Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 06-12-2009, 04:03 AM   #1
MorphlingV2

Hello from me too

Since there is a form, I might as well fill it in.

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)

Nerd Alert. At the moment I am combining one of my hobbies with a job by working at a store that deals in collectible card games, mainly Magic: The Gathering. I am a competitive player myself. I am a gamer at heart in general (perhaps too much) and enjoy everything from board games and role-playing to computer games. I used to play a lot of Neverwinter Nights, but right now my game of choice is Eve Online.

While gaming is my main hobby, I am also interested in a little bit of everything and like to spend time scouring the Internet in search of information on various topics and reading. Music also plays a large role in my life, though I have not come to the point of creating it myself. As for my tastes, see below.

2. Where are you from?

Riga, Latvia. My main language is Russian. I am not very good at learning languages, so I will naturally misuse English here or there. I am sorry.

3. Who is your favorite author?

J.R.R. Tolkien, because I grew up on his books. M. Bulgakov's "The Master and Margarita" is another of my favorites.

4. What are your favorite films?

I cannot really name one. It is not because I do not watch or do not like movies. It is simply difficult to pinpoint just one. How about I name you my favorite game instead? It is Planescape: Torment.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?

I never really thought about it. Would depend on who I will marry I guess. Someone else picked The Sisters of Mercy - Temple of Love in their introduction and that looked like a good choice to me.

6. At your funeral?

Something that will fit well my accomplishments in life, if I will have any at all.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?

Nothing fancy here really. Peacefully from the old age once my time comes.

8. What kind of casket would you want?

I honestly do not know.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?

If you mean what I generally wear, then it is simple t-shirt and black jeans. I know, I really should work some on how I dress.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?

The ability to express myself and my thoughts without worrying how others will react. Not being changed so much by exposure to society.

11. What's your favorite band?

Faith & The Muse gets a special mention for being a turning point in my musical tastes. I like a variety of music in general, but most of it comes from the dark scene and includes everything from industrial and gothic to neofolk and ambient, as well as a bit of synth-pop and IDM. A sample of my favorites in alphabetical order:

Aenima (The Portugalean ethereal one), Anne Clark, Arcana, Beyond Sensory Experience, Camerata Mediolananse, Chiasm, Coil, Covenant, Dead Can Dance, Deine Lakaien, Desiderii Marginis, Diary of Dreams, Diva Destruction, Emilie Autumn, Empusae, Helium Vola, Hocico, In Slaughter Natives, Joy Division, Kirlian Camera, Mechanical Moth, Morgenstern (The Ant-Zen one), Rada i Ternovnik, Raison D'etre, Rosewater, Siouxsie & The Banshees, The Sisters of Mercy, Strange Boutique, Synapscape, This Morn' Omina, Vromb, and many many others.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?

I got a degree in computer science only to realize that my heart was not completely in it. Now I am looking for something that is and trying to work on self-education.

13. Why did you join?

Two reasons mainly. First one is an interest in the gothic subculture. The second one is the availability of some free time at my work place that is difficult to spend on something more productive than reading forums. Generally I have learned to avoid forums because they are a big time sink. It is, however, interesting to learn more about people from other parts of the world.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?

My answer to the first question is a dead giveaway, but just in case I am male.

Do you have any questions? Feel free to ask.
MorphlingV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:58 PM   #2
Solumina

Welcome to the boards, for someone who has a hard time with languages you seem to have mastered English much better than many native speakers.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:03 PM   #3
Seth Whisper

sisters of mercy....eve online...nice. I may have crossed ships with you at some point...I played EVE for a couple years until recently. Great game.
Seth Whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 02:23 PM   #4
MorphlingV2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Welcome to the boards, for someone who has a hard time with languages you seem to have mastered English much better than many native speakers.
From my experience when it comes to places like forums people are often more careless in using their own native language and put more effort when they use a foreign one.

At school I actually studied German and I always had trouble with it. By now I barely remember a word due to never really needing it. English, on the other hand, I learned mostly from computer games and then improved it significantly by doing a lot of reading and role-playing.

Thank you for the welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Whisper
sisters of mercy....eve online...nice. I may have crossed ships with you at some point...I played EVE for a couple years until recently. Great game.
A great game indeed. It is unlikely we have crossed ships though. I have not done much PvP yet and I am still somewhat new to Eve.
MorphlingV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:17 PM   #5
ZyklonB

I play EVE, been playing since around August of last year.
ZyklonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:22 PM   #6
Seth Whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZyklonB View Post
I play EVE, been playing since around August of last year.
its a great game...ever get into 0.0 polotics?
Old 06-12-2009, 04:36 PM   #7
ZyklonB

Yeah, I used to live in PureBlind out of a POS back when Liberty was still one of the major entities in the area then when the NC came through and IRON took PB it just wasn't worth it anymore.I lived deep in providence before that, just chilling with CVA. I prefer the dangers of low-sec though, low-sec is much MUCH more dangerous than 0.0, and the big lag-fests of 0.0 suck. It's all about skirmish warfare.

Right now I'm busy with my final days of school and just chilling logging on to change skills.
ZyklonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:39 PM   #8
Seth Whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZyklonB View Post
Yeah, I used to live in PureBlind out of a POS back when Liberty was still one of the major entities in the area then when the NC came through and IRON took PB it just wasn't worth it anymore.I lived deep in providence before that, just chilling with CVA. I prefer the dangers of low-sec though, low-sec is much MUCH more dangerous than 0.0, and the big lag-fests of 0.0 suck. It's all about skirmish warfare.

Right now I'm busy with my final days of school and just chilling logging on to change skills.
I hear you...I used to run with Ghost Festival back in the day...I would run couriers contracts through providence being flashy red to CVA so I can relate. We were low sec group out of Derelik. We had a lot of former employees in VETO too...