Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 08-08-2008, 03:37 PM   #26
JCC

My dad's all like "I wouldn't leave you alone at one of those places!!".

This could have horrifying consequences of a JCC no-show unless I can convince him otherwise.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 04:08 PM   #27
Delkaetre

Good luck.
I could find you some of the good press that explains what wonderful people all goths are, especially at Whitby. Perhaps the press' love of us would change his mind?
Otherwise, bring a friend or something.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 04:08 PM   #28
She_Is_My_Sin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bete Noire
Which bit SIMs? I'm just across the water from the Isle of Wight.

Reading in Berkshire. I'd like to be far far away from it when I go to uni.

I was actually hoping to go to Whitby this year, but I'm a bit strapped for cash.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 04:19 PM   #29
Raptor

I'm in Hertfordshire or Bristol depending if uni is going on not.

I've never looked into Whitby, Specimen are playing?! Aaah. As much as I'd like to go it's unlikely I will be. I'll be at uni and I'd have to find the money and travel.

Has it got a train station just out of interest?
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 04:30 PM   #30
Delkaetre

Yes, but you can only get trains from York or Middlesborough, I think. It's a very small, regional line. You're as well off getting a bus, though the goths all travel up by train- great fun, seeing this train packed full of goths with luggage bigger than they are.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Old 08-09-2008, 05:22 AM   #31
honeythorn

I went from York by bus. Over the moors and all that.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 05:25 AM   #32
Delkaetre

I'll be heading up to Leeds by train from London on the Wednesday, staying with MfA, and then getting a lift up to Whitby with them on the Thursday. And when leaving on the Tuesday morning, again I get a lift from them and then get the train down to London from Leeds. Thank gods pyro's got a new van... his old red one was a bit scary, not overly fond of hills, changing gears, speeds over 40mph, functioning at less than about 80 decibels...
Old 08-09-2008, 05:55 AM   #33
honeythorn

Good grief! . I'll get there on Thursday, probably in the afternoon. I have a new suitcase now instead of that horrendous old one I had in April ( it was my mom's ) it's wheel were in the very centre , so when you try to drag it along it rocked from side to side quite violently and scraped on the floor. I turned the air blue all the way to the hotel! I just hope I can remember the shortcut instead of having to go up all the steps near the Whalebones
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 06:50 AM   #34
Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delkaetre
Yes, but you can only get trains from York or Middlesborough, I think. It's a very small, regional line. You're as well off getting a bus, though the goths all travel up by train- great fun, seeing this train packed full of goths with luggage bigger than they are.
Ah thank you.

I'm pretty sure I won't be there, I'd have to get a train from Bristol to York to Whitby. I may have typed something in wrong but an online thing just calculated £100 for Bristol to York return... I paid that much for a return flight to Germany.

Hope you guys have fun
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote