Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 10-12-2007, 05:38 PM   #51
ForgetThisLostLenore

I have to say something now.

I must agree with a lot of the people here. Maybe not so far as to say the people that think they're vampires are insane, just slightly confused. The kind of "I vant to suck your blood, ummm, psychic energy." I personally love vampires, but I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm going to live forever or that I need your blood to survive,
ForgetThisLostLenore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 05:39 PM   #52
Graveyard.Crow

I didn't say they lived forever either. I am talking about psychic vampirism, don't know about anyone else.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:40 PM   #53
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard.Crow
I did mention science, I mentioned a book. But it isn't enough for you. Maybe your mind can be changed, but I don't want to change it.
I don't need everyone to agree with me, diverse opinions are fine.
Once again, you mentioned a book, but I've never seen it.
SO OF COURSE IT'S NOT ENOUGH FOR ME!

What kind of person would I be if I COMPLETELY changed my mind about something because someone "mentioned a book?" I'd be an unstoppable idiot!
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 05:42 PM   #54
Graveyard.Crow

I know. But what if I did show you the book? are you going to tell me that it's wrong for me to assume that you would just discredit it as un useful garbage?
Old 10-12-2007, 05:46 PM   #55
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
I know. But what if I did show you the book? are you going to tell me that it's wrong for me to assume that you would just discredit it as un useful garbage?
Uh. Yeah.
It's extremely wrong of you to assume that. I'm not the kind of person that likes to pretend I'm right when I know I'm not. So if you showed me some actual facts, I'd still be skeptical, but much more open.
Maybe you should stop making assumptions.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:50 PM   #56
Graveyard.Crow

I can't show you facts because this topic is relative. The book might present some plausible arguments but when it comes to things that are somewhat of mystical nature, facts just don't cut it.
It's a choice weather you think it's bullshit or not. What I had a problem with is you thinking that anyone who DOESN'T think it is bullshit is delusional.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:52 PM   #57
Saddiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
Maybe you should stop making assumptions.
That seems to be a growing trend amongst her posts.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:52 PM   #58
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
I can't show you facts because this topic is relative. The book might present some plausible arguments but when it comes to things that are somewhat of mystical nature, facts just don't cut it.
It's a choice weather you think it's bullshit or not. What I had a problem with is you thinking that anyone who DOESN'T think it is bullshit is delusional.
Facts do cut it, mystical or not, and it's not relative.

And as for believing in vampires, I never said people who believe in psy-vampires were delusional, I said people who believe they are real life, Anne Rice/Bram Stoker/etc vampires are delusional. And in fact, they are.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:52 PM   #59
KontanKarite

Quote:
Kontan, please stop.
You sound incredibly two faced.
(don't comment on this, you wouldn't know what I mean and this isn't addressed to anyone else but him)

I understand how you could see that. Yes, there IS a bit of cattiness coming from my direction. Is it two-faced? I don't think so. I do this to all of my friends that are involved in the occult in some way. I take a very real approach to the occult, hence why I prefer Thelema and Gnosticism.

Though I have seen the workings of magick and experienced things that are somewhat unexplainable, I have YET to truly believe that there are actual vampires, fairies, and well, what have you.

And yes, I'm sorry, but you DO sort of make it out to sound like it's more of an ailment. First off, it's a need, secondly, you apparently aren't fulling "normal" unless you've fed.

Again, I'll take the pepsi challenge and would LOVE to see a vampire feed up enough prana energy to lift a car or something. A need that you have that gives you no advantage is more or less an inconvenience.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 05:53 PM   #60
Graveyard.Crow

Are you done now?
Old 10-12-2007, 05:56 PM   #61
Graveyard.Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite
I understand how you could see that. Yes, there IS a bit of cattiness coming from my direction. Is it two-faced? I don't think so. I do this to all of my friends that are involved in the occult in some way. I take a very real approach to the occult, hence why I prefer Thelema and Gnosticism.

Though I have seen the workings of magick and experienced things that are somewhat unexplainable, I have YET to truly believe that there are actual vampires, fairies, and well, what have you.

And yes, I'm sorry, but you DO sort of make it out to sound like it's more of an ailment. First off, it's a need, secondly, you apparently aren't fulling "normal" unless you've fed.

Again, I'll take the pepsi challenge and would LOVE to see a vampire feed up enough prana energy to lift a car or something. A need that you have that gives you no advantage is more or less an inconvenience.
Maybe you should find a personality that fits you and stick with it, rather than change your opinions every single day.

Please refrain from lieing to me, ever again.
Thanks.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:58 PM   #62
Graveyard.Crow

Quote:
Facts do cut it, mystical or not, and it's not relative.

And as for believing in vampires, I never said people who believe in psy-vampires were delusional, I said people who believe they are real life, Anne Rice/Bram Stoker/etc vampires are delusional. And in fact, they are.
Ok. Well then lets get things clear. I agree that no one is immortal or can fly while in their body, though I do believe in souls but that's a different issue all together.

If you don't believe psy-vampires are crazy, we REALLY have nothing to argue about.

Things are relative however. For some people simple faith or mystical occurances are fact enough to believe in lets say god. Just because something isn't physical doesn't mean it can't be real.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:02 PM   #63
ForgetThisLostLenore

I really can't say too much about people being crazy. I mean, really, I'm going to a tea party tomorrow. People can believe whatever, I'm fine just as long as they don't threaten to burn me for my beliefs.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:03 PM   #64
Graveyard.Crow

Yes, resorting to physical violence especially because of things like this are a horrible thing.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:03 PM   #65
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Things are relative however. For some people simple faith or mystical occurances are fact enough to believe in lets say god. Just because something isn't physical doesn't mean it can't be real.
It's true that something doesn't need to be physical in order to be real, but there are right and wrong beliefs. Just because someone believes something doesn't make it true.

For example, I can believe with all my heart that you are a male. However, in reality, you have a cervix, vagina, fallopian tubes, and XX chromosomes. You are female, and my belief would be incorrect. Me believing it doesn't make it true.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:04 PM   #66
KontanKarite

Who's supposed to be done?

I actually find this topic rather interesting.

Old 10-12-2007, 06:04 PM   #67
Saddiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgetThisLostLenore
I really can't say too much about people being crazy. I mean, really, I'm going to a tea party tomorrow. People can believe whatever, I'm fine just as long as they don't threaten to burn me for my beliefs.
A tea party you say?? What kind of tea party?
Old 10-12-2007, 06:06 PM   #68
ForgetThisLostLenore

But you can't go up to people and tell them that their beliefs are all wrong. It's wrong from your view, not theirs. Everyone has different views and beliefs, and no one should dictate what is wrong or right. I'm not going to tell someone that their belief in God is wrong, just because it isn't my particular belief.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:07 PM   #69
ForgetThisLostLenore

A tea party without tea, which i thought doesn't quite fit, but my friend really wanted to make kinder punsch (sp?) and I deal. But we have Nightmare before Christmas and little finger sandwiches, so I'm good.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:12 PM   #70
KontanKarite

Quote:
Maybe you should find a personality that fits you and stick with it, rather than change your opinions every single day.

Please refrain from lieing to me, ever again.
Thanks.

Not to go off on a tangent, but why should my personality be predictable? I have yet, to what I understand so far, betrayed you. I'm not even in the position to do so.

Yes, you're a psychic vampire. Good and good. I'll give anything the benefit of the doubt, but at the same time, my understanding of it is that it's more of an inconvenience. At the end of the day, be we fey, vampire, elf, ect, we ARE human beings. Nothing more. Nothing more until death and THEN we may be lucky enough to know that we are gods.

Don't call me a liar. I don't appreciate it. I think I have been as real and forward with you as I have with everyone else. If you find me abrasive, that's your perception. I am really only talking to you.

Old 10-12-2007, 06:20 PM   #71
Saddiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgetThisLostLenore
A tea party without tea, which i thought doesn't quite fit, but my friend really wanted to make kinder punsch (sp?) and I deal. But we have Nightmare before Christmas and little finger sandwiches, so I'm good.
Sounds like fun
Old 10-12-2007, 06:24 PM   #72
Graveyard.Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite
Not to go off on a tangent, but why should my personality be predictable? I have yet, to what I understand so far, betrayed you. I'm not even in the position to do so.

Yes, you're a psychic vampire. Good and good. I'll give anything the benefit of the doubt, but at the same time, my understanding of it is that it's more of an inconvenience. At the end of the day, be we fey, vampire, elf, ect, we ARE human beings. Nothing more. Nothing more until death and THEN we may be lucky enough to know that we are gods.

Don't call me a liar. I don't appreciate it. I think I have been as real and forward with you as I have with everyone else. If you find me abrasive, that's your perception. I am really only talking to you.
Your personality doesn't have to be predictable, what I have a problem with is you changing your mind whenever someone doesn't agree. With me personally you said one thing, and now that you heard other people you chose it best to go along with the pact.
Sorry, but if that's predictable then so be it. I would rather it be that way, than have to guess what you REALLY think behind what you say.

Notice how I am avoiding everything else you say. This is because I don't appreciate you revealing things about me that were very very private. Thanks buddy.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:36 PM   #73
Underwater Ophelia

So that's why you're so defensive.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:39 PM   #74
Graveyard.Crow

Quote:
So that's why you're so defensive.
*sigh*
Just leave it.
That wasn't even for you.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:48 PM   #75
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
*sigh*
Just leave it.
That wasn't even for you.
I know.
And I'm sorry for that last comment, that was in bad taste.