Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 08-05-2009, 01:56 PM   #501
Godslayer Jillian

You don't realize you don't even know why you hate the government?
You're just like those "liberal pussies" you complain about. You're the hipster dissenter. Fuck the government.... why? I don't know, but fuck it. Out of the thousands of legitimate things to hate authority, I won't actually research any of them and will just blurt out bullshit to sound smart and critical.

I'm an anarchist that votes, period.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 02:03 PM   #502
vindicatedxjin

Listen Mr. "I think I know everything and don't give a fuck about others opinions" I don't give a fuck if you vote or not... Do what you want I don't care. But don't tell me I don't know what I believe in...Do you have any fucking clue how much I've read up and written on this subject?

This topic is on guns... I gave my opinion...and then elaborated on my sentiments towards the government.

I hate it for every reason that I've mentioned so why the hell are you saying I don't have a reason??? seriously??? How does what YOUR saying make any sense?

At least I KNOW what I believe in...

Your an "anarchist" that votes??? how does that work???

The definition of anarchist is... a person who rebels against any authority, established order, or ruling power...

How does "voting" for a president, official, congressman, etc etc. fit in with that???
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 02:08 PM   #503
the-nihilist

I vote but most people in my state probably watch Fox News and listen to Rush Limbaugh, so it's probably a waste of time.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:15 PM   #504
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicatedxjin View Post
Listen Mr. "I think I know everything and don't give a fuck about others opinions" I don't give a fuck if you vote or not... Do what you want I don't care. But don't tell me I don't know what I believe in...Do you have any fucking clue how much I've read up and written on this subject?
Because you obviously believe that a centralized federal government (i.e. your emphasis on the president) is better than a corrupt but at least more representative republic (i.e. your bullshit talk about congress)
Quote:
This topic is on guns... I gave my opinion...and then elaborated on my sentiments towards the government.
Trust me, it's not elaborate.
Quote:
I hate it for every reason that I've mentioned so why the hell are you saying I don't have a reason??? seriously??? How does what YOUR saying make any sense?
Because if that's ALL your reason it's a fucking stupid reason, just like any other hipster dissenter.
Quote:
Your an "anarchist" that votes??? how does that work???
The definition of anarchist is... a person who rebels against any authority, established order, or ruling power...

How does "voting" for a president, official, congressman, etc etc. fit in with that???
More people would die and be oppressed if McCain had won. You see, I'm mature enough to understand the big picture and the futility of my ideals to happen in the present. You're just pissed for no intelligent reason at all.
By the way, don't pretend you know shit about anarchism unless you know who Kropotkin is.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:19 PM   #505
the-nihilist

http://www.theonion.com/content/opin...te_cancels_out
Old 08-05-2009, 02:24 PM   #506
vindicatedxjin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian View Post
Because you obviously believe that a centralized federal government (i.e. your emphasis on the president) is better than a corrupt but at least more representative republic (i.e. your bullshit talk about congress)
Trust me, it's not elaborate.
Because if that's ALL your reason it's a fucking stupid reason, just like any other hipster dissenter.

More people would die and be oppressed if McCain had won. You see, I'm mature enough to understand the big picture and the futility of my ideals to happen in the present. You're just pissed for no intelligent reason at all.
By the way, don't pretend you know shit about anarchism unless you know who Kropotkin is.

You honestly think I'm ignorant don't you? Is it because I'm a girl? Is it because I have a different mentality than you?

First of all...I never said that the gun issue was my only reason for disliking the government...its the guns, the health care, the abortion/life/death mentality, cigarettes, marijuana, gay rights, my list could go on and on. I'm not pretending about anything and I'm actually not even pissed...I just don't like being told what to believe in and how to go about doing so....And of course I know who kropotkin is...I know about the majority of anarchist revolutionists
Old 08-05-2009, 02:49 PM   #507
Godslayer Jillian

Really? Tell me about some anarchist revolutionists. I won't be here to read the answer today, but I promise to continue this.
And I'm not even talking about guns here. I didn't even once mention guns regarding your posts if I remember correctly. What I've been talking about is that you apparently seem to prefer to take away the power of Congress, the legislative branch, the branch that make this country a representative democracy, still liable to states rights, just so that the central authority of the president is not hindered.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 08-05-2009, 04:19 PM   #508
KontanKarite

Oh my god...

Everyone just shut up already...
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 04:59 PM   #509
Deadmanwalking_05

Thanks double K.

Back on topic everybody.

Pro-gun/Anti-gun.

9x29mmR : The Choice Of Millions for the last 100-107 years.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 08:22 PM   #510
ArchLich

Anarchy is probably the most ignorant belief/stand point since the suggestion of an omni-present being snapping his fingers to create the universe, I mean if you really believe that something as feeble as the human mind could possibly sustain itself in peace without a method of control then you're about as bright as a wood pecker on an aluminum telephone poll. However, regardless, for once GSJ has a point. If you're going to choose to believe in something, atleast make an attempt to know wtf you're talking about.
ArchLich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 01:57 AM   #511
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite View Post
Oh my god...

Everyone just shut up already...
Why? You only like people talking about this shit when you're in on it?

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 08-06-2009, 07:43 AM   #512
vindicatedxjin

I've said my bit...and i'm done here ^_^
Old 08-06-2009, 10:28 AM   #513
Jonathan

If this has already been covered, I apologize.

Anarchy does not necessarily mean chaotic belligerence. There are certain things I am simply not going to do, regardless of whether some authority tells me I can.

I'm quite capable of living day to day and doing my thing without causing undue damage or alarm to those around me. I can't be alone in this. What is so ignorant about that?

On the gun subject, they really aren't that big a deal. I think that anybody who wants one should be able to get one if they are doing it for the right reasons - sport, defense, personal interest. It sure would be nice to live in a world where they don't exist, but I don't know how you could go about making them disappear at this point. We're kind of stuck with them, so we might as well figure out a way to deal with it.

By the way, gun owners who refer to others as "sheep" make me feel nervous. Do you seriously only respect people with the capability to return fire?
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:19 AM   #514
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchLich View Post
Anarchy is probably the most ignorant belief/stand point since the suggestion of an omni-present being snapping his fingers to create the universe, I mean if you really believe that something as feeble as the human mind could possibly sustain itself in peace without a method of control
A method of control like a small group of people's feeble human minds?
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:31 AM   #515
the-nihilist

An advanced highly efficient, intelligent, and pragmatic AI.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:57 AM   #516
ArchLich

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
A method of control like a small group of people's feeble human minds?
I never said the control would be perfect, but imagine a world with no rules, really imagine it. Such a world would cease to exist within the first decade as man kind implodes in chaos. We are too greedy to give a shit about the best interests of our fellow man or environment(which is just one of the many things which would cause our downfall). A government(in democracy) is a group of people elected by the common vote of a population who come together to provide structure and boundaries in the best interests of the population. As with all things, a government is not without flaws, or even corruption. It is not perfect, and it never will be. However without it, we would fall.

I'm sure I'll end up going into greater detail as this entire post(and the one before it) is disected into it's bare bytes and anaylized until it's been blown completely out of context, but until then, I'll keep it at this.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:03 PM   #517
Jonathan

I could just as easily say that a kind of equilibrium would emerge, as the aggressive actors would burn themselves out in a short amount of time. Violent freaks might go wild for a short period, but that kind of lifestyle is not sustainable over a long term.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 12:15 PM   #518
Godslayer Jillian

Idiots don't trust people so they will rather fuck everyone over before their assumed eventuality that everyone will fuck them over, giving the rest of the world a reason to distrust people.
ArchLich just evidenced this form of stupidity. They're just like the monkeys in that experiment.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 08-06-2009, 02:09 PM   #519
ArchLich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian View Post
ArchLich just evidenced this form of stupidity.
If by "evidenced" you mean "demonstrated", I did no such thing, I simply pointed out that 90% of the human population would react that way. However I wasnt sure as to how you meant that, so if you didnt mean it that way, then I agree with you. Personally I'd go about my normal life with a good ol' .50 revolver sittin in my desk waiting for the inevitable thug to bust down my door knowing that he can get away with murder while he takes me for everything I have.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:23 PM   #520
Godslayer Jillian

That form of security should be available anywhere, whether there's a government or not. Definitely not the mentality, but the availability.

Now, as for your idea that 90% of the world would react like that; that's just laughable.
Most people in the world are still decent enough to understand community values. We Mexicans still value the comfort of family, friends, and neighbors, and if the state were to dissolve the first thing most of us probably would to is set up neighborhood watches and so on.
The absurdity of individuality as solely a matter of "me against the world" is mostly seen in bourgeois circles; they certainly do not comprise 90% of the population; hardly the converse of 10% even.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 08-06-2009, 02:26 PM   #521
JCC

Quote:
If by "evidenced" you mean "demonstrated", I did no such thing, I simply pointed out that 90% of the human population would react that way. However I wasnt sure as to how you meant that, so if you didnt mean it that way, then I agree with you. Personally I'd go about my normal life with a good ol' .50 revolver sittin in my desk waiting for the inevitable thug to bust down my door knowing that he can get away with murder while he takes me for everything I have.
So everyone else in the world is untrustworthy, and you feel that you're qualified to make that statement when your own intentions are to wait patiently for a chance to be violent? You're an imbecile.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:22 PM   #522
ArchLich

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
when your own intentions are to wait patiently for a chance to be violent? You're an imbecile.
You're an imbecile for thinking that my sole reason for having a gun is to "wait for a chance to be violent" when I clearly expressed my reasons for doing so.

GSJ, Human nature is to be afraid of the unknown, and since no country in this world has been without governmental control in thousands of years, anarchy would in turn be "the unknown", there would be a break out of fear, panic, and hostility. People would not just accept that free will has become a point of contention, they would arm themselves, as you agreeably stated, in order to prepare for the assumed eventuality of a hostile situation. In theory, if man kind had the presence of mind to think rationally in a situation such as this, we could get along just fine without being told how to live. However, being so hopelessly inept with this sense of control would destroy any chances of such a serenity before it ever had a chance to emerge.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:48 PM   #523
JCC

Quote:
GSJ, Human nature is to be afraid of the unknown, and since no country in this world has been without governmental control in thousands of years, anarchy would in turn be "the unknown", there would be a break out of fear, panic, and hostility. People would not just accept that free will has become a point of contention, they would arm themselves, as you agreeably stated, in order to prepare for the assumed eventuality of a hostile situation.
So there'll be a majority revolution which will catch the majority by surprise, causing them to kill each other?

Bend over Bakunin, ArchLich is lubing up.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:51 PM   #524
MissCheyenne

So ArchLich, you believe that mankind as a whole would implode without government control? You truly believe that as an entire species,we are incapable of existing without resorting to activities designed to hurt other people without a small select few telling us what we should and shouldn't do? Idiot.
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 04:01 PM   #525
ArchLich

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCheyenne View Post
So ArchLich, you believe that mankind as a whole would implode without government control? You truly believe that as an entire species,we are incapable of existing without resorting to activities designed to hurt other people without a small select few telling us what we should and shouldn't do? Idiot.
Yeah, you're right, I'm an idiot, because people like Charley Manson and Hitler dont exist, there is no such thing as crime, such as robbery, murder, assault, it's all just a huge conspiracy inspired by the government to make us think we cant survive without agencies like Police to protect us. Idiot.