Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 08-24-2009, 10:56 AM   #801
Delkaetre

I want to know the definition of hate speech, since people in this thread have been accused of it twice.
People with guns are not being denied the rights of others and are making a definite and deliberate choice- unlike sexuality, disability and race, gun ownership is a choice, and thus totally open to all the criticism and ridicule people feel like throwing.
It doesn't even equate to religion, unless you're going to say that the right to own a gun is just as important as the right to spiritual fulfilment without lynching.

So what's the hate speech you've accused Saya and myself of? We insulted you, criticising your views. We are not advocating violence against you/ gun-owners, or segregation, or mass extermination, or trying to deny you employment, marriage reproductive rights. That would be hate speech.

(this is totally and utterly seperate from my actual arguments about whether or not someone should have guns, and why they should or should not. This is a genuine request for clarification on a single term)
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:00 PM   #802
Deadmanwalking_05

To bring things back to topic in a way...

Remember when I mentioned the X-REP tazer system that can be launched from a 12 gauge shotgun?

http://www.prisonplanet.com/long-ran...ty-debate.html

9x29mmR : The Choice Of Millions for the last 100-107 years.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:50 PM   #803
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delkaetre View Post
I want to know the definition of hate speech, since people in this thread have been accused of it twice.
People with guns are not being denied the rights of others and are making a definite and deliberate choice- unlike sexuality, disability and race, gun ownership is a choice, and thus totally open to all the criticism and ridicule people feel like throwing.
It doesn't even equate to religion, unless you're going to say that the right to own a gun is just as important as the right to spiritual fulfilment without lynching.

So what's the hate speech you've accused Saya and myself of? We insulted you, criticising your views. We are not advocating violence against you/ gun-owners, or segregation, or mass extermination, or trying to deny you employment, marriage reproductive rights. That would be hate speech.

(this is totally and utterly seperate from my actual arguments about whether or not someone should have guns, and why they should or should not. This is a genuine request for clarification on a single term)
The first cartoon in saya's post was one depicting the relocation or wish to have gun owners relocated to a violent third world country.

Old 08-27-2009, 01:32 PM   #804
Mir

That is a good idea.

All gun nuts should be relocated to violent third world Muslim countries, while all the freethinkers/Atheists from those countries should relocate in the other direction.

It'd be fun to watch you morons shoot/blow each other up.

I guess that makes me a facist, but |'m OK with that.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:54 PM   #805
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmanwalking_05 View Post
The first cartoon in saya's post was one depicting the relocation or wish to have gun owners relocated to a violent third world country.
Really? Are we looking at the same cartoon? The cartoon that just made the joke that by the way you talk you'd be happier in a country with no laws and lots of guns? The joke that..never mind, I'll let you work it out.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:19 PM   #806
the-nihilist

That cartoon was wrong anyway. The guy should be wearing a shirt with the Confederate flag, not the American flag. The so called "rebel" flag.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:07 PM   #807
Delkaetre

The concept of the cartoon is based on your particular ideals regarding gun ownership and law enforcement. It is a parody, drawing a comparison between your desire for gun freedom and strong individualism rather than government interference, and the particular turmoil of nations which have just that combination. It does not advocate the death of gun owners, and it's not even really suggesting relocation- only that the particular circumstances they claim to favour already exist in other places and have nor worked well for the people in those places.

We are not advocating shipping you off en masse to be killed by violent militia with guns in wartorn African states.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 07:02 PM   #808
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delkaetre View Post
The concept of the cartoon is based on your particular ideals regarding gun ownership and law enforcement. It is a parody, drawing a comparison between your desire for gun freedom and strong individualism rather than government interference, and the particular turmoil of nations which have just that combination. It does not advocate the death of gun owners, and it's not even really suggesting relocation- only that the particular circumstances they claim to favour already exist in other places and have nor worked well for the people in those places.

We are not advocating shipping you off en masse to be killed by violent militia with guns in wartorn African states.

They do have a strong gun culture but,the place is ruled by different tribesmen, not by Constitutional laws that apply to all citizens.

The spot depicted in the cartoon is a result of Anarchy unchecked,not liberty.

Old 08-30-2009, 07:17 PM   #809
Alan

What's the difference?
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 08:57 PM   #810
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
What's the difference?
Under Constitutional Law you have the choice of being armed or unarmed.

With unchecked Anarchy you would need a firearm,and there wouldn't be a choice in the matter.

That's the difference.

Old 08-30-2009, 08:59 PM   #811
Solumina

Quote:
Under Constitutional Law you have the choice of being armed or unarmed.
You didn't say Constitutional Law, you said liberty, those two are far from interchangeable.

Quote:
With unchecked Anarchy you would need a firearm,and there wouldn't be a choice in the matter.
Of course there would be a choice, there are plenty of people in places like Somalia who remain unarmed, not to mention the fact that anarchy is not inherently violent.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 09:26 PM   #812
Alan

Somalia's is. But here I'm working with Somalia's anarchy, not my own terms of anarchism.
You raised perfectly the counterarguments I was going to say, so I'll wait for them to be addressed.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:54 PM   #813
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
You didn't say Constitutional Law, you said liberty, those two are far from interchangeable.

Of course there would be a choice, there are plenty of people in places like Somalia who remain unarmed, not to mention the fact that anarchy is not inherently violent.
Quote:
They do have a strong gun culture but,the place is ruled by different tribesmen, not by Constitutional laws that apply to all citizens.

There is my answer.

U.S. Constitutional Law is Liberty.

Old 08-30-2009, 10:34 PM   #814
Alan

Wow. How fucking idiotic.
It is solely U.S. Constitutional Law that is Liberty, huh?
There are no shortcomings, nor anything that could be cut out. IT IS FUCKING PERFECT!

That's more idiotic than most Christians' opinions on their holy text. Your level of stupidity gets bigger and bigger as time passes by.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:37 PM   #815
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Wow. How fucking idiotic.
It is solely U.S. Constitutional Law that is Liberty, huh?
There are no shortcomings, nor anything that could be cut out. IT IS FUCKING PERFECT!

That's more idiotic than most Christians' opinions on their holy text. Your level of stupidity gets bigger and bigger as time passes by.

For me it is,seeing as how I live in the U.S. and all.

Old 08-31-2009, 07:51 AM   #816
Alan

Somalians don't, and yet you idiotically say that they're not living in liberty because liberty is U.S Constitutional Law.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:07 PM   #817
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Somalians don't, and yet you idiotically say that they're not living in liberty because liberty is U.S Constitutional Law.
My answer...

Quote:
For me it is,seeing as how I live in the U.S. and all.
Notice I said "For ME it is" I never said it was the only kind of Liberty.

Old 09-01-2009, 04:27 PM   #818
Jonathan

It is (most likely) just what you have grown up with as normal, and accept it as the "default setting".

There are some huge flaws with the way we have things set up here, and some nearly incomprehensible viewpoints that average people seem to have.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 05:33 PM   #819
Alan

Quote:
Notice I said "For ME it is" I never said it was the only kind of Liberty.
Stop fucking try to bullshit your way around it.

Quote:
You JUST FUCKING SAID right here (I quoted you, try to bullshit now) that they're not in a state of liberty. Not even you were fucking talking about 'your liberty' you fucking idiot.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:38 PM   #820
vindicatedxjin

*pokes head in this thread and runs away*

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 05:46 AM   #821
zerademark

dang, I was here when this thread started.....in May or something?
3 It is not "You and me", instead it is "Me and you". At the same time "M" is capitalized.
zerademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:06 PM   #822
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Stop fucking try to bullshit your way around it.

You JUST FUCKING SAID right here (I quoted you, try to bullshit now) that they're not in a state of liberty. Not even you were fucking talking about 'your liberty' you fucking idiot.
In my opinion they aren't living in a state of liberty,but that's my opinion on the matter.

So go fuck yourself.

Old 09-02-2009, 09:04 PM   #823
Saya

I remember Alan saying before how the "Thats you're opinion" and variations of pisses him off, ever since I felt bad for him every time someone says it to him. It happens fairly often, it seems.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:42 PM   #824
Duane

Jillian... why are YOU wasting your time with DMW?
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:44 PM   #825
Alan

Quote:
In my opinion they aren't living in a state of liberty,but that's my opinion on the matter.

So go fuck yourself.
And according to your logic they aren't living in liberty because they don't live specifically under U.S. Constitutional Law.

Are you seriously that fucking stupid you can't follow YOUR OWN statements?