Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 05-31-2008, 04:22 PM   #51
I Am Great.

It's one of my goals in life to show people that life ain't worth taking seriously. If you're not laughing then you're crying, so get to laughing mother fuckers!
I Am Great. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 04:36 PM   #52
Godslayer Jillian

That would imply that we have to force ourselves to enjoy ourselves, lest we find the world not worth our time.
I'd say: If you're not laughing then you're doing it wrong!

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 04:45 PM   #53
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
But some of us like wallowing in futile melancholy, and staring Death in the face...

...and Jimmy Neutron.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 05:05 PM   #54
I Am Great.

Fuck death, death is inevitable, and wallowing in the fact is a waste of time. Live life while you fucking can. Go out and get drunk, meet a woman / man, start a fight, win a fluffy toy at the carnival or draw a funny picture in a public toilet. We all have limited time, and caring about what others think is not a good use of it. People will always have opinions. You can not make everyone happy at the same time. Some people will always dislike you, and that's that. When you next walk somewhere, make sure you smile and acknowledge others, even just a nod. You mightn't be remembered, but for at least a split second, you will remind someone that they are alive, and hopefully they will enjoy their life that small bit more.

San Dimas High School football rules!
Old 05-31-2008, 06:35 PM   #55
HumanePain

I disagree: wallowing in it paradoxically adds another dimension to living. Yes, I have lived life, enjoyed concerts, friends, food, many authors books, the Virgin Islands, Hawaii (three times) and almost every state in the U.S. and next year will be enjoying Europe, and I especially enjoy being a grandfather, but your view reminds me of Lucy in Peanuts: "Why can't life be up all time? Up up UP!".

I value a more objective and thus complete perspective by including death rather than closing my eyes to that aspect of life.

By the way, right now I am enjoying this civil conversation we are having, mostly because your previous post actually has something meaningful to say in a non sexual and non-self gratifying manner.

I predict that this however will be short lived.

Old 05-31-2008, 06:48 PM   #56
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain
almost every state
Have you been to Wisconsin?

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 06:49 PM   #57
I Am Great.

Mother fucker, I ain't all wise guy. I've lived long enough to know when and where, and I enjoy ignoring the when and the where.

As for the subject, sure, you can't really enjoy the happy without knowing the sad, but FUCK, manG, we experience it anyways. It's good to have a true perspective, but why gander at the bad too long? It's always gonna be there, just switch on the news. All my friends are dead or have disappeared now I'm clean, but shit, fuck it, yo, times a wastin' and my watch hasn't run out of batteries. Life's depressing enough. Smile, crocodile, 'cuz the son of a bitch Hook can hear the clock ticking in yr belly, and when he hears it, it's killing time. The tick tock only makes us realize how finite we all are, in the blink of a trees eye we're dead and buried and they won't even know.

Fuck I'm getting drunk.

Also, from a user to an abuser, try not to be so damn condescending.
Old 05-31-2008, 07:21 PM   #58
HumanePain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus
Have you been to Wisconsin?
Yes, twice: Menomonee Falls and Milwaukee. I visited the former in the summer when everything was green and walked along the shore of Lake Michigan collecting fossil mollusks, and visited the latter in spring, cool, almost chilly, but the locals have outdoor concerts in the parking lots, and one can legally enjoy drinking in public whilst enjoying the music.

And Duck, Jillian said the same thing to me once, but I swear I can't help it, I do not intend to come across condescending. Which sentence in my earlier post was condescending? O_o

Old 05-31-2008, 08:46 PM   #59
Godslayer Jillian

I promise I'm not one of those pansies that desperately look for a middle ground!
But in this case, cliché as it might be, you're both right.
Humane is saying that sadness is a part of life, and it is unrealistic and unfulfilling to live a life trying to pathologically avoid it.
Meanwhile Duck is saying that we all know sadness is a part of life but there's no point in giving it a second thought and enjoying what you can actually enjoy.
Now, this is a very black and white way to put your opinions, but that's the range we're working on. Indeed life has its suffering and sadness - but definitely is not drowned in them, for all the wallowers and mopeheads that don't dare make their lives what they whine they could be - and indeed if we know sadness is a part of life why overstress it? So long as we are genuinely optimistic, which does not mean idealistic, life is good; but if we're forcing ourselves to faked happiness for the sake of escapism, we're just dodging a problem, not getting rid of it.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 05-31-2008, 09:52 PM   #60
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain
Yes, twice: Menomonee Falls and Milwaukee. I visited the former in the summer when everything was green and walked along the shore of Lake Michigan collecting fossil mollusks, and visited the latter in spring, cool, almost chilly, but the locals have outdoor concerts in the parking lots, and one can legally enjoy drinking in public whilst enjoying the music.
When was this, and why didn't you tell me you were in the area? Before you tell me you didn't even know me at the time did you even take the time to consider making a time machine so you could tell your past self about me?

But yeah drinking in public here is legal, is it illegal to drink in public over in California? We do have alot of outdoor concerts, heck we have the world's biggest music festival(summerfest). But you should visit again somtime, within the next month if you could since I'm heading off to basic July 2nd. I'll have a brat and a beer waiting for you if you do.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 10:12 PM   #61
Tumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opteron_Man
Everyone here hates my goddamn guts
Not everyone hates you. I, for one, simply have no opinion of you one way or the other. And don't take that the wrong way... I have no opinions of most the people here.
Tumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 11:23 PM   #62
Duane

It could be worse, you could be me *is covered in rotten vegetables* WHERE DO PEOPLE GET THIS STUFF!?!
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 11:45 PM   #63
Wednesday Friday Addams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane
It could be worse, you could be me *is covered in rotten vegetables* WHERE DO PEOPLE GET THIS STUFF!?!

Hey look someone else has joined your pity party.
Wednesday Friday Addams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 12:56 AM   #64
L'Oiseau Noir

I don't have a problem with you, Opteron. Yes, it's true you do make some pointless threads, but don't be disheartened. Everyone here makes them, at one point or another.

In fact, I'd have the gall to say at least ninety percent of the threads posters put up here, including myself, are rubbish, and are usually utilized to indulge their egos, exploit their useless opinions on equally useless subject matter, discuss the same bands over and over again, dump on other members of the site through satire, bomb religion, and a slew of other things. The list is too vast to cover.

Anyway, point is, lighten up! It's just a forum, and because it's a forum, you can expect to get flak. The internet's a playground for people, who, in reality, would never approach that 6'5 man with the bald head just to tell them they thought their tattoo looked stupid. That goes for me, too. I'm not nearly as bitchy as I am online in reality. Why? Because I can get away with it, which, I can nearly guarantee, are the same thoughts running through a majority of other internet-users' heads. But that's not to say everyone. There are people who're no different online than they are in everyday life. I'm only stating this from observations I've made of my friends, people they know, family, and so on. So don't take it as solid facts.

Just keep your chin up, that's the only advice I can give you.

"I love Wagner, but the music I prefer is that of a cat hung up by its tail outside a window and trying to stick to the panes of glass with its claws." - Charles Baudelaire

L'Oiseau Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 01:08 AM   #65
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Oiseau Noir
The list is too vast to cover.
Actually, you've pretty much summed up everything the internet and the world has to offer.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 06-15-2008, 06:23 PM   #66
XxBloodyrosexX

oHHH I love you !!! *rubs back* don't worry. I've had several ppl yell ay me and hate me! *see "my daughter had discovered loli*ta" in fashion* I just don't take it to heart and give a little smile at their foolishness!! remember it's the internet!! ppl say stuff here they normally wouldn't to your face and ppl make acounts places on purpose to yell and make fun of everyone else!! they are on the internet, they can't phisically hurt you + most are younger than you or as old aas your dad!!! @ least for me.....the latter
XxBloodyrosexX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 06:36 PM   #67
I Am Great.

Let This Thread Fucking Die!!!!!!!! Stop Fucking Posting In This Fucking Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All The Funny Shit Has Been Fucking Said Already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stop Fucking Necroposting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fucking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-16-2008, 12:18 AM   #68
TopHaggardDoll

LOL! my partner's dad...had a foriegn mate who would just say "fucking!!!!!" with nothing else on the end...

and he couldn't seem to grasp that you had to be "fucking" something...so to speak.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:06 AM   #69
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
I promise I'm not one of those pansies that desperately look for a middle ground!
But in this case, cliché as it might be, you're both right.
Humane is saying that sadness is a part of life, and it is unrealistic and unfulfilling to live a life trying to pathologically avoid it.
Meanwhile Duck is saying that we all know sadness is a part of life but there's no point in giving it a second thought and enjoying what you can actually enjoy.
Now, this is a very black and white way to put your opinions, but that's the range we're working on. Indeed life has its suffering and sadness - but definitely is not drowned in them, for all the wallowers and mopeheads that don't dare make their lives what they whine they could be - and indeed if we know sadness is a part of life why overstress it? So long as we are genuinely optimistic, which does not mean idealistic, life is good; but if we're forcing ourselves to faked happiness for the sake of escapism, we're just dodging a problem, not getting rid of it.

I suddenly had a vision of I <3 Huckabees
Sir Canvas Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 10:29 AM   #70
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Oiseau Noir
I don't have a problem with you, Opteron. Yes, it's true you do make some pointless threads, but don't be disheartened. Everyone here makes them, at one point or another.

In fact, I'd have the gall to say at least ninety percent of the threads posters put up here, including myself, are rubbish, and are usually utilized to indulge their egos, exploit their useless opinions on equally useless subject matter, discuss the same bands over and over again, dump on other members of the site through satire, bomb religion, and a slew of other things. The list is too vast to cover.

Anyway, point is, lighten up! It's just a forum, and because it's a forum, you can expect to get flak. The internet's a playground for people, who, in reality, would never approach that 6'5 man with the bald head just to tell them they thought their tattoo looked stupid. That goes for me, too. I'm not nearly as bitchy as I am online in reality. Why? Because I can get away with it, which, I can nearly guarantee, are the same thoughts running through a majority of other internet-users' heads. But that's not to say everyone. There are people who're no different online than they are in everyday life. I'm only stating this from observations I've made of my friends, people they know, family, and so on. So don't take it as solid facts.

Just keep your chin up, that's the only advice I can give you.
Thankies L'Oiseau Noir!
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 10:58 AM   #71
L'Oiseau Noir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opteron_Man
Thankies L'Oiseau Noir!
No problem, love.

"I love Wagner, but the music I prefer is that of a cat hung up by its tail outside a window and trying to stick to the panes of glass with its claws." - Charles Baudelaire

L'Oiseau Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 11:08 AM   #72
blackwater1110

I had a slightly positive opinion of you until you posted this thread. Sorry.

Just kidding, you seem alright to me. I still don't know whether any of the stuff you write about UFOs or free energy has any basis in reality, but it's interesting reading anyhow. How's that piercing healing up?
blackwater1110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 12:12 PM   #73
Metabolik

I like you...

:3
Old 06-21-2008, 12:16 PM   #74
I Am Great.

[Stabs the fucking shit out of thread].

FUCKING DIE!!!!!!!
Old 06-21-2008, 12:35 PM   #75
Methadrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Great.
[Stabs the fucking shit out of thread].

FUCKING DIE!!!!!!!
Well, seems like that opteron dude finally made SOMETHING perpetual atleast: this thread.

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote