Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 05-31-2006, 11:04 PM   #226
winged_dreams

I used to paint my nails black in high school, back in the day XD and now I can't stand black nails, at least on me. I think they look very tacky. I don't wear any nailpolish though or makeup. I'm really lazy when it comes to stuff like that.

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 10:35 AM   #227
end.of.eternity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkfeeling
I wear what I want. When Im at home on the lazy weekends, I usually just wear my pajamas the whole day. No point in getting dressed if you dont plan on walking out the door.
Ha me too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winged_dreams
I don't wear any nailpolish though or makeup. I'm really lazy when it comes to stuff like that.
I never do anything to my nails, colors tend to wear away too soon and I'm too lazy to put new nailpolish on, not unmentioning that first I have to wipe off the old remaining nailspolish that hasn't completely gone out.

I was a major makeup user, back then. Unfortunately my face skin cannot take it anymore since I've become makeup allergic so I can't use much makeup anymore and only occassionally. Which is sad.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:56 PM   #228
maggot

Did you try covering the nail polish with a coat of clear?

I paint my nails black, because they get lots of dirt and stuff ander them and it looks disgusting otherwise. I also don't think any other colors really like that great on my nails. *shudders*

Bring the flames!
Old 06-02-2006, 08:12 AM   #229
end.of.eternity

Umm not always but usually, yes. As I said it goes away quickly I meant quickly in my standard :P
Old 06-02-2006, 11:21 AM   #230
Solumina

I wash my hands a lot (at least a dozen times a day for at least 2 min each time) so my nails tend to dry out and crack but they don't break and they still have a nice shape so I tend to keep them painted
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 11:49 AM   #231
J.M.Lovechild

I wear what i like and what's comfortable. I work with special needs kids too so sometimes i have to tone it down a little.

I love wearing lace, corsets, velvets, long flowy skirts etc so i guess i'm into the Victorian style more than any other.

I don't have much money though, and there isn't anywhere near me i can buy stuff i like (unless i wanted to look like avril fucking lavatory), so has anyone got any tips?
J.M.Lovechild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 11:51 AM   #232
madweasel

As they were mentioned, I highly recomend the 'Workman' model utilikilt, owning two myself. The fabric is more enduring than the denim and twill version they (Utilikilts) offer, and the silver button studs they liberally distribute all over the kilt looks quite snazzy. Its sturdy enough to take adding a few chains, to add some clank to your swish when stepping it up at a club, from you local Home Depot with minimal effort. Looking at a 'bondage kilt' that a company in australia makes and debating if I can gussy something up myself rather than fork over a few hundred dollars and shipping from the far pole, its a very pretty article of clothing though.

I love kilts, they are a lot cooler (temperature wise!) when going dancing, and also add some variation as most of the mens pants I've found are...terrible similar. Very few pants styles that stand out enough for me to want to pay for them. Sadly I have 0 skill with a sewing machine. A few full length men's skirts are out there as well, usually filed away under bondage wear but still quite functional, though perhaps not so much as a kilt.

Secondary Bonus to kilts - You can show off those swanky boots you own without having to tuck your pants in.

Tertiary Bonus - Gals just like seeing men's calves. I am at a loss to explain why, but apparently the victorian notion of 'showing a little leg' has now gone full circle after however many centuries of lads in full length pants.

Top wise, i've gone with everything from full sleeve buttondowns to work to t-shirts with various bondage add ons or just simple band shirts. Some of the lesser known bands have just fantastic designs, and don't leave me feeling like a walking billboard. Barring that anything with excessive amounts of skulls will do in a pinch.

Dangers of Kilts, you WILL be asked the following questions multiple times upon leaving your dwelling:

Are you Scottish? (if wearing a bandana, this can be swapped for 'Are you a pirate?')
Are you wearing underwear? (I got a Oujia board belt buckle just to tell people to rub it and find out on their own)
Why are you wearing a skirt?
Seasonal: Aren't your legs cold?

Aside from that its just the usual staring but I suspect anyone posting here is used to THAT by now ^.^
madweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 02:42 AM   #233
Sanctus Dei

INTRO-FUCKING-DUCTION THREAD... Thanx.

(Will this shit ever stop?)
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 12:58 AM   #234
Child_of_Fury

I like camo-pattern. It's the best pattern there is, if you ask me. So I guess I can be called somewhat "army-goth", if such thing exists. especially like the "city-camo", meaning the black-gray-white colored camo pattern. I haven't worn a skirt/dress since... well, for a long time. I prefer either worn jeans or camo pants. I guess I don't have very 'gothic' appearance after all. That, I believe, will change soon.
Child_of_Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 04:45 AM   #235
Elder

Being closer to 40 than 30, and male, I'm a little more conservative than I used to be in my younger thinner days.
No jewellry, no belts (need some new ones, got fat), not even one earing.

Clothes tend to be basic black, normally cheap non branded and brushed cotton jeans, with either Rockwood steely boots, Black suede slip on trainers that look a little modern loafer/creepers, or black canvas All stars.

With it being so warm today, I'm sat at the office desk wearing a black ben sherman with the sleeves rolled up, a plain black T, my steely Rockwoods, and a Blackwatch Tartan kilt (no sporran). Lets more a breeze cirulate.
Elder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 12:52 AM   #236
AbelTheLiar

Well, I guess I'll post. I didnn't bother reading the 6 additonal pages, I was just going to answer the original question. My style, usually my prefered style is the goth side of visual kei. EGA, EGL (yes I have worn a cute little skirt and looked like a doll) and basically work around the concept of androgeny. I usually wear a black video game t-shirt, and jeans when I step out of the house though. Around the house I can be fjound in tradional Japanese attire. Hakama or gi, not kimono. When I do paintball though, I pretty much turn into a Metal Gear Solid character. おやく!^_^v
AbelTheLiar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 12:58 AM   #237
happy_dude

Location: I'm underneath the sink, now what do you think, living under my sink?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbelTheLiar
When I do paintball though, I pretty much turn into a Metal Gear Solid character. おやく!^_^v
Do you have a Mullet? Every MGS character has one.

I lack style. I am Pro-Anti-Fashion, if it doesn't have a label, it fits, is warm and is a colour other than brown I will wear it.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:16 PM   #238
Jacks Girl

When I was younger every item in my wardrobe was black, but as i've grown older I've extended my range of colours, and now wear pretty much anthing. The majority of it is still dark colours, but at least there's a small amount of variety amongst them! I love corsets, but from my experience they never seem to be comfortable enough to wear for long periods of time, or maybe I just havn't found the right style yet.
Jacks Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 02:14 PM   #239
Lyytikka

i love black lace. fave colours: black, grey, blue. i usually wear a laced top and jeans; or just a long black laced dress.
in winter (it's cold here), i like to wear a handmade knitted jumper. (i can also knit myself ) and, outside, black long coat or long jacket.
Lyytikka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 08:31 AM   #240
AbelTheLiar

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_dude
Do you have a Mullet? Every MGS character has one.

I lack style. I am Pro-Anti-Fashion, if it doesn't have a label, it fits, is warm and is a colour other than brown I will wear it.
You, I don't think that is actually a mullet. I think it's a Japanee style that I don't know the name of at the moment. And no, i do not have a mullet.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f1...rosiel-ish.jpg

Here's a pic.
AbelTheLiar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 08:48 AM   #241
cradle

u go for, a black and green shirt, with a black long sleeve shirt under it, with black pants....and white shoes.
sometimes a white shirt with black undershirt
Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord to tell everyone about that time at Ronnie's house when I smashed the beer bottle over my own head.
cradle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 02:25 PM   #242
Persephone Hazard

When I Go Out Clubbing, into that wild and deeply disturbing world of goths, I suppose I'm more Victorian than anything else-or at least I would be if I had the money.

Day-to-day, though, glamour is the key. Black with another colour run through, every detail thought of. Right now, for example, I'm wearing purple peep-toe heels with a black skirt and a low-cut purple top with a black shrug. There's a string of purple beads around my neck, purple earrings and bracelets, with a black handbag and nail varnish. When I went shopping earlier, I wore a pair of huge purple sunglasses. I'm also wearing purple eyeshadow and lipstick with black eyeliner and mascara.

I wear similar outfits in black and pink, red, blue and brown/gold/orange. I have more shoes, sunglasses and handbags than any normal human being has a right to.
Persephone Hazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 11:26 PM   #243
Jupetta

I seriously have no idea what I am... I have a base of Goth combined with dozens of other sub-cultures...
Jupetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:43 AM   #244
Argine

I dress very feminine right now. I love lace, ruffles, and old-fashioned things. I wear a lot of black with white, and black with jewel tones. I admire Victorian and Edwardian styles, and the Japanese EGL/EGA things, but I don't dress in any of those styles particularily, I'm just influenced by them among other things. I don't have a terribly large amount of clothing as I've only been dressing this way for about a year (before I had a wardrobe of men's pants and huge t-shirts) and I'm rather frugal.
Argine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 02:32 PM   #245
Minyaliel

Lace and ruffles are always nice. *wishes she could afford letting a seamstress make her a complete victorian style gown...*
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 09:39 PM   #246
PersephoneX

i can sometimes afford to have a nice, lace and boned corset made. but its very expensive. otherwise i'm in 3/4 and my favourite band's tshirts, or really loooooong pants. no one has ever really seen my arms in the day light...
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
PersephoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 01:18 PM   #247
She_Is_My_Sin

Recently I got a corset & knee high black patent boots. I wear them whenever I go out now.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 02:56 PM   #248
pvt num 11

I guess you could describe my dress habits as utility and function first, form comes later. Still, utilitarian is in itself a sort of style.

I'm rather fond of utilitarian clothing - pockets are cool. I have two pair of black BDU trousers, and having six pockets on them is pretty smurfy, but I'm considering having my wife sew in a for-real zipper for the fly - button flys got real old, real quick, during my time in the Army. However, of all the button flys I've come across, the BDU ones are the best out there. I won't wear cameoflage anymore - I've added a bit of weight since getting out and my odl stuff doens't fit very well, so I wear either a dark blue or black BDU top while at work. Four more pockets. If it gets cold (not likely in Hawaii) I'll dig out my field jacket, with four more pockets. Liner, too. I also have a plethora of Cold-War OD Green uniform components, except the garrison cap. I don't wear insignial on my old stuff - one girl in High School wore a Marine OD Green Dress jacket, and had two sets of mis-matching rank sewn on, and a bunch of buttons and stuff all over the front. The skirt and leggings and crazed hairstyle might have tipped me off that she was Goth or Punk, I never did ask her about it...

All of that, or blue/black jeans, worn-out Dickies long-sleeved work shirts (all six pair are dark blue and are XLarge so they're pretty baggy on me) or dark-colored plaid flannel. Thick leather belt always, undershirt tucked in smartly - I can't stand seeing undershirts hangin loose, and a belt being worn at the same time. Leatherman Wave always on my hip. I also have a small utility pouch I scrounged from somewhere, might have been a cell phone holder at one time, but I stash stuff in it - beat-up knife, OD Green duct tape, pens, flashlight, Swiss Army Microknife, and a 1/4-inch L-shaped Allen wrench. (Work-related, very useful!)

I have ample stuff to do military-themed outfits for about a week, that and plenty of dark saturated colors. I'm looking to get some more dark blue BDU sets, but buying them new is pretty pricey.
pvt num 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 05:08 AM   #249
sparklekittie

My personal style is still in the works.
I've been through so many changes through my teen years. I went through a cuff/spike phase but I've grown out of that as it doesn't suit me and it's impossible to incorporate into my style. It often looks quite silly, and I'm glad that I am more enlightened now.

I'm all about taking different things and mixing it all up to how I like it.
I have lots of jeans and skirts. Plus I have heaps of stockings/tights/socks to wear with them.
My favourite colours are:
Electric Blue!
Black (of course!)
Red
Green
Hot Pink
Purple

I generally shop at "trendy type" stores or department stores when there's sales on, plus I make some of my own clothing and I like to go op-shopping (thrifting).
sparklekittie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 05:05 PM   #250
Veira

I've no idea. I have no concrete style. It changes with my mood. That, and I rarely have money so I wouldn't be able to dress exactly how I would like to. And living in Texas, things are extremely limited in the summer. Much too hot for a lot of things.

The victorian style appeals to me. My "style" has once been described as "gypsy-goth" which is accurate enough. Often, though, I just wear black jeans and some random shirt.. Often black, granted, though I very much like reds/burgundies and green, also. My other sub-style would be a long, flowy skirt [usually black] with some shirt that matches vaguely.. This black lace-fishnet contraption of a shirt, maybe, or something else. Or a knee length skirt with striped stockings and boots. Oh, and I love vests of all kinds, though I don't have any at the moment. I also really like 80s-reminiscent styles.

I use limited jewelery. I do have a small, silver ankh necklace, and some others of a similar fashion but it's usually limited to just a necklace.
Veira is offline   Reply With Quote