Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 07-23-2007, 08:23 PM   #1
Rae Ven Rae

Should I be pissed?

Okay -- one of the things I had to do this weekend was shoot a video (I didn't want to -- I hate the things, think they are kinda cheesy -- but my good friend and manager insisted) ...

Now, I am singing along to the music, but when it gets to the fade out, I am not going along with the words all the way at the end (we're talking durign the fade out and only a few seconds), cause it's the fade out, I figure she'll put some kind of imagery at the end, so I just trail off and dance and crap, I mean -- no big deal right?

So after a bunch of clothing changes difficult poses and a bunch of pot smoking ( on my manager's money and MY CLOCK mind you) the baked "professional" starts yelling at me cause I am not lip singing the lyrics all the way to through to even the fade out -- I mean, in my face and GOING SLAP OFF...

I didn't say anything at first cause I am trying to keep the peace, but after a while I was like -- look bitch, you didn't tell me what you wanted -- this is my first fucking shoot, so if you want me to do something just tell me, don't go off like an idiot -- it's not like I would say "hey, fuck you, I don't want to sing the lyrics"...I just didn't know she wanted me to do that...

All she had to do was tell me...

When I got angry and let he know that she was being a jerk by not being communicative about what she wanted and then trying to blame me, her assistant was like, "Hey calm down -- it's not a big deal."

I agreed--- but I wasn't the one who made it a big deal -- SHE DID!

So after that was resolved we take a break where the duo proceed to roll up more joints and smoke, then the one girl says to the main videographer -- "Hey Terri, I know you can be a hard ass but I don't take it personally, I mean some people are just so sensitive..."

On and on all through the shoot they kept saying stupid shit and making digs at me while I was there -- I kept my kewl cause I just wanted to get done and get the hell out of there.

I was pissed beyond words.

We spent thousands of dollars on this thing, not easy money either -- none of us are rich! The least she could do is not get high during the shoot -- also, I don't smoke -- can't she do that shit when I AM NOT in the room -- I mean damn....if I wanted to smoke pot I would. I don't. She knows that. Hello -- contact high! Do that on your own time -- not when I am paying you to do a job with all your mental faculties in tact!!!!!!

I told my hubby and manager and they told me I should have just ended the shoot and left -- maybe, but I wanted to get it over with -- I didn't want to have to do another shoot with another videographer...

But to add insult to injury -- she called MY MANAGER to complain that I WAS THE ONE with an attitude even though I kept my mouth shut while they sat there and acted like schoolyard bullies and shit, saying crap or EIGHT HOURS, when I was perfectly happy to let the matter drop and move on ...

I was livid and thinking about it now makes me angry....I want to say something but she is still editing the video and I am afraid she will fuck it up on purpose just to spite me.

I won't work with her again to be sure but...

Am I wrong to be this mad????
Rae Ven Rae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 08:34 PM   #2
Rae Ven Rae

bump bump bump
Old 07-23-2007, 08:38 PM   #3
Alaizabel Cray

Rae, I think you totally have the right to be mad. The people in charge of organizing and shooting the video have a responsibility to make sure that everyone is on the same page before the shoot begins, to avoid these sorts of mishaps. By not telling you exactly what was expected, they gave up their right to expect it. The fact that this chick was high the whole time is ridiculous as well. I agree, she's not being paid to smoke pot and make you feel bad. She's paid you make you feel good about the whole thing so you'll hire them again. Maybe I'm being naive, but can your manager find a way to speak with her superior about her behavior?
Old 07-23-2007, 08:43 PM   #4
Rae Ven Rae

she's an independent artist who he worked with on an unrelated job, and since we didn't know any people who did that kind of work (for less than 50 grand) she seemed like a good choice--lesson learned --

Thank you...:-)
Old 07-23-2007, 11:05 PM   #5
Totschläger

Its all fun and games until someone smokes the reefer...
Totschläger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 11:22 PM   #6
KontanKarite

Holy shit. Those people are RUDE. I understand wanting to just get it over with though.

If there's one thing that I understand, it's doing things with or for people who are idiots and have no consideration about you.

Be pissed, but I wouldn't work with the dumb fuck anymore.

Actually, I'm pretty much recuperating from living with a pot head for about 5 or 6 months right now. I'm just going to say that my track record of being around pot heads aren't good experiences so far.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 11:41 PM   #7
Rae Ven Rae

Me too -- I mean no respect to those who smoke -- but the ones I know personally are horrible in relationships, flake out, don't take responsibility -- don't hold jobs and fly off the handle easily like Ms Thang did...

Got to the point if I found out a dude smoked I ran like a scalded dog...

There can be exceptions (and most think they ARE the exception), but in ten years of doing music, I haven't met one who held it together for long or who coudl be trusted...
Old 07-24-2007, 07:41 AM   #8
Cappinator

Rae, you should have gone ballistic and fired them. Kudos for staying calm. Take a deep breath, go zen and realize that you were the only adult in that room.

Chill, you did good.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:31 AM   #9
Valerius

Eh, a lot of times these 'independents' have attitude problems. Figures why they're independent in the first place because they can't handle being told what to do. I would've fired her first sign of her being a total bitch about what you would have wanted done.

-Oscar Van den Boogaard, Dutch pacifist
Valerius is offline   Reply With Quote