Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 03-16-2006, 10:34 PM   #151
WolfMoon

They are 2.5 yrs and 11 months. I should be able to post a couple of pics in a week or so.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 09:48 PM   #152
WolfMoon

D00d, d0n7 fr33k m3 0wt l1k3 t4ht!!11!
Old 03-23-2006, 09:58 PM   #153
edible_eye

geisha - when that day comes, you'll no doubt be a wonderful mother.

wolfmoon - you already are a wonderful mother. ... and a milf.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:27 PM   #154
Ben Lahnger

Wolfmoon - I second E_E's opinion ... you are a MILF!

Geisha, when the day comes, I'll buy your new bundle of joy some fire retardant diapers!

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 01:37 AM   #155
Sanctus Dei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
I always giggle when I see the word "retardent".

Am I immature?
In a word... yes.

That's why we love you.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 03:02 AM   #156
dbloke

Talking hummmm.....

Quote:
Am I immature?
Who isnt immature?

I'd sooner be immature than mature - life is too short to be serious

My baby son now is 1 yrs old, hes been walking for at least 2 months and is signing. He's learning how to say yes and no, me etc

Hes trying to get us involved in whatever he's doing by coming up to us. If he wants one of us to feed him, he comes with his bottle and shoves it in our hands. The wee lad is bossy LOL
dbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 01:16 PM   #157
dbloke

I'm great ta

I've been busy with the family, my studies and life in general. I'm still looking for work, but aint going to get depressed about it - just going to enjoy life and take whatever opportunities that come my way

How about yourself?
Old 03-31-2006, 11:36 PM   #158
JuliaGaltic

Hello all!

Wolfmoon, I have no doubt you are a wonderful mother and I hope you do post some pictures of your angels soon!

I'm sorry I haven't been around for the last week or so, I haven't forgotten my Gnet family

I have been experiencing some extreme discomfort and haven't even been near my computer.

I have some very happy news however:

I'M PREGNANT!!!

My lovely boyfriend and I are elated and anxiously awaiting the newest addition to our family. I'm guessing I'm about 7 weeks along.

I'm very happy that I'm able to be an actual participant to this wonderful thread.

I should be around more often now that the worst of the morning sickness seems to be over.

Now just to wipe this permagrin off of my face...
Old 03-31-2006, 11:40 PM   #159
Queenofdarkness57

Julia that's WONEDERFUL! Congratulationnnnnns! Wohhoo Julia's having a baby. That's great news. I want to be your baby's sister. Ok? Hehe. We missed you here, don't ever go away! *smooch*
Old 04-01-2006, 12:00 AM   #160
succubus,queenofvampires

Wow, Julia! That's great to hear!! Congratulations on the baby!!
succubus,queenofvampires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 12:10 AM   #161
TwistedKitsune

Congratulations Julia!!!

People are announcing all sorts of pregnacies lately, this is the third one I've found out about today alone...spring is just interesting like that, now in't?

pssst, Morrigan, tokidoki shashin wa ii...
TwistedKitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 12:27 AM   #162
dbloke

Wow! Congratulations with your news!

Wish you all the best Julia
Old 04-01-2006, 12:36 AM   #163
Sanctus Dei

Oh my god!! Congratulations love!! We will wait anxiously for the birth too!! You better post pictures!
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 10:53 AM   #164
JuliaGaltic

Xng, you nailed it. This does mean the world to me and to my parents too. First grandchild all around so they're all going nuts.

Sanctus, I will absolutely post pictures and be sure to keep you guys updated.

Twisted, yeah no shit about the pregnancies. My landlady told me she was pregnant 2 days before I found out I was. You know what's interesting though? All of these conceptions (at least the ones I've heard of and my own) happened right around V-Day... hehe.

Wow, and thank you all for the warm wishes and congratulations. You made me smile
Old 04-01-2006, 11:25 AM   #165
WolfMoon

Julia, CONGRATULATIONS LOVE!!!

That is awesome news. I hope you have better luck with morning sickness than I did. Geez, every time I brushed my teeth it made me gag. And I had sickness/nausea most of the way through both of my prenancies. I hope yours goes away soon!

I had a permagrin during both!

Remember to drink plenty of water and it's a good idea to start rubbing some kind of lotion/cream on your belly, thighs and chest now. The water will keep your skin hydrated so that it's more elastic and *hopefully* won't end up in stretch marks. Also, avoid over-eating. I know, it's hard when you're preggers, but your Dr should be able to advise you on what and how you should eat to maintain a healthy weight. If you don't already take yoga or do some moderate/light excercise, it can't hurt to start. It's easier to 'pop' back into shape if you're in shape to begin with. But breast-feeding is also an excellent way to shed weight after the fact!

Other than all that, I hope you feel great! Being a mom is a very challenging experience.But one that I'm sure you're up to!

..All I ever wanted or ever needed is here in my arms..
Old 04-04-2006, 03:17 AM   #166
Blushing Heliophobe

I know it's belated, but awww, congrats, Julia! Isn't it amazing? Wait until you get those kicks...unlike anything you've ever experienced.

You better post some belly pics so I'm not the only swollen tummy on this thread!
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 10:05 AM   #167
lena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushing Heliophobe

One question to the goth mums and dads - are you ever treated *differently* by other parents because of, say, tattooos/dress/appearance? Do your kids notice? If so, how do you handle it?
wow, this was one of the things I was hoping to see discussed here. My daughter is 5 and makes friends easily, she is upbeat, chipper, let just say i would be suprised if she doesnt end up being a cheer leader. Problem is, her friends parents are creeped out by me or something. So she would never get to go to birthday parties, none of the invited guests would show up for her birthday parties, etc. I tried to be nice, and smile alot but they still wanted nothing to do with me until I toned down the make up and clothes, to the point of no make up, naturally pale skin, and a black t-shirts and jeans. So I had to change to get the acceptance of the other parents, so my daughter could have friends, not thrilled with it, but there it is.
Old 04-10-2006, 10:56 AM   #168
Queenofdarkness57

Quote:
Originally Posted by lena
wow, this was one of the things I was hoping to see discussed here. My daughter is 5 and makes friends easily, she is upbeat, chipper, let just say i would be suprised if she doesnt end up being a cheer leader. Problem is, her friends parents are creeped out by me or something. So she would never get to go to birthday parties, none of the invited guests would show up for her birthday parties, etc. I tried to be nice, and smile alot but they still wanted nothing to do with me until I toned down the make up and clothes, to the point of no make up, naturally pale skin, and a black t-shirts and jeans. So I had to change to get the acceptance of the other parents, so my daughter could have friends, not thrilled with it, but there it is.
Wow, that's really harsh. After you changed the way you look, did the parents accept you instantly or did they remain on treating you in the same way?
Old 04-10-2006, 11:08 AM   #169
lena

queen, they changed thier attitude towards me to the extent that there kids can play at my house now, and mine at theirs. It wasnt instantanious but within a week or so several of the parents started asking if Caitlyn (my daughter) could come over to play and such. I wouldnt call any of them friends, but they have accepted me enough that my daughter has friends, and that was all I was going for anyway.
Old 04-10-2006, 11:33 AM   #170
succubus,queenofvampires

Quote:
I love that you named your girl Lilith, too, Wolfie. It's in consideration for my own daughter, when I eventually have her.

No, I'm not pregnant. But I will be, someday in the distant future.
I was having the exact talk with my friend last week about how I would like to name my daughter, if I ever have one, Lilith.
Old 04-10-2006, 11:39 AM   #171
succubus,queenofvampires

Quote:
Babies cry, succubus. And if you can't deal with that, you probably shouldn't have children.

Yeah, I know.I'm probably irritated by this now since I'm young.But I'll get over it when I grow up.
Old 04-10-2006, 11:40 PM   #172
lena

Quote:
It's a silly sacrifice to make, but probably a necessary one... I'm sorry that you and your daughter had to deal with their judgements, but most people are pretty shallow.
It is extremely shallow and silly, its one of those things i will do for my kids if I have to. I am thinking now that they are comfortable with me of easing my way back to the way i like to look....And see if maybe they can still see me as just another parent. Because i really hate the idea of conforming, even though its for my kids. So maybe you can cross your fingers for me.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:27 AM   #173
lena

that is a very good point Xnguela. I had never thought of it that way. I still want to wear my favorite clothes though. Exsqueeze me for being a bit of a material girl. But if my attempts get my kids austracized (sp?) again, well then, I will remember what you said.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:35 AM   #174
WolfMoon

Lena, that's a pretty shitty thing to have to deal with. I'd say it's okay to start easing your way into dressing how you feel comfortable, now that your daughter has friends. If the parents can't see that you're just another person, that's really their problem.

I'm almost positive that you don't freak out the kids in any way. Maybe now that the parents have seen that you're not some 'weirdo' they'll be more comfortable having their kids around yours, regardless.

Maybe we should tell other parents that we're not comfortable with their pastel colored clothing and they can't dress like soccer moms cuz it's weird and offends our fragile sensibilities. We don't want our precious babies associating with the likes of them trouble makers!

On another note: My baby boi is a year olde as of March 30th! He's become a lil more independent. Instead of being fine with me or Papa giving him food, he insists on picking it up himself and popping it into his own lil mouth. If we try to feed him something, he turns his head away and refuses to eat.

He's also standing! Almost into the walking stage. He takes a couple of steps once in a while, but can't manage to stay up yet. AND he's cutting, like, four freakin' teeth and looooooves to bite!

BTW Lena, totally diggin' the avatar!

Last edited by WolfMoon; 04-11-2006 at 08:40 AM.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:51 AM   #175
lena

Wolfmoon, I like the idea of telling them I dont like thier pastel wardrobes. I just may need to use that. Thanks for the avi compliment, If you use paint shop pro, I can tell you where to get the fairy and some just like her.

Congrats on the baby learning to walk, better go buy stock in baby gates. Your gonna need them!!!