Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 12-23-2010, 12:29 AM   #4876
Pineapple_Juice

I can't be bothered to find the original post, but it was something along the lines of "Why do girls wear makeup?!" And yet, here you are, apparently in it.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:24 AM   #4877
vindicatedxjin

Yep pineapple it had something to do with me..if I recall right.
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:22 AM   #4878
Apathy's_Child

Uggggh.

Hangovers fucking blow.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:36 AM   #4879
larry1

Looking for the imge of my new novel

I am looking for the image of my character, Emyline Stipe, for the cover of my new novel entitled "Perverse". This is a YA novel about a 19 year old second generation Goth trying to find her place in the world. She is a young, virginal, Goth princess about to learn that the myths and mysteries of her society are not only real but making their way into her life in ways she could never imagine.

I am offering $100.00 for the rights to use your image for the cover of my book which will be published this spring by Savant Books and Publishing. This is my second novel with this publisher (you can look up my credentials on Savant's website).

You will find more information on the background of the novel and the character at www.perversenovel.com (The image you find there currently is a sample only.)
I am looking for a mixture of mystery, innocence (as opposed to overt sexuality), a young woman about to dissover her inner strength.

If you think you re the image of Emyline Stipe please send your head shot to www.perversenovel.com along with your name and contact information. I will upload all the pictures onto the picture gallery page of my website. As the publication date draws near my publisher and I will select one image to be chosen for the cover. I look forward to all your submissions. Good luck and thank you.
Larry Rodness

Last edited by larry1; 12-23-2010 at 11:39 AM. Reason: won't llow email address
larry1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 02:05 PM   #4880
Saya

I forgot that I usually stress out on Christmas Eve. I had a list of baking I was asked to do, but then mom flaked out on giving me a ride to the grocery store so I have to make do with what I have, I don't know if I have enough sugar for the cupcake icing, I ran out of cupcake paper so I had to use little mini pie cups which will probably burn them, but mom can have those.

And I hope people like neon purple velvet cupcakes because I had to invent a new kind.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 02:42 PM   #4881
Saya

Ah, and my father gave me lambskin gloves. He also gave me pajamas and scarves which were really nice but now I'm stressing out on how to email him and thank him for the good stuff and explain that I won't wear lamb because he's in the habit of buying the same things over and over (He gave me pajamas last year, and he bought my brother The Goodfellas two years in a row now) but how to word it without sounding like a bitch...

Otherwise I thought it was funny, reminded me of the Simpsons episode where Homer makes that tape for Lisa. "My favourite food is CHICKEN NUGGETS." "Dad, I'm a vegetarian!" "Still? Oh, you're not going to like your other gift" *wrapped up turkey*
Old 12-24-2010, 05:39 PM   #4882
Underwater Ophelia

Why do you have to tell him?
Just accept the gift.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 06:36 PM   #4883
Saya

Again, he tends to make habits of things. Mostly I'm just anxious because we've been estranged for years and I never know what I'm going to say to earn a gracious amount of the dreaded silent treatment.

Screech is helping me calm down though.
Old 12-25-2010, 09:32 AM   #4884
ape descendant

Missing out on christmas because of the stupid flu... *do not want* grrr

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 11:25 AM   #4885
CuckooTuli

My family are watching Strictly Come Dancing, and a substantial part of me hates them for it.
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 10:39 AM   #4886
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Again, he tends to make habits of things. Mostly I'm just anxious because we've been estranged for years and I never know what I'm going to say to earn a gracious amount of the dreaded silent treatment.

Screech is helping me calm down though.
To be honest, if the relationship is difficult anyway and maintaining it is important to you, I'm with Oph on this one. Just take it, say thanks, and give it to someone else next Christmas - just consider it one less present to buy in the future. If you really can't bring yourself to give a non-veggie present on principle, just donate it to a thrift store.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 12:01 PM   #4887
carakitty

I've been light headed the past couple days. Going from sea level to mile-high can really fuck with a woman
Old 12-26-2010, 05:44 PM   #4888
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathy's_Child View Post
To be honest, if the relationship is difficult anyway and maintaining it is important to you, I'm with Oph on this one. Just take it, say thanks, and give it to someone else next Christmas - just consider it one less present to buy in the future. If you really can't bring yourself to give a non-veggie present on principle, just donate it to a thrift store.
Its not that its that important to maintain it, as bad as it sounds, I'm in the habit of burning bridges fast if someone gives me grief over little things, I just know that if I do piss him off in the littlest way we're going back to not talking and him sending passive aggressive emails on why I'm a bad daughter and I hate making people feel bad anyway. I also feel I need to correct him because if he gets me leather gloves every year from now on, isn't it just as bad as me buying them myself? And my sister took them, but it was kind of sad, he won't give her the time of day at all and she got nothing from him. I felt like it was rubbing it in her face. But the good news is I figured a way to make it sound funny, and make it clear I'm not offended.

Not the only non-vegan thing I got this year, but I'm not making a fuss over much of it. Someone knitted me big motherfucker socks, and I haven't seen the lady in years so there's no way she knew I'm vegan and honestly I was really touched she thought of me at all, let alone MADE me something, so I'm keeping them even if they might be made of wool (I have no idea, no rash yet though). I'm not sure if my ereader cover is real leather or not, it says no where on the box or the website so I really can't fault mom for that, so I said nothing and I'm using it til I figure it out or get another one, and the chocolate in my stocking I just gave to my siblings. I don't mind at all because I know mom doesn't want to read ingredients (and its my own fault, I meant to make a list of things I can eat but I forgot), and she wouldn't even think about the cover if it didn't say, I know other people don't think about these things at all if its not obvious. If she ever got me anything that had 100% LAMBSKIN emblazoned across the box I'd give her the same "Where does lambskin come from?" talk XD
Old 12-26-2010, 07:03 PM   #4889
Versus

Wow. I've never considered how much stuff isn't vegan. It must be a pain in the ass.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 07:15 PM   #4890
Saya

Plenty of stuff is, but I get that I'm used to it and know what to watch out for, but I totally get that a lot of things aren't obvious, so Christmas usually involves me redistributing chocolates and small things like that. But I SHOULD say that everyone was super cool this year about it too, and I actually had plenty to eat at my sister's house. I was vegetarian for years before I went vegan so I know everyone isn't totally used to looking out for milk in things. It was only the gloves that I feel I need to say something about.
Old 12-26-2010, 08:32 PM   #4891
Versus

It's cool that your family is so supportive, and it's cool that you understand that they'll miss some stuff. A few years ago, a relative of mine got a new job so I thought to get her a new pair of work boots. I didn't know the difference between vegan and vegetarian, but from her reaction I thought I started world war three.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:25 AM   #4892
ape descendant

My cats are insane!

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:30 PM   #4893
Underwater Ophelia

I got salmonella on Christmas.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 08:15 PM   #4894
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
I got salmonella on Christmas.
My Christmas sucked, too.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:31 PM   #4895
MergingEntropy

Winter makes me super sleepy :|
MergingEntropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:58 PM   #4896
Fruitbat

I bought Mr Bat six pairs of socks for Christmas (it's a long story).. stuffed the blighters in the washing machine (in the same wash cycle) and went to put them away and I have odd socks.

Fuck it!! I'm calling the original A - Team to sort out the sock eating monster in this house!!

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:41 AM   #4897
vindicatedxjin

I'm really frustrated. The website that I work and photograph for, has a new graphic designer. She criticizes most of my pictures and thinks she knows "style". In the past, most of our merchandise catered towards more of a woman in her thirties. But now my boss has started ordering cuter vintage, and modern items. Much like what modcloth carries. I've been editing the pictures to look very clean and I add a slight vignette to give it a more elegant effect...she hates the vignette... HATES it.

That's not really what pisses me off though.

What pisses me off, is that she criticizes my pictures yet does a HORRIBLE job with our home page. She photoshopped one of our necklaces onto a model and gave it a sparkle with flash. It looks SO FAKE. And then for our sale page she did it all in red and yellow. I'm talking a plain yellow box with big red letters. It looks like a fucking mcdonalds page. Why couldn't she have made it look classy and sleek? GAH!
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:13 AM   #4898
Still Jack

Arghhhhh my stomach is producing too much acid. Fuck my life.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:16 AM   #4899
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitbat View Post
I bought Mr Bat six pairs of socks for Christmas (it's a long story).. stuffed the blighters in the ...
This popped an image into my twisted mind of socks labeled Sunday, Monday Tuesday...and worn in the same place...for, you know...definition.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:17 AM   #4900
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Jack View Post
Arghhhhh my stomach is producing too much acid. Fuck my life.
Do you have acid reflux, too?

-Breathin, Tupac.