Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 04-28-2008, 10:21 AM   #1
Apathy's_Child

Man locks daughter in cellar for 24 years, fathering 7 children by her in the process

Just....... WHOA.

A WOMAN has claimed she was held captive in a cellar for almost 24 years by her father and that she gave birth to at least six children, police said.

Elisabeth Fritzl, 42, told Austrian officials she was drugged and handcuffed after being lured to the basement of their home when she was 18.

She had been a captive since, repeatedly ***** by her father Josef, 73.

Three of Ms Fritzl's children were kept with her in the grim dungeon.

"We are being confronted with an unfathomable crime," Austrian Interior Minister Guenther Platter said as details of the alleged abduction surfaced at the weekend.

Senior Austrian policeman Franz Polzer said Mr Fritzl was in custody. "He is in the process of making a confession.

"He has now said that he locked up his daughter for 24 years and that he alone fathered her seven children and that he locked them up in the cellar," Mr Polzer said.

The chilling story of events in Amstetten, 130km west of Vienna emerged two years after another Austrian, 18-year-old Natascha Kampusch, escaped from the clutches of a pedophile who had held her prisoner for eight years in a tiny dungeon at his home in a suburb in the capital.

Locals said the Fritzls were respected and appeared to be perfect neighbours.

Resident Anita Lachinger said: "Mr Fritzl seemed, whenever you saw him, like such a harmless old man. No one would have guessed the truth."

But for 24 years the Fritzl's daughter was kept locked in a series of narrow, windowless rooms with ceilings about 1.67m high that were accessed by a door hidden behind a cupboard with a security code that only the father knew.

The children kept with Ms Fritzl - her two elder children, aged 19 and 18, and her youngest, aged five - were all fed and clothed by her father but were never allowed out.

They had not seen sunlight until just over a week ago when the eldest, a girl called Kerstin, became seriously ill and was taken to hospital by Mr Fritzl.

He then took his daughter and her other two children out of the cellar and she told shocked police her story.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...98-663,00.html

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:29 AM   #2
Edward Strange

Only in Austria eh?

Breathing heard just below the floorboards.
The sense of something terrible rousing itself from
from its torpor.
Edward Strange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 04:47 PM   #3
Pantherlette086

Damn............
Pantherlette086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:22 PM   #4
AngelikDemonik

I was just about to post this, but yeah....WOW.

http://www.myspace.com/dancemydarling

AIM: ThisIsntSybil
AngelikDemonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 10:19 AM   #5
Maldarion_Haliax

That is sick,immoral and horrid,I'm not normally a judgmental type of person but I hope that man burns in Hell.
Maldarion_Haliax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 11:25 AM   #6
Tea and Cake or Death

that is seriously screwed up. I mean.....there is nothing you can say that can fully express how fucked up that is.
Tea and Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 02:40 PM   #7
acidxrainbows

That sicko deserves to be shanked.
His own daughter? For 24 years? And SEVEN children?
Holy sheez.
acidxrainbows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 04:10 PM   #8
Zerachiel

O.o Speechless. Imagine the things that go through his mind and what not...
Zerachiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 10:00 PM   #9
MotherofMercies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerachiel
O.o Speechless. Imagine the things that go through his mind and what not...
No thanks. I try not to.
MotherofMercies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 10:07 PM   #10
Lolly PopMuzik

The freakiest parts for me were that in another news story he made up a story about her running away with a cult and he had already started sexually abusing her when she was just 11.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:10 PM   #11
Jonathan

With each passing day, the belief that people such as this should be put down as dispassionately and expediently as possible once the facts are determined becomes ingrained deeper and deeper into my outlook.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 10:32 PM   #12
raggedyanne

Why, dear goddess, why?! This is sick, the poor woman
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 01:48 PM   #13
Maldarion_Haliax

Look how bad things are getting,I mean you can't even trust family anymore.
Their's almost no honor,love,or caring in the world anymore and hope is slowly being stamped out along with innocence.
Maldarion_Haliax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 03:11 PM   #14
Jonathan

There are probably always going to be horrible people.

When confronted by things like this, I try to have an even greater appreciation for the good, beautiful things. As I become more and more aware of just what might be waiting out there, I try to use it as a counter example, to reinforce the ideals of what kind of person I want to be.

I can't help but wonder if things have always been like this, and I was just ignorant of it, or if we really are witnessing a degeneration.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 03:22 PM   #15
Kristin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan
I can't help but wonder if things have always been like this, and I was just ignorant of it, or if we really are witnessing a degeneration.
There have always been horrible people, but my theory is that it's being exposed much more these days, when in the past it used to be swept under the rug. My mom's grandfather was a monster. He hurt every child, male or female, that was unlucky enough to cross his path. His family totally covered it up. My mom even suspects that he was responsible for the death of a little girl who threatened to tell her parents (this was when my grandma was a child). The poor girl was killed by a fall off her porch steps, and soon after that, my grandma's family hurriedly moved out of state.

I never had the misfortune to meet his horrible excuse for a human being, because he died before I was born. But I've had to watch the lifelong aftermath that his abuse did to my mom.
Kristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 03:35 PM   #16
Dreggas

Things have always been like this, there are always freaks and sickos. Now thanks to the internet and 24 hr news cycle we hear about it a lot more often and it is sensationalized because it draws crowds. Sad but true.
Dreggas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 06:56 PM   #17
badteccy

Read this on cnn.com, horrible.
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 06:40 PM   #18
electrosexual

Apparently they're all pretty fucked up now. The three children use animal sounds and grunts to communicate. Them and the mother also have to be kept in dark, confined spaces for a good while until they get used to the outside world. I think one of the children is due to die soon.
electrosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 11:26 AM   #19
Minyaliel

I've been following this case since it was announced by norwegian press... On a pure psychological level it really interests, almost fascinates me, how someone could be such a sick genious. That is not a compliment, however, it is just recognising that this guy had his wits about him in a cold and cruel way. You'll need quite a bit of manipulative powers and intelligence to keep something like this hidden for such a long time. Also, I wonder about the children... where are they now, on a psychological level? I haven't heard about that bit about them communicating in their own language, electro, but if they do that'd be mightily fascinating... I can't help myself, the combination of psychological factors and the morbidity of the case makes my head spin.
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 12:11 PM   #20
xParadigmx

damn, if you think you have problems....
xParadigmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 12:49 PM   #21
sadistically_romantic

according to the report he is facing 15 years in prison. FIFTEEN. ONLY FIFTEEN. I believe they should use scum like that for sadistic testing. Like seeing how many limbs you can cut off before he bleeds to death. Or to see if a casturation will clot by itself or if he'd die from blood loss. After being molested by my stepfather I have no pity for anyone who commits such a crime.
sadistically_romantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 10:40 AM   #22
drewsilla

Only 15 years??!?? You'd think they would put him as far back in the prision as they could and then forget about him for the rest of ever.

I think he should be treated like he treated his daughter--imprisioned underground, with periods of someone r.aping, beating and torturing him. I think it would be justice served.
drewsilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 11:38 AM   #23
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Come to crazy ren's cheap crimes for the best deals on criminal acts anywhere! Are you a teacher who loves looking at that pretty freshman girl over there, but wish you could do more but are unwilling to do the time and never see her pretty face again? Well here at crazy ren's you can be back at that same school before the end of her senior year to get that one last sweet **** before college. Is everyone in your life stressing you out shortening your lifespan by 1 or 2 decades? Well kill away because here at crazy ren's we'll only cost you 5-10 nomatter how many you kill. If you don't believe me listen to the testamonial of one of my latest customers.

Austrian rapist father "I loved my daughter soo much I couldn't stand to see a strange person abuse her, but I still wanted grandchildren. So I locked her away, knocked her up, and out came the grandchildren. I even knocked up a few of the grandchildren too but the police will never know. Now thanks to crazy ren I'll be out of the slammer in time to lockup, and knockup my great-grandchildren. Thanks crazy ren!"

So stop by crazy ren's today and check out our good father's special- all priest get their first 5 molestations free(minimum 10 molestations).

And remember even dangerous criminals have the right to a great deal!

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 12:20 PM   #24
xParadigmx

0_0.
thats. um. wow.
yeah, im at a loss.

I personally think that anyone who has had to endure abuse like that should have the freedom to legally castrate him with a rusty spoon.
xParadigmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 03:31 PM   #25
Nytekiss~

It doesn't make sense. I kan't fathom existing as a prisoner to that reality for that long. I guess there are indeed tymes where i would konsider the benifit of ending my own lyfe.
I don't see how those children kould be integrated back into society. the chances of them being able to pull off anything that even remotely resembles a normal lyfe ... I'd rather not think about it.~
Nytekiss~ is offline   Reply With Quote