Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:07 AM   #1
$haDe

Homosexual ≠ True Love

"There's no true love in homosexual"

Why did people say that !!!

i'm so fuckin' sick of this statement.

They even did researches about it and tried pointing it out and got them on my nerves !!

I says that they might actually researched it for nothing but absurdity of pure foolness.

My BF said that they were jealous that we got together very soon.No long dating. No sexual difference.

What will you guy say ?
Old 09-24-2008, 08:16 AM   #2
Tam Li Hua

*hugs*

Of course homosexuals have true love! It's silly to say that they don't!

I'm glad you have someone to love, $hade, and I think you should embrace that love as well as any heterosexual couple does.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:19 AM   #3
$haDe

Wait wait !!

I'm not broking up or..kind of

I'm just pissing off for that is a very rude statement and watn to hear what G.net people think about it.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:20 AM   #4
Duane

Of course! True love has nothing to do with sexual orientation! True love exists for everyone!
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:37 AM   #5
$haDe

I still don't get it.

Then why did people want to believe that way instead of Duane's.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:47 AM   #6
Solumina

Because they are ignorant and bigoted. In the ancient world a country/empire/whatever's power came from numbers and as homosexual relationships do not produce children a lot of places demonized them so that there would be more heterosexual couples and therefore more children, though a lot of those same cultures were fine with extramarital gay sex but that was seen as a sexual relationships and not romantic relationships. Over the years the need for great numbers of citizens has dwindled but sadly that skewed view of homosexual relationships is just now beginning to change.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:02 AM   #7
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by $haDe
Wait wait !!

I'm not broking up or..kind of

I'm just pissing off for that is a very rude statement and watn to hear what G.net people think about it.
Because some folks still consider homosexuality 'evil', or at the very least, non-traditional. And, for some folks, non-traditional = bad.

It will take the world some time to fully accept such relationships as real, I'm afraid, though I wish that it wouldn't take so long.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:19 AM   #8
$haDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
Because they are ignorant and bigoted. In the ancient world a country/empire/whatever's power came from numbers and as homosexual relationships do not produce children a lot of places demonized them so that there would be more heterosexual couples and therefore more children, though a lot of those same cultures were fine with extramarital gay sex but that was seen as a sexual relationships and not romantic relationships. Over the years the need for great numbers of citizens has dwindled but sadly that skewed view of homosexual relationships is just now beginning to change.

Like Greeks and Romans,right ?

I've heard that Achilles(spell ?) was bi
Old 09-24-2008, 10:22 AM   #9
Cicero

It's pretty interesting how sexual attitudes change based upon the needs of a society at the time.

At one point in classical Greece true love was considered almost solely a homosexual thing. It worked well for their armies because soldiers would fight harder when fighting alongside their lovers... Men and women married for the sake of bearing children, but passion and companionship were expected to be found amongst members of the same sex.

There's absolutely no reason why homosexuals shouldn't experience real love. Any 'research' suggesting otherwise is just another thread of bullshit in the great web of homophobia.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:23 AM   #10
Duane

He might've been, there have been stories that had it that Achilles was gay, and that Patroclus and he were lovers. However, we'll never know for sure, or will we? Question, does it make me homophobic if I gag a bit when I see 2 dudes kiss?
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:38 AM   #11
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Sometimes people just have no idea how others feel. They think they know the world so they can just say these things. It's harsh and mean.

I give you hugs.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:53 AM   #12
Saya

Its true about homosexuality being accepted in Greece and Rome, and it was also accepted for the samurai of Japan.

It must be a pain to keep hearing things like that $hade, but sadly some people just can't let go of their bigotry.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:03 AM   #13
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya
Its true about homosexuality being accepted in Greece and Rome, and it was also accepted for the samurai of Japan.
And it was required of the Persian Immortals
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:34 PM   #14
Bete Noire

The Celtic tribes were very fond of their fellow man, as it were.

Caesar commented on it with some surprise. just trying to remember where.
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:48 PM   #15
Deadmanwalking_05

Don't let them get you down kid.

The important thing is that you found someone that shares the same feelings,and really isn't that what most folks are looking for?
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 01:28 AM   #16
$haDe

I don't know what to say....

They may be jealous that we can easily gro together.

No long-term dating.