Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 08-14-2008, 01:59 PM   #1
blaidd_drwg

Greetings...

Hello all, I'm a native of Houston, Texas. I don't plan on filling out some list of questions, that would look very boring. But I will tell a little about myself. Or at least what I feel is need to know, which may be different from what some you think you need to know.

I'm a happily married guy to, fortunately for me, my soul mate. We have two wonderful kids, a four year old daughter, and two year old son. My kids are the Moon and Stars in my life. This is the only family I care about, the people who brought me into this world or are related to them really don't factor into my life anymore.

My wife and I share nearly all the same interests, from music and movies to our love of video games and our strong attitudes towards the rest of the world and the people in it. Probably the only time we disagree is when it comes to taking care responsibilities and procrastination. I'm constantly thinking about our responsibilities and the things we need to do, and she isn't.

The two things that take up most of my free time are playing video games and going to the movies. I don't really consider my time I spend with my kids free time. Thats Daddy Time. My daughter has absolute power over me. I have a difficult time not spoiling her. One little laugh or one little tear can effect the course of my entire day. I can waste hours just watching my kids play in the park. Sometimes I completely lose track of time when I'm playing with my kids. When I'm not spending time with my kids I play World of Warcraft or I'm fooling around with my work on the computer. The other free time, my wife and I go out about once or twice a month to the movies, Alamo Drafthouse is our usual place. I only really go to the movies to see big special effects films, Action, Sci-Fi, Horror or Fantasy stuff. I save the Drama and Comedy flicks for home when what I want to see comes out on video.

I used to enjoy reading quite a bit but that's almost impossible when you have kids. It seems like the only time I can actually sit down and read is when I know I'm going to be alone for several hours without being disturbed. When i do read, I like H.P. Lovecraft, Robert E. Howard, Stephan King, Anne Rice and anything similar. Unfortunately most of the time I just can't sit and focus long enough to really take anything lengthy in. So I read a lot of short stories or even comic books if I have anything new.

When it comes to music, I don't get to listen to it as much as I would like. I have thousands of MP3's on my computer. As soon as I get a new CD I always rip it to my computer so I can sit and listen to it while I work or whatever I'm doing on the net. I'm an artist, so when I am able to work on that, I listen to music. Generally Techno, Trance, Industrial, and even instrumental scores from movies. I don't have any specific favorite bands. I really listen to a pretty big variety of music most of the time. I can go from Nine Inch Nails or Genitoturers straight into Enya or Tori Amos. Or maybe I'll sit and listen to Johnny Cash for an hour or two and then switch to the Gladiator soundtrack. I've even got a couple soundtracks from some of my favorite video games that are actually very decent to listen to when I'm feeling creative. Probably the only kind of music I will outright refuse to listen to is R&B (what they consider it to be these days at least) or Rap. I would rather listen to four hours of Country than have to sit through two minutes of Rap.

Really for a job, I'm a Freelance Graphic Artist. That kind of work comes kinda slowly so outside of that I work as a security guard. Mostly security is fairly boring job. It only gets interesting about once or twice a month. Mostly its a lot of walking. Art is my first love of course, though sometimes I don't feel very creative. I used to write quite a bit as well, but that has tapered off some over the last few years. I get some great ideas from time to time but as I start writing them down I begin to lose it and then getting from plot point A to plot point B becomes too difficult and I lock up.

So thats about it. Anything else, I just don't feel is important enough to add here. Maybe I'll answer questions if something worthy comes up but not likely. If its not here, you don't need to know it, yet.

Oh wait the only other question I suppose I could answer is the, "Why did you join?" Sort of a silly question really. But I would have to say Curiosity. I've taken part in a number of Gothic "themed" communities in the various places I've lived. I saw the link for this one on another website and thought well hey I'll go take a look at it. So there.
blaidd_drwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 02:58 PM   #2
TurquoiseXx

Welcome go G.net blaidd! You seem like a really nice guy. I hope you enjoy it here
TurquoiseXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 10:34 AM   #3
Geoluhread

I don't know what to say.... This intro is very interesting...
You sound like a great father and an amazing human being...
I salute you...
Welcome to Gnet!!
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 10:48 AM   #4
Beowulf

Hello and welcome, hope you enjoy your time here !!!.
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 10:59 AM   #5
Tam Li Hua

Welcome to G.net! You seem pretty cool, so I hope you hang around for a bit. ^_^
Old 08-16-2008, 11:00 AM   #6
MitsyMayhem

Welcome! Nice profile, it shows a lot of work.
MitsyMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 12:01 AM   #7
metum_capere

my nephews name is Blaidd... welcome
metum_capere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 02:37 AM   #8
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Welcome

Have you heard of Dead Can Dance? the female vocalist from it was the one who sang in the credits music of The Gladiator.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 06:16 AM   #9
Underwater Ophelia

You sound like a good dad.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote