Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Shill
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Shill Post your website announcements here. Anything that is blatantly SPAM (nigerian schemes, make money fast, etc) will be deleted. Actually, we'd probably keep the nigerian schemes around to make fun of it.

Old 01-15-2009, 04:37 PM   #1
gothcruise

Thumbs up Cruxshadows Headline 2009 Gothic Cruise

Annual Gothic Cruise and Masquerade Ball
One Nation Under Goth, With Industrial For All

New Sponsor: Vampirefreaks!

Join The Cruxshadows, Modulate, Cruciform Injection and State of the Union, with our sponsors: Gothic Beauty Magazine, Vampire Freaks, onboard the Carnival Legend for another All Inclusive GothCruise!

THIS CRUISE INCLUDES ALL DRINKS/ALCOHOL FOR 8 DAYS!!
Thats a full open bar with no limit!

The Cruxshadows, Modulate, Cruciform Injection, and State of the Union will each perform on the 2009 Annual Gothic Cruise and Masquerade Ball for seperate 2 hour exclusive live concerts.. They will also stay onboard for the entire 7 night cruise event. Party and Dance with the Bands and Jet of Vampirefreaks.com!

Special Guest DJ's to join DJ Evelfaery onboard:
DJ Sean of The Castle in Ybor City (Tampa) Florida

Events will include: FREE Exclusive CDS FROM EACH BAND! 3 Concerts, Masquerade Ball, 2 deck parties, Fashion Show, 6 Club Goth at Sea Private DJ Parties, an autograph session, private spa night, An interactive viewing of the Rocky Horror Picture Show, and more!

Everyone gets all 3 FREE exclusive CD's, 1 from each band, NOT available for sale to the public. Plus, get them signed at the autograph session!

Ports of call: Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Belize, Isla Roaton

For more info, join the cult or visit:

For General Information visit: http://www.gothiccruise.com
gothcruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 05:02 PM   #2
Albert Mond

I hope you bitches get attacked by a fucking U-Boat.
Albert Mond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 07:30 PM   #3
tekajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Mond
I hope you bitches get attacked by a fucking U-Boat.
Goddamn that was funny.
tekajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 07:56 AM   #4
Jonathan

Wow that is expensive.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 08:54 AM   #5
gothcruise

When you consider the event includes all the food (which is available around the clock - literaly), and that ALL ALCOHOL, soft drinks, and bottled are included with NO limit - plus all the concerts, cd's etc - Its really cheap as many seasoned travelers will tell you. In reality, if you were to pay for everything seperately as you go, you would spend triple what it is currently priced at.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:17 AM   #6
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
I'm just a bit curious as to why you allowed vampfreaks to sponsor it.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 10:35 AM   #7
Jonathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus
I'm just a bit curious as to why you allowed vampfreaks to sponsor it.
Probably because vampfreaks is giving them money. That is usually how sponsoring works.

I'm probably going to be sitting this one out. I am sure it is an excellent value for what it is, and I if I had wealthy parents or a magic genie I would be all over this.

Although -- if only 3 other people want to throw in with me for a four person room we'd only have to come up with a mere 1,021.08 each. What do you say guys?
Old 01-16-2009, 04:07 PM   #8
Cen0bite

I think it's funny that only one of those bands listed is even remotely considered goth.

Pinhead: What you think of as pain is a shadow. Pain has a face. Allow me to show it to you. Gentlemen, I... Am... Pain
-Hellraiser:Bloodline
Cen0bite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 08:20 PM   #9
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan
Probably because vampfreaks is giving them money. That is usually how sponsoring works.

I'm probably going to be sitting this one out. I am sure it is an excellent value for what it is, and I if I had wealthy parents or a magic genie I would be all over this.

Although -- if only 3 other people want to throw in with me for a four person room we'd only have to come up with a mere 1,021.08 each. What do you say guys?
Yeah but my point was they could of chosen somone more reputable. It's like if I were to hold a Germany themed cruise, I wouldn't let the Nazis sponsor it.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 08:43 PM   #10
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
Yeah but my point was they could of chosen somone more reputable. It's like if I were to hold a Germany themed cruise, I wouldn't let the Nazis sponsor it.
Sure you wouldn't.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:10 AM   #11
Jonathan

Quote:
I don't know if you have noticed the world lately, but there's this slight economic crisis going on. If massive corporations are having a hard time finding funding, I can't really blame gothic cruises for grabbing whatever cash they can find.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:32 PM   #12
Mealla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen0bite
I think it's funny that only one of those bands listed is even remotely considered goth.
Exactly what I thought when I read the lineup.
Mealla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 03:43 PM   #13
Mealla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan
Don't know if you'd want to chance it, but it looks like they can assign you a roommate(s) if you want one. There's info on that near the bottom of the "pricing" page.
Old 02-01-2009, 05:28 PM   #14
menus era sota

i've read into this and looked at photos a few times - looks kinda tacky.
and who the hell wears a mini backpack to a 'ball'? oh wait, Catch would.
menus era sota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:52 PM   #15
ThreeEyesOni

For cruise pricing that's about average. You'll find lower, but it's basically "filler options"; they're just making sure to have a full boat because an empty boat will never be fun.

The only way I'd even consider this is if I knew it was going to be balls-to-the-wall packed. That, and I've have to get a single occupancy.

I'll pass though.
ThreeEyesOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 08:05 PM   #16
menus era sota

if you're gonna spend that much (and then some) why go on a shitty cruise? there are far cooler things to do than spend a week or two on a smelly boat with who could be the most annoying people on the planet.

you could probably go to Europe for that much. plenty of gothy stuff there. or get a boob job. whatever.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:14 AM   #17
Solumina

Wow I used to think that the Gothic Cruise was really cool but looking at the sponsers and the bands this time I'll pass, which is sad because in past years I have really wanted to go but didn't have the cash.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:04 PM   #18
menus era sota

i too once though it was cool. but when you sit down and really think about it, bleh.

so do something better. it's really just a themed communal holiday - who the fuck wants to be surrounded by potentially shitty people for their entire holiday?

has anyone seen the sitcom hi de hi? it set in a 50's holiday camp. tacky and awful! do the cool thing and go to Europe, or on a badass road trip - in a hearse if you like.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:24 PM   #19
Mealla

I also always thought it was odd that a goth cruise...goes to Mexico and the Cayman Islands and such. I would have expected Europe. Though someone once said the destination is due to the cost, that going on a cruise to Europe is much more expensive.

I agree that it looks rather tacky, I haven't ever been impressed with their choice of musical entertainment, their sponsors (Vampire freaks? I mean, come on! That's almost as bad as having Marilyn Manson sponsor the goth cruise!), and the one person I met who went on the cruise was definitely not what I'd call a person I'd want to be stuck on a boat with for two weeks. I'd hate to think of going and finding that nearly everyone on board was like him.

Even a handful of people like him would irk me in such close quarters. I went on a cruise only once, back in high school, and I was miserable most of the time because my best friend and I had a couple of stalkers that kept following us around the boat the whole trip.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:58 AM   #20
jack_the_knife

I wouldn't want to be stuck on a boat with people I can't stand. On the other hand, cruises are a great place for getting rid of people you don't like very much. Just read some of this.
--->click<---
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 01:05 AM   #21
Albert Mond

I love how a lot of them have cause of death as "Death".
They ain't gonna be easy.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:49 PM   #22
gothcruise

It is unfortunate that so many opinions are based when one has so little of the the facts. But, you know.. the gothic cruise isnt for everyone.

Vampirefreaks does not pay money for the gothic cruise sponsorship. First and foremost. Neither does Gothic Beauty Magazine.

The ship is almost half a mile long and holds close to 3,000 people. Most people dont have an issue with being "stuck" with anyone. Its just to big of a ship. There are about 14 bars and lounges on the vessal so finding time away from others? not a huge deal.

Dirty shitty ship? Based on what in comparison? I can't even respond to that given the health standards on this ship have it being cleaned constantly through the days and nights.

Tacky? Like goths, gothics, or industrialists ever had it? Please. Its a party atmosphere. who has tack at all after 17 shots of vodka?

the cruise pricing doesnt even come close to what you would spend on a regular cruise with a bunch of people you dont wanna be around, and has no events onboard that you might like to do. That is the point.

And any person, gothic or not, that doesnt like having a vacation with things to do they have an interest in, is in my book - depressed enough to need an institution - or is full of it.

Bands that appear on the gothic cruise, are decided and voted on by previous gothic cruise passengers. So no, their not always goth or gothic (and there is a difference).

As I said.. the gothic cruise isnt for everybody. It is definetely for those looking to have a great time with new friends.

gothcruise
Old 02-04-2009, 04:01 PM   #23
menus era sota

stop trying to sell shit.
you'll have more luck with an emo cruise, then you could incorporate this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_the_knife
cruises are a great place for getting rid of people you don't like very much. Just read some of this.
--->click<---
Mealla pretty much nailed it too.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:04 PM   #24
jack_the_knife

I don't give a flying fuck if you're paddling boat outing is goth or not. Being locked in a floating box with people I probably won't like sounds like a nasty experience, I don't care to what subculture they adhere.
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 12:15 PM   #25
menus era sota

you said flying fuck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLAjKtmT3lk