Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 10-23-2010, 07:51 AM   #1
metalmonstereatme

meep

Im pretty new to this whole thing, but i found this site and had to join. Cause frankly the goth scene in Kansas city is pretty much nill. Could have sworn one time i heard we were rated one of the worst cities today to be goth in. about our best store to get any kind of cloths in is hot topic, and well, if you walked into hot topic today you would agree with me when i say that store is shit now.
The only place i can shop any way is the thrift store, and honestly if you look hard enough there are some good cloths in there to make a decent outfit out of. I even found a brand new un-fded pair of trip pnts once for seven dollars, it was awsome.
For the most part i caant sy i fall into the typicl goth culture except for the fact that i tend to dress it, i love macabre art and music. then again i dont really tink it matters what you like or listen to tht makes you anything, im just hppy with being me. I get alot of shit for loveing tool, but, well, i do. and im not a big fn of the cure, noithin against them, just not really my kind of music i guess.
I probably did a comeplete fail on an entry, but i think you guys probably dont relly care that much.
and yes i did post this as a blog too(i said im new to this shit)
metalmonstereatme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 02:38 PM   #2
the-nihilist

Kill them all, before they kill you.
Old 10-24-2010, 02:28 PM   #3
metalmonstereatme

yes that would be the apropriate plan of action
Old 10-24-2010, 03:43 PM   #4
≈Mortal•Mælstrom≈

"Im pretty new to this whole thing..."

Metalmonstereatme,
First, I'd like to say welcome! I am new here, too. I joined the Gothic.net community after observing several threads and the way people interact. It was my cup of tea, unlike the actual community I live in now (conservative good-ol'-boy town).

"...The only place i can shop any way is the thrift store, and honestly if you look hard enough there are some good cloths in there to make a decent outfit out of..."

I agree with you that I do not wish to go to Crap Topic for the fact that I could find and "do-it-yourself" (DIY) anything four times cheaper at a Goodwill or Value Village! Which, of course, is better and more special than that at Hot Topic. I am always seeing mass produced goth mockery items for sale in sizes way to small for my hot pumpkin ass (voluptuous, thank you!), therefore I choose to find another way to express my likes in clothing and to do it at a much more economical fee!

"...then again i dont really tink it matters what you like or listen to tht makes you anything, im just hppy with being me. I get alot of shit for loveing tool, but, well, i do. and im not a big fn of the cure, noithin against them, just not really my kind of music i guess.
I probably did a comeplete fail on an entry, but i think you guys probably dont relly care that much.

In my opinion, I believe what one decides to like and listen has much to do with whom they are. What one likes and dislikes, listens to and ignores has quite a lot to do with the human desire to be unique, as are many more characteristics that make one group of people more and more individual from the next group of people. It is the difference from the cookie-cutter, close-minded, taboo-fearing, and unimaginitive mainstream (and much more) that causes goths to come together in online forums, homes, basements, parks, recreation areas, etc. just to bask in our protected desires we value that is our individuality and the knowledge that we won't be heckled by one another for our differences because we, as a group, no, as a COMMUNITY of Goths do not judge unjustly for we are cut from the same tattered, abandoned cloth. I believe that most goths disapprove of the mentality behind the basis of judgment of one another. Identity can be a very dangerous thing, and as far as I know, nobody will be sticking me in a labeled box anytime soon.
≈Mortal•Mælstrom≈ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 05:19 PM   #5
metalmonstereatme

haha, yea you are right, about the music thing,
"In my opinion, I believe what one decides to like and listen has much to do with whom they are."
this is very true, i think more of what i was trying to say is generally people think that cause i listen to tool and, a perfect circle, king crimson, pink floyd, that i think im better than them, dont ask why i just seem to get that reaction alot, probably cause the music scene here is very, well, red neck. but your right it does define me in alot of ways. and what they think does not really matter, all that matters is that im happy with myself, and for the most part i am. Thank you for pointing that out so i could correct myself, i was just rushing when i was writing that, plus i hadnt had my coffee yet.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:08 AM   #6
≈Mortal•Mælstrom≈

mah ha ha ha! you hadn't had your coffee! too true for so many souls.
I actually like Pink Floyd. My favorite song by A Perfect Circle is Three Libras.
I'm pretty well rounded in common music knowledge and then some.
I just listen to the stuff that defines who I am.
I don't like coffee that much.
I've been fond of making my own hot cocoa lately.
Talk about yummy!
≈Mortal•Mælstrom≈ is offline   Reply With Quote