Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 04-08-2006, 05:14 AM   #26
Oubliette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Most women over here are obsessed with their weight. I say no woman is fat unless I can put my face on her skin and my silouette stays printed in her for three seconds

I don't get it. Fat chicks aren't made of memory foam.

"Can't we all just get a bong?"-Wolfie-
Oubliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 07:00 AM   #27
Wise Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannibalnuns
Most of the times when you feel hungry it is simply your body wanting water. In all honesty you do not need food nor are you hungry. So drink more water and spend time on the shunky and give your bladder some exercise.

Down with pills for cheap thrills.
Up with water to look hotter.
-Don't ask...................
True story. That is the best fucking diet tip anyone ever gave me - I'd finish a meal and still feel hungry. Then, when I heard that the hunger and thirst receptors are so close your brain can get confused and thinks you're hungry when you're thirsty, I felt like I'd discovered the secrets of the universe.

Nowadays, I hate the skinny look. Not the look itself, but the fact that's it's the most difficult for the majority of women to attain and yet is pushed as the only acceptable way to be. If it's not your natural body shape, you're most likely fighting a losing battle - unless you wanna spend all day obssessing over it and watching everything you eat, and who would want to do that when there's so much uneaten chocolate in the world? It's sick, sick I tell you! *shudders*

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Wise Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 07:08 AM   #28
Wise Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofdarkness57
My major problem is at night, though. I usually follow the diet perfectly well until the evening, where I can't control myself and eat anything in my sight. I have to work more on my determination to lose weight, I guess.
I have the exact same problem - evening munchies... I find that the best way to get around it is to have a late dinner, around 8-9 p.m. That way, you'll be less hungry in the evening and it's much easier to stop yourself from eating crap. I know most people tell you to eat earlier if you're trying to lose weight, like not after 8, which is true - it's technically more effective. But if it just means you end up eating a load of shite, you're better off with a late dinner. You can still lose weight that way. Just don't make it too carby.

Old 04-08-2006, 10:39 AM   #29
Queenofdarkness57

I decided not to take diet pills. I'm just going to start a new healthy diet and take into consideration all the tips you gave me. Plus, spring break is next week, so my friend and I decided to go walking everyday. I'll update you on everything. Thanks you guys, you rock!
Old 04-08-2006, 11:06 AM   #30
Oubliette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santarea
Twas just a joke, love.

Oh. right. got it. I'm not too sharp.

Old 04-08-2006, 11:07 AM   #31
Oubliette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofdarkness57
I decided not to take diet pills. I'm just going to start a new healthy diet and take into consideration all the tips you gave me. Plus, spring break is next week, so my friend and I decided to go walking everyday. I'll update you on everything. Thanks you guys, you rock!

Nope...you rock for making the right decision.

Old 04-08-2006, 05:46 PM   #32
Iriacynthe

I don't think you should really follow a strict diet, just try to eat healty and exercise a bit, and if you do eat a lot of junk food one day, just get over it and eat healty again the next day. You won't loose weight very quickly, but you will loose it in a good way, which is more important, really.

I'm trying to get rid of my love-handles too, so if you get sick and tired of eating healty and you just want to eat lots of chocolate, you can complain to me, I feel your pain.
Iriacynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 05:52 PM   #33
Przfinestrep

Exclamation Dont do it!!!!!!!!!

Listen u are beautiful just exercise or something....but dont do it itz really not ryte youll feel sick and tierd all the time and thats not fun.From experience dont.
Przfinestrep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 06:10 PM   #34
Godslayer Jillian

Yeah, ok. Przfinestrep, we don't like l33t speaking. Can you speak clearly?

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 10:31 PM   #35
Solumina

another good thing that you can do is eat 5 slightly smaller than normal meals a day instead of three regular ones (this way you don't get as many cravings and you keep your metabolism from dropping) and your largest meal should be breakfast and the smallest should be supper
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 07:22 AM   #36
Sobeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
another good thing that you can do is eat 5 slightly smaller than normal meals a day instead of three regular ones
le sigh...

Maintaining regular body weight is UNnatural - that's right! The body was designed to have, and your ancestors all experienced, fluctuating weight! Maintaining a certain weight is only possible due to another unnatural factor in modern life, and that's a constant supply of food. Our ancestors didn't have that, not really. Especially not over the winter months.

In fact, the three meals a day thing... ever think about where that comes from? It's quite recent, historically... read this to have a look at some examples.

Meals once a day, meals three or five times a day... bah! It's not when you eat, and it's not about strategizing personal metabolism to maximize caloric burn. The body is designed to SAVE energy so that you can USE your body as much as possible, for the four 'F's that it evolved to handle: Fighting, Fleeing, Feeding, and Sex.

I really don't understand why people don't grok the importance of actually using their bodies. It's like they think it's only there to carry the brain around or something....
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Sobeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 07:43 AM   #37
Sobeh

Hear, hear!!!
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Sobeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 09:01 AM   #38
MissJames

eating little meals all day keeps me away from the snackin.' except when there's almond joy ice cream in the freezer.
MissJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 09:04 AM   #39
Wise Child

Little meals make me happy. 'Cause there's more of 'em.

Old 04-09-2006, 12:06 PM   #40
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobeh
It's like they think it's only there to carry the brain around or something....
Mine does
Oh, and it's also helpful to lure some ladies unto me

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 09:40 PM   #41
Raina~WerewolfQueen

Hey Im just wondering. Does anyone know anything about Hydroxycut. I mean have you used it?
Raina~WerewolfQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 09:45 PM   #42
Magpie_Tendencies

Sweetie, we have a whole forum for new members. It's called introductions. It's where you go and make a thread about you and we say hi and then you toddle off to other forums and post.

Also, not to get off topic, a friend of mine used Hydroxycut and said that it was overpriced and useless. She'd been dieting a little while before trying it and said that while using Hydroxycut she lost less weight than she did when she wasn't.

She also said that she got really bad nose bleeds and headaches.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:49 PM   #43
Raina~WerewolfQueen

hmmm... maybe i need to try somthing else then. I have had it for a week now, but non of that has happoned.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:52 PM   #44
Solumina

if you don't mind me asking what exactly is your reason for the diet pill?
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 09:53 PM   #45
Magpie_Tendencies

It might have just been her bad luck... but she said it was pretty sucky.

I've heard that it's actually pretty good at suppressing appetite but all my friend said was that it was awful.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:59 PM   #46
Raina~WerewolfQueen

I take them becasue i need to shed a few.. lol Do u think I should try it for a while and see what happons.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:05 PM   #47
Magpie_Tendencies

Ok, this is a LITERARY forum, so it's appreciated if you try to use correct spelling and punctuation. 'You' is not that much harder to type than 'u'.

I think that there are better ways of losing weight than using diet pills... it's not always healthy and it's only a short term fix. Once you stop taking them, you're going to feel hungry again.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:06 PM   #48
Raina~WerewolfQueen

well i exersize everyday, but im just not seeing any results.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:18 PM   #49
Catch

Ya. There are some ways of losing weight that are better than others. Excersize is one good way and it is supposed to keep your appetite down.

Really, paying attention to what you eat is better. Sugar is bad for you. And since can just get a soda, found it easy to eat most of my calories through a straw and then take a couple vitamins. However, sugar is like a crystal and it makes your fluid sticky so it attracts fats and makes it difficult to get rid of waste.

Stopped eating so much sugar and eating more other things. Sometimes feel like eating too much, but not really. Probably consuming fewer calories a day. It is working too. Seeing some difference.

Big changes in diet can make people feel out-of-control though. so ya
Old 05-06-2006, 10:24 PM   #50
Catch

Excersizing is still a good idea though.