Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 08-18-2010, 12:25 PM   #76
vindicatedxjin

Thankies thankies ^^ The red is starting fade already though I'm going to have to re dye it ugh......

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:40 PM   #77
ape descendant

Red doesn't stay in my hair very well any more... That's why I usually go with black.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:08 PM   #78
vindicatedxjin

Thing is, this the first time I've had it red...and I really love it. I always either had it blue black or my natural brown. The black had a bad rep for fading fast.

Bring Kontan Back
Old 08-27-2010, 02:29 PM   #79
honeythorn

I'm feeling... tentatively positive. I've decided to make myself a 7 year plan.

I now have my full time permanent job, and so long as nothing goes wrong with the company or life in general, I will for the moment assume that I will have this job for at least the next 7 years. And I'm hoping to get a little weekend job for extra cash as well.

So, Sometime in the next couple of weeks, I will set up a long term ISA account with my bank ( I am due to make an appointment to see someone there who will explain all the different types I could have and so on ). Into this account I plan to deposit £250-350 every month. The average will be £300 hopefully. Chucking 300 quid into that account for 7 years will mean I will have £21,000 by the time I'm 35. I'm hoping that will be enough for a deposit on a place of my own, but that will depend on what the rules and times are like then.

Before anyone asks why I am still living at home, well frankly I've had VERY bad luck with jobs my whole life, . I've been made redundant 3 times, laid off due to lack of work in the company, all sorts of shit.

It's pretty fucking expensive to private rent, and there is not a chance in hell the council would give me even a duplex flat, as being a "single" person with no children and not being in a crowded living environment, I am at the absolute bottom of the priority pile for housing. There are around 4 million people above me on the waiting list.

I can't get a place with friends, as all my friends are married with homes of their own, and even if they were not, sharing and paying rent with a friend or two is really no different to living at home, I just happen to be related to the people I'm living with
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 07:24 PM   #80
Saya

Nothing inherently wrong living with parents, just depends on the relationship. I'd never personally be able to do it ever again, my mom and I both have anxiety disorders and when we're together for a length of time we make each other worse. I honestly wonder if I would have that problem at all if it wasn't for her. That and I'd never be able to bring a man home or stay out late. But I have friends still who live with parents who pay rent and get their own groceries so as you say its a lot like having roommates with the benefit of them being parents XD

Anyway, I'm feeling extremely excited and elated. Tomorrow's my last day at work! WOOT! Its going to be a long day, so I'm staying up all night making cupcakes for everyone.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 07:25 PM   #81
the-nihilist

I'm feeling sober.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:41 PM   #82
Underwater Ophelia

shesbeautifulshesbeautifulshesbeautiful.

My mind is reeling.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:16 PM   #83
carakitty

New babybat in the family, UO?

I'm feeling happy the weekend is here, and am hoping to accomplish lots of sleeping.

I'm also currently feeling unsure of whether I want to restock the liquor stash now, or force myself to be good and wait until the week of animal care at school and then finals is over. It would be interesting to see how I react if I don't have any alcoholic consumption for two weeks.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:26 PM   #84
vindicatedxjin

As high as a kite...and full of chick fil a.

Bring Kontan Back
Old 08-27-2010, 10:41 PM   #85
Saya

Sleeeeepy. But I still have to make frosting for the lemon gem cupcakes I'm bringing into work! I already finished the coconut heaven ones. Let no one say that I am not a good coworker.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 12:10 AM   #86
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by carakitty View Post
New babybat in the family, UO?
\
I'm sorry, do you think I'd defile my body with a disgusting baby?
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 04:17 AM   #87
Fruitbat

Honeythorn - I never had an issue with my parents -it was my sister who I had problems with. I say good on ya.
Saya Yum!! can I come to your work and scoff the cupcakes - I really miss that about work - the morning teas.

I still have this crappy, stupid cold. It's heading to my chest, so I'm going to be a wheezy little gym-deprived shithead for the next week. I'd change my name to grumpybat if I could

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 06:55 AM   #88
Ben Lahnger

I'm feeling pretty drained. I've run out of the medications for my Psoriatic Arthritus a while ago and it's starting to catch up with me. So besides the aches and pain that comes with it, I'm starting to feel an increasing lack of energy. Like right now I'm wishing someone would come in and make a fresh pot of coffee for me. ... Oh, I'll get up and do it, but I don't feel like it.

I have noticed that being on the Atkins diet helps the symptoms (YAY!) and that drinking alcohol exacerbates the symptoms (BOO!). Since Atkins doesn't really allow much alcohol, that's not really much of a conflict, but with football season coming I had been planning on allowing myself to cheat for a few beers on Sundays while watching the Packer games. Oh well ...

(And for those who might feel concerned ... yes, I'm aware of the nutritional shortcomings of an Atkins diet and am taking supplements.)

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 07:59 AM   #89
Ben Lahnger

I've got a heating pad on my left wrist, I've made a fresh pot of coffee and in a few minutes I'm going to enjoy the fresh-made-from-scratch chocolate flax meal muffin I just pulled out of the microwave, so I feel better.

Life am good.

Chocolate Muffin in a Minute

allowed on Atkins Induction level

Serving Size: 1

1/4 cup flax meal
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 packets Splenda sweetener
1.5 tsp of cocoa
1 large egg
1 teaspoon butter

Put the dry ingredients in a soup mug or small bowl.

Stir.

Then add the egg and the butter. Mix.

Microwave 1 minute 45 seconds. Take out. slice, butter, eat.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 08-28-2010, 02:56 PM   #90
carakitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
I'm sorry, do you think I'd defile my body with a disgusting baby?
Not everyone thinks babies are disgusting.
Forget I mentioned it to you.
Old 08-28-2010, 04:53 PM   #91
Razeal18

pissed off. everyone is slowly drifting away from me and i am getting more and more frustrated with the way things are going. really i feel like being a danger to myself and others, but then i think about the paper workj, and its not worth it. I just need some weed
By thy shut soul's hypocrisy;
By the perfection of thine art
Which pass'd for human thine own heart;
By thy delight in others' pain,
And by thy brotherhood of Cain,
I call upon thee! and compel
Thyself to be thy proper Hell!

-Manfred by Lord Byron
Razeal18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 09:31 PM   #92
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
I am feeling accomplished: I finally reassembled my late father's Atlas brand metal lathe that I brought down from Oregon and moved it to my workbench (after moving the oscilloscopes out of the way to a new table in a different part of the garage), and got the wiring done and turned it on. It works! Although...the main motor belt slipped off after 2 revolutions.
Also the motor load dims the lights in the entire house, worse than the central air conditioning. But I just need a narrower belt and I'll be in business! Well not really, just an expression, I would make more money selling it than trying to make stuff with it, but yeah, new toy!

So feeling good!

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:10 AM   #93
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
I've got a heating pad on my left wrist, I've made a fresh pot of coffee and in a few minutes I'm going to enjoy the fresh-made-from-scratch chocolate flax meal muffin I just pulled out of the microwave, so I feel better.

Life am good.

Chocolate Muffin in a Minute

allowed on Atkins Induction level

Serving Size: 1

1/4 cup flax meal
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 packets Splenda sweetener
1.5 tsp of cocoa
1 large egg
1 teaspoon butter

Put the dry ingredients in a soup mug or small bowl.

Stir.

Then add the egg and the butter. Mix.

Microwave 1 minute 45 seconds. Take out. slice, butter, eat.
Hungry ^ this looks good.

I feel wheezy I've misplaced my asthma inhaler. I've started coughing so I'm going to have to try and dig it out of somewhere before I got blue in the face.

(that's the trouble with being a bat, your pockets are so tiny you can't fit anything but a five cent piece in them)

Old 08-29-2010, 10:11 AM   #94
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitbat View Post
(that's the trouble with being a bat, your pockets are so tiny you can't fit anything but a five cent piece in them)
When I read that, I immediately thought of this commercial!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y85JQEAFGMo

Ha ha ha ha ha!

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 08-29-2010, 12:59 PM   #95
carakitty

I feel accomplished. Check this shit, yo!

You can actually see my kitchen counter tops again!
Old 08-29-2010, 02:07 PM   #96
Ben Lahnger

Nice! That's what I have to do next.

Not like I FEEL like it ... but, it must be done.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 08-29-2010, 03:38 PM   #97
carakitty

Exactly. I didn't feel like doing it either. Nor did I really want to do two loads of dishes and the daughter's laundry.

But I know the extra time at school + studying for finals this week will probably wipe me out so I should get as much done now so the load over break will be easier to deal with.

Old 08-29-2010, 04:36 PM   #98
LaBelleDameSansMerci

Lucky Carakitty! I don't have a working dishwasher. I've never had a dishwasher so it's not too bad, but having a disfuctional one sitting there and looking at loads of dishes to be done by hand kinda sucks. Somehow it's better than going down to the apartment people and asking them to fix it.... even though my male and I have been living here for more than a year and it didn't work when we moved in... >.<

Edit: I just remembered the comment about small pockets, and felt the need to make a complaint about the size of the pockets in girl pants. They are so utterly impractical it makes my spleen overflow. I can barely fit my bus pass in most of my pants, and one pair actually had pockets that were *designed* to let things fall out, the bottom of the pocket being flush with the bottom of the opening, and it being about 2" wide on the horizontal axis. I had to sew extensions onto the pockets, but because of the placement, I could only extend them downward, and now I can't get anything out of them since they are still 2" wide. Other than the lack of intelligent pockets, they're a phenomenal pair of pants, but I don't wear them because the stuff-carrying facilities are assinine.

P.S. I am feeling slightly more than mildly liquored, and very excited about the rabbit stew that my male is making tonight. It's our 2nd anniversary.
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 06:16 PM   #99
Ben Lahnger

Happy Anniversary!

In the old days, based on the stew, I would have cracked a joke asking if you were celebrating the fact that the rabbit died. But that reference seems rather dated and it occurs to me that I probably have to explain to some of the younger readers here that pregnancy tests used to require a rabbit ... and if it died that meant you were pregnant. (Boy, does that seem like a long time ago.) It also explains the Aerosmith lyric "Can't catch me 'cause the rabbit done died."

And that bit of non-nostalgic reminiscing has made me feel old.

Also, I ran a trivia contest at my family reunion about a month ago, and I created all the questions myself. And after the contest was over, it left me thinking about a number of questions I asked that no one knew the answer to ... because I was using some cultural items and events that nobody else seemed to remember. Like Candid Camera and Leave It To Beaver. The Dick Van Dyke show and I Love Lucy barely appeared on their radar.

So part of me feels sad that some things that I and many others thought were culturally significant seem to be gradually fading from the general public memory. I know it's the way of things, but it still makes me a just a little sad.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 08-29-2010, 07:11 PM   #100
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
When I read that, I immediately thought of this commercial!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y85JQEAFGMo

Ha ha ha ha ha!
Bwah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!

*Cough*Cough* laughed so hard I cried and then now I can't stop coughing. Hilarious, but that's exactly what it is like

CK I did exactly the same thing yesterday - cleaned the kitchen benches- now they are covered with stuff again - everything has come out of the drawers and onto the benches out of the way of baby bat.

Bella -congrats on the anniversary.

Ben - I love trivia - am hopeless at it.. wish there was atrivia thread here..