Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 03-17-2009, 09:26 AM   #76
Gothic.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by isobel black View Post
I think you're right. I had 'cunning linguist', right up until I posted in this thread. If you find fault with 'male sex organ licker', you'll probably find fault with that as well. I was just wondering if it also would have happened if I hadn't posted here.
Nope, your title wasn't even looked at when the change was made. And no, it wasn't a problem either. You brought up that the user ranking level 'Goth as Fuck' could be seen in a poor light, so it was removed, across the board.

Albert wouldn't have even really raised much scrutiny (other than the fact that there are a LOT of complaints about their trollish posts, thread derailments, wholly useless and overly vulgar threads, etc.) if they hadn't taken the opportunity to post in a thread about a lot of new improvements being made to the community here with some sort of accusation that we'd 'take an enormous shit and spread it all over the floor' and use the rep system to cover it it. That's just kind of rude, and for someone whose account exists on such thin ice here already, it wasn't very sound judgment either. So, they were asked to clean it up a little, to which they decided to fight and whine and list asinine level one wannabe rules lawyer arguments for why they should get to continue doing their inappropriate trollish disruptive ways.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:29 AM   #77
Mir

Huh. I wonder if mine (User Title) is too (wildly inappropriate).
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:35 AM   #78
Alarica

It would be interesting to know who, other than Tam, was offended by Albert's oh so terrible title.

I was a vegetarian until I lost my virginity, and a wise man said to me 'do you not feel guilty now, having had all that meat inside you?'
Alarica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:36 AM   #79
Mir

Start up a poll.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:36 AM   #80
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothic.net View Post
Albert wouldn't have even really raised much scrutiny (other than the fact that there are a LOT of complaints about their trollish posts, thread derailments, wholly useless and overly vulgar threads, etc.)
Again, I'd like to ask how many there actually were. You ignored that question before.
Quote:
if they hadn't taken the opportunity to post in a thread about a lot of new improvements being made to the community here with some sort of accusation that we'd 'take an enormous shit and spread it all over the floor' and use the rep system to cover it it.
'Cover it'? Someone's taking things too seriously. Does Mr. Admin need a chill pill?
Quote:
That's just kind of rude,
Goths are known for their manners.
Quote:
and for someone whose account exists on such thin ice here already,
It's true. Enough Chimps with guns ARE dangerous!
Quote:
it wasn't very sound judgment either.
I had no clue I was on 'thin ice' up until this.
Quote:
So, they were asked to clean it up a little, to which they decided to fight and whine and list asinine level one wannabe rules lawyer arguments for why they should get to continue doing their inappropriate trollish disruptive ways.
I don't remember any 'rule lawyer' arguments. I do recall calling you out on your bullshit, but I expect you wiped that from your 'brain'. haha? get it?
Albert Mond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:51 AM   #81
isobel black

Quote:
Nope, your title wasn't even looked at when the change was made. And no, it wasn't a problem either.
Thanks, that's good to know. I wish I hadn't said anything about Goth as Fuck, though. And I still feel you were too harsh on Mond's user title.
isobel black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:53 AM   #82
Underwater Ophelia

Wait, what the hell?
Now no one gets a subtitle?
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:56 AM   #83
Man In Room 5

I don't know if it applies to Albert in particular, but I suspect a large number of "complaints" in the past were based on the flame war we suffered with Helpman, Eclipsing the Son and Ra Star. When a few of us made it known that we had complained about those 3 trolls they began complaining about us in return. I don't know if Gent keeps a record of who sent the complaints, but if so, I suggest any complaints from the above 3 trolls be ignored as just another tactic in their flame war.
Man In Room 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:58 AM   #84
Gothic.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by isobel black View Post
Thanks, that's good to know. I wish I hadn't said anything about Goth as Fuck, though. And I still feel you were too harsh on Mond's user title.
I didn't start out harsh, but there is only so much abuse one should have to put up with when making a simple request. Now it's moot. The simple request was turned into an asinine conflict instead of just being respected. People have made too much of it at this point, so no titles or ranks. Not that this is any big deal, I'm just not in the mood for a game of 'what about this rude statement, it's a band, I swear, what about this rude subtitle, it's a medical terms, what about this rude subtitle, I'm so witty and rebellious...'
Old 03-17-2009, 09:58 AM   #85
Albert Mond

I was thinking the same thing, MIR5.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:59 AM   #86
Gothic.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man In Room 5 View Post
I don't know if it applies to Albert in particular, but I suspect a large number of "complaints" in the past were based on the flame war we suffered with Helpman, Eclipsing the Son and Ra Star. When a few of us made it known that we had complained about those 3 trolls they began complaining about us in return. I don't know if Gent keeps a record of who sent the complaints, but if so, I suggest any complaints from the above 3 trolls be ignored as just another tactic in their flame war.
Nope, that's not it.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:01 AM   #87
JCC

Gothic.net has taken the role of patronising kindergarten teacher righting the wrongs of internet society, just fucking brilliant, ruin my favourite forum with your ridiculous bollocks about oral sex being something to break into tears about. I guess telling people to die in fires and suchlike is out too? This is going to suck.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:06 AM   #88
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
Gothic.net has taken the role of patronising kindergarten teacher righting the wrongs of internet society, just fucking brilliant, ruin my favourite forum with your ridiculous bollocks about oral sex being something to break into tears about. I guess telling people to die in fires and suchlike is out too? This is going to suck.
Yeah, I agree.
I mean, there should be a limit on what we can post.
Ch1ild p0rn should be off limits.
That's about it.

I mean, who are we even catering to?
It's not like this is going to be seen by children.
If it is, that's the PARENTS' fault, not ours.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:08 AM   #89
Mir

Quote:
I didn't start out harsh, but there is only so much abuse one should have to put up with when making a simple request. Now it's moot. The simple request was turned into an asinine conflict instead of just being respected. People have made too much of it at this point, so no titles or ranks. Not that this is any big deal, I'm just not in the mood for a game of 'what about this rude statement, it's a band, I swear, what about this rude subtitle, it's a medical terms, what about this rude subtitle, I'm so witty and rebellious...'
You're right. I have to agree. I've never cared for titles/rank. They are of no consequence. Thank you.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:15 AM   #90
jack_the_knife

Quote:
This is going to suck.
Sadly, I have to concur with this.
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:15 AM   #91
Gothic.net

Quote:
Gothic.net has taken the role of patronising kindergarten teacher righting the wrongs of internet society, just fucking brilliant
Nope, just following up on one simple reasonable request made of one member here. After that, it's up to them whether they get treated like children or adults.

Quote:
ruin my favourite forum with your ridiculous bollocks about oral sex being something to break into tears about. I guess telling people to die in fires and suchlike is out too? This is going to suck.
Is the histrionic exaggeration really necessary? Was Albert's childish subtitle the entire value of your favorite forum?
Old 03-17-2009, 10:16 AM   #92
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Its hilarious, Tam, that in your blog you mentioned how one of the reasons you're into goth is its appreciation for horror movies, so witnessing horrible violence just for the thrill of it is peachy, but reading "Male sex organ licker" disturbs your Christian sensibilities.
It has nothing to do with my faith. It just disturbs me in general.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:19 AM   #93
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
Is the histrionic exaggeration really necessary? Was Albert's childish subtitle the entire value of your favorite forum?
It's inappropriate for children because it's childish.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:20 AM   #94
jack_the_knife

Am I still allowed to express my opinion that I find tam an arrogant infantile and stubborn annoyance?
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:23 AM   #95
Tam Li Hua

I'm going to miss the user titles and rankings. I thought they were fun...when folks weren't trying to be immature jerks with them. :/
Old 03-17-2009, 10:23 AM   #96
Gothic.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Mond View Post
It's inappropriate for children because it's childish.
Yes, like a kindergartner who thinks it's great fun to shout out penis in the middle of class to get a rise out of everybody.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:29 AM   #97
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
Yes, like a kindergartner who thinks it's great fun to shout out penis in the middle of class to get a rise out of everybody.
Are kindergartners even allowed here? Is that legal? I know we have some youngsters, but equating the users of this site to five year olds who may not even know what's between the legs of the opposite sex is rather silly.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:39 AM   #98
tekajo

Wait...because Isobel said something was in poor taste it gets changed immediately across the board? Wow.

Wait wait wait....i'm a freaking conservative and Mond's crude humor(less at times) antics have yet to offend me? Wow again.

Isn't there an age limit for joining GNet?
tekajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:49 AM   #99
JCC

Quote:
Yes, it was the value of my favourite forum, because it was part of the long-respected Gnet clause that pompous idiot admins on moral crusades are for other forums, not for this one. I can't see what you're likely to achieve here, either you're going to give in because people are ignoring you, or all of the members leave because it's not fun any more and you and Tam are left alone to have heartwarming talks together about how great authority and the enforcement of the arbitrary values of appropriate conversation is. Admins flexing their internet muscles because someone mentioned willy is one of the most pathetic things that I've seen in my life, it's like Bella Sophia became emperor.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:03 AM   #100
isobel black

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekajo View Post
Wait...because Isobel said something was in poor taste it gets changed immediately across the board? Wow.
I actually said that to demonstrate how ridiculous it was that Mond had to change his user title. And believe you me, I wish I hadn't.
isobel black is offline   Reply With Quote