Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 05-20-2007, 03:50 PM   #1
heretoday_gonetomorrow

Death Note

I just LOVE this anime series, it's amazing! I can't wait until thje next one comes out! I'm dissapointed that the death god isn't a very big character any more, and that the original L is dead, but I can't stop reading. Anyways, I know they've come out with a Death Note movie in Japan, anyone see it? Know how to get a hold of a copy?
heretoday_gonetomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 04:33 PM   #2
Raptor

Hey careful, you're giving away what happens! I've seen up to the latest episode but others who haven't seen it might want to start watching.
Yeh it is amazing
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 04:40 PM   #3
killer_asian_Dax

Quote:
Originally Posted by heretoday_gonetomorrow
Anyways, I know they've come out with a Death Note movie in Japan, anyone see it? Know how to get a hold of a copy?
Get a really nice pen pal from Japan or have nice relatives.

(Gee, aren't I lucky!)

Good luck with your search.

You MAY be able to get it online from one of those anime stores like AnimeCastle.com or AnimeNation.com.

You might even want to try a site called YesAsia.com

Those would be your best bets if my first 2 suggestions aren't feasible.

My crappy Myspace
killer_asian_Dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 06:19 PM   #4
Tismine

If you access Youtube, and search "Death Note movie part 1" you may be able to find a copy. The translation is horrible, though you should be able to understand. Also, please watch your spelling. It is "disapointed" not "dissapointed." The manga is so much more interesting than the manga, which, quite frankly, made my laugh.
Tismine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 06:24 PM   #5
heretoday_gonetomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tismine
If you access Youtube, and search "Death Note movie part 1" you may be able to find a copy. The translation is horrible, though you should be able to understand. Also, please watch your spelling. It is "disapointed" not "dissapointed." The manga is so much more interesting than the manga, which, quite frankly, made my laugh.

Thanks, yeah, I figured I'd have some difficulty finding this thing, may just stick with the manga. That last sentence I'm assuming is a typo Tismine?
Old 05-20-2007, 06:43 PM   #6
Tismine

Oh dear, yes. Having not slept in a week tends to make me hallucinate more than normal. The perils of being an insomniac. No need to be testy, though.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:46 AM   #7
Raptor

I think she was just checking Tismine

I'm going to have to start on Death Note manga, I've had several people tell me its better. I've only seen the anime so far.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:50 PM   #8
Kitten of the Catacomb

The manga is so much more awesome than the actual anime that was released [sorta] recently. I heard that the Death Note movie wasn't that great because things were off, and the actors/actresses weren't cast to accuracy. However, I was also told that it wasn't too shabby. My friend was able to download it on her computer, though I'm not sure from which site, sorry.
Kitten of the Catacomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 01:11 PM   #9
Raptor

One more person I'll find time to read it at some point, must be very good, I thought the anime was great.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:23 PM   #10
DarkGentleman

Quote:
Anyways, I know they've come out with a Death Note movie in Japan, anyone see it? Know how to get a hold of a copy?
Yesterday, My daughter and I saw the live-version of the movie "Death Note" at the Otafest 07, (an anime film festival). It wasn't too bad and still I want to buy a copy of the movie too even thought it is fun to watch anyways.

I even had the pleasure of meeting Saddiction there as well. She was very pleasant and friendly.
DarkGentleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 01:27 PM   #11
DeathChii

Actually there are two movies x]
I presonally prefer the second lol but you can get it at any 'asian mall' ... where do you live? If you don't have any Asian malls in your area you can always order online.
From trashing this way and that
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
I offer this suffering of my father
"The Offering" - Stan Rice
DeathChii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 02:20 PM   #12
DarkGentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathChii
Actually there are two movies x]
I presonally prefer the second lol but you can get it at any 'asian mall' ... where do you live? If you don't have any Asian malls in your area you can always order online.
Now that you mentioned that there are 2 movies, that is correct however I thought you meant there was a animated version.

The one we saw was the first one. I just found out there was a sequel "Death Note 2: The last name". Now I want to see that one too.

There are about 3 to 4 Asian malls here, as well as some comic book stores that sell the DVDs and they can be a bit pricey too.
DarkGentleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 02:25 PM   #13
DeathChii

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGentleman
Now that you mentioned that there are 2 movies, that is correct however I thought you meant there was a animated version.

The one we saw was the first one. I just found out there was a sequel "Death Note 2: The last name". Now I want to see that one too.

There are about 3 to 4 Asian malls here, as well as some comic book stores that sell the DVDs and they can be a bit pricey too.
I live in Ontario, Canada. We have this one mall "Pacific mall" it's got everything... it's great =] good prices
btw, the second movie (well in my opinion) was soooo much better. I'd recomend watching it if you enjoyed the first one.
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
Old 05-21-2007, 02:32 PM   #14
Saddiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGentleman
I even had the pleasure of meeting Saddiction there as well. She was very pleasant and friendly.
Likewise
Old 05-21-2007, 02:33 PM   #15
heretoday_gonetomorrow

No Asian malls here in Pennsylvania that I know of >_< but I wish there were! God, I'd be there constantly. I'd love to download it but, sadly, I've got a retarded slow computer with dial-up internet.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:57 PM   #16
DeathChii

Quote:
No Asian malls here in Pennsylvania that I know of >_< but I wish there were! God, I'd be there constantly. I'd love to download it but, sadly, I've got a retarded slow computer with dial-up internet.
You should order it off the internet- if you're allowed. As long as the site begins with 'https://" it's secure
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
Old 05-21-2007, 03:23 PM   #17
heretoday_gonetomorrow

Not aloud...oh well.
Old 05-21-2007, 03:56 PM   #18
raineofblood

You could purchase the movies online if your lucky -_-'' unlike me. But seriously, they need to bring the movies to the US.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:52 PM   #19
heretoday_gonetomorrow

I know! -_- The lack of awesome Japanese stuff brought to the US is horrible. I really hate it when they translate the first few books in a manga series, bring out a whole bunch more in Japan, then stop translating the series to english. Ok, whole different subject, but yeah, it's frustrating.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:21 PM   #20
Corpsey

I've managed to accumulate all of the manga of Death Note, minus book 12, which has yet to come out in english, even though I know what the ending is. The books are awesome but I found that the passion and conflict were so less intimate when Raito comes head to head with Near and Mello. Book 9 is really where the last really good story plot ends I'd say. But overall, it's the best manga series I've ever discovered. Even beats GTO.

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 06:44 PM   #21
Tismine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsey
I've managed to accumulate all of the manga of Death Note, minus book 12, which has yet to come out in english, even though I know what the ending is. The books are awesome but I found that the passion and conflict were so less intimate when Raito comes head to head with Near and Mello. Book 9 is really where the last really good story plot ends I'd say. But overall, it's the best manga series I've ever discovered. Even beats GTO.

I stopped reading after that. It was terribly sad, and couldn't find my previous enthusiasm for the series. I do adore it, though. Anything that is that intelligent deserves to be read. Except for Misa. I despised Misa. I wanted to smack her.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:52 PM   #22
heretoday_gonetomorrow

Yes! Misa is the absolute worst character in the book. Thankfully she isn't a very important character anymore, and doesn't show up as often. I hope she gets killed off.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:00 PM   #23
Tismine

I'd love to see her face. "Like, Raito, What's goiiinngggg oooooon? Misa-Misa is confused, and she only wants her-URK"
I would laugh, especially is they made her die in some horrible fashion, such as biting off her tongue. She is an idol, so maybe she would be killed by a stalker?
Old 05-22-2007, 10:11 AM   #24
Caught

I thought the Death Note movies with real actors weren't that good... And the ending is so bad too, I definitley prefer the anime which I'm addicted to at this very moment and wondering when next one is coming out too. I have a very good site to download the anime but it's all in dutch and if you want to download the movie for free I'd recomend to use torrent, you'll need azureus too then.
Caught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 03:35 PM   #25
raineofblood

Quote:
I know! -_- The lack of awesome Japanese stuff brought to the US is horrible. I really hate it when they translate the first few books in a manga series, bring out a whole bunch more in Japan, then stop translating the series to english. Ok, whole different subject, but yeah, it's frustrating.
Frustrating...More than that. :'(
By the way, in case anyone is interested, at www.anime-eden.com and at stoptazmo.com you can download Deathnote manga and so much more. But if you just want to read the manga without downloading: mangavolume.com. Full anime episodes at animeeden. ever since I found the sites, my life has been fullfilled. hee hee.
^_^

Quote:
I'd love to see her face. "Like, Raito, What's goiiinngggg oooooon? Misa-Misa is confused, and she only wants her-URK"
I would laugh, especially is they made her die in some horrible fashion, such as biting off her tongue. She is an idol, so maybe she would be killed by a stalker?
killed by a stalker. I'd like that. Especially a horrid looking, nerdy, desperate teen stalker. I'd laugh....
Misa is plain weird I think. She has an ok fashion sense but she's an idiot.