Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

View Poll Results: Do you think he did it?
Yes 7 43.75%
No 4 25.00%
Don't care 5 31.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-13-2005, 02:28 PM   #1
Soul_Immortal

NOT GUILTY

Michael Jackson, the king of pop, has been found not guilty on all 10 counts.

Your thoughts!=)

*Soul*
Old 06-13-2005, 04:40 PM   #2
Disfunction

Personally, I don't think that any single one of us, unless capable of providing a basis of evidence that stems beyond his eccentric behaviour (while suspect, still not basis enough for an argument in support of his guilt). Now, having said that, it's my personal opinion that I just don't know. In a lot of cases, greed can over-power people so much that they are in it purely for sake of money. I can't say for sure if this is the case, nor can I divine whether or not he is likely to perform such acts.

What I do know is that he has spent a lot of money trying to help out children, he's spent a lot of money on his Neverland ranch, and he does seem to have, in part, the personna of a child. This isn't to say he's like that all the time, but at least enoug of the time that the accurate shade of his personality becomes blurred in the variety of media images, including the vanity driven one who lost his nose.

If he did it, he's likely to do it again, and this time to be caught. If he didn't, he will be wise enough not to be caught having anymore sleep-overs. He will be wise enough to behave with more caution in societal hot zones. Most importantly, he will do what he can not to have his already sullied name destroyed any further.

Should he happen to get caught with his pants down, however, (pun intended) then he'll get what's coming to him. ********** have a psychological profile for this type of behaviour, so it's not like they can suddenly stop. I just hope for the sake of anyone that would be in a position to be a victim that the jury is correct in the conclusion they've come to.

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 05:48 PM   #3
CptSternn

I agree fully. I always thought he was innocent, but had put himself in a posisition that could appear inapropriate. In a legal stand point, it's what is considered the appearance of inpropriety. You can be disbarred, and if your a CEO or say politician you can be sacked for it. The idea of not actually doing anything wrong, just doing enough so that people might assume you did something wrong.

Of course thats by no means the stand one would judge true guilt, but it is the standard anyone in the spotlight should live by less fall prety to this exact worse case senario right here.

Besides, with the amount of money he has, he could fly to thailand and buy a few kids and do whatever he wants with them - it wouldn't be that heard for a person with money.

Slán
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 06:22 PM   #4
Granny-like_the_apple

I was at the gym today right after the verdict was announced, and so there was 30 straight minutes of having to watch the same goddamn news over and over before I finally was able to change the channel and rot my mind with some Seinfeld.

All of this constant coverage has made me even more indifferent to this case.

Don't let mobile phone conversations lead to premature sex and pregnancy.
Granny-like_the_apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 06:35 PM   #5
Binkie

Ah well. I kinda wanted to see Geraldo shave off his mustache over this.
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Binkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 06:49 PM   #6
Disfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny-like_the_apple
I was at the gym today right after the verdict was announced, and so there was 30 straight minutes of having to watch the same goddamn news over and over before I finally was able to change the channel and rot my mind with some Seinfeld.

All of this constant coverage has made me even more indifferent to this case.
This is why I no longer watch television. Instead, I waste my time socializing with friends in the form of intellectual debate and role playing games. I remember a time when I had a life, it was somewhere between birth and conception.

Old 06-14-2005, 06:06 AM   #7
Disfunction

SANTA MARIA, Calif. - Basking in the jurors' decision to acquit his client of all counts, Michael Jackson's lawyer said Tuesday the singer will no longer share his bed with young boys.

"He's not going to do that anymore," attorney Thomas Mesereau Jr. told NBC's "Today." "He's not going to make himself vulnerable to this anymore."

Jackson was found not guilty Monday of child molestation, conspiracy and other counts. Jurors said the accusations of a young boy and his family were not credible — a total legal victory that triggered jubilation among the pop star's fans and embarrassment for the district attorney's office.

But Mesereau said the singer was still recovering from the ordeal.

http://news.**********/news?tmpl=stor...ichael_jackson

So there.