Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 06-14-2008, 02:49 AM   #1
Barfing_Rat

Any opinion on this?

Ever since I saw this picture: http://echopic.com/img/d/7rc.jpg

I've been thinking a lot about how I want my house to be. I have decided I'd like to build a house with a grassy roof so I can put goats on it as a ornament. Then I'd have a bunches of swans in the yard to avoid invader from coming into the yard and harassing the goats on the roof.

How do this plan sound?
Barfing_Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 06:04 AM   #2
honeythorn

I want that house. I want it NOW.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 07:05 AM   #3
Underwater Ophelia

It's pretty neat, but what about the goats when there's a sudden rain?
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 07:13 AM   #4
honeythorn

Build a goat shed on the roof! It'll be a weird little parody of a treehouse. Plus goats like climbing and levels so they'd love it.

I would seriously love a house like that. It would need a very well waterproofed and reinforced roof though to cope with the weight of the soil and grass in prolonged wet weather. Also I'm pretty sure goats aren't exactly nymph like when it comes to weight. They are hefty buggers.

Wait! Problem alleviated somewhat in terms of weight...PYGMY GOATS. Only as big as a medium sized dog they are. Really cute and feisty

Actually looking again at the picture...I think those may actually be pygmy goats.
Old 06-14-2008, 11:00 AM   #5
Barfing_Rat

Honey, you seems to know a lot about those roof and goats. I've always been aware that the weight is huge and the roof need to be water proofed, but I guess I've always thought there's some kind of kit for that type of roof.

I am not sure how big goats are, but... I may have mistake pygmy goat for a baby goats in past? lol I want colorful one that will be fun to watch. The shed on roof will be a great idea as well, that way they'll be encouraged to stay up on the roof instead of coming down to the ground and ruin the show.
Barfing_Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 04:13 PM   #6
Solumina

I haven't really seen any grass roofs but I have seen a few green roofs in, it looks like we may have convinced my university to allow the ecology club and botany club work together and make a green roof on one of our buildings, they plan on having a flower garden as well as a vegetable garden
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 04:38 AM   #7
Minyaliel

Grass roofs are pretty common and very traditional in Norway. I've actually seen goats grazing on a roof. Didn't look at all out of place. Anyway, it's better than hauling your lawn mover up there to cut the grass...
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 01:25 PM   #8
twink

I like it. It would be unique and environmentally friendly at the same time. I've heard that geese are great at keeping out intruders.
twink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 02:52 PM   #9
korinna5555

I like this even better. I want one of these so badly. The goats could just come down from the roof and inside the house when it gets yucky outside!
http://www.simondale.net/house/images2/front.jpg
Old 06-15-2008, 03:05 PM   #10
KontanKarite

http://www.flickr.com/photos/seyfang/4968869/

Superior...

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 03:28 PM   #11
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by twink
I like it. It would be unique and environmentally friendly at the same time. I've heard that geese are great at keeping out intruders.

I love them but geese are total BASTARDS. Ganders ( males) especially so. Better than any guard dog! They run full pelt at you with wings open and they bite right in the inner thigh where it really fucking hurts.
Old 06-15-2008, 03:34 PM   #12
KontanKarite

Why are geese biting you, Honeythorn?

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 04:33 PM   #13
honeythorn

My nan used to have a few. And one of the garden centres I go to has free roaming geese , ducks and chickens. You have to really keep an eye on them if they are hanging about near where you park your car. I have been rushed by the gander a few times. If he gets pissy he runs at you hissing and flapping with his beak open . I am not remotely ashamed to squeal and leap in to the car to save my legs and fingers !
Old 06-15-2008, 05:00 PM   #14
L'Oiseau Noir

Quote:
Originally Posted by korinna5555
I like this even better. I want one of these so badly. The goats could just come down from the roof and inside the house when it gets yucky outside!
http://www.simondale.net/house/images2/front.jpg

It looks like a hobbit hole.

I'd totally go for it. Then I'd stick a big, wooden sign that read "Bag End" or "Wizards Welcome" out front.

"I love Wagner, but the music I prefer is that of a cat hung up by its tail outside a window and trying to stick to the panes of glass with its claws." - Charles Baudelaire

L'Oiseau Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 05:58 PM   #15
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn
I love them but geese are total BASTARDS. Ganders ( males) especially so. Better than any guard dog! They run full pelt at you with wings open and they bite right in the inner thigh where it really fucking hurts.
Heh it's even worse for small children, when I was just a small kid barely able to walk I ended up getting attacked by some of them from what my mother tells me. Fortunately it didn't turn into a traumatic experience or even a slightly memorable experience.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 12:10 AM   #16
TopHaggardDoll

Stop posting pictures of houses!!!!

I wont be able to decide which one I want!
Old 06-23-2008, 03:42 PM   #17
twink

Geese also have a habit of shitting all over the place. That could be a problem unless you want to start a compost pile.
twink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 03:50 PM   #18
Toy Killer

You know, I'm not a doctor, but I think goats shit too... Would that need any special attention?
Toy Killer is offline   Reply With Quote