Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 06-19-2006, 02:45 PM   #51
flawed-mentality

not bad, i'll admit the selling was bad , but why rip into the person that only causes stryf.. and then people start acting off emotion not reason..if you understand the general idea then why get all huffy about it.
Old 06-19-2006, 03:27 PM   #52
TheCastrator

Y'know*, I like the importance put on proper use of the English language here. Another forum I frequent has a similar standpoint** and it's nice to know that in these horrific days of |\|375P33|< and txt msgs, there are a few places that actually say "Wait, wait, hold on. Are you in such a rush that you can't move your middle finger one inch to the right? Do you have access to a keyboard? What on Earth is wrong with you?".

The English language is clumsy at times("I love cake", "I love the way the sun seems scared to rise in winter", "I love her". All 'love', all different) and to use it poorly means you can't describe the world as well as you possibly could.

Sorry, I seem to be babbling.

Keep up the grammar nazism.

*It's allowed. I put in an apostrophe. It's allowed.
**Despite the fact that it's being a bit lazy about it these days. Damn them.***
***I like making footnotes.
TheCastrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 08:15 PM   #53
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flawed-mentality
calling them that makes you look kinda bad for sinking to there level
Flawed, just because you said I sank to your level doesn't make it true.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 08:34 PM   #54
Wise Child

People aren't flamed for the odd little typo or mistake. Corrected, probably, but not flamed. They're flamed for persistant idiocy or ignoring the rules. If someone tries to be an asshole, and spells it wrong, then yeah, their post will be picked to pieces.

I used to think the flaming went a little far, and I still do, sometimes. Admittedly, there do seem to be occasions where effort doesn't matter once somebody takes a dislike. But a good point was made earlier about it being a way of controlling the intelligence levels of the forum; nobody wants an influx of morons.

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Wise Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 11:38 PM   #55
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
not bad, i'll admit the selling was bad , but why rip into the person that only causes stryf.. and then people start acting off emotion not reason..if you understand the general idea then why get all huffy about it.
You have got to be kidding me! First, I just barely understood this post. It appears to be one long sentence, but I believe after looking at it a while, that a period should go after the word "person". The period is very important. Without it, I thought you were against people ripping into the people who only cause strife. So your point about getting the "general idea" is shot down in flames.

And since when is a vague general understanding acceptable ? Are half cooked pasta noodles acceptable at a restaurant? Is it acceptable to read the preliminary outline instead of the finished novel? Don't short-change yourself. Expect to be spoken to in a clear, consise and thoughful manner here. You'll like it!

When I speak, I always make sure to speak clearly, with proper enunciation. I was raised that way. If I have something to say that I think is important enough for others to hear, it's worth a little effort (and it takes very little effort) to make sure I'm easily understood. The same is true in print.

Why wouldn't you want to be understood clearly? Why wouldn't you want to use words eloquently, letting them reflect you in the best light? Why insult yourself and your readers by saying "They're not worth that extra effort"?

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 05:24 PM   #56
Sanctus Dei

Quote:

Fucking christ crack baby... Here's a wealth of information for you so read carefully:

THIS IS A LITERARY SITE.

Do you follow? LITERARY...ya know, like reading/writing and shit? So, if we use a minor amount of critical deduction (let me know if this confuses you) we just might fall under the obvious understanding that GRAMMAR, SPELLING, and PUNCTUATION could be an important trait for a contributing member, YES?? When you type like an uneducated idiot you emit the direct visage of an uneducated idiot... yet you blame us for our lack of patience for the trash you spread amidst our grounds? Mighty fucking presumptuous asshole.

Oh... and who's getting huffy? Your lack of education has little affect on my temperament, just your mental appearance.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 03:27 AM   #57
Loy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADSEED
Actually i joined in aug.2004, i was wrong in the previous post.
And weren't you banned for a while? What exactly were you banned for? I think everyone here should know.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:43 AM   #58
BADSEED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loy
And weren't you banned for a while? What exactly were you banned for? I think everyone here should know.
Do you really?
Well we went throught his back in may and explaining it over and over is old. It musta been explained 10 times and there are about 8 different conflicting stories why. What would you just like to stir the bees nest somemore.
BADSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 01:08 PM   #59
Loy

Well, I really don't think people here DO know why you were banned, and I think they should, just like how in Washington state, sexual predators have to let neighborhoods they move into know that they're gonna live there.

As for your "explanation"....sounds more like 2 parts waffling, 1 part cognative dissonance, and a whole lot of placing the blame on others for your fuckup.

No, what I want from you is an honest explanation...think of it like going to confession at church.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:34 PM   #60
Draconysius

Oh, are you still here, BADSEED? I thought I squished that fly long ago.
So, you're once here again bragging about how long you've been a member and criticizing anyone that hasn't been here as long as you. Well, think about this: Being a member a forum only means you're interested in the forum. People that belong to forums for a long time either have a lot of intelligent things to say, or are trying to fit in a certain clique. You obviously don't have a SINGLE thing intelligent to say, as most of your posts are either bitching, patronizing, or mindless banter. Therefore, with option one out of the way, what do we have left? In assemblies of intelligence, someone that isn't exactly INTELLIGEnT shouldn't belong, because they would obviously not be a useful addition to the assembly. Intelligent and mature "goths" like myself try to rid the scene of all people who misrepresent it. We are a subculture of intellelect, reflection, and expression. Therefore, a stupid art-phobic, hypocrite would definitely not be welcome. Therefore, shoo!
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 01:48 PM   #61
BADSEED

Look Loy, your trying to make me look bad by saying I'm a stalker, predator, whatever, that's complete bullshit and if you slander my name that wouldn't be cool. There was no proof of what a few people were saying because nothing happened!! People talked to me by choice how can i force someone to talk to me. No one on this board is within apprx. 800 miles of me. Call me a sexual predator when I'm 800 miles away from the closest female member. I haven't done anything but get in really bad verbal arguments with people who didn't know a fucking thing about what was going on (2 yrs ago btw). If you choose to slander my name saying something rediculous like I'm a sexual predator, there WILL be legal action.

And as for an explanation, I don't owe you or anyone else SHIT that wasn't involved in the ordeal. This shit was taken care of like 2 years ago.
I didn't ever think we had a problem with eachother but obviously i was wrong!
Old 06-21-2006, 02:06 PM   #62
BADSEED

[quote=Draconysius]Oh, are you still here, BADSEED? I thought I squished that fly long ago.
So, you're once here again bragging about how long you've been a member and criticizing anyone that hasn't been here as long as you. Well, think about this: Being a member a forum only means you're interested in the forum. People that belong to forums for a long time either have a lot of intelligent things to say, or are trying to fit in a certain clique. You obviously don't have a SINGLE thing intelligent to say, as most of your posts are either bitching, patronizing, or mindless banter. Therefore, with option one out of the way, what do we have left? In assemblies of intelligence, someone that isn't exactly INTELLIGEnT shouldn't belong, because they would obviously not be a useful addition to the assembly. Intelligent and mature "goths" like myself try to rid the scene of all people who misrepresent it. We are a subculture of intellelect, reflection, and expression. Therefore, a stupid art-phobic, hypocrite would definitely not be welcome. Therefore, shoo![/QUOTE

I'm going out, but let me just say this skid mark, You don't know shit. Why don't you just shut the fuck up. You would never say the things your saying now to my face, guaranteed, so don't say them now! As a rule people shouldn't say anything to someone over the net that they would say if they were standing right in front of them.
Sorry I don't have enough time to have an intellectual conversation.
But why don't you shut up and go stick your head up your ass you waste of flesh, I'm sure it will fit.
Another words mind your fucking buisiness you fucking stupid prick!
Go try and impress someone else with your infinite knowledge, dickbag.
Go choke a rat you fucking Douchepump!
You spineless piece of shit!
STFU!!!!!
Old 06-21-2006, 02:10 PM   #63
BADSEED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex
I believe that is what we call a similie boys and girls. Aww poor badseed doesn't understand.
What you make no sense, you have no idea what you are talking about and when you were born the doctor smacked your mother in stead of your ass. You fucking Schmuck.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:30 PM   #64
BADSEED

Everyone is just so fucking intelligent on these boards, who's going to win the next Nobel Peace Prize, A bunch of regular Einstiens. Just go try to impress someone else.

You know there were a lot of people i used to really like on these boards, now it's just newcomers trying to be cool by telling people they are stupid.

No wonder all the cool people left!
Old 06-21-2006, 05:43 PM   #65
mydnyght

**yawn**whatever
mydnyght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 06:15 PM   #66
Catch

I've taken a lot of hits and managed to avoid flaming anyone.

You know, the banner "placebo.meds" is that saying they aren't the real thing or you'll think they are the real thing but it is all in your head or give me money for making you think we're the real thing and that's talented?
Old 06-21-2006, 06:40 PM   #67
Draconysius

If you don't have time for an intelligent conversation, why in hell do you have to time to repost 50 seperate rants about "you don't know shit" and "you'd never say that to my face"? Actually, I would say that to your face if given the opportunity, but I'd say it calmly. I feel like, um... expressing my opinion once in a while. I'm not, however, looking for a fistfight, or to boost my ego by later claiming "I totally kicked this guy's ass". I call you immature because, frankly, you reply to anyone's negative opinions of you with curse-words --something even four-year-olds can do. Try finding an actual REASON to be pissed, other than your own stupidity and immaturity.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:16 AM   #68
Loy

Badseed-legal action? For what? Asking you to explain why you were kicked off in the first place? As for insinuating you were a predator...if you look at what I typed, I just used the local laws here as an example. All I was saying was that before you pull the "I'm an old-schooler" crap, you need to explain to all the people exactly what happenned that made you unwelcome here.

As for libel? Maybe you didn't catch on, but I am an editor for a magazine. I'm very aware of libel/slander, as I have to make sure articles don't include statements that can be construed as such. As far as I can see, nothing I wrote out here can fall under such laws. If you'd like, I can ask my lawyers to look over what I typed out and see if they fall under such laws. You know, just to be on the safe side.

As I pointed out, I never called you a predator...you opened your big mouth and made that insinuation all on your own.

But really, all this huffing and puffing, and I still haven't gotten a straight answer. DC Creep-would you like to explain to these folks here exactly why you were banned from Gothic.Net?
Old 06-22-2006, 05:55 AM   #69
BADSEED

Loy,
I was hated by a handful of people. They blew things way way out of proportion (you know the good ol Gnet way!) Everyone took sides in the sand box and stuck their nose into a scenario that was none of their buisiness. I was labled all sorts of really fucked up things, that were not true. Then my posts got edited by a certain few people to make me look bad, I was even blamed for screen names that weren't mine, sure I used a couple screen names to defend myself because people were calling me a psycho and a stalker after I left the first time. How am I going to stalk someone 400 miles away. Me and a so called friend were im'ing each other almost every day then she decided to start making up stories of how i was a psycho and a stalker with her partner in crime. Then they along with like 2 more people started making up all sorts of Bullshit. I was banned for a friend that logged on this site and said many vulgar things about certain people. And for other untrue accusations. Like I said before in order for someone to be guilty of threats, stalking, and whatever other bullshit i was blamed of, when everyone else just about was doing the same exact thing. And the insinuation i made came out of what you were implying.
This is about the 40th time we've been through this and all parties involved including a certain someone agreed it is squashed, water under the bridge.
I don't even know why I'm trying to explain this, I mustlike you somewhat Loy. Cause I don't owe anyone an explanation on these boards.
The Administation told me i could stay no prob.
And for me to be guilty of being a stalker, psycho, or whatever the fuck they were saying back the there needs to be proof.
So where is it? Like i said before you might come up with some in a week when you get done fabricating it.
Old 06-22-2006, 06:24 AM   #70
BADSEED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconysius
If you don't have time for an intelligent conversation, why in hell do you have to time to repost 50 seperate rants about "you don't know shit" and "you'd never say that to my face"? Actually, I would say that to your face if given the opportunity, but I'd say it calmly. I feel like, um... expressing my opinion once in a while. I'm not, however, looking for a fistfight, or to boost my ego by later claiming "I totally kicked this guy's ass". I call you immature because, frankly, you reply to anyone's negative opinions of you with curse-words --something even four-year-olds can do. Try finding an actual REASON to be pissed, other than your own stupidity and immaturity.
50 seperate rants, your either autistic, or you just can't count (I thought you were so intelligent, I guess you suck at math though)
So your calling me stupid and immature, what makes you so fucking smart and mature. It's kind of hard to keep coming back with new rebutals to the same old shit you say. In my whiniest voice possible,"Your so immature and unintelligent, I don't think you belong here." It'd the same old shit every time. I am who I am, What you see is what you get. You don't know shit about what i do or what I've accomplished. And for you to call me immature or uninteligent only really shows you ignorance.
I guess your going to say I'm both of those things cause I ripped on you a lil bit. But does that make me immature or uninteligent?
I think it means I don't fucking like you and don't give a fuck what you think about me.
And just to be more immature I highly doubt you would say anything to my face the way you come accross on the computer, maybe you would express yourself by saying it under your breath then trying to run away, cause I've seen your pictures I doubt you could run i block without falling to your knees.
It comes down to this you stated your opinion and I stated mine.
So you don't like me and I can't stand you, you pathetic example of a man, so just ignore me cause unless i'm banned I'm here to stay until I'm bored.
And if I bust you microscopic nuts it's not because I'm unintelligent or immature, It's because you are an annoying lil whining bloody cunt! Where are you from anyway?
Old 06-22-2006, 11:56 AM   #71
darkangel81

Quote:
I denounce proper gramer all the time...purposly accidentaly no matter ...why must you call someone dimwitted ,if they are there actions will proove it ,calling them that makes you look kinda bad for sinking to there level, or were you unable to think of anything clever to say...
You purposefully choose to R*ape a language that is both very expressive and beautifull?
I love English, especcially British.
I always try my best to use proper words and spell them correctly.
R*aping a language is not really a sign of intellect nor of common courtesy.

(Not my native language since i'm from holland)
darkangel81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:51 PM   #72
spookypurple

Nicely put.

I feel the need for a red pen coming on!

Hamlet
spookypurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 10:18 AM   #73
Draconysius

Quote:
50 seperate rants, your either autistic, or you just can't count (I thought you were so intelligent, I guess you suck at math though)
It's called a figure-of-speech. Sometimes, adults use exagerrated large numbers to implement the idea of ad nauseam.
Quote:
So your calling me stupid and immature, what makes you so fucking smart and mature. It's kind of hard to keep coming back with new rebutals to the same old shit you say. In my whiniest voice possible,"Your so immature and unintelligent, I don't think you belong here." It'd the same old shit every time. I am who I am, What you see is what you get. You don't know shit about what i do or what I've accomplished. And for you to call me immature or uninteligent only really shows you ignorance.
Well, I'll tell you my reasons for calling you immature:
1.You overuse curse-words; tools of those so immature that they need to use big, offensive words to sound like a "big man".
2.When I first saw you, you posted something in the wrong thread, and I told you quite politely that there was already another thread for it. Yet, somehow, you took it in your egocentric little mind (I call you egocentric from observing your behavior) that I was insulting you in some way. Most of the time, reactions like "And just who are YOU?" are knee-jerk reactions due to a lack of intelligence.
Quote:
I guess your going to say I'm both of those things cause I ripped on you a lil bit. But does that make me immature or uninteligent?
Yes, it does. Ripping is needless patronizing. I wouldn't have a problem if you just disagreed with me, but immediately cocking an attitude tends to annoy people.[/quote]
Quote:
I think it means I don't fucking like you and don't give a fuck what you think about me.
I'm fine with you not liking me; that's your personal right. However, if my opinion doesn't matter to you, I don't think you'd still be arguing with me.
Quote:
And just to be more immature I highly doubt you would say anything to my face the way you come accross on the computer, maybe you would express yourself by saying it under your breath then trying to run away, cause I've seen your pictures I doubt you could run i block without falling to your knees.
Wow, now THAT'S mature. I mean, judging me solely by my appearance. Hey, if you don't want to look like an idiot, think before you post. Use your mind, not your rage.
Quote:
It comes down to this you stated your opinion and I stated mine.
So you don't like me and I can't stand you, you pathetic example of a man, so just ignore me cause unless i'm banned I'm here to stay until I'm bored.
And if I bust you microscopic nuts it's not because I'm unintelligent or immature, It's because you are an annoying lil whining bloody cunt! Where are you from anyway?
Wow, what does that last sentence remind me of? If you're trying to come off as mature, you've certainly convinced me. Geez, I mean assaulting my personal opinion because I'm an annoying lil whining bloody cunt? Hey, that's your opinion, and I don't agree with it. I honestly don't understand why you ever joined the forums, but at least I'm relieving some stress this way. Good day!
Old 07-03-2006, 03:01 PM   #74
darkangel81

Hear, Hear. Let's TALK less about how it should be and jest MAKE it as it should be. If there is any need to point out bas spelling or grammar to someone let's be civilized and courteous about it.
darkangel81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 10:23 PM   #75
BILLYDEATH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
And now, apparently, this dim-witted creature decided to renounce proper grammar entirely.
badseed is right. If you don't like our thread than don't respond this is bullshit. you aren't a satanist, just a little punk. Grow up or get lost.
BILLYDEATH is offline   Reply With Quote