Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 11-30-2008, 08:36 PM   #2926
Eclipsing the Son

I just saw Quantum of Solace.

Multiple car, boat, plane and foot chases, numerous fist/knife/axe/steel pipe fights, hot women and a decent plot of espionage and doubt. Definitely a fun movie.
Eclipsing the Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 10:11 PM   #2927
Steppenwolf

MirrorMask
Lovely , extraordinary film
Old 12-06-2008, 09:05 AM   #2928
$haDe

Awesome movie, Steppenwolf!!

I loved the part that all those human-figures start singing and dressing the girl.

Anyway, I've just watched Norbit ... I can hardly eat my supper,after that.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:09 AM   #2929
Xombie

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Again.
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 09:43 AM   #2930
Bloodbath

American Psycho. Loved it.
Bloodbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 11:14 AM   #2931
Geoluhread

Mulan ^_^
I ... Liked it... :S
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 11:21 PM   #2932
$haDe

I'm watching Transporter 2.

The action scenes are a lil' bit better than the first one.
Old 12-07-2008, 01:43 PM   #2933
Bat Attack

The Pink Panther (2006).
Bat Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 01:51 PM   #2934
KontanKarite

The Forsaken

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 01:59 PM   #2935
Saya

Akira. It was alright, don't understand why everyone is all like "OMG ITS THE BEST ANIME EVARRR!!!".
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 02:52 PM   #2936
Dina.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoluhread
Mulan ^_^
I ... Liked it... :S
MBC 2 heh?
I missed it =(

I just watched a crappy one called "dead of winter". It was in the DVD collection. I wasted 2 hours of my life i guess lol
Dina. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 02:53 PM   #2937
Eclipsing the Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya
Akira. It was alright, don't understand why everyone is all like "OMG ITS THE BEST ANIME EVARRR!!!".
Do take into account that the entire thing was hand drawn. The animations are outstanding. That alone it really is the best visual achievement in anime. These days there is so much CGI and computer use.

Also if you've read the Manga it helps. They don't go as deep into microphysics in the movie so you can't understand what is happening as well as if you read the books.
Old 12-07-2008, 03:11 PM   #2938
Steele_Mistress

Ratatouille.
Steele_Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 03:14 PM   #2939
SKULHEDFACE

The City of Lost Children

This one was strange. Steampunkish...interesting all the same.
SKULHEDFACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 03:45 PM   #2940
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipsing the Son
Do take into account that the entire thing was hand drawn. The animations are outstanding. That alone it really is the best visual achievement in anime. These days there is so much CGI and computer use.

Also if you've read the Manga it helps. They don't go as deep into microphysics in the movie so you can't understand what is happening as well as if you read the books.
Being decently hand drawn doesn't make an anime good. I would rather spork my eyes out than ever see the original Vampire Hunter D movie again o.O

Really not interested in reading the manga, hasn't sparked my interest enough to go buy it when there's lots of other manga I woud rather get.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 04:43 PM   #2941
Eclipsing the Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya
Being decently hand drawn doesn't make an anime good. I would rather spork my eyes out than ever see the original Vampire Hunter D movie again o.O

Really not interested in reading the manga, hasn't sparked my interest enough to go buy it when there's lots of other manga I woud rather get.
Frame by Frame though? Akira is more fluid than most disney films.

Suit yourself. I think you're missing out. Its very layered and engaging science fiction.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:20 PM   #2942
Jaye Jang

Kobayashi's "Kwaidan." Recommended it before. Definitely worth watching twice. It is a series of vignettes of Japanese ghost stories. The special effects are amazing considering the film was made back in the 1960's, before digital effects.
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 07:28 AM   #2943
JCC

Saving Private Ryan
Shitty. I thought the D-Day sequence people seem to like was mediocre, which is why it's the best part of the film. All of the interesting parts of that scene, the shellshock sequence, the frantic camerawork, are all systematically pissed on by Spielberg's obligatory inclusion of "AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!"s and "Oh noooooooo!"s and extreme close-ups of bloody hands that are all so ridiculously melodramatic that they play more like a satire of war films. There's a part where intestines are bubbling out of some guy's stomach (well, they're meant to be intestines but the props really aren't that great considering the massive budget) and he's going "Mommy! Mommy!" Had it been in Tropic Thunder, unaltered, it wouldn't have seemed a bit out of place. My current English teacher who's also a Film Studies teacher said that this film is perfect; this leads me to believe that she was watching a different film with a Saving Private Ryan sticker on it.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:26 AM   #2944
a morbid curiosity

The Great Gatsby.
Robert Redford was a pretty good Gatsby, but Mia Farrow was completely inadequate as Daisy. Yes, she's supposed to be shallow, but there was nothing endearing about her shallowness. You kinda wonder why he ever fell for her in the first place. Also it was too long. I fell asleep.
a morbid curiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 03:21 PM   #2945
JCC

The Sixth Sense
Also shitty.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 05:34 PM   #2946
Steppenwolf

Dark Knight
Mr. Bale IS the new Batman . This movie is a must see for everyone who loves the myth and wonder if it's possible to actualize it to modern times , but I must warn you : This new Gotham has nothing to do with the classic one ... I miss the darkness and the mistery of the good old dark city . Too much bright lights ...
Needless to speak about Joker : This guy made the role of his life , he'll stay forever as "THE" Joker .

The brave one
Now , we have a character's portrait delicately well done . It's one of those movies which would atract a lot more attention when the main character were a guy . Nothing can go wrong with Jodie Foster playing the victim . Excelent plot . A lot of moral questions . Exciting until the end .
Old 12-09-2008, 07:29 AM   #2947
$haDe

I've just finished the whole Ergo Proxy series.

Good sombre show.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:51 PM   #2948
freddy666

the phantom of the opera(2004)
for my second or third time
i also watched the 1989 version(a while ago)
both are good but i prefer the 2004 one. the 1989 did not have alot of singing though i do love robert englund

the ending made me cry
freddy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:23 PM   #2949
Eclipsing the Son

El Topo
Holy Mountain

Watched them both back to back today. The older I get the more sense these films make. They really are a mystic experience. Jodorowsky truly has his finger on the pulse of reality.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:59 AM   #2950
Wayne-Sharrocks

Them - a film by Richard Grandpierre. Quite worrying/terrifying in equal measures it was based on a true story.

The Missing - a film by Ron Howard. Excellent thriller set in New Mexico
Wayne-Sharrocks is offline   Reply With Quote