Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 08-20-2009, 11:19 PM   #1
alchemie

The FDA Seeks Your Input on Tobacco Regulation

Although it may be too late to stop the US banning of cloves, the FDA Seeks Your Input on Tobacco Regulation:

http://www.fda.gov/TobaccoProducts/ucm171216.htm

I seriously doubt that cigarettes will ever be totally banned. They already tried that once with alcohol during prohibition days. I just find it a violation of the right to choose when it comes to just banning a certain brand/type when it comes to the banning of cloves.

Anyhow, I wanted to put up that link to the FDA up so if you want, you can speak your mind on their website.

I also want to thank the people who did sign the petition on experienceproject.com - there are over 200 signatures in less than a month.
alchemie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 07:09 AM   #2
prophecyofdoom

They're going to ban cloves?? What the fuck? Seems to me it's a distinct minority of people in the US who smoke cloves, I don't see how other people can feel the need to get involved over it. ......Sometimes it seems like I'm the only person left in the world who loves smoking and has no intentions of quitting whatsoever.

Help us to be the always hopeful
Gardeners of the spirit
Who know that without darkness
Nothing comes to birth
As without light
Nothing flowers
-May Sarton
prophecyofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 09:55 PM   #3
weirdgirl

How insane! Why are they even bothering?
weirdgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 10:03 PM   #4
Sermon Bathe

big brother needs more control...kinda obvious aint it?
Pretty soon they will telling you when to have sex
Sermon Bathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:05 AM   #5
alchemie

Just got back from the smoke shop here and they said that they were told that the ban was going into effect on September 22nd but the distributors could run out of them before that.

I guess its time to stock up.

This sucks!
alchemie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:04 AM   #6
Tam Li Hua

Honestly, if cigs are banned, I'd be fine with that; I'm highly allergic to the smoke, and have seen what prolonged smoking can do to a person. :/

That being said, I agree that they will most likely never be completely banned.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:17 AM   #7
Delkaetre

While it's really unfortunate that you're allergic, surely the sensible option is to increase awareness of the dangers, tighten quality controls, and allow informed adults to make their own decision regarding their balance of pleasure and health?

Yes, it does nasty things. Lots of things have horrible effects, and lots of people are allergic to all kinds of things. Banning isn't wise and may not even actually work.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote