Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 11-25-2006, 06:34 PM   #1
LostAndCrazy

Hello Brothers And Sisters Of the One Consciousness.

Hey!

I cannot believe I am doing this! My hatred for people usually keeps me locked away in my own fantasy world, one which i refuse to leave unless its work which I hate. Books and Music keep me occupied. But anyway, I was googling for something and came across this forum by chance and saw someone say something to the effect that, "We human beings are fucked and are fucking it up for all the other species on this planet", a thought i complete agree with and so I thought i might as well look around the forum. Surprisingly enough, there are loads of intelligent people around here, so I thought I'd join up too and pitch in with my two cents from time to time. Have yourself a good day, this life is too short to have anything but.

Mir.
LostAndCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 06:36 PM   #2
korinna5555

um go away
korinna5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 06:36 PM   #3
LostAndCrazy

Wow, that was quick. I cant go anywhere, Im neither here nor there. =P
Old 11-25-2006, 06:38 PM   #4
korinna5555

what did you want me to say?!
fill out the questions, first of all. or at least give us a better idea of who you are....though i already have an idea.
Old 11-25-2006, 06:40 PM   #5
DarkHeartedDemoness

Korinna, don't be so mean. What's your problem with this person? He/she seems like he/she would be an interesting contribution. So they didn't follow protocol. Is that a reason to be incredibly rude? Yes, I said incredibly.

What happened to welcoming new people and guiding them in the right direction? I have not seen a single unforgiveable post/phrase from this person.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 06:41 PM   #6
LostAndCrazy

Ahh well, I'll get around to doing that in a bit. Do share your idea with me though. I dont know who/what I am. Probably borderline schizophrenic/agoraphobic. =)
Old 11-25-2006, 06:42 PM   #7
korinna5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHeartedDemoness
Korinna, don't be so mean. What's your problem with this person? He/she seems like he/she would be an interesting contribution. So they didn't follow protocol. Is that a reason to be incredibly rude? Yes, I said incredibly.

What happened to welcoming new people and guiding them in the right direction? I have not seen a single unforgiveable post/phrase from this person.
im sorry, LostAndCrazy. im a bit bitchy this week. not to mention tired. but enough with the lame excuses; theres no excuse for my behavior.
welcome
Old 11-25-2006, 06:43 PM   #8
LostAndCrazy

I did read the newbie thread, however, I did not know anything about a questionnaire that you mentioned and im still not sure where that is to be honest. My apologies. God my kb is acting up and i hate spelling mistakes. Also, i dont know why knowing anything about me is of such importance anyway. Its all an illusion.
Old 11-25-2006, 06:45 PM   #9
korinna5555

please forgive me lostandcrazy. i feel like a total bitch now.
Old 11-25-2006, 06:46 PM   #10
DarkHeartedDemoness

Feel free to use these questions:
https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=1644

Don't feel like you have to, though. insertwittyname didn't post an intro for AGES, and no one seemed to mind.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
Old 11-25-2006, 06:56 PM   #11
Geisel

Welcome, LostAndCrazy!

Books are good at occupying, generally. Have any favorites you'd like to share?
Geisel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 06:59 PM   #12
Rizash

Welcome Those questions are a bit "cookie cutter" for my tastes, but at least they're something to talk about
Rizash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 07:01 PM   #13
LostAndCrazy

Korinna: There is nothing to forgive. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I dont begrudge anyone for it.

DarkHeartedDemoness: For the record, I am a HE, the inferior half of the human race and I thank you for the link. I will answer those question as best as i can but probably not tonight, I have to be at work in about 5 hours. =( A short intro is the best I can do right now before sleep claims another victim.

Books: Huge Scifi fan - Robert Heinlein, Philip K Dick, Frank Herbert, A.C. Clarke, Asimov etc. But my real love is for fantasy and I grew up reading stuff from Brooks, King, Koontz, A. Norton, G.R.R. Martin, H.P. Lovecraft, Tad Williams, R.A. Salvatore. These are in no particular order.

Music: I'm going to catch Tool on monday in concert, (seeing them live for the second time this year), should give you folks an idea of stuff im into, although I love Wagner and Bach too so I have a very wide taste. Only thing I dont like is pop (brand image) music. I loathe pop music.
Old 11-25-2006, 07:02 PM   #14
Dead Cell

I welcome you although you need to add the questions in so we can know something about you.
Dead Cell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 07:05 PM   #15
Geisel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostAndCrazy
...although I love Wagner and Bach too.
Wagner is brilliant!

Did you know he invented a really bizarre type of tuba?
Old 11-25-2006, 07:06 PM   #16
DarkHeartedDemoness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostAndCrazy
DarkHeartedDemoness: For the record, I am a HE, the inferior half of the human race and I thank you for the link. I will answer those question as best as i can but probably not tonight, I have to be at work in about 5 hours. =( A short intro is the best I can do right now before sleep claims another victim.
I checked your initial post, and it didn't say, so I'm glad we know now! One of the greatest shortcomings of the English language is its lack of appropriate gender-neutral pronouns.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
Old 11-25-2006, 07:07 PM   #17
LostAndCrazy

No I had no idea, I do know Hitler was a huge fan of his work. *laughs* Although I was in a really black mood earlier and Wagner and Refused (a disbanded punk band) and beating up my guitar seem to have gotten me out of my funk! =)
Old 11-25-2006, 07:08 PM   #18
LostAndCrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Cell
I welcome you although you need to add the questions in so we can know something about you.

Thank you and hey, I like your signature, here's another one. Drop acid not bombs. =P
Old 11-25-2006, 07:09 PM   #19
Geisel

Yeah, it's called a Wagner tuba (of course) and he designed it for his F horn players so they could play in a lower range than the horn can go. It's like a really little tuba with four rotary valves.

Glad to hear you're out of your funk. Music can solve almost everything!
Old 11-25-2006, 07:10 PM   #20
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Welcome LostandCrazy. I like SciFi too. Ray Bradbury writes some stories that are the perfect blend of Goth and SciFi ("Dark SciFi"? shrugs), in case you haven't read any of his stuff. I saw him years ago at the Santa Ana Public Library, and I got his autograph.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 07:14 PM   #21
Pyre

Though I am a noob here myself, I don't feel it absolutely necessary that you must follow the guidelines and copy/paste and fill out the questionnaire, as they are just guidelines, but I do agree that you should go a bit more in-depth with who you are so that we have a better understanding of you. But welcome, anyway

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 07:14 PM   #22
LostAndCrazy

Oh I love Ray Bradbury! I havent read alot of his work but I attribute that to lack of time. My dad was a huge Bradbury fan so I read most of his stuff when i was younger.
Old 11-25-2006, 07:15 PM   #23
DarkHeartedDemoness

I love Ray Bradbury! It's the sort of thing you can re-read. I read a lot, so I really like books that I can buy and re-read.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
Old 11-25-2006, 07:25 PM   #24
LostAndCrazy

Well I would like to say one thing though and tell me if im frequenting the wrong forums. Im not sure what qualifies as a goth (this *is* a goth forum after all) but I refuse to be typecasted as one.

I dont want to be part of a crowd/group/way of life/scene. I dont belong (to anything I stress) and I never will. I am me, a person, and thats all there is. In fact, I tend to do the exact opposite of things people are doing. I think thats because of my general hatred for people, ignorance and stupidity. I think I'll run away now because I can see you sharpening your knives already. =)
Old 11-25-2006, 07:28 PM   #25
DarkHeartedDemoness

I don't wear makeup. I'm not wearing black right now, nor do I wear black compulsively. I haven't ever seen The Crow.

Don't be a stereotype. You'll be more welcome here for it.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson