Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

View Poll Results: ...
.. 0 0%
... 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 12:00 AM   #1326
AlKilyu

Thanks for the link to that, Teapot. I have been fuming over that for the past couple of days. You are a strong female and...liberal! They know not what they are saying.

OK so here is a silly rant, but it hits me pretty deep.

There is a movie that I shill as being tied with my all-time favorite horror movies (Ju-On: The Grudge and The Thing being the other two) and I came across the website of the remake tonite. Excited, I was going to post it here (in the Movies section) and shill it hoping to expose the world to the original.

As I was watching the trailer for the new one, I was dissapointed that they added "jump scares" and an explination...well a more in-depth explination than the original had. Anyone that watchs jhorror knows it's all about atmosphere. I was excited to see they copied, almost exactly, a couple of my favorite scenes. But what struck me was the begining of the trailer, the set-up of the movie, it's subject matter. It deals with a tragedy that the love of my life recently experienced. This was the movie that I have been waiting for (well the original being released into theaters which it is now, limited) but now, I just can't shill it.

I forgot that it dealt with suicide. How can I possibly talk about that now? I've always wanted to share the things I love with the person I love, but how can anyone other than some cold hearted bastard make her watch something like that? She doesn't even know, I just watched it tonight and she is in bed (and OTFW was right, after midnite she got her money back!! yay!) so I left her a voicemail and told her not to buy me the original for my birthday/Christmas. I would rather not get any gifts that to hurt her.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in this movie, you can email or IM me and I will tell you the name and link you to the original and the remake's websites.

But I won't link her, and I won't have her watch it with me which is what I have wanted to do for sometime. Please note this is my decision and she knows nothing about it, this is all me. Zero guilt trips here.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:14 AM   #1327
AlKilyu

And can I add who here who has seen Teapot in her prime? (angry, usually at me)

Nooooo fucking way is she weak or a pushover.

But those are extremists, Tea. Hell Tammy Bruce is still lesbian and still a democrat (well...) and she left a pretty high position in NOW over some fucked up shit they did. What set her over the edge was they were going to plan a celebration party when Ronald Regan died. Come on, it's one thing to dislike someone's politics, it's another to celebrate their death, especially when his came so slow and so cruel...
Old 12-15-2005, 02:51 AM   #1328
Wise Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockandrose
Tekajo, in Australia, there are a lot of students who aren't even of Catholic origin, yet they attend Catholic Schools, it's normal really. Apparently, Catholic Schools are supposed to be more educated than public non-Catholic Schools.
That's the reason I went - my sister went top the local comp, but I passed my 11+ (British exam) and the school was recommended. Then, when I got there, it turned out that the "grammar stream" consisted of me, and three other people. In our whole year. My parents moved me when I was fourteen, I wasn't learning anything, and apparently was turning into a "little slut". (Love you too, mum.) One thing I did notice - and again, this is directed purely at the people I went to school with, no offence to Catholics in general - was that everyone took the no-contraception thing seriously. By ninth grade, six girls in my year had fallen pregnant (that I knew of). God forbade it, and no way was any form of birth control comin' near those devout girls. But ... the no-sex-before-marriage apparently offered more room for interpretation.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:37 PM   #1329
TeapotScar

Thanks, everyone- you all are too sweet- I needed that support. I've got a meeting with the Dean of Students tomorrow morning, regarding the libel case.

And Al- that's so sad. It's not a rant, it's like a heart-piercing story. Suicide is awful, and I'm *so* sorry for the eyes' loss. It's so difficult, I obviously can't type anything that comes close to meaningful, but I just send my best thoughts and prayers with the victim's family, and you, eyes. I don't even know what to say- I'm so sorry.

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
Old 12-15-2005, 12:56 PM   #1330
AlKilyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeapotScar
regarding the libel case.

YES! You go girl. Sue the pants of their asses, then sue their asses off! Good for you that makes me very happy. I'm dealing with legal stuff too, let's hope we both come out of our cases victorious.

And thanks. You and a select few know of the tragedies that had befallen me sometime ago, and right after I watched Dark Water and Ju-On. The begining of Ju-On broke my heart...I don't want that happening to her.

Oh another rant: I have today thru Monday off, and I see on my cellphone my boss has tried calling me five times.

I AM ON VACATION!!!!1111ONE >_<
Old 12-15-2005, 02:17 PM   #1331
edible_eye

DUDE! enjoy your fuckin' vacation. have fun.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:05 PM   #1332
Tall One In Black

Catholic schools are generally better in terms of education and discipline. Only some of them really push the religion. At my school, everyone had to take "religion" classes. However, while the Catholic students had to study catechism, etc., the "religion" classes for non-Catholics ranged from World Religions to Marriage (which was really about interpersonal relationships - and a very helpful class, I might add!).

Where I'm from, the public schools are frightening. Girls r.aped in the cafeteria, teachers stabbed, race riots during pep rallies, students carrying guns... basically the worst stuff you hear on the news. I was fortunate to go to a Catholic school, where the "crimes" were limited to chewing gum or speaking out of turn. The worst thing that occurred during my five years was a guy having a bottle of vodka (unopened) in his locker. The bottle was discovered, and he was gone within half an hour, never to return again.

As for the level of education... well, let's just say I practically slept through my first two years of college because I'd already learned everything in high school.

Catholic schools definitely have their drawbacks, but the benefits are tremendous. I am eternally grateful that I was able to attend one.

Besides, who doesn't love a Catholic school girl?
Old 12-15-2005, 05:15 PM   #1333
rockandrose

I spent 11 years in Catholic Schooling.

I still have my black pleated skirt, white shirt, tie and blazer. I can actually wear it as a naughty outfit.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:54 PM   #1334
edible_eye

if what that person wrote hit you this hard, could it be he or she is on to something? after all, sometimes we can convince ourselves of what we want to believe we think or feel when the reality is something else entirely.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:57 AM   #1335
vy_parr

A common rant

Is it just me, or do more people seem to be spoiling their inbred, anally-conceived children these days?

A while back, I was working at the local K-Mart. (Somehow, I think of Bruce Campbell saying "Shop smart! Shop...s-mart!). And I was ringing up some redneck who'd come down off the mountain for her monthly clearance trip. It's her, her sister-in-law (probably her mother too) and her 6 year old son.

I'm ringing her up (HUGE cart of pure CRAP) and she claims I didn't ring her shoes up right. Buy one, get one half off or whatever bullshit Kmart's attempting to pull so they don't go fuckin' bankrupt. So I check the register, and, sure enough, they didn't ring right.

Anyone who's worked retail, work with me here. Sometimes, it just DOESN'T ring up correctly.

So I fix it and go to ring up the kid's "playing cards" of whatever silly thing he's into. Once I've rung them, I start to put them into the bag. This...KID, JUMPS off the fuckin' floor, GRABS the cards out of my hand, SPITS at me, and says "Gimme my cards, smelly!"

Normally, stuff like this is just stupid and I tell other employees later while I'm on my break about it so we can laugh.

But NO, this one just wasn't done with me yet. This woman comes back in ten fuckin' minutes later to complain that I was rude, that she TOLD me her stuff didn't ring right, and that I refused to fix it! And then told the manager that I was rude to her son and that he was sitting in the car, CRYING, and so embarrassed that he didn't even want to come back in.

By the way, she got her shoes for FREE.

And you know, her son didn't want to come back in because his mother was acting like a selfish, spoiled idiot who wouldn't know whether to wind her ass or wipe her watch.

I HATE idiots! Jesus, give 'em all a fuckin shotgun with an instructional booklet written by Denis Leary saying "Make sure to get your whole head in front of the fuckin' shotgun, thanks for calling!"

Okay, I'm done. -_- I hate fucking idiots.

I also want to say to the others who have posted real rants here that make mine look like just...whining, I'm sorry you guys are having such a rough time and I hope the situation begins to better itself eventually.

If I posted in the wrong place, my apologies. But I just had to get that off my fucking chest. I hate goddamn idiots who think they run the fucking place because they've got it into their tiny fucking minds that they're god.

Anyway, I do hope your respective situations get better, and if they're not going to, then nothing I can possibly say will make it any better. (Not meant offensively, just stating fact). And most of the time, no amount of someone's sympathy will make the situation better anyway, so I won't pretend to understand.

I hate fucking idiots though, lol.

Later days,
~Vy~
Old 12-16-2005, 06:25 AM   #1336
Blushing Heliophobe

Yeah, I used to work at Target, and this guy came in to return some entertainment center thing. I had to enter his ID# into the computer, since he didn't have a receipt, and he tells me no. Then he goes into the store, takes a new one, and tells me he's gonna leave with it, fuck me.

When I called the manager, he gave it to him for free and refunded his money.

Here, let's reward you for being a waste of human flesh.

Gotcha.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:18 AM   #1337
Wise Child

I worked in a supermarket when I was sixteen on the Produce dept and got an apple thrown at me by a kid. No shit, a fuckin' apple, right at the back of my head. The kid was maybe seven, eight. The mother just said, "oh, Callum, don't do that". I added, "yeah, Callum, or I'll come into your room tonight and set a fire under your bed". Then I was prepared to leave it. Pretty reasonable of me, I think, since the back of my head was still throbbing. So of COURSE the dumb bitch goes and complains that I was trying to intimidate her little product.

But ya know what? ... Justice prevailed.

'Cause the stupid cow didn't reckon on ... CCTV!!

Yes!! The wonders of technology. Her claim that the kid was just "throwing an apple around" was proven false with a quick visit by my lovely manager, who was not a goth but nonetheless fuckin' cool, and the stupid bint was asked not to bring her offspring into the store. EVER again. *wipes away tear* Sometimes this world gives me hope ...
Old 12-16-2005, 07:30 AM   #1338
Blushing Heliophobe

That is weird...CCTV, I mean. You guys have this all over London, so I have heard. Huh.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:32 AM   #1339
Wise Child

I heard somewhere that in Central London, you can't walk for an average of more than fifteen seconds without being recorded
Old 12-16-2005, 07:35 AM   #1340
vy_parr

Thank god there are places were the eggshell white, beige, and puke green crayons get cast away and ridiculed. It's about damn time.

For my trouble, I got fired 2 months later with a "no re-hire" stamped brightly on my pink slip, lol.

Thank god, I don't think I could've handled Kmart anymore. My fiance works there now as it is, and...well...we'll just say Kmart's full of managers who have the IQ of roach shit.

Then there's the gas station work, lol. 3 Mexicans came into the gas station I worked at to get beer. I checked their ID's and sold them their beer. I was then informed the next day I'd sold beer to drunk guys. My manager bitched at me that when Mexicans are drunk, their eyes get redder than ours (being white people) do.

I wanted to slap her for her ignorance. Hasn't she ever heard of Visine? God knows I've tried that trick myself.

~Vy~
Old 12-16-2005, 07:43 AM   #1341
Blushing Heliophobe

Slapped her? You should have punched her.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:47 AM   #1342
syn

Sounds bout right Wild Child, that sucks. I hate the fact that where I live is full of dumb ass chavs that are all about 12 and think they're 25. That's it I'm going chav hunting... Where'd I leave my battle axe?
Old 12-16-2005, 07:48 AM   #1343
Blushing Heliophobe

I haven't figured out what chave means yet, would you please enlighten?
Old 12-16-2005, 07:57 AM   #1344
Wise Child

Chavs are burberry-wearing, train-station-frequenting, passers-by-abusing little sacks of shit that have a vocabulary of about ten words - six of which are four letter verbs. Most are aged around 10-15. They find it funny to shout abuse or sexual comments at people twice their age and have absolutely no fear, 'cause unfortunately kids nowadays know their rights. Aah, the good ol' days when adults were tyrants and children were seen but not heard ...
Old 12-16-2005, 08:05 AM   #1345
syn

Yeah, lets go chav hunting and scare them all into shutting the hell up.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:52 AM   #1346
Wise Child

It's a date. I will leave my gothy dagger at home and revenge myself upon them using speed garage and empty cans. To use their own infernal instruments for their undoing will be sweet justice and would please me.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:49 AM   #1347
Dark Art

This is a rant thread, so I'm going to rant. Okay, everybody?
This actually happened a while back, but it still pisses me off. And I don't get pissed easily.
My friend had a secret. Can't tell y'all, or it wouldn't be a secret. But it was a big one. I knew it, and this girl named Helen (name changed to protect my ass in case she sues me) knew it. Then Helen opens her big, ugly, fat, flapping mouth, and
tells just about EVERYONE on our floor. So I'm worrying about where my friend is now, and (after having spilled to everyone) the BITCH refuses to tell me! I see red and organize a lynch party. I'm only half kidding - everybody hated this girl. Probably for my own good the RA's detained me and forced Helen and I to have a (semi)civil conversation. She then claimed she hadn't told anyone. Swore up and down. I said bullshit, went over, got a guy friend of mine, and dragged him into the proceedings. He said Helen had told him my friend's secret. Then she swore up and down she hadn't told anyone but Jeremy. What a f**cking liar.
At this point, the RA's were pretty pissed off with her, too, because this isn't the first time she's lied to them. But they still asked me, "Okay, are you satisfied?" And I said, "Heck no! She still hasn't apologized. She doesn't have to apologize to me, but she sure as hell has to apologize to my friend." Then Helen burst into tears, saying "I don't need this right now!" and ran from the room. Score for Dark Art! That's probably the first time I've ever made someone cry, and it sure felt good.

Reading over this, it probably sounds a little petty. Trust me, it was actually a pretty big deal. This was a BIG secret - like, police involved. I still hate that girl. She's probably the only person I personally know and hate.

So...okay, rant's over. You may remove your earmuffs.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:53 AM   #1348
Wise Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
What's wrong with going to the train station? I want to have my honeymoon on a train. Or at the very least, take a train TO my honeymoon vacation spot. And what's wrong with burberry?

God, the cultural divide!
There's nothing wrong with burberry, per se. It's just that that's what most of the little bastards make their caps out of. I'm not adverse to a scarf myself, but sometimes good things are abused by bad people.

Same with train stations - useful and much better than buses. But as they're too young to drink and too "cool" for the local youth club, they infest train stations like so many cockroaches. * shudder*
Old 12-16-2005, 10:24 AM   #1349
Tall One In Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise Child
Same with train stations - useful and much better than buses. But as they're too young to drink and too "cool" for the local youth club, they infest train stations like so many cockroaches. * shudder*
Here in America, the mall takes the place of the train station.

Is "chav" short for something? I'm curious about the origin of the word.

And to all of you who work or have worked retail, I sympathize. I have been there myself. The cashier post and returns desk should count as a circle of hell.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:32 AM   #1350
Wise Child

I'm not sure what it stands for. My friend claims it's Council Housing And Violence, but I have my doubts, as much as it fits.

Another of their moredisgusting antics is something the media has dubbed "happy slapping". Since video phones became more popular, it's a popular pastime of theirs to attack people, give them a kicking, film it and send it to their friends. Since they're usually kids, the only people they have much chance with are other kids and elderly people. Absolutely vile. If I EVER caught my kid doing anything like that I'd put their tiny little head through the wall, but most of their parents are pikeys who couldn't give two shits. Which is probably how their offspring became chavx.
Closed Thread