Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 07-07-2009, 03:41 PM   #1
Steppenwolf

Promiscuities by N. Wolf

Iīve been reading the second half of that book and Itīs confusing ... I canīt say "completly wasted , bullshit" , but I canīt say either "Itīs right" .
Itīs a mix between feminism , anti-feminism and bullshit . Stories about women , women from a generation , a time and a place , and their sexuality . (The stories are told by themselves)
Wolf wrote somewhere , almost at the end : "Itīs not about victims" ... Well ... Actually itīs the cry of victims ... Read the stories , youīll see how damaged those women are , but not "because of the men" , but because of the education they had , that dictated how they lived and remembered those experiences .

Should I waste more time with this Naomi Wolf?
Old 07-08-2009, 12:47 PM   #2
Steppenwolf

you know who is this woman , right?
at least one of you
Old 07-08-2009, 12:54 PM   #3
Godslayer Jillian

Yeah, feminist, but not a particularly important one. You can't expect us to have an opinion of someone so specific.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:41 PM   #4
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steppenwolf View Post
you know who is this woman , right?
at least one of you
I know who she is but I never read any of her books, I only read things like interviews and articles, and decided I didn't like her so much to check out any of her books. A lot of times it seems when she does give interviews or write articles she say a lot of stupid things about feminism, or tries to say something intelligent but isn't the best at writing so the message gets skewered.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 03:05 PM   #5
JCC

She was on the Ali G show. She was pretty boring.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote