Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 08-19-2009, 08:11 AM   #26
prophecyofdoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-nihilist
Get a job.
Yeah, thanks for making me feel like a hysterical crackpot. I'm not, I have a job, and a very full life. Did you look at that web site? It didn't give you a bad feeling?

Help us to be the always hopeful
Gardeners of the spirit
Who know that without darkness
Nothing comes to birth
As without light
Nothing flowers
-May Sarton
prophecyofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 08:12 AM   #27
vindicatedxjin

Sufis...is an inner mystical dimension of Islam...I understand what it is..But I do not see how one can be "GOTH" while practicing the law of islam...as it has to do with completely cleansing yourself of ALL things wordly and ungodly.

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 08:19 AM   #28
prophecyofdoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicatedxjin

Monti are you russian? And be honest are you muslim???
He said they are in Russia. The web site is largely not in English. Muslim does not equal terrorist. I know Muslim people who are good people. Terrorists pervert religion to make people do terrible things. That whole web site struck me as fishing for converts to a CAUSE, and not, as they said, a gothic society. They sneak in the -religion? -brainwashing? and try to convert you without you realizing what is going on. This scares me.

Gardeners of the spirit
Nothing comes to birth
As without light
Nothing flowers
-May Sarton
Old 08-19-2009, 08:19 AM   #29
the-nihilist

Quote:
Originally Posted by prophecyofdoom View Post
Yeah, thanks for making me feel like a hysterical crackpot. I'm not, I have a job, and a very full life. Did you look at that web site? It didn't give you a bad feeling?
I was responding to the OP.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:21 AM   #30
vindicatedxjin

Quote:
Originally Posted by prophecyofdoom View Post
He said they are in Russia. The web site is largely not in English. Muslim does not equal terrorist. I know Muslim people who are good people. That whole web site struck me as fishing for converts to a CAUSE, and not, as they said, a gothic society. They sneak in the -religion? -brainwashing? and try to convert you without you realizing what is going on. This scares me.

I'm starting to agree with you... he said they are sufi....sufi is Islam.

Bring Kontan Back
Old 08-19-2009, 08:31 AM   #31
prophecyofdoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by monti
We are always saying - dont harm anyone starting from yourself.
The bad guys - are our enemies. And we are the green peace.
So the real goths are must be smart and truthful to stop evil throght love!
What im saying is that goths of russia are want to teach the aesthetic and ethiquet and moral that people must be cultural and domestic!
Why you understand the whole thing in the reverse?!
Are you blondie??!
That's the post he deleted, that was right before I said "I'm smart enough to relalize when I'm trying to be converted". Suggesting I only thought I saw something amiss because I was a dumb blonde. How's that higher spirtual path in life working out for you, monti?

Gardeners of the spirit
Nothing comes to birth
As without light
Nothing flowers
-May Sarton
Old 08-19-2009, 08:36 AM   #32
prophecyofdoom

Quote:
I was responding to the OP.
Oh, sorry. Suppose I was afraid I WAS responding like a hysterical crackpot. I wanted other people to see this and see what their reaction was so I could have a better idea if there was really something to worry about going on.

Gardeners of the spirit
Nothing comes to birth
As without light
Nothing flowers
-May Sarton
Old 08-19-2009, 08:37 AM   #33
the-nihilist

Hold on a second, let's not jump to conclusions here. He said "blondie" not "blonde"; it could be that he thinks you resemble the singer for a 70's pop band.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:37 AM   #34
vindicatedxjin

:/ hmm.....

Bring Kontan Back
Old 08-19-2009, 08:40 AM   #35
prophecyofdoom

Islam and goth are NOT compatible or combine-able. This HAS to be a terrorist cult fishing site. Or maybe it's just a religious fishing site. Fuckfuckfuckfuck. Should we do something?

Gardeners of the spirit
Nothing comes to birth
As without light
Nothing flowers
-May Sarton
Old 08-19-2009, 08:47 AM   #36
vindicatedxjin

No need to freak out....I honestly feel it is a religious fishing site...but us ignorantly bashing it will do no good. The best thing to do I feel is to just hear what he has to say...and obviously we disagree. So thats that. I mean there are christian fishing sites, mormon fishing sites, it's not just islam its every religion. Which is something that I really don't agree with as a whole.

Bring Kontan Back
Old 08-19-2009, 08:49 AM   #37
prophecyofdoom

Quote:
Hold on a second, let's not jump to conclusions here. He said "blondie" not "blonde"; it could be that he thinks you resemble the singer for a 70's pop band..
*chuckle*

But still I'm seriously wondering if this guy could be in on some kind of plot to blow up the world, and looking for people to join up. That's what it sounds like he's saying to me- "c'mon, let's blow everything up, and rebuild the world!! It'll be like The Matrix, with you as Keanu Reeves!! All the ELITE goths are blowing up the world, do you want to be part of our exclusive, supercool clique, and blow up the world too??"

???

Gardeners of the spirit
Nothing comes to birth
As without light
Nothing flowers
-May Sarton
Old 08-19-2009, 08:59 AM   #38
prophecyofdoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicatedxjin
No need to freak out....I honestly feel it is a religious fishing site...but us ignorantly bashing it will do no good. The best thing to do I feel is to just hear what he has to say...and obviously we disagree. So thats that. I mean there are christian fishing sites, mormon fishing sites, it's not just islam its every religion. Which is something that I really don't agree with as a whole.
But he's not just talking about his religion, he's talking about 5 billion people dying, how we need to destroy the people who benefit most from the wealth of the world(as in, the entire popluation of the USA, from his viewpoint??) to have an equal society, and mentions popular movies to glamourize his cause. Also, Jesus freaks are pretty upfront about their intentions to tell you how much Jesus loves you, they don't dress up as goths and try to manipulate you into it. There are actual Christian goths, has anyone ever met an Islamic Goth?? Is such a thing even possible??

Gardeners of the spirit
Nothing comes to birth
As without light
Nothing flowers
-May Sarton
Old 08-19-2009, 09:01 AM   #39
vindicatedxjin

Well true..I've never met one. Because the essence of what "goth" is doesn't fit AT ALL with the attributes of Islam whatsoever.

Bring Kontan Back
Old 08-19-2009, 09:03 AM   #40
korinna5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicatedxjin View Post
Because the essence of what "goth" is doesn't fit AT ALL with the attributes of Islam whatsoever.
Reeeaalllllllyyy.. and what "essence" would that be?

I've met an Islamic woman who liked Goth rock.
korinna5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:06 AM   #41
vindicatedxjin

The rebellion aspect, goth girls like to dress sexyish or at least risque at times, anti conformity, sex equality, most true goths are atheist...how does that fit with Islam and the complete cleansing of all things of the world and only living your life for Allah?

Bring Kontan Back
Old 08-19-2009, 09:08 AM   #42
vindicatedxjin

Quote:
Originally Posted by korinna5555 View Post

I've met an Islamic woman who liked Goth rock.

Oh I've met muslims too that like goth rock...but no way on earth would they EVER subjugate to the true "goth" lifestyle...or for that matter any other lifestyle PERIOD.

Bring Kontan Back
Old 08-19-2009, 09:13 AM   #43
korinna5555

Quote:
The rebellion aspect, anti conformity
I'd say that's more in line with a "punk lifestyle".

Quote:
goth girls like to dress sexyish or at least risque at times,
Riiiight.

Quote:
sex equality,
Anyone with half a brain.. (but then again, look who I'm talking to)

Quote:
most true goths are atheist
Again.. realllllly..

Quote:
...how does that fit with Islam and the complete cleansing of all things of the world and only living your life for Allah?
You really ARE fucking retarded..

Quote:
Oh I've met muslims too that like goth rock...but no way on earth would they EVER subjugate to the true "goth" lifestyle...or for that matter any other lifestyle PERIOD.
I've met plenty of Christians like that.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:25 AM   #44
prophecyofdoom

The muslims I know have never heard of goth rock, and would not go to any place where alcohol is served, and shy away from anything dark. I'm not really knowledgable about their practices and lifestyle, but I got the feeling it was rather strict. I'm basing my entire opinion on just one family. That's why I said I don't really know, but the site seems unbelievable to me as being what it claims to be, it seems like what I'd expect a terrorist fishing site to be, but what the hell do I know?? I know I really, really, have to leave for work now, I wish I could stay and see what everyone else thinks. I'd feel a lot better if everyone else seemed to think it was harmless. But then again, what does everyone else know? *sigh* If, in the time while I am at work, these people convert so much as one directionless lost soul aching for acceptance, into some sort of cult, I'm going to feel very, very guilty for turning away instead of alerting the appropriate authorities. "Buy a path finder??"(a link from the site) What?? That sure sounds cult-ish to me.

Gardeners of the spirit
Nothing comes to birth
As without light
Nothing flowers
-May Sarton
Old 08-19-2009, 09:30 AM   #45
vindicatedxjin

Listen Korinna, Goths, Emos, Punks, Scenekids, Indie heads, etc. etc. Do NOT fit in with what Islam stands for. All of those stereotypes/lifestyles are all very much influenced by rebellion and segregation of organized religion. Yes you could be christian and call yourself a goth...but most denominations in the Christian realm are significantly more lenient than Islam. Christians stand on their faith but most don't live by it as hardcore as Muslims do. Muslims live and breath by what they stand on...which is Allah and the quoran. This is why they hate Americans so much because we are a people who cannot be as hardcore as them....and its the plain truth....they DESPISE christianity due to the fact that they believe Jesus was a false prophet. And don't play stupid with me as far as what "goth" really is. I'm not myself "gothic" but I know enough to say that the goth girls I do know... love being sexy which some would call slutty...and are faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from what an Islamic woman should be. Read up on Sufi...before you start accusing me of not knowing what I'm talking about.

Bring Kontan Back
Old 08-19-2009, 09:33 AM   #46
korinna5555

Quote:
Listen Korinna, Goths, Emos, Punks, Scenekids, Indie heads, etc. etc. Do NOT fit in with what Islam stands for. All of those stereotypes/lifestyles are all very much influenced by rebellion and segregation of organized religion. Yes you could be christian and call yourself a goth...but most denominations in the Christian realm are significantly more lenient than Islam. Christians stand on their faith but most don't live by it as hardcore as Muslims do. Muslims live and breath by what they stand on...which is Allah and the quoran. This is why they hate Americans so much because we are a people who cannot be as hardcore as them....and its the plain truth....they DESPISE christianity due to the fact that they believe Jesus was a false prophet. And don't play stupid with me as far as what "goth" really is. I'm not myself "gothic" but I know enough to say that the goth girls I do know... love being sexy which some would call slutty...and are faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from what an Islamic woman should be. Read up on Sufi...before you start accusing me of not knowing what I'm talking about.
Oh.. my.. gods. Just when I thought you couldn't possibly become any more stupid. *facepalm*
Old 08-19-2009, 09:37 AM   #47
vindicatedxjin

Can you not comeback with an accurate response that pertains to the subject that were speaking about? The only things you have to say are..."omg! your so stupid", or "your so retarded" or "look who I'm talking to" "my muslim friend listens to rock music" Come on...Say something that's USEFUL to the SUBJECT that were TALKING ABOUT. Instead of making yourself look like an ass by only insulting someone who isn't even wanting to talk to you in the first place.

Bring Kontan Back
Old 08-19-2009, 09:44 AM   #48
Terminus

Quote:
This is why they hate Americans so much because we are a people who cannot be as hardcore as them....and its the plain truth....they DESPISE christianity due to the fact that they believe Jesus was a false prophet.
Yeah, because no Muslim is mad at the United States for it's interventionism in the Middle East (like the Iran-Contra affair). It's all because we're not as "hardcore".

They don't believe Jesus was a false prophet. They believe Jesus was a prophet whose teachings were later on distorted. Remember that Isa's (Jesus in Islam) teaching have Shari'a status, meaning his teachings are divine law.
Terminus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:46 AM   #49
vindicatedxjin

Then how come a muslim that I met at school TOLD me with her own mouth that they believed he was a false prophet?

And yes their hatred has alot to do with the interventionism...but come on... that can't be all.

Bring Kontan Back
Old 08-19-2009, 09:53 AM   #50
Terminus

Quote:
Then how come a muslim that I met at school TOLD me with her own mouth that they believed he was a false prophet?

And yes their hatred has alot to do with the interventionism...but come on... that can't be all.
It's not all, but it makes up the lion's share, in my opinion. For example, m of Osama Bin Laden's hatred for the United States was caused by American military presence in Saudi Arabia, combined with American intervention on behalf of Kuwait during the Gulf War.

I'm not sure why she told you she thought Jesus was a false prophet, but you'd do good to research the concept of "Injil", which is the New Testament in Islam. It'd also do you good to look up the Qu'ran verses which have Isa in them, especially Qu'ran 61:6 which make specific references to Jesus and the Virgin Mary, and how he was an apostle of Allah.
Terminus is offline   Reply With Quote