Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 03-20-2008, 05:13 AM   #1
CandyKorns

What would be some good Tattoo ideas that represent a favorite celeb?

I need some cool ideas for tattoos that would be representative of like 1 or 2 of(generally speaking) your favorite celebs? I've never had any tattoos. So I'm interested in subtle stuff, like somethinng small on the inside of my wrist or something.
I'm just wondering like should I get like one of their quotes or what? I have no clue. Please help give me some ideas or something?! thanks.
By the way, is it stupid to get a tattoo in this sense?
CandyKorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 05:42 AM   #2
Cicero

Tattoos to represent your favourite celebrities are always stupid. Always.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 06:21 AM   #3
CandyKorns

Not if that person inspires you.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:06 AM   #4
GratefulGrunger

If it's a celebrity from a band, try to find something little that represents them or is shown in their album, in their lyrics, and perhaps a band symbol(if they have one)

I don't really relate to your idea.. CandyKorns, not at all... I think if you want to get a tatto you should pick something you like.. tattoing some celebrity personality to your body seems more like obsession than fandom >.>
GratefulGrunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:54 AM   #5
chelseagirl

In answer to your last question...yes, I do think it is quite stupid. Try to think about 30-40 years from now...are you still going to think this "celeb" is cool?

I'm currently thanking the gods that I never got a tattoo dedicated to Corey Haim back when I thought he was so cool after seeing Lost Boys, or Richard Grieco, lol!

My curiosity has been ignited though...may I ask what celebs you want to memorialize on your skin?
Old 03-20-2008, 09:23 AM   #6
KontanKarite

Get a heartagram...

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:07 AM   #7
Tea and Cake or Death

Well, all tattoos look silly in a few years. Besides, let's take away the cool factor of whoever it is for a moment. I mean, if this were the early 1980's and you had gotten a Michael Jackson tattoo, sure, you would have been "the man" for a min or two, but now you would be hiding that thing like nuts. My point is, you don't know what the future holds for this guy/girl, so you don't really wanna be sportin' their image just in case this person turns out to not be able to live up the the image you have in your head of them now.
Tea and Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:16 AM   #8
chelseagirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea and Cake or Death
Well, all tattoos look silly in a few years.

hmmm, I've had both my sleeves for over 10 years now...I don't think they look silly....
Old 03-20-2008, 11:19 AM   #9
Tea and Cake or Death

I'm thinking about when you're 90, and some orderly has to wipe your ass, and all that crap. I mean, hey, to each their own. But that's the reason why I never was down with a bunch of skin graffiti.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:20 AM   #10
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyKorns
Not if that person inspires you.
To do what? To get a tattoo? Yes, yes it IS stupid. Celebrities go out of fashion - a tattoo is permanent. Get something that won't date, and if it's your first one, get it in a place tyhat doesn't show in most clothes. If you still like it in a year, then think about getting one in a place that does. That'd be my advice - I have one on my back, and although I still like it, I'm glad I didn't get the arm one I wanted.

Take it or leave it, but you did ask.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:44 PM   #11
CandyKorns

Thanks for the advice. I'm not thinking at all that "I'll be cool" with a tattoo like that I just thought if that person inspires you and makes you feel stronger in some way than why not have something to always be there to keep inspiring you and help you in some weird way.
I've heard of people having portraits of kurt cobain tattooed on them and other celebs. Do you think THATS "obsession more than fandom". Hell I just want something tiny on the inside of wrist. I think if people want some type of tattoo in honor of one of their favorite celebs than its because they feel like that person has helped them in some way - not because they're "obsessed" with them.
Megan Fox (Transformers) has a portrait tattoo of Marilyn Monroe On her arm.
Old 03-21-2008, 02:00 AM   #12
ionic_angel

Er...I would never get a tattoo of an actual person. I mean, what if they went off and became a bleached weirdo who molests little kids, for example?

I'm just saying tattoo removal is expansive, you know?
ionic_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 06:16 AM   #13
blackwater1110

Generally thinking, tattooing someone famous on you will make you look stupid. However, there are two notable exceptions:

1. You tattoo an image of someone dead on you. Dead people don't change, so if they've been gone for a while, chances are public perception won't change that much during your lifetime. Examples: Socrates, Che, Marley. These all say something that probably won't be re-defined anytime soon.
2. You could probably get away with a quote from a famous person, but unless they're dead already, I would think very seriously about putting their name under it. The reason words could work is because if they're expressing an idea, they don't get caught up in the person as much. And if you don't put the name, then if that person becomes really embarrassing in the future, then you can decide whether or not to tell people who said it, thus guaranteeing you won't get screwed in 20 years when your idol who spoke about corruption turns out to have set up a child prostitution ring.

I hope you're not asking what celebrity to put on your arm. If you don't have someone in mind already, you should definitely not be putting anyone on your arm.
blackwater1110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 02:42 PM   #14
emeraldlonewoulf

Quote:
I'm thinking about when you're 90, and some orderly has to wipe your ass, and all that crap. I mean, hey, to each their own. But that's the reason why I never was down with a bunch of skin graffiti.
Most people I've met that age don't give a good god damn what ANYBODY thinks, and rightfully so. Hell, the ones I've met in that age range with tattoos were still damn proud of them, too, like the Iwo Jima Marine, and other WWII and Korea Vets, or merchant sailors.

I remember shopping in a department store about two years ago, and there was this couple in their mid-sixties. They looked a little rough around the edges that was for sure. Both female, with tattoos, nose, lip, eyebrow, multiple ear and a couple neck piercings. One of them had a small hawk as well. One had piercings all down her arms. They weren't new, either. Most of the piercing jewelery was gold, not steel or silver. I only mention this because I don't see much gold piercing jewelry, either for sale or on people. Their clothes were "normal" for the most part, except that the one withe arm piercings was wearing a sleeveless floral print blouse, and usually older women don't wear sleeveless stuff because they are afraid of showing off flabby arms. She was just like "fuck that, I have all these piercings and tattoos, and I'm gonna show 'em off!"

I can only imagine the stories those two had to tell, given a beer or two.

If tattoos represent something important to you, why would you be concerned that they won't look exactly the same where you are older? They can still convey the same message, both to you and to others. Now, agreed, I think getting a belly tattoo before you have kids might be a bit unwise, but with a bit of planning with placement, I don't see why older people shouldn't be just as proud of their body art as anyone else. Nobody says you have to jump back into the conformist society just because you reach retirement. If anything, for a lot of folks, that's when they are free enough of children and home to really start doing what they want to.

Who knows, maybe all those tattoos and such will make the damn orderlies think twice about stealing your meds or gelatin dessert, or pulling the whole "sorry dear, its time for your nap" bullshit on the rare occasions your kids visit.

question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
(shouts) WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??!!?
answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
Because some people are dicks. And not everyone else is gay.
emeraldlonewoulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 03:21 PM   #15
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
I personaly intend on not being left in such a vulnerable position, though I don't intend on getting a tattoo either. I would definately not be opposed to becomming a cyborg in the future.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 09:45 PM   #16
CandyKorns

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwater1110
Generally thinking, tattooing someone famous on you will make you look stupid. However, there are two notable exceptions:

1. You tattoo an image of someone dead on you. Dead people don't change, so if they've been gone for a while, chances are public perception won't change that much during your lifetime. Examples: Socrates, Che, Marley. These all say something that probably won't be re-defined anytime soon.
2. You could probably get away with a quote from a famous person, but unless they're dead already, I would think very seriously about putting their name under it. The reason words could work is because if they're expressing an idea, they don't get caught up in the person as much. And if you don't put the name, then if that person becomes really embarrassing in the future, then you can decide whether or not to tell people who said it, thus guaranteeing you won't get screwed in 20 years when your idol who spoke about corruption turns out to have set up a child prostitution ring.

I hope you're not asking what celebrity to put on your arm. If you don't have someone in mind already, you should definitely not be putting anyone on your arm.

NO. I do not at all want there image tattooed on me. Like I said in the very damn beginning, I just want something that represents them, like maybe their characters name from a movie or SOMETHING like that, I haven't figured that out yet. I know exactly who I have in mind, too, btw, that would be VERY stupid to be asking these questions, if I didn't!
Old 03-21-2008, 09:53 PM   #17
CandyKorns

Quote:

I don't give a shit what some crooked ass "orderly" at a retirement home will think of me or my possible tattoos! YOU OBVIOUSLY and intensely need to stop caring about what people think!
Old 03-21-2008, 10:02 PM   #18
CandyKorns

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldlonewoulf
Most people I've met that age don't give a good god damn what ANYBODY thinks, and rightfully so. Hell, the ones I've met in that age range with tattoos were still damn proud of them, too, like the Iwo Jima Marine, and other WWII and Korea Vets, or merchant sailors.

I remember shopping in a department store about two years ago, and there was this couple in their mid-sixties. They looked a little rough around the edges that was for sure. Both female, with tattoos, nose, lip, eyebrow, multiple ear and a couple neck piercings. One of them had a small hawk as well. One had piercings all down her arms. They weren't new, either. Most of the piercing jewelery was gold, not steel or silver. I only mention this because I don't see much gold piercing jewelry, either for sale or on people. Their clothes were "normal" for the most part, except that the one withe arm piercings was wearing a sleeveless floral print blouse, and usually older women don't wear sleeveless stuff because they are afraid of showing off flabby arms. She was just like "fuck that, I have all these piercings and tattoos, and I'm gonna show 'em off!"

I can only imagine the stories those two had to tell, given a beer or two.

If tattoos represent something important to you, why would you be concerned that they won't look exactly the same where you are older? They can still convey the same message, both to you and to others. Now, agreed, I think getting a belly tattoo before you have kids might be a bit unwise, but with a bit of planning with placement, I don't see why older people shouldn't be just as proud of their body art as anyone else. Nobody says you have to jump back into the conformist society just because you reach retirement. If anything, for a lot of folks, that's when they are free enough of children and home to really start doing what they want to.

Who knows, maybe all those tattoos and such will make the damn orderlies think twice about stealing your meds or gelatin dessert, or pulling the whole "sorry dear, its time for your nap" bullshit on the rare occasions your kids visit.
Thank You! This is the Best damn comment, yet. Makes a lot of sense and really meaningful.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:03 PM   #19
Tea and Cake or Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyKorns
I don't give a shit what some crooked ass "orderly" at a retirement home will think of me or my possible tattoos! YOU OBVIOUSLY and intensely need to stop caring about what people think!

Okay. I'll start with you.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:05 PM   #20
Tea and Cake or Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus
I personaly intend on not being left in such a vulnerable position, though I don't intend on getting a tattoo either. I would definately not be opposed to becomming a cyborg in the future.
Well, I'm sure it wasn't what a lot of people in that situation intended or wanted. It's usually the kids who decide to put mom or pop into one of those places. But, hey, life is what happens to you while your busy making other plans. Whatever does happen to you, I hope you can be happy.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:32 PM   #21
Tea and Cake or Death

...I would like to add that I think that what I wrote isn't coming off how I wanted it to. The mentioning of an orderly was just a tool used to bring about a mental image of things associated with the kind of time frame in which I had in mind. I think some have put much more importance, & emphasis in "him" than I had intended. I wasn't even thinking of it in terms of what some imaginary orderly would think. I should have been more clear on the fact I personally have taken it upon myself to not get a whole bunch of tattoos because I think that tattoos look silly on people of a certain age. That is my opinion, and I am just as entitled to it as you are to yours. If you desire to cover your body in ink, go for it. It's your body to do what you wish with. I wish to not have a tattoo that I will regret when I am older. And I would like to point out that the POSTER had asked us for collective opinion which is the only reason why I gave mine in the first place.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:37 PM   #22
Wormboy

Lyrics. Period. A person can change but words can always mean something.

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 12:22 AM   #23
Green.Lady

CandyKorns, I actually understand where you're coming from. I want a band tattoo (a symbol, with lyrics) and I really could care less what people think about it. It signifies a period in your life in which you idolized/loved the person/band and documents a bit of your journey. Just make sure you really do adore the person/band right now and have for a while, enough to make an impact on your life. If it has made an impact, and you can describe the impact, it'll be a wanted memory and a permanent keepsake instead of something you'll feel like an idiot for in a few months.

I don't know what line of work you're going for, but if it's a professional one, you might want to get the tattoo on the hip or back - anywhere you can cover it with your clothes. Lyrics would also be better, as Wormboy said.

What is it you have in mind, by the way?
Deliver me a paper
Green.Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 04:03 AM   #24
CandyKorns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green.Lady

What is it you have in mind, by the way?
For the tattoo? I haven't figured it out yet. Guess that's why I posted this so maybe someone could give me an idea but That's something I'LL have to figure out on my own. I know it's going to be words/quote/possibly characters name or something like that, just don't know what exactly, yet. Still searching, trying to figure something out. It's probably going to be a while before I get the tattoo.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:34 AM   #25
Duane

Hm... I wanna get the Gundaw Wing logo, the one from the only good saga. With Heero Yuuy and gang, get that on one shoulder, and then get the Outlaw Star logo on the other, I will. I think I might get a Sailor Mercury tattooed onto my left upper arm.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote