Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

View Poll Results: which makes a better lead vocalist in a goth band?
male 2 40.00%
female 3 60.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-28-2009, 05:54 AM   #1
locutious

Locutious's gothic band review

I recently took time to scan the local Denver scene for upcoming goth acts and I did come across a few that I feel have a bright future within the goth music scene. The band I've decided review this month was Tragic fixation. This band is new but after seeing them perform I feel they have the "it" factor which most armature bands lack. Here is a small bit my review please let me know if you would like to read more.

"Some bands transcend so many genres that they can get lost in the pigeonhole game. Such is the case with the gothic, soulful, fantasy inspired sounds of Denver's own Tragic Fixation. New wave, Industrial, goth, metal, all circling around the images of a soulful fantasy land that gives the listener a feeling of innocence but also an underlying theme of anger and sadness. By showing both a consistency and evolution of their sound and style, Tragic Fixation mystifies the listener with their blend of gothic atmospheres, hard rock energy, and sweet melodies reminiscent of the best of the '80s. From the first resonating notes leading into the pulsating synths and throbbing guitars it would seem that a new tradition in how goth/industrial music is imagined and constructed has been invented. The lead singer who goes by the stage name Ninja truly was truly a thrill to witness. Ninja's vocals merge with the songs creating a haunting soaring melodic tone which entices the listener to drift into a fantastic dreamlike trance befitting the mystical ambiance that permeates throughout the band's music. What becomes readily apparent throughout the set is that Ninja is a matured vocalist, as evidenced by such songs as the catchy and rhythmic 'What is wrong with me' and the sadly romantic 'Love in vein'. Whereas her voice would shift from malevolent to melodic shows she can focus more an actual singing without gratuitous affectations. She is no less varied than any other lead vocalist within the scene today and her voice is so sweet to listen to that it only enhances the power of the music. Credit should be given to primary songwriters Dave, Corey and Alex, who treat us to an atmospheric blend of swirling guitar melodies that will surely remind many of The Cure, augmented by layers of crystalline synthesizer pads and arpeggios that give the music a dramatic depth rarely heard in other bands."

You can catch this band on myspace and youtube

Thanks, Locutious
locutious is online now Report Post Reply With Quote
locutious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 06:51 AM   #2
Needlefeet

Shill?

shitface10lettersandstuff
Needlefeet is offline   Reply With Quote