Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 07-25-2007, 04:19 PM   #26
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

Dickery: I think you meant they WOULDN'T get it, Cyntrox.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:49 PM   #27
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinstripesAndPithHelmets
My money says the Spaniards get it all. They've got Caravels and those nifty tin hats that curve up at the ends. All they'll have to do is convince the penguins and seals that they are the long awaited, pale-skinned gods of legend and the day will belong to Espana!
Uh Penguins are on the south pole. Now bow down before me mortal!

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 05:20 PM   #28
Lapin

(grins) Did you know polar bears eat penguins?
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 05:32 PM   #29
Renatus

No polar bears do not eat penguins, it is psycopathic killers with polar bears that eat penguins.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 07-25-2007, 05:34 PM   #30
Lapin

(groan) Did you get the joke at least?
Old 07-25-2007, 05:38 PM   #31
Renatus

Yep the polar bear uses more energy than it gains by eating the penguin due to it's long swim from the north pole to the south.

Old 07-25-2007, 05:43 PM   #32
Lapin

(laughs) Yes, that's it exactly!
Old 07-25-2007, 06:08 PM   #33
ArtificialOne

Haha!!! White house press conference? Typical left spin. If anyone has a differing view of the radical left or talking heads on an issue you're immediately deemed to be using whitehouse talking points or trying to make things seem rosey than they are. Here's an idea, how about you not have a view that follows goose step with the left for a change?

You probably want us to march into Darfur too. But don't want us to be in Iraq (nevermind all the document human rights violations that occured there pre-invasion). I don't want to be in Iraq either. I'll be happy when the leftist econuts stop arguing over anwar and let us drill there and off our coasts so we can give the middle east the finger. I will apllaud the day when the over exagerated oil reserve dry up in Saudia Arabia and elsewhere and it turns back into camel shepards and sheep herders. Dust to dust and all that. I wasn't for invading Iraq, but since we're there, we should try to mop up and at least make sure they have the tools to get started. We are making progress with the troop surge (which all the dems said before that, we need more troops and now want them withdrawn). Go to the Blackfive.net and check some of the real stories coming out of Iraq, and not the huge defeatist spin put on the news by the major networks and brainwashing left faction in our country.

Yes, germany is often used as the example. People forget how hard it was to purge the Nazi insurgents and bands of looters right after the war (that took a long time). For those facts it's a good example. A good idea if people so choosen to take the current path in Iraq as we are now, should have been done post gulf war. Why? Because there were way more people in the country ready to uprise and topple him then. We were told to stop by the UN and Opec and a league of others while we were chasing saddams army down the road. In fact they started to rise up when we stopped and turned around. What happened? All those people rose up and showed their faces, next day, Saddam sent in his Republican gaurd forces and killed them all. So right now, no ones left pretty much.

But nevermind the fact that the surge is working, despite the Iraqi govts malaise and the people on the left wanting to turn tail and run because the worlds to tough of a place and people have been taught, (indoctrinated) that it's ok to fail and there's nothing wrong with it. They've been taught that any life is too high to sacrifice for anything. So, tada! The boomerang generation of obese kids intent on living at home till they are 35 and not willing to give up cell phone service to pay a car payment or hold a job for more than a month. What does this have to do with Iraq and your insult? It shows why there are so many crybabies in the world right now.

So since you tried to make this personal, I'll throw my own insult since you were so kind:

Stop reguritating the same old left spin of defeat, and doom and gloom. If you had a brain and not just the part that controls autonomous functions (the brain stem). You might see past the childish view of yours and get a clue. Or you can get behind Micheal Moore and goose step march back to your la la land of forcing your views on others.

“More persons, on the whole, are humbugged by believing in nothing, than by believing too much”
P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
http://www.myspace.com/lifeasartificial
ArtificialOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 06:09 PM   #34
ArtificialOne

Oh, Russia can do whatever it wants as long as it won't interfere with me getting Taco Bell after work.

“More persons, on the whole, are humbugged by believing in nothing, than by believing too much”
P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
Old 07-25-2007, 06:14 PM   #35
ArtificialOne

And penguins make funny noises at night. On Kangaroo Island in Australia there is a penguin center in Penneshaw. Those critters are all over the place on the beach at night.. It'd be fun to release those on an unsuspecting group of sleeping people.

P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
Old 07-25-2007, 06:59 PM   #36
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialOne
Haha!!! White house press conference? Typical left spin. If anyone has a differing view of the radical left or talking heads on an issue you're immediately deemed to be using whitehouse talking points or trying to make things seem rosey than they are.
Sort of like declaring tallying the operations in Iraq as a "win," eh?

Quote:
. I don't want to be in Iraq either. I'll be happy when the leftist econuts stop arguing over anwar and let us drill there and off our coasts so we can give the middle east the finger. I will apllaud the day when the over exagerated oil reserve dry up in Saudia Arabia and elsewhere and it turns back into camel shepards and sheep herders. Dust to dust and all that.
Do you really think it's going to be that simple? Do you think that, if we do ever manage to break our dependance on middle eastern oil, that they're going to throw down their arms and let bygones be bygones? Do you know what the definition of "naive" is?

Quote:
Yes, germany is often used as the example. People forget how hard it was to purge the Nazi insurgents and bands of looters right after the war (that took a long time). For those facts it's a good example.
So you're saying that all instances of political instability and violent insurgency are exactly alike? You honestly can't see any differences between the two situations, regardless of the fact that I cited at least three in my previous post? That's the kind of mentality that gets America into trouble. Winning World War II gave us a Big Dick complex, and that complex has given us nothing but trouble. McCarthyism, anyone?

Quote:
But nevermind the fact that the surge is working, despite the Iraqi govts malaise and the people on the left wanting to turn tail and run because the worlds to tough of a place and people have been taught, (indoctrinated) that it's ok to fail and there's nothing wrong with it. They've been taught that any life is too high to sacrifice for anything. So, tada! The boomerang generation of obese kids intent on living at home till they are 35 and not willing to give up cell phone service to pay a car payment or hold a job for more than a month. What does this have to do with Iraq and your insult? It shows why there are so many crybabies in the world right now.
This, right here, is why I personally attacked you. You're a fucking imbecile. Who are you to talk shit about personal sacrifice? And, furthermore, who are you to tell anyone else what they should view as worthy of sacrifice?

Cellphones? Car payments? What the fuck does any of that have to do with the fact that people I know are getting shot at because the government is too proud to admit that they fucked up, and too corrupt to take a stand that would contradict big business?

Quote:
Stop reguritating the same old left spin of defeat, and doom and gloom. If you had a brain and not just the part that controls autonomous functions (the brain stem). You might see past the childish view of yours and get a clue. Or you can get behind Micheal Moore and goose step march back to your la la land of forcing your views on others.
Kind of like introducing a democratic system into a nation at gunpoint?

Positive thinking won't get us out of this one, Beav. This is a classic small war, characteristic of 19th Century imperialism. It'll be ten years before we stabilize Iraq, if we're lucky. How many times have our "troop surges," or some other equally inane buzz term, been successful and promised us a speedy victory? More times than I can remember. Lies weary me; you, apparently, don't suffer from that shortcoming.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:19 PM   #37
ArtificialOne

You made my point.
Thankyou

Talking points: Imperialism, gunpoint, big business, etc.

Yes, I believe the romans said it best. Insurgencies are best dealt with brutally.

And yes, I make the accusation that many don't know what sacrifice is, even at the small scale. I have personally made sacrifices, not just giving up my cell phone (it's an example you dumbass). Real sacrifice like putting your life on hold for something else for more than a few minutes(another example da). I give the example of sacrifice because when the going gets tuff these days people seem to start crying and run away to quit. So what if something doesn't go the way it's planned or takes longer than expected. Does that mean you should just quit? Babies.

Positive thinking? Where was I positive in my post? I simply make a conclusion based on other information supplied by real people on the ground fighting and not some overpaid media head or some left wing nut site sponsored by George Sorros.

BTW, Who am I to talk about personal sacrifice. I've proven myself you dipshit. I've travelled around the world and have served in the army. I was a 63Bravo. Look it up pee wee. And yes, I'd be right in the service again if it wasn't for my fiancee who's now serving also ( she asked me not to re-enlist). When you stop caring more about your simplistic Left wing and false caring bs you like to spew, give me a call.

P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
Old 07-25-2007, 07:27 PM   #38
ArtificialOne

Oh yeah lets see, giving your life to better others, or giving up your donut to have a soda. That's the kind of sacrifice that I'm talking about.

And yes, letting the mideast slip and not using there oil would cut over 90% of the gdp for over 90% of those countries. Have you been there? Other than some simple mining and crops, it's like the brochures say, Desert. SO if people like you, wouldn't fund people like hezbollah and palestinian so called peace groups, they wouldn't have alot of funds or support to come after us. Yes, they've been waring for centuries and more amongst themselves.

And where did I spin whitehouse propaganda smart guy? I took observations from first hand persons and drew my own conclusions. Maybe if you'd stop listening to the "No blood for Oil" and "Bush lied people Died" crowd. And did some of your own research maybe you cna have an intelligent point of view. If not get behind Stern and get your paychecks from Sorros.

Check out this MR Loser
http://www.blackfive.net/

P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
Old 07-25-2007, 07:36 PM   #39
ArtificialOne

Oh, and who am I to tell people what to sacrifice? Well for one, all those who enlisted, enlisted to win and do a job for there country. Not to play as a pawn in a defeat/retreat/cry strategem of the left. Remember that Bush asked for authorization for war, the congress had to vote for it. They saw all the same info as the pres, if they didn't think it was ok, they shouldn't have voted. If they were really interested in pulling out they can cut funding. Have they, no. Have they even wrote up a bill? No.

And I'm not talking about you sacrificing, I know you wouldn't even save your mom if you had to. I'm talking about those who have and those who will. Because you're nothing. You claim to have this grand opinion, but will do nothing but scream to make it heard and not do anything to back it up or prove it. You cry and complain. Just like a kid. Have you even voted? Have you even volunteered for anything other than your selfish needs. I don't care what others think. I only value opinions from people who have lived life and done things that give them rank so to speak in society. Sound Elite? Oh well. I don't care to much for pc bs. When you're staring at death daily it isn't going to be polite to you and respect your opinion. That's why the onbly opinion on the Iraq thing I respect is those on the ground.

Hooah!!!
http://www.blackfive.net/

P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
Old 07-25-2007, 07:42 PM   #40
Saddiction

Quote:
I know you wouldn't even save your mom if you had to... Because you're nothing.
Are those cheapshot insults really relavant to this debate? I don't think so.

Edit: To rephrase, are those cheapshots necessary? Or do you only feel that they are necessary because he happens to hold a different view point than you do? Holding different views does not measure ones worth.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:44 PM   #41
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

Quote:
You made my point.
Thankyou

Talking points: Imperialism, gunpoint, big business, etc.
What would you call Halliburton, a mom-and-pop operation? My comparison of our current situation to those of the 19th century is certainly more sensible than stacking it up against post-WWII Germany. World War II cannot be effectively used as a yardstick against this war (or any of our other wars, for that matter) as it is a total historical aberration.

And while we're on the subject of Imperialism, didn't you yourself just make a comparison to the Roman Empire?

V

Quote:
Yes, I believe the romans said it best. Insurgencies are best dealt with brutally.
Dulce Bellum Inexpertis.

Quote:
And yes, I make the accusation that many don't know what sacrifice is, even at the small scale. I have personally made sacrifices, not just giving up my cell phone (it's an example you dumbass). Real sacrifice like putting your life on hold for something else for more than a few minutes(another example da). I give the example of sacrifice because when the going gets tuff these days people seem to start crying and run away to quit. So what if something doesn't go the way it's planned or takes longer than expected. Does that mean you should just quit? Babies.
So we should hold out until the last man? This isn't the Battle of Britain, the security of the nation isn't on the line, and since when does extricating oneself from a clusterfuck become a bad thing?

What do you call a man who continues going down a path that will lead to his ultimate destruction simply because he previously decided to follow said path?

An idiot, that's what.

Quote:
BTW, Who am I to talk about personal sacrifice. I've proven myself you dipshit. I've travelled around the world and have served in the army. I was a 63Bravo. Look it up pee wee. And yes, I'd be right in the service again if it wasn't for my fiancee who's now serving also ( she asked me not to re-enlist). When you stop caring more about your simplistic Left wing and false caring bs you like to spew, give me a call.
And I suppose the fact that you were in the military at some point justifies letting our troops be picked off slowly so you can satisfy your own fucked up code of honor? Tell that to the families who lost their loved ones. I'm sure they'll join you in waving the flag. Explain to them why it is their children had to die. Hell, explain it to me. I'm still a little fuzzy on the issue, myself.

Sell jingo crazy elsewhere, cause I've had my fill. We're obviously not going to convince each other to change our minds, so this will be my last post on the subject. I'm flip-floppin' my way out of this argument.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:47 PM   #42
ArtificialOne

No, but I'll take a childish stance on this one and say yeah!

I jus get a little fed up with the goose step left diatribes I hear spewed around. Especially if an opposing view is squashed in such a vile way. Apparently he was insulted by something I said (his failing). Feeling mean and vindictive like I usually am (not to mention bored shitless) I decided to do a multipost rant of sorts. Sorry for the collateral dammage to anyone in the area.

P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
Old 07-25-2007, 07:51 PM   #43
KontanKarite

Jesus Christ, give it a rest.

So the Republicans fucked it up. To hell with it. Let the Democrates try.
When they fuck it up too, you guys can just keep on trying.

AO, I respect you as one who served and such as I too have served. But not everyone is cut out to fight this war. Sacrifice something for something that's worth it. Who are you to tell us were our values should lie?

As for the lefties, what makes you so damn sure everything is going to be A-OK after we pull out like you want to?

I see two opposing sides trying to tell others where their loyalties should lie. No respect for the common guy, eh?

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 08:04 PM   #44
ArtificialOne

Wow, flip flopping.. sounds like a Kerry thing. As I said, you don't understand. Cindy Sheehan is not the norm. Have you even talked to families or seen families (other than on tv) who's lost ones in wars (from ww2 to present)? Didn't think so. It's honorable to serve your country whether you think that or not. Sometimes jobs have to be finished, once again, whether you like them or not. We're not talking rebuilding cars here. And Haliburton..omg!!! Know the facts, Unfortunatley they are only one of two or three companies in the world that can do that kind of oil work. They are in Australia, south asia, everywhere. Plus, they were given more no bid contracts under the Clintonistas than Bush gave them. One again. Try to scream BIG BUSINESS to scare people. Still trying to debunk the ww2 thing huh? Well, it's a good example of a well dug in enemy. (Period) Leftists hate the use of ww2 as an example because the brutal force used to kill the enemy was effective and doesn't fit into their idealized pc view of Kumbaya. I apologize if the worlds to harsh for you. And becuase I served in the service give me a better perspective of what soldiers think. And not some desk jockey trying to sway public opinion. And so if I qouted Sun Tzu, what would that make me? I find your arguments to be childlike and futile. I'm not trying to convert you. I just want some people to get a differen view other than an extreme "America is the enemy" and "Great Satan" garbage that gets spewed from the mouths of people like you. You see stuff on the news and hear the pundits speak and make your opinion. Good for you. Some of us live in the real world and talk to people who do those things you see in the news that get twisted when they are reported. So go ahead and chant the slogans and pass out your leaflets of missinformation. Believe whatever you want, that's why we came here in the first place, and people died and kept fighting even though at the begining and after years it seemed hopeless. (whoops, there's that history thing again, don't want to compare hard fought battles that were worth it or anything, might seem imperialistic or I don't know, a good example).

Enjoy the freedom that our forefathers paved in blood. (yes, we didn't talk the english into submission)

So with that, it's my last post(about this). and to give it all cred in this thread. Russia can do what they want!!!! More power to them, especially since Putin will prolly not leave when his term is up.

P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
Old 07-25-2007, 08:07 PM   #45
ArtificialOne

Sorry Kontan, I can't promise that it won't happen again, but I'll try.

So how many journalists has putin had assinated this year? 3?

P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
Old 07-25-2007, 08:29 PM   #46
KontanKarite

Quote:
Sorry Kontan, I can't promise that it won't happen again, but I'll try.

So how many journalists has putin had assinated this year? 3?
I really wouldn't know. It's not really forgivable, but I gave up on News after reading Stars and Stripes all the fucking time. Depressing as hell.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 12:13 AM   #47
Drake Dun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Dun
Humanity should have stuck to jumping and screaming and flinging shit. Know your talents.
It was a moment of bitterness, guys. I didn't expect anyone to actually follow that advice.

Drake
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 06:54 AM   #48
ArtificialOne

Poo flinging is good entertainment in some circles...lmao!

P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
Old 07-26-2007, 09:53 AM   #49
Lapin

I don't like this war. I live on a base, and watching all the people going to Iraq breaks my heart. Seeing grown men and women cry while they say good-bye before getting on that bus can kill you.

Anyway, Putin is an idiot. If he tears apart the Arctic, what does he think is going to happen to the global weather?
Old 08-03-2007, 03:28 AM   #50
CptSternn

http://news.**********/s/nm/20070802...lISwk1t_Cs0NUE

Russian sub plants flag under North Pole

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russian explorers dived deep below the North Pole in a submersible on Thursday and planted a national flag on the seabed to stake a symbolic claim to the energy riches of the Arctic.

A mechanical arm dropped a specially made rust-proof titanium flag onto the Arctic seabed at a depth of 4,261 meters (13,980 ft) under the surface, Itar-Tass news agency quoted expedition officials as saying.

"The exploration that has taken place in the Arctic over the past 15 years, made possible because of the receding ice cap, has given very positive indications of substantial structures, particularly natural gas structures," Weafer said.

First in space, now first to the Arctic seabed. The irony is the only reason they could finally make it there was the polar ice cap was melted, due to all the emissions.

The bush administration removed all protections, increasing pollution exponentially, and played a major factor in this.

Of course, according to the bush administration, it's all theoretical, so don't worry. The Russians are only are only theoretically there because global warming is only theoretical.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote