Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:27 AM   #1
Joker_in_the_Pack

Re: Suicide threads

DON'T FUCKING POST THEM! All that's going to happen is people are going to make fun of you and advise you to try again, with a few nice people giving you cliche advice. If you absolutely have to talk about it, go find REAL friends, not random bits of text on the internet. Also, if you're such a coward as to end your life over what is almost assuredly a stupid reason, maybe you need to go make real friends, because we don't need you on here.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 09:38 AM   #2
jack_the_knife

^ Cosigned
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:02 AM   #3
$haDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_in_the_Pack
DON'T FUCKING POST THEM! All that's going to happen is people are going to make fun of you and advise you to try again, with a few nice people giving you cliche advice. If you absolutely have to talk about it, go find REAL friends, not random bits of text on the internet. Also, if you're such a coward as to end your life over what is almost assuredly a stupid reason, maybe you need to go make real friends, because we don't need you on here.
Oh... errrrr

I'm guilty.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:24 AM   #4
xXEducatedSocialiteXx

I think I'm going to have to agree with you, Joker.
People, if you were really that suicidal, you wouldn't tell anyone about it.
I know because I've been there. (Clinical depression. Not fun at all)
xXEducatedSocialiteXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:41 AM   #5
JCC

http://www.theburningbiscuit.com/Pic...s/Suicide.jpeg

TIRED OLD MEME FTW!
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:59 AM   #6
onedarkly1

Quote:
I must respectfully disagree with you on this one Joker, although I enjoy a lot of your posts.

I concede they can be annoying to others on here, and completely agree with you that the best case senario would be for someone to talk with "REAL" friends about the subject.

The issue of course for many in that boat is the a) they don't think they have anyone to turn to, or b) they really don't have any one to turn to, and of course the ones who take a little from a and some from b.

It is recognized that writing about something can be helpful, and posting here or else where falls under those guidelines.

One of the things the internet offers is anonymity. Therefore allowing one to speak their mind without feelng the scorn and redicule of family and friends on such a topic.

While we will never no who is actually helped by our replies (cliché advise) if it actually helps even one person I am okay with it.

__________________________________________________ __
“Some people are like slinkies…completely worthless…but still put a smile on your face when you push them down the stairs”.
onedarkly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 02:31 PM   #7
MitsyMayhem

I was going to make this thread, but I didn't want to sound like an arsehole.

But I agree with you Joker, 100 percent.
I'm sick of seeing that shit.
These people obviously aren't serious, just annoying and melodramatic.
I've been there.
For real.
But guess what? I didn't broadcast it too the world.
Suicide is a serious problem and all these threads are insulting to everyone who comes here because they enjoy it. BE serious here.
MitsyMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 03:39 PM   #8
Corpus_Macabre

Quote:
I totally agree with you. The fact that this forum condones these pathetic threads makes me take the topics less seriously. I am glad someone has made a post regarding their irritation. I was about to make one but honestly, I was hoping the threads would "die out" per say...
Corpus_Macabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 03:46 PM   #9
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpus_Macabre
I was hoping the threads would "die out" per say...
Which will come first, the death of suicide threads or the death of correct spellings of Latin phrases?
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 04:00 PM   #10
Mealla

I think that some could potentially be serious, but a vast majority are attention-whoring, so anyone posting suicide threats would just be taken as an attention whore. If someone feels they have no friends or family they can turn to on the matter and they're having such feelings, they should seek out counseling and/or call a suicide hotline.
Mealla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 04:22 PM   #11
Corpus_Macabre

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
Which will come first, the death of suicide threads or the death of correct spellings of Latin phrases?
I like you.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:43 PM   #12
Jonathan

I think from now on I am going to start providing suicidal posters with links to www.churchofeuthanasia.org. Maybe I can spearhead a revival.

Save the planet, kill yourself!
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 05:52 PM   #13
Corpus_Macabre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan
I think from now on I am going to start providing suicidal posters with links to www.churchofeuthanasia.org. Maybe I can spearhead a revival.

Depressingly enough, it most likely would save the planet...a little...
Old 10-16-2008, 08:53 PM   #14
Jaye Jang

Joker, could people who post 'death threats' be added to that, or should that be a different thread? (And yes, I'm guilty of giving advice, 'cliché' or otherwise, so shoot me).
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 09:28 PM   #15
Joker_in_the_Pack

I reckon the death-threat people ought to go kill the suicidal people. Then they get locked up and we've killed two birds with one stone.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

Old 10-16-2008, 09:38 PM   #16
Jaye Jang

Thank you, Joker. Once again, you've made me laugh tonight. You get a gold star. (Okay. Sorry. This is a goth site. You get a black star). Just smack me until my brain rolls into the proper groove.
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 09:40 PM   #17
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXEducatedSocialiteXx
I think I'm going to have to agree with you, Joker.
People, if you were really that suicidal, you wouldn't tell anyone about it.
I know because I've been there. (Clinical depression. Not fun at all)
That's not necessarily true, and you being told you're depressed by a doctor doesn't make you the authority on everyone else's experience with depression or suicide.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 12:48 AM   #18
xXEducatedSocialiteXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan

You know, we could just be like the Lemmings.
As soon as our population becomes to large, we throw ourselves off of cliffs.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:51 AM   #19
xXEducatedSocialiteXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
That's not necessarily true, and you being told you're depressed by a doctor doesn't make you the authority on everyone else's experience with depression or suicide.

I didn't say I did.
My point was that most people who are genuinely (SP?) depressed don't tell people about their depression.
When a friend of mine was depressed, I had to figure out what was wrong with her because she never told anyone, not even her own parents.
Here in my village, quite a few people have hanged themselves and nobody knew that they were feeling suicidal because they never told anyone how they felt.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:32 AM   #20
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
I didn't say I did.
My point was that most people who are genuinely (SP?) depressed don't tell people about their depression.
When a friend of mine was depressed, I had to figure out what was wrong with her because she never told anyone, not even her own parents.
Here in my village, quite a few people have hanged themselves and nobody knew that they were feeling suicidal because they never told anyone how they felt.
Not always true. Some people feel it's easier to deal with their problems out in the open as opposed to being secrets, and will then share their problems.

Mind you, my post is NOT about people with clinical depression who are dealing with it as best they can, it's about annoying, melodramatic, angsty teens and pre-teens who cut themselves over meaningless high school relationships that didn't have a Mormon's chance in San Fransisco of working out.

Old 10-17-2008, 08:48 AM   #21
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
I didn't say I did.
And that's true IN YOUR CASE.
I know tons of people who are actually depressed and very open about it.

It's possibly a regional thing--maybe it's more accepted here than where you are. Either way, you can't make generalities.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 10:26 AM   #22
Steppenwolf

This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Im so bored ...
Old 10-17-2008, 12:04 PM   #23
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steppenwolf
This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Im so bored ...
I'm gonna have to go with this option. Sorry Joker, cheap giggles is cheap giggles.
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 12:16 PM   #24
Mir

I like, I like suicide... mixed with Jesus Christ yeah.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote