Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 04-17-2006, 11:38 PM   #1526
Pathogen.

BEOWULF: No matter how many times I see it, I doubt I'll ever get tired of the Francis Ford Coppola remake of "Dracula". This was clearly Gary Oldman's best role. Same goes for Winona Ryder. Keanu Reeves looked fucking lost in his role of Jonathan Harker; he appeared as if he didn't know what to do or what film he was in. Whoever played Lucy, she was hella hot! [Don't mind me, I have a thing for pale, redheaded women.]
Pathogen. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 11:45 PM   #1527
Pathogen.

Two.

*Detroit Rock City [1999]. [That flick had me rolling! From start to finish! Reminded me of my Metalhead days in high school. Oh, yeah--and my girl Natasha Lyonne is in this. She looks/sounds almost exactly like my ex-girlfriend Vikki. My favourite lines: TRIP:"Your outfit says 'disco' but your eyes say 'rock 'n' roll'. STELLA: "Your belt buckle says 'rock 'n' roll, but your breath says 'pepperoni', baby".]

*Cape Fear [1991]. Directed by Martin Scorcese. [Remake of an early 1960s Film-noir classic. The musical score from the original film is here, too.]
Old 04-18-2006, 01:27 AM   #1528
Engulfed_in_darkness

I just saw Salem's Lot on TV.
Engulfed_in_darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 03:23 AM   #1529
succubus,queenofvampires

I'm watching 24, season 3. I started watching it a long time ago, and now I'm finishing it.
succubus,queenofvampires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 03:39 AM   #1530
Morrigan_Dubh

I watched "The Fog of War: Eleven Lessons from the Life of Robert S. McNamara" last night.

It's basically a long, indepth, and very moving interview with Robert McNamara, who was the US Secretary of Defence during the Kennedy and Johnson administrations.

The guy is 86 years old in the documentary (filmed in 2003) and on camera was still very sharp, articulate, and driven. The stock footage of World War 1 and 2 and Vietnam are interlaced with compelling interview footage (the man comes to the verge of tears on 2 or 3 occasions, but never looks away from the camera. He almost won the staring competition with me - it's hard to see an dignified old man in such an emotional state), as McNamara describes how close the world came to Nuclear war during the Bay of Pigs incident, and how the US fire bombed Tokyo - destroying over half of the city and its citizens in the process - and how the Lyndon Johnson pushed for the escalation of the Vietnam war. And admitting that if the allies had lost WW2, he would have been considered a war criminal.

Watch this film.
Old 04-18-2006, 12:19 PM   #1531
Beowulf

Cool

Pathogen, The actress who played `Lucy` in `Bram Stokers Dracula` was played by Sadie Frost .

Detroit Rock City, Rawks!!!, I love that film.

"Jam: Hey what's up mom? I'm gonna ask you this nicely first. Can i have my drumsticks back?

Mrs. Bruce: Your drumsticks are the least of your worries young man. You ran out on God! My son just ran out on God! You are in a world of...

Jam: TROUBLE! I've been in trouble for the past 12 hours! HELLO? You know I'm going to be in St. Bernards Boarding School for the next 2 years. I'm gonna be out of your hair until I'm a legal adult! And then all YOU have to do is is light a candle, pray to some stupid little statue for me and all is forgiven and forgotten, right mom? Then you can spend your days in a guilt free pursuit of more constructive activities like telling people how screwed up their lives are. And then you no longer need the patience and understanding required to talk to your own son on some normal plain. And then that way you don't have to think about how tough it was for you when you were growing up and its a good thing too cause if you did, you'd realize what a lousy, goddam shitty-ass parent you are.

Mrs. Bruce: Jeremiah what has gotten into you?

Jam: I JUST LOST MY VIRGINITY IN A CONFESSIONAL BOOTH! LORD HAVE MERCY! Now for the last time, Mom, give me back my fucking drumsticks... please. " IMDB

Detroit Rock City is an absolute classic!!!.
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 11:52 PM   #1532
Pathogen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan_Dubh
I watched "The Fog of War: Eleven Lessons from the Life of Robert S. McNamara" last night.

It's basically a long, indepth, and very moving interview with Robert McNamara, who was the US Secretary of Defence during the Kennedy and Johnson administrations.

The guy is 86 years old in the documentary (filmed in 2003) and on camera was still very sharp, articulate, and driven. The stock footage of World War 1 and 2 and Vietnam are interlaced with compelling interview footage (the man comes to the verge of tears on 2 or 3 occasions, but never looks away from the camera. He almost won the staring competition with me - it's hard to see an dignified old man in such an emotional state), as McNamara describes how close the world came to Nuclear war during the Bay of Pigs incident, and how the US fire bombed Tokyo - destroying over half of the city and its citizens in the process - and how the Lyndon Johnson pushed for the escalation of the Vietnam war. And admitting that if the allies had lost WW2, he would have been considered a war criminal.

Watch this film.
MORRIGAN: I always wanted to see this documentary!
Old 04-19-2006, 11:57 PM   #1533
Pathogen.

"Salt Of the Earth" [1954]. [A classic pro-union film, performed with a majority of real salt mine workers, union-members & their children. Banned & blacklisted in its time because the director was 1 of the "Hollywood Ten". Also Noam Chomsky's favourite film.]
Old 04-20-2006, 12:32 AM   #1534
Magpie_Tendencies

"My Harvey lights a candle".

It was really slow to start, making the beginning very dull. The ending was sort of obvious but I liked the movie anyway.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:45 AM   #1535
Morrigan_Dubh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathogen.
MORRIGAN: I always wanted to see this documentary!
Find it on DVD and watch it! You won't regret it. It's very moving.
McNamara really conveys how close the world came to nuclear war during the Kennedy era.
The hairs on the back of neck were standing on end throughout the entire film!
Old 04-20-2006, 04:46 AM   #1536
Morrigan_Dubh

Quote:
"Salt Of the Earth" [1954]. [A classic pro-union film, performed with a majority of real salt mine workers, union-members & their children. Banned & blacklisted in its time because the director was 1 of the "Hollywood Ten". Also Noam Chomsky's favourite film.]
Naom Chomsky's favourite film? Interesting. But what did you think of it?
Old 04-20-2006, 10:33 AM   #1537
Phayte

Hostel

It has to be one of the worst movies i've seen. Bad acting. It was slow and no where near enough torture and gore to go along with the idea of the movie.
~William Shakespeare
Phayte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 10:57 AM   #1538
Draconysius

The last film I saw was 'Brokeback Mountain'. It was an interesting and emotional film, but too lengthy and tiring to watch immediately again. It was very tender at times, and at times very disappointing. I dislike the fact that the two main characters were drawn into the relationship by sex; it outputs the wrong impression of homosexual men.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 10:59 AM   #1539
CreepyTendencies

Critters - Classic cheese.
CreepyTendencies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 05:16 PM   #1540
SuicideJade

Talking

i've been catching up..
Memoirs of a Geisha *loooooove*
Jarhead *meh*
Hitchiker's Guide to the galaxy *uh, 42?*
An Unfinished Life *tears*
Hitch *ok*
Sideways *meh*
Saw 2 *bwahahahaha!*
Brokeback Mountain *why did they kill him? fucking bastards!*
tonight is The honeymooners and Laws of atraction

Last edited by SuicideJade; 04-20-2006 at 05:20 PM. Reason: edited because jade is rushing as always.. 17 minutes left on my timer
SuicideJade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 11:48 PM   #1541
Pathogen.

Bound [1996]. Written & directed by The Wackowski Bros. [Half-Gay flick, half-Neo-Noir.]
Old 04-21-2006, 03:33 AM   #1542
Morrigan_Dubh

Quote:
Bound [1996]. Written & directed by The Wackowski Bros. [Half-Gay flick, half-Neo-Noir.]

Half-gay...?

I watched "The Shadow of the Vampire" last night. Very cool and quirky flick. Willem Defoe was a pure joy to watch. He was creepy and freaky and adorable as Nosferatu! I loved it, even though the pace was a bit stilted, but Defoe (and Malkovich and Izzard) almost completely compensated for that. I recommend it.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:14 PM   #1543
Beowulf

Cool

The Devil Rides Out (1968, Directed by Terence Fisher)

The Duc de Richlieu and his friend Rex discover their young charge Simon has fallen in with the powers of Darkness and is about to be baptised into the service of evil. The Duc is fortunately versed in such matters and finds himself locked in a duel with the deadly Mocata, disciple of the left-hand path. IMDB

Classic Hammer Horror!.

Old 04-21-2006, 12:35 PM   #1544
Cambodian Breakfast

Hostel. Good gore. Not so good on the plot. There are lots of plot gaps.
Cambodian Breakfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 05:07 PM   #1545
lena

House of Nine (seemed like a knock off of saw, but was good anyway)

Constantine (almost made me want to quit smoking, almost)

Jugular Wine (Worst piece of crap I have ever rented, It made me want to pull my eyeballs out with a fork, and roast them like marshmallows.)
Old 04-22-2006, 01:33 PM   #1546
Beowulf

Cool The ultimate underground movie. It will leave you legless!

Tremors (1990, Directed by Ron Underwood)

Natives of a small isolated town, defend themselves against strange underground creatures which are killing them one by one. IMDB

This film has all the ingredients of a classic monster film, it rules !!!.

Old 04-22-2006, 03:11 PM   #1547
SuicideJade

tonight is Hotel Rwanda
Batman Begins
Soldier's girl
Darkness
and for later.. a bellydancing tutorial ^_^
Old 04-23-2006, 05:00 PM   #1548
A Simple Poet

I watched Mary Shelley's Frankenstein the other day with Branagh, DeNiro, and H.B. Carter. I really liked how it was mostly true to the book, but bringing back the girl from the dead was a bridge too far - and also unfaithful to the book.

I also watched Ed Wood today, and though I am a big Burton and Depp fan, I was not terribly impressed.

My name is Will ... and I'm back from a glorious feeding.

Will on Facebook ... Identify yourself because I'm a proud, Facebook, recluse.
A Simple Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 03:36 AM   #1549
Morrigan_Dubh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beowulf
Tremors (1990, Directed by Ron Underwood)

Natives of a small isolated town, defend themselves against strange underground creatures which are killing them one by one. IMDB

This film has all the ingredients of a classic monster film, it rules !!!.
I love this film! B movie -alicious
Old 04-24-2006, 06:49 AM   #1550
marianne faithfull

I last watched Invocation of My Demon Brother it is a extremely good film I liked that film a lot.
marianne faithfull is offline   Reply With Quote