Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 09-15-2005, 10:30 PM   #1
PrinceOfDarkness

HALLOWEEN 9...Got Any News on it?

I just got wind of A new Sequel to the Halloween series...Halloween 9....i know it is going to come out....just When....and Wat will it be about...hope it doesnt suk like Ressurection did...Wat do yall think?
PrinceOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 10:46 PM   #2
winged_dreams

I think it will suck. Only the originals are decent and the sequels all suck horribly. So there. :P

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 07:52 AM   #3
NoneSuch

You never know.. some later sequels are good like jason versus freddy maybe the halloween guys will get it right this time eh ?
NoneSuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 06:07 PM   #4
Danag

I've only seen Halloween 1, 2, and 4. I think I'm gonna avoid Ressurection, because... A movie that has a reality show for a premise ... Is not good. But hopefully part 9 will be good.
Danag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 08:29 PM   #5
Demon Eyes

I wouldn't hold my breath, I agree with winged_dreams on this one. I mean the first few were actually good, but the later ones just were not as impressive. But then again, one can only hope that a decent remake of a horror movie comes along and keeps its so called "cult" following.
Demon Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 10:07 PM   #6
tenet_2012

Some Interesting news:

March 23, 2005
Just One More Slash for Old Times' Sake
A Nightmare On Elm Street star Robert Englund is trying to persuade veteran scream queen Jamie Lee Curtis to reprise her role as Laurie Strode for one more Halloween movie. Englund, who is famous for playing razor-fingered Freddy Krueger, wants to team up with Halloween hellraiser Michael Myers for what he hopes will be another box office bash. But Englund will only take on the project if semi-retired Curtis returns to the big screen. (Englund reprised his Freddy Krueger character for surprise 2003 horror hit Jason Vs Freddy, in which he came face to face with another scary movie icon, Friday the 13th's Jason Vorhees.)

Englund says, "The way it's conceived it would be a hell of an acting chore for Jamie because she would get to do sort of a rehab/recovery performance, and it would be really fun. You could imagine, just see that whole arc of the character, from being damaged and addled and weak, then getting your strength back. It's that great old thing, the gunfighter who loses their courage. My idea is to couple her with a strong stepdaughter or daughter, so you have female heroines, which is that great Nightmare on Elm Street thing, except this time you have double the fun."

Englund may also be interested in squaring of with horror honey Candyman, played by Tony Todd. "We'd really be able to open the door to surrealism, then. Whereas, if you use someone like Micheal Myers, he's not that different. He has a different goal, but he's not that different from Jason. But if you get someone like Candyman, now you really open the world to some surrealism in horror, and really go somewhere strange", he explains. "But it's also that he operates on several planes, too, as opposed to Jason, who operates in reality and Freddy, who operates in dreams. Obviously, I would probably need Jason, because I already know how to work him like my puppet. But it would be interesting to see how they deal with each other. It would almost be, as opposed to strength against each other, about who could out-fantasy each other; psyche the other one out. They'd have to go after each other's psychological flaws. That would have to be explored, which would be interesting." (Source: Hollywood News Beat)

--Geisha
tenet_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 10:15 AM   #7
Demon Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenet_2012
Some Interesting news:

March 23, 2005
Just One More Slash for Old Times' Sake
A Nightmare On Elm Street star Robert Englund is trying to persuade veteran scream queen Jamie Lee Curtis to reprise her role as Laurie Strode for one more Halloween movie. Englund, who is famous for playing razor-fingered Freddy Krueger, wants to team up with Halloween hellraiser Michael Myers for what he hopes will be another box office bash. But Englund will only take on the project if semi-retired Curtis returns to the big screen. (Englund reprised his Freddy Krueger character for surprise 2003 horror hit Jason Vs Freddy, in which he came face to face with another scary movie icon, Friday the 13th's Jason Vorhees.)

Englund says, "The way it's conceived it would be a hell of an acting chore for Jamie because she would get to do sort of a rehab/recovery performance, and it would be really fun. You could imagine, just see that whole arc of the character, from being damaged and addled and weak, then getting your strength back. It's that great old thing, the gunfighter who loses their courage. My idea is to couple her with a strong stepdaughter or daughter, so you have female heroines, which is that great Nightmare on Elm Street thing, except this time you have double the fun."

Englund may also be interested in squaring of with horror honey Candyman, played by Tony Todd. "We'd really be able to open the door to surrealism, then. Whereas, if you use someone like Micheal Myers, he's not that different. He has a different goal, but he's not that different from Jason. But if you get someone like Candyman, now you really open the world to some surrealism in horror, and really go somewhere strange", he explains. "But it's also that he operates on several planes, too, as opposed to Jason, who operates in reality and Freddy, who operates in dreams. Obviously, I would probably need Jason, because I already know how to work him like my puppet. But it would be interesting to see how they deal with each other. It would almost be, as opposed to strength against each other, about who could out-fantasy each other; psyche the other one out. They'd have to go after each other's psychological flaws. That would have to be explored, which would be interesting." (Source: Hollywood News Beat)
Hmmm, Freddy vs Candyman. That actually sounds like it could be pretty good. But the greatest flaw to most of the horror movies is it's script. They would have to make a very well thought out script to pull this off. Not to mention it's direction, visual effects, etc. to truly make this work. And that's even if it's ever even made.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:47 AM   #8
AlKilyu

Hey! Did my post regarding Moustapha Akkad?

To recap: I don't think it'll be touched for at least five years out of respect for the guy who worked on every film (including Season of the Witch! Tom Atkins bitches!) and I feel bad that he was killed in a terrorist hotel blast in Jordan this year. As I said last night he made horror movies to finance his religious films, one of which pissed of American Muslims to the point they took hostages in three different American cities to try and keep him from showing it.

OK can I just say that Halloween III is in my top 5 favorite horror movies, maybe even in the top 5 of all time?

AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 11:33 AM   #9
Demon Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu
Hey! Did my post regarding Moustapha Akkad?

To recap: I don't think it'll be touched for at least five years out of respect for the guy who worked on every film (including Season of the Witch! Tom Atkins bitches!) and I feel bad that he was killed in a terrorist hotel blast in Jordan this year. As I said last night he made horror movies to finance his religious films, one of which pissed of American Muslims to the point they took hostages in three different American cities to try and keep him from showing it.

OK can I just say that Halloween III is in my top 5 favorite horror movies, maybe even in the top 5 of all time?

I didn't know he was killed. That sux!!
Old 12-23-2005, 11:44 AM   #10
katsumy

Well I have to say that I like those movies! They are very interesting and kinda funy... That's my opinion... I see horror movies, like a walk in the park with funny stuff hapening all over the place...
could come true some day soon...

* Katsumy *
katsumy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 11:53 AM   #11
Demon Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsumy
Well I have to say that I like those movies! They are very interesting and kinda funy... That's my opinion... I see horror movies, like a walk in the park with funny stuff hapening all over the place...
So then your living in a horror movie?
Old 12-23-2005, 12:47 PM   #12
katsumy

Most likely a comic- horror movie like the Adams!
could come true some day soon...

* Katsumy *
katsumy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 11:48 PM   #13
AlKilyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Eyes
I didn't know he was killed. That sux!!
Yes, but we still have Tom Atkins

and he fucking pwns.
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote