Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 09-20-2005, 01:21 AM   #1
bitter_beauty

slipknot, murderdolls and 13

:grin: well we all know just how good slipknot are ( if you dont like them and are reading this i suggest you take your leave NOW)
anyhoo, they are good corey is sexy as is joey how do people feel about slipnot and the above

which is your fave song of the above bands?!?

and, who else thinks joey is cute
bitter_beauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 11:07 AM   #2
goth_xx

i listen to slipknot but i dont ever get tha names...sorry and their all cute.....
goth_xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 11:34 AM   #3
Empty_Purple_Stars

------------------------------------------------
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 08:12 PM   #4
Black Gestalt

Murderdolls are kinda cool.

I dislike slipknot. Alot.
Black Gestalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 10:18 PM   #5
winged_dreams

Slipknot is meh.

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 12:54 AM   #6
Demonista_Ravenesque

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitter_beauty
:grin: well we all know just how good slipknot are ( if you dont like them and are reading this i suggest you take your leave NOW)
anyhoo, they are good corey is sexy as is joey how do people feel about slipnot and the above

which is your fave song of the above bands?!?

and, who else thinks joey is cute
Ok, I'm just going to ignore your advice just a little bit....But in my opinion, all of them are very repetitive and cheesy...and overrated.....
At one stage, sadly, I admit to liking Slipknot's Album *Iowa* but after listening to all the songs, I realised that all of them (both the songs and members) are pretty much the same thing. Murderdolls is just really confused. It's a punk band but they've tried to go for a *black metal* look, don't even get me started on Wednesday 13. Just a reminder to everyone, especially teens, the bands mentioned above are NOT Goth bands, and never should have anything to do with the gothic subculture. Ok, I'm off....

Hier sind doch irgendwo kinder versteckt
Demonista_Ravenesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 04:27 AM   #7
bitter_beauty

i never said they were got h i just like them you are totally entitled to your own opinions but i kindly asked people to leave if they did nt like them go to the whining section and slate them ok? thankyou

much obliged
bitter_beauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 12:55 AM   #8
Demonista_Ravenesque

Well, you just said to leave, but you never did mention the whining section. I didn't whine about them doll, Just stated my opinions and I did warn you, and I did so, I ignored your advice But anyway, they are respectable but damn repetitive after listening to all their albums...their latest one, The Subliminal Verses was an incredibly bland album, and sounds like a cheesy homage to their past albums. But hey, if you did like SlipKnoT, I'd recommend Slayer, that's what influenced them musically.

Old 09-27-2005, 05:33 AM   #9
thetiesonyourcorset

i love Slipknot and Murderdolls...at the moment i can't think of the names of the songs i like except white wedding by Murderdolls!!
thetiesonyourcorset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 08:56 AM   #10
HiGH_PRiSTESS

i think Murderdolls is the best
HiGH_PRiSTESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 04:55 PM   #11
polished_wolf_claws

+SlipKnot is entertaining to say the least...
I've seen their stage show, it's, well, above average at best.
Costumes are interesting. Sloppy, but interesting.
Their lyrics are lost on me... I don't find any exceptionally ground breaking meanings behind it... It's all cookie cutter death metal "Fuck you, fuck me, fuck my dog, then switch partners" sorta thing.... they have the occasional lyric that makes me giggle *Note I'm not the best quote of it* "why don't you do us all a favor -- and connect your throat to the nearest razor"

+MurderDolls: You take four members out of slipknot, take off the masks, and shave their eyebrows off.
I knew a girl who was obsessed with that band... so much that she carved all of the bands signatures (Not just names... she looked in a magazine and did it from there) into her arms and chest.

+Wednesday 13: ???? I really don't feel like rephrasing this stuff.

+Overall+
Slipknot was good.... but the rest is just like inbreeding an OK thing

"Teh Lordz Satan Protektz me frm ebil in mah PANTS!!!!!11111"
polished_wolf_claws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 07:26 AM   #12
Noire

Slipknot? I admit to liking ONE of their songs but they really get on my nerves. Murderdolls and Wed 13 are oki. I like Wed 13 and Murderdolls because the lyrics are a laugh and I like the way they dont take themselves so seriously. Ive heard people saying they are "gothic". Which is a load of bull. It pisses me of the most when people say that. Yes, they are overrated but I like listening to them once in a while.
Oki?
Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 11:05 AM   #13
Disfunction

I find it funny that you opened this topic with

Quote:
:grin: well we all know just how good slipknot are
Followed up with

Quote:
if you dont like them and are reading this i suggest you take your leave NOW
So which is it? We all know how good they are and there are those of us who are so insanely jealous of the endless genius frothing from their minds, or is it possible that Slipknot is a band based purely on the concept of shock and stereotype?

Slipknot is the to metal what Marilyn Manson is to rock, but Manson happens to do it better, as he's artistically inclined. Slipknot is more into the "fuck, sucks, shit, cock" kind of shock, which is depthless and stagnant. When they attempted to break into a newer lyrical style with their latest album, they failed to really overcome the reputation that had preceded them, and on top of that, the lyrics were something to be expected of a first album as opposed to their fourth album. Honestly.

There are much better metal bands out there, many of them still unsigned, and many more still that exhibit superior quality with just over or under half the members. If you're going to praise a band, make sure that you have been exposed to more than just the mainstream (and believe me Slipknot, The Murderdolls and Wednesday 13 are ALL mainstream).

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 03:55 PM   #14
Tall One In Black

Who the hell is joey?
Old 10-22-2005, 05:28 PM   #15
polished_wolf_claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall One In Black
Who the hell is joey?
He's the Really Short *and apparently Pretty* one in the back :P

"Teh Lordz Satan Protektz me frm ebil in mah PANTS!!!!!11111"
polished_wolf_claws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 05:32 PM   #16
Disfunction

Quote:
Who the hell is joey?
Slipknot's drummer.
In the Murderdolls, I believe he's the guitarist.

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 07:27 PM   #17
Demonista_Ravenesque

Quote:
Who the hell is joey?
A toddler in a halloween mask banging on upturned garbage tins.

Old 10-24-2005, 11:37 AM   #18
NightwishCobain

i love em all SLipknot, Murderdolls, Wednesday 13 (i am guessing thats who you mean by 13 if not oh well i love him anyway)
NightwishCobain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 05:26 PM   #19
SicGoth

I like all three bands and I like all there songs. I am Bi and yes' Joey is hot.
SicGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 08:15 PM   #20
thetiesonyourcorset

Bisexuals ROCK! hehe!

does anyone know who originally sings "White Wedding"? i can't remember...my brother thinks it was Billy Idol, just wanna make sure! i think he's right!
Old 11-02-2005, 03:20 AM   #21
NightwishCobain

yeah i think it was him too my older brother has the original and he was singing it and i was like "YOu have Murderdolls on your Ipod? Has the world gone frickin mad!?" and he was like "No I do not, i have the original version" in his Father Tes voice
NightwishCobain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 02:50 AM   #22
thetiesonyourcorset

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightwishCobain
yeah i think it was him too my older brother has the original and he was singing it and i was like "YOu have Murderdolls on your Ipod? Has the world gone frickin mad!?" and he was like "No I do not, i have the original version" in his Father Tes voice
HAHAHaHAhAHa that's funny! yeah i think it definately was Billy Idol...think i'm gonna download the original when i get home!!
Old 11-17-2005, 03:50 AM   #23
Demonista_Ravenesque

Quote:
Originally Posted by unconscious_insanity
Personally, i LOVE slipknot, but i dont like murderdolls too much. havent heard much of Wednesday 13. And by the way Demonista, Slipknot is NOT EVEN punk! wherever you got that idea...get a new one! do you even know what punk music is? have you heard either punk or slipknot? how can you even compare the two?? funny...anyway, they arent goth, they arent punk, they are nu-metal...another stupid ohrase for metal that isnt this or isnt that....i think it sounds original and great. it's not just the music, it's the lyrics. i dont really think they are attractive...at all. but joey and corey are my favorites! ya know, joey said he would rather play guitar than drums any day? i would kill to see a concert.
What the fuck? I didn't say Slipknot were punk, I said The Murderdolls were.

Either way, in my opinion, I don't like any of the bands, especially Slipknot, after seeing them live. They didn't really play their instruments, they were more interested in fucking around with the crowd, dancing and shocking people. I went there to see the talent, fuckdammit, and all I saw were a bunch of morons dancing on stage.

Slipknot's music is old...it's just repeated angst. But then again, that's my opinion, as if it fuckin' matters anyway, I mean, you didn't even take the time to read what I said correctly.

If you think I'm a dumbfuck and I don't know the difference between punk and goth, pop rock and glam rock, metal and rap, someone's dick and someone's thumb, Obviously...that's your opinion, and stick to it, as I have stuck to mine. I listen to whatever music tickles my fancy (Possibly rap music at the top). Keep your damn ideas, and call me a dumbass for classifying Murderdolls as Punk (Believe me, they ARE punk) But right now, I have a fuckin' essay to finish.

What the hell has Gothic.net become?

Old 11-17-2005, 05:21 AM   #24
thetiesonyourcorset

it's full of crazy mad people lmao only kidding!!
Old 11-17-2005, 10:04 PM   #25
Demonista_Ravenesque

Quote:
Originally Posted by unconcious_insanity
god damn, why are people here so touchy!
We are touchy because we are going through our Gothic Monthlies...god! Do you people have NO consideration whatsoever?

How would you like it if all of a sudden bats just flew out of your fuckin' anus?

Huh? HUH?!?! Think about it...