Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 09-27-2006, 03:44 PM   #1
Neurosis

Introduction

Hello!

My name is Natalia, 17 years old, and born/raised/still living in New York City (Bronx borough). I am a Senior in high school, a Junior ROTC high school to be specific. My favorite bands are: Cruxshadows, Siouxsie and the Banshees, VNV Nation, The Last Dance, Ego Likeness, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Voltaire, and others.

I am here because my father has blocked a Goth Forum I frequently boarded, and I do miss chatting with other Goths.

Nice to see you all!

--Natalia
Neurosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 03:59 PM   #2
cradle

Try going here to introduce yourself properly so we can get to know you better...

https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=1644
Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord to tell everyone about that time at Ronnie's house when I smashed the beer bottle over my own head.
cradle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 04:19 PM   #3
Neurosis

I checked out that thread first, but it was closed and unable to reply.

--Neurosis
Old 09-27-2006, 04:36 PM   #4
poesraven333

Hey Neurosis. I think you stole my middle name. I'm new too and didn't know where to post. Post the answers to the questions right here.
poesraven333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 01:30 PM   #5
Neurosis

That makes much more sense.

1. What do you do? I am currently still a Senior in high school. In my spare time, I like to do Arts & Crafts, listen to music, and chat online.

2. Where are you from? I am from New York City, but my family came from Dominican Republic. I am said that I do not resemble a Dominican decendant.

3. Who is your favorite author? Neil Gaiman, definitely.

4. What are your favorite films? Seriously, I do not really care for films.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding? I do not plan to be married at all.

6. At your funeral? Never thought about which song I would play.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die? Naturally, when the body is too old to support itself.

8. What kind of casket would you want? One that would I would fit nicely into.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit? I have one too many. :-D

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid? Having someone to care for you, instead of burdening responsibilites on yourself. Just being free basically.

11. What's your favorite band? Cruxshadows, then Siouxsie and the Banshees.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major? At the moment, I am in high school, but I plan to major in Geology after graduation.

13. Why did you join? My father blocked the former Goth forum I frequently chatted in, being how close-minded he is. I just want to talk to others who do not want to talk about the ordinary.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender? I am a female.

--Neurosis
Old 09-29-2006, 04:04 PM   #6
Godslayer Jillian

Welcome. I think you should try to reason your father, not to unblock the site, but to challenge him to give a reasonable excuse for doing so that will not lead to a Columbine bias.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 04:27 PM   #7
Neurosis

It's not a Columbine bias he reasons his beliefs about Goth.

He claimed to be Wiccan in the past and said that Goth is the first step into Satanism, by his experience in the Wiccan culture.

Now we are Christians, but I do not see any reason as to where he would conjure up (to me) an excuse like that. He's also a very skeptical man and will argue in a debate to defend himself. He says the word Goth as if it were a blasphemous, curse word.

I keep all about me being a part of this culture to myself.

--Neurosis
Old 09-29-2006, 04:33 PM   #8
Godslayer Jillian

Well, I must congratulate you in that you can speak well of your own father and can have the decency to not shout your "gothiness" to your parents if you know they won't like it.
It shows you're not just another Spooky Kid. I like that.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 04:44 PM   #9
Neurosis

You're welcome. It helps not getting into trouble, and I love my father. He's the one that has supported me and cared for me. I'm just afraid when they do find out...

--Neurosis
Old 09-29-2006, 05:22 PM   #10
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Welcome Neurosis. I really like your VNV Nation avatar.

Being a father, allow me to share having my daughter explore being a Goth:

I wish she actually was still Goth-like (she still keeps her hair black), but she has "moved on" to explore other things now, like getting married. LOL

I allowed her to explore Goth lifestyle when she was in high school. She lived it for a while, then after graduation, morphed into other stuff.

Anyway, what I am trying to say is: I let her explore, without harrassment, and she checked it out then moved on. Kind of the "set it free and see if it comes back to you" approach. I did not intend for her to leave it (I like it), but she did.

Soooo...maybe you could drop hints to Dad that holding tight is a sure way to encourage a behavior, and not making a big deal out of it may work to his advantage (meanwhile we snicker and chuckle with evil grins, knowing it's FOREVER! MWUHAHAHAHAHA!).

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 06:03 PM   #11
dark_dragon_of_ice

Well first of all welcome!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurosis
It's not a Columbine bias he reasons his beliefs about Goth.

He claimed to be Wiccan in the past and said that Goth is the first step into Satanism, by his experience in the Wiccan culture.

--Neurosis
If he was at all a real wiccan then he would know the satanism has nothing to do with the wicca religion.
dark_dragon_of_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 08:30 PM   #12
Darkbender423

It's too bad about your dad. I have four kids ranging in age from 17 to 5 and I try to let them discover life for themselves. Unfortunately for me 2 of them listen to a lot of rap and hip hop, but I tolerate. I think most parents today are unduly influenced by what they do not understand about the lifestyle. Most hope it is a phase that their kids will outgrow. A lot of kids do. Some, like me, grow up and remain faithful to it and in fact try to work to improve the image that is often placed upon us. For him to say it is a step toward Satanism that is absurd especially for a Wiccan to say. Granted there are many of us who are Satanist, but there are many who are other religions as well. Don't let it get you down, if this is truly the person that you are he will eventually accept it, you just have to be true to yourself!
Darkbender423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 03:16 AM   #13
Neurosis

I understand that Wiccan has nothing to do with Satanism, it's his beliefs, not mine.

It will be very hard, but I want to show to him that we are all people who have been misunderstood. I now have to wear a hat to church because I dyed my bangs red. >_<

And thank you fathers for your advice. It's not easy to adopt advice to another person, but I'll try and thank you anyway!

--Neurosis
Old 10-01-2006, 02:22 AM   #14
poesraven333

Like some of the parents on board I truly believe in letting our kids self express. I'm lucky that my son(just turned 13)loves the same tunes as me.
We discuss all kinds of lifestyles etc and I homeschool and have exposed him to a a lot of different world religions. I want to guide him, but in the end, I want him to make his own choices as he moves out in the world.
Keep talking to your dad and maybe he will begin to see your POV. If not-retain who you are at all costs.
HumanePain-I love your attitude that you adopted with your daughter.
I, as a parent just realized I am a hypocrite. I'm allowing Seannie to get a lip piercing but he wants a tattie. No way. I can't justify allowing a 13 yr old to get one. I personally love sleeves, but its permanent and I can't say yes until he's 16. I so suck......
Parents make a lot of mistakes in the name of love..........
Good luck to you!
poesraven333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 08:42 AM   #15
DarkHeartedDemoness

May I ask what forum it was that he blocked? Because if it was VampireFreaks, I don't blame him.
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 05:19 PM   #16
Neurosis

The forum he blocked was Goth.net.

I wouldn't blame him also if he blocked Vampire Freaks. I'm definitely not a big fan of that website.

Poesraven, my father says that children do not come with an instructor's manual. I understand unallowing your son to have a tattoo. I wouldn't give my children a tattoo, but a piercing isn't permanent as a tattoo. You don't want your child to regret having a tattoo that he wouldn't want later in life.

I come from a strict, religious household, from which I have been noticing, many Goths come from a household like this one.

--Neurosis