Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

View Poll Results: ...
.. 0 0%
... 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 07:47 PM   #6051
NightmareInShiningArmour

Already did that.
And what's wrong with Skittles? They taste yummy.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:17 PM   #6052
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua

How old are you, if I may ask?
Hah, you don't know your way around this website.
Why does that not surprise me?
Old 07-20-2008, 09:41 PM   #6053
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
Hah, you don't know your way around this website.
Why does that not surprise me?
Ah, you're 20. Heh. Still at that age when you think you know everything, eh? That explains a lot, actually..
Old 07-20-2008, 09:52 PM   #6054
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMac
How do you determine what the average number of males in the population does with their emotions- was there a Gallup poll I missed?

But what is healthy? Crying and talking it out like women do? Aggresison is not an unhealthy thing, you know. Nor id always letting it out a la1 Oprah necessarially a healthy method, either. Why not let all emotional reaction sbe considered situational and then proper to those expessing them and to those who are on the receiving end- and not just your dictates?
I don't understand why this is upsetting you; I'm not saying this to stereotype anyone, or say that ALL guys are like this. :/

Emotions are not bad. Expressing them is not bad. But expressing them in a way that can cause harm to others or oneself in a serious way IS bad. [i. e., abusing spouses, hurting children, r@pe, going on a murderous rampage, etc.]
Old 07-20-2008, 09:57 PM   #6055
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareInShiningArmour
Already did that.
And what's wrong with Skittles? They taste yummy.
There are actually paler versions of those same colors that work a lot better against the black background. The color I'm using right now is called 'wheat'.

This is 'Plum',this is 'Pink', and so on and so forth.
Old 07-20-2008, 11:14 PM   #6056
NightmareInShiningArmour

Yeah I know it's just I like the darker colours better. I'm settling with Dark Orchid.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:39 AM   #6057
Solumina

I really miss my dad
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Old 07-21-2008, 03:36 AM   #6058
MollyMac

Quote:
Ah, you're 20. Heh. Still at that age when you think you know everything, eh? That explains a lot, actually..

Wow. That's fucking patronising as hell.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:41 AM   #6059
MollyMac

Quote:
I don't understand why this is upsetting you; I'm not saying this to stereotype anyone, or say that ALL guys are like this. :/

Emotions are not bad. Expressing them is not bad. But expressing them in a way that can cause harm to others or oneself in a serious way IS bad. [i. e., abusing spouses, hurting children, r@pe, going on a murderous rampage, etc.]
It isn't upsetting me, I am simply asking questions.

It just sounds like you guys are saying that men in the Northwestern Hemisphere show their emotions solely by aggression or otherwise negative manners because you say they are insecure. When generalisations are made, it *is* saying that the perceived majority fall under your opinion's umbrella.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:20 AM   #6060
Tam Li Hua

Quote:

It just sounds like you guys are saying that men in the Northwestern Hemisphere show their emotions solely by aggression or otherwise negative manners because you say they are insecure. When generalisations are made, it *is* saying that the perceived majority fall under your opinion's umbrella.
That wasn't my point at all, actually. My point was simply that most guys in Western civilization don't show emotion as openly as most women do. I don't know if it has anything to do with insecurity or not, and I don't think it always comes out as aggressive behavior. I was referring, instead, to the mentality of "Real Men Don't Cry". I don't agree with that mentality AT ALL. I think it is healthier to get one's emotions out in the open than to push them down because of some misguided social idea.

I never said that ALL men are like this. I said that MOST men fall in the trap of "real men don't cry." See the difference?
Old 07-21-2008, 06:56 AM   #6061
JCC

Quote:
Fuck you. Seriously fed up of peple going 'Look I'm old and therefore right'.

Fuck you. You are stupid.
Old 07-21-2008, 08:03 AM   #6062
Mir

Responding like that only reinforces her point.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:00 AM   #6063
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:

So you're saying that the examples above are how one would act if they couldn't deal with emotions properly?

And you said on average, males cannot deal with emotions properly?

YOU LOSE.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:03 AM   #6064
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
First of all, you can't do simple math.
Second of all, it does explain a lot, but it can't explain why I'm miles ahead of you in wisdom and maturity.

It also can't explain why, though you're a staggering TEN YEARS older than I am, you have no concept of how arguments work, how to access others, or pretty much how society works in general.

So go ahead, insult my age all you want, because you're just embarrassing yourself and proving why using my age to judge me is wrong.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:07 AM   #6065
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
That wasn't my point at all, actually. My point was simply that most guys in Western civilization don't show emotion as openly as most women do.
Yeah, you're right actually.

Using sex as a weapon, forcing a man to sleep on a couch when he bought the goddamn bed, giving people the silent treatment, and pulling that "do whatever you want" and then freaking out when he does bullshit is WAY healthier.

What's more, according to you, since some women act like that, THEY ALL ACT LIKE THAT.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:18 AM   #6066
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Yeah, you're right actually.

Using sex as a weapon, forcing a man to sleep on a couch when he bought the goddamn bed, giving people the silent treatment, and pulling that "do whatever you want" and then freaking out when he does bullshit is WAY healthier.

What's more, according to you, since some women act like that, THEY ALL ACT LIKE THAT.
I never said that they all act like that. In fact, I made a point to say that not all folks act a certain way. I also didn't say that the passive-aggressive behavior of some women such as what you described was good in comparison.

Showing emotion in the way that Nightmare does and trying to talk things over calmly and rationally, and acknowledging one's feelings is the best way to handle such things. Not talking about it, or trying to ignore such feelings, or taking out one's emotions on someone else in any way, shape, or form is not not NOT good.

I beg you, please stop trying to read more into what I'm saying than what is actually there; it's giving me a bit of a headache. -_-;;;; *takes some generic ibuprofin..*
Old 07-21-2008, 09:24 AM   #6067
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
First of all, you can't do simple math.
2008 - 1988 = 20. But wait, your birthday isn't until November, so that really makes you 19.

My bad. ^^;;;

Quote:
Second of all, it does explain a lot, but it can't explain why I'm miles ahead of you in wisdom and maturity.
You are? o.o! Oh dear..

Quote:
It also can't explain why, though you're a staggering TEN YEARS older than I am, you have no concept of how arguments work, how to access others, or pretty much how society works in general.
Honestly, I prefer discussion over argument. :/ I only attack when I feel that I'm being unfairly attacked..

Quote:
So go ahead, insult my age all you want, because you're just embarrassing yourself and proving why using my age to judge me is wrong.
You're right; using age alone to judge you is wrong. But I'm also judging you from the attitude you present here. But, like I said earlier, I may be severely misjudging you since I don't know you IRL.

My apologies.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:48 AM   #6068
Mir

[tentatively pokes his head out]

Is that it?

GOD DAMN IT!"!$%!£$%!
Old 07-21-2008, 10:00 AM   #6069
Underwater Ophelia

You don't seem to understand anything...
Old 07-21-2008, 10:58 AM   #6070
thekorupt

Quote:

I'm sorry if it sounds like that. That isn't exactly what I meant.

I read this book recently, where they did interviews with literally tens of thousands of American men (bear in mind, I only attest to knowing anything about American men) and they discovered that men in general have a stereotype in their own heads that showing emotion equates weakness.

I do not think men should show emotion the same as women. They are 2 different sexes for a reason. HOWEVER, as a society, we do need to stop saying emotion is a bad thing....

That includes anger, sadness, depression, ect all the "negative" emotions. Anger ISN'T bad. How you express it can be. My husband has a rage disorder. This means, when he gets angry, he physically attacks things, for example, he totalled a motorcycle and a laptop last year. He went to anger management classes, got some counselling, and learned how to handle it properly. The emotion is never bad.. its expression is what makes it good or bad.

On the flip side... I am a bipolar. There are days I simply hate life. On those days I paint or write in my journal, or whatever I need to do to channel that emotion somewhere that isn't destructive. I will honestly say, my art saved my life, because truthfully, I would have killed myself if I hadn't learned to dispose of that emotion in a good way.

Anyways... hope that made more sense.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:10 AM   #6071
Tam Li Hua

thekorupt:

You worded my own thoughts perfectly.

Ophelia: Then feel free to explain it to me, though I think this thread is the wrong place for continuing our conversation.

Email me at tamlihua@mindless.com, if you want.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:14 AM   #6072
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekorupt
I am a bipolar.
... Apart from your bad grammar, the sheer repetitive nature of this statement drummed into my head from a swarm of different people claiming to be bipolar means that as soon as I saw that I facepalmed so hard I was almost concussed.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:53 PM   #6073
thekorupt

Go fuck yourself JCC. Once again.. you are a 14 year old who knows nothing about life. Since you are too stupid to get the point of what I was saying, I am merely going to stick with speaking on your level.

Once again, fuck you.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:20 PM   #6074
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekorupt
Go fuck yourself JCC. Once again.. you are a 14 year old who knows nothing about life. Since you are too stupid to get the point of what I was saying, I am merely going to stick with speaking on your level.

Once again, fuck you.
What does being 14 have to do with anything?
Foolishly, you allow your ageism to make you underestimate people.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:25 PM   #6075
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
What does being 14 have to do with anything?
Foolishly, you allow your ageism to make you underestimate people.
Younger folk usually react less maturely to life situations than, say, a 30 year old normally would [or should, rather].

Also, in general, 14-year-olds don't have a great deal of life experience, and typically think they have the answers to the universe. But, the older one gets, the more one realizes how little one knows about...well, everything.

Plus they have that super-charged hormone thing going on. My last therapist even said that because of all the dramatic hormonal changes, teenagers could technically be referred to as 'temporarily insane'.

Doesn't make teens bad or anything; just one of those life things everyone has to live through..