Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 04-06-2008, 05:06 AM   #51
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice
To be fair, it is still illegal for said 18 year old to be doing the things he wants to do with her.
Also, I am always at a loss as to why anybody of age would be attracted to a 14-15 year old anyway, but that's just me.
Actually;

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
Plus, it's even legal.

If a person is under the age of consent, such as your girlfriend, and she wants to have sex with someone over the age of consent, such as this dapper pseudo-paedophile, if there's less than a four year gap between them, it's legal.

So, pwnt.
Next, please.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 05:07 AM   #52
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
Oh yeah, Meta--it's pedoPHile.

HAHAHAHA.
I was thinking that the whole way through this thread. Like the X-Files with copious amounts of nude children.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:10 AM   #53
Xombie

JCC, it depends on where you are. In the states, each one has a different set of age of consent laws. For instance, in Pennsylvania the younger person can be thirteen if the elder is four years or less older, and sixteen is good to go. In Florida, however, it's a big slew of bullshit about being 24 and 18 and blah blah blah; I don't want to try to explain.
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 09:13 AM   #54
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Here in Wisconsin they are a bit stricter about what makes somone a sexual offender. For example one situation my 8th grade gym teacher made my class aware of was when his son (it might not of been his son it might of just been a student memory is a bit fuzzy about that part) was caught in the act with a girl of the same age but both of them were under the Wisconsin age of consent of 18. The police were called, his son was arrested, tried, and catagorized as a sexual offender. The moral of the story is Wisconsin sexual misconduct laws are stupid, the boy's life is ruined, and that if you want to have sex where anyone is below the age of 18 make sure you don't get caught at least in Wisconsin. Fortunately parents don't often call the police around here because they've heard the stories too and most of them think it's crazy, but even then you gotta be careful here since there is the off chance you might encounter one of those crazy parents. THE MIDWEST SUCKS!

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 09:15 AM   #55
Renatus

Oh and Xombie welcome to the Andrew Eldritch club.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 04-06-2008, 09:44 AM   #56
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xombie
JCC, it depends on where you are. In the states, each one has a different set of age of consent laws. For instance, in Pennsylvania the younger person can be thirteen if the elder is four years or less older, and sixteen is good to go. In Florida, however, it's a big slew of bullshit about being 24 and 18 and blah blah blah; I don't want to try to explain.
Yeah, but Metabolik's a UK-ite like me.

To be honest, I think that it's a pretty good system.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:03 AM   #57
Stormtrooper of Death

Renatus, Minnesota is the same I believe. I'm not to sure though, but the point is, the midwest does suck.
Old 04-06-2008, 11:42 AM   #58
Dark Clarissa

Not legal in the UK. If one party (male or female) is under 16 and the other party is over 16, the law states that the under 16 year old is not legally able to give their consent. Therefore the over 16 year old is guilty of "statutory r.ape". There may only be a small age difference, it doesn't matter - that's the law in the UK.
Dark Clarissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 12:17 PM   #59
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Clarissa
Not legal in the UK. If one party (male or female) is under 16 and the other party is over 16, the law states that the under 16 year old is not legally able to give their consent. Therefore the over 16 year old is guilty of "statutory r.ape". There may only be a small age difference, it doesn't matter - that's the law in the UK.
No it isn't because my friend is taking a course in sexual health and is a sexual health peer mentor. If under thirteen, it is reportable no matter what the circumstances. Over 13 but under 16, if both are under 16 then that's okay, and if there's no more than a four year gap it's okay.

Trust me, they cover this stuff as one of the core parts of the course.
Old 04-06-2008, 02:26 PM   #60
Dark Clarissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
No it isn't because my friend is taking a course in sexual health and is a sexual health peer mentor. If under thirteen, it is reportable no matter what the circumstances. Over 13 but under 16, if both are under 16 then that's okay, and if there's no more than a four year gap it's okay.

Trust me, they cover this stuff as one of the core parts of the course.
Ah yes but you're talking about if BOTH are under 16. I was refering to if one was under and one was over. And, just to clarify, you're referring to the UK? Because you're seeming to indicate that if one was 14 and the other was 18 that this would be okay - which it isn't in the UK, I know this.
Old 04-06-2008, 02:34 PM   #61
JCC

Quote:
Ah yes but you're talking about if BOTH are under 16. I was refering to if one was under and one was over. And, just to clarify, you're referring to the UK? Because you're seeming to indicate that if one was 14 and the other was 18 that this would be okay - which it isn't in the UK, I know this.
If one is 14 and one is 18, they can screw as long as both parties are consenting. My friend's taking a course in it right now.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:37 PM   #62
korinna5555

Quote:
I would love to know where you got this from. No, I'm not being sarcastic, I'd seriously like to know.
That's the criteria for pedophilia as a mental illness. Like.. 30-somethings fucking 6 year olds. >_>
korinna5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 05:56 AM   #63
ApothoKeri

Here is a table for age of consent around the world.

http://www.avert.org/aofconsent.htm

Not that it has anything to do with ********** or the original post but as some are discussing it, I though you may find it interesting.
ApothoKeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 06:03 AM   #64
Renatus

Wikipedia does it even better with this: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...for_Canada.png

Old 04-07-2008, 04:43 PM   #65
Graveyard.Crow

I can't believe some are 21, and some are "has to be married"
No seriously, this is ridiculous. Even if it's for "their own good", how is it for someone's own good to keep a 20 year old from having sex because they aren't 21 yet.
Anyway, Canada rules, 14 and no restrictions. Everyone come to Canada. Especially the **********.... *shifty eyes*
Old 04-07-2008, 04:48 PM   #66
ApothoKeri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard.Crow
No seriously, this is ridiculous. Even if it's for "their own good", how is it for someone's own good to keep a 20 year old from having sex because they aren't 21 yet.
Anyway, Canada rules, 14 and no restrictions. Everyone come to Canada. Especially the **********.... *shifty eyes*
Yea well, some countries are under religious law as far as their own legality goes. Just how it is.
ApothoKeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 04:51 PM   #67
Graveyard.Crow

Well it's stupid. People should have freedom, AND sex is natural, no matter which way you spin it.
Old 04-07-2008, 04:54 PM   #68
Wormboy

Quote:
A lot of them are Islamic countries (backward fucking idiots honestly)

Islam has some good ideas here and there, but for the most part, it's such horrible garbage it sickens me to my core.

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 06:02 PM   #69
Solumina

Islam really isn't bad, it is just the extremist sects that happen to be in power in most Islamic countries. If you want a fairly good, open minded example of an Islamic country just look at Turkey where there is essentially no repression of women and people are free to express their sexuality
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 07:28 PM   #70
Graveyard.Crow

I can't believe it, I think they are changing the age of consent in Canada to 16.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:29 PM   #71
KontanKarite

Malaysia is by far the most disgusting one so far I think.

Lesbian is legal. Gay is illegal. Fucking meatheaded mentality...

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 07:33 AM   #72
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
I can't believe it, I think they are changing the age of consent in Canada to 16.
That's definitely a good thing.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:06 AM   #73
Dark Clarissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
If one is 14 and one is 18, they can screw as long as both parties are consenting. My friend's taking a course in it right now.

Just FYI:

http://www.channel4.com/health/micro...t/aoc_qa.shtml

Q: What's the age of consent in this country? Someone has told me that it's illegal for me to sleep with my boyfriend who's 15. We've been seeing each other for nearly two years. I'm really confused!
Samantha, 16

A: Hi Samantha and thanks for your question. We're sorry you're feeling confused about this. But you're not alone! The age of consent laws in this country can seem quite complicated. We've set them out for you below.

In England, Scotland and Wales, the age of consent – the age at which the law says you can agree to have sex – is 16 for both heterosexual (straight) and homosexual (gay) sex. In Northern Ireland, both people have to be over 17. At any age, and wherever you live in the UK, it is illegal to have sex unless both people agree to it (give their consent).

Where one or both of you are under the age of consent, as in your case, the law varies depending on the precise circumstances. Slightly different rules apply in Scotland and Jersey.

A boy who has sex with a girl under 16 (or 17 in Northern Ireland) is breaking the law, even if the girl agrees to have sex.

If the girl is aged between 13 and 15, the boy could go to prison for up to two years. If she is under 13, the boy could be sentenced to life imprisonment.

The law considers anyone under 13 to be unable to understand the consequences of having sex, so sex with someone aged 12 or under is illegal whether they have consented to it or not.

Our age of consent laws are there to prevent people from being pushed into something they don't understand or aren't ready for. Many young people think that if they feel ready to have sex and they use protection, it is nothing to do with anyone else. But every teenager needs to know the laws and what they mean. Although many young people are mature enough to know how to deal with it if someone tries to get them to have sex, not all teenagers are grown up enough to know what to do.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:48 AM   #74
JCC

Quote:
Just FYI:

http://www.channel4.com/health/micro...t/aoc_qa.shtml

Q: What's the age of consent in this country? Someone has told me that it's illegal for me to sleep with my boyfriend who's 15. We've been seeing each other for nearly two years. I'm really confused!
Samantha, 16

A: Hi Samantha and thanks for your question. We're sorry you're feeling confused about this. But you're not alone! The age of consent laws in this country can seem quite complicated. We've set them out for you below.

In England, Scotland and Wales, the age of consent – the age at which the law says you can agree to have sex – is 16 for both heterosexual (straight) and homosexual (gay) sex. In Northern Ireland, both people have to be over 17. At any age, and wherever you live in the UK, it is illegal to have sex unless both people agree to it (give their consent).

Where one or both of you are under the age of consent, as in your case, the law varies depending on the precise circumstances. Slightly different rules apply in Scotland and Jersey.

A boy who has sex with a girl under 16 (or 17 in Northern Ireland) is breaking the law, even if the girl agrees to have sex.

If the girl is aged between 13 and 15, the boy could go to prison for up to two years. If she is under 13, the boy could be sentenced to life imprisonment.

The law considers anyone under 13 to be unable to understand the consequences of having sex, so sex with someone aged 12 or under is illegal whether they have consented to it or not.

Our age of consent laws are there to prevent people from being pushed into something they don't understand or aren't ready for. Many young people think that if they feel ready to have sex and they use protection, it is nothing to do with anyone else. But every teenager needs to know the laws and what they mean. Although many young people are mature enough to know how to deal with it if someone tries to get them to have sex, not all teenagers are grown up enough to know what to do.
Yeah, I tend to trust an actual law course over a TV broadcaster, FYI.

Although, interestingly, it points out that if you're over 13 you can have sex, leaving boys to be 13 and over and legally screwing. So, I win anyway.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:55 AM   #75
Dark Clarissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
Yeah, I tend to trust an actual law course over a TV broadcaster, FYI.

Although, interestingly, it points out that if you're over 13 you can have sex, leaving boys to be 13 and over and legally screwing. So, I win anyway.
Its not a competition, and it didn't state that boys over 13 can legally screw. This article is referring to the law as it pertains to hetrosexual sex. That a boy over the age of 16 having sex with a girl aged between 13 and 15 can get 2 years in prison, but if she is under 13 he can get life in prison. Were you reading the same article?

Could you also confirm what legal qualification your friend is studying? I think you said something about health? Is she at Uni? Will this be a law degree?