Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 05-25-2007, 08:14 AM   #1
Waki

Do anyone believe in reincarnation?

I'm just curious whether anyone believe in life after death?
Waki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 08:21 AM   #2
Drake Dun

Would you like us to answer the question in your post's title, or the one in its body?

Drake
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 08:22 AM   #3
wishcat

Hmm... why is this under whining ?
Old 05-25-2007, 08:41 AM   #4
Delicate_Torture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waki
About 400 million Buddhists do.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:21 AM   #5
Underwater Ophelia

I believe in reincarnation, just not immediately.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 11:49 AM   #6
Godslayer Jillian

Can't believe in it.
There's no evidence for it, and no practicality in believing it.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 01:20 PM   #7
Vyvian Blackthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishcat
Hmm... why is this under whining ?
Guess whenever there's a topic about religion or spiritual topics, it's under whining. I really don't know why; unless it's speaking against the religion or belief...which I wouldn't reccomend doing at all.

Granted, reincarnation has no real evidence; though I myself do think that soul will go somewhere after death, perhaps the inerests, beliefs, traits, thoughts, etc. will live on in a spirit. Reincarnation may follow with this; but it's not my place to say so.

Goth Forever
Old 05-25-2007, 02:15 PM   #8
Xxmorbid_princessxX

I kind of do. I have a book my late father left to me, and I look exactly like one of the pictures of an apache girl in it. We thought it was creepy because I'm part Apache.
Xxmorbid_princessxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 02:32 PM   #9
bleedingheart344

That is strange. But merely coincidence. I'd say it's risky to make beliefs and have faith inspired by a coincidence.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:01 PM   #10
Minyaliel

I kind of might be believing in it. Which is, I'm doubtful, but I don't exclude the possibility. I believe that the body will die, but that energy and all that make up the part of us which has been termed the spirit or soul (don't agree with the term, but don't have any better word for it) merges with the collective subconscious and the world's life energy (chi). Regarding reincarnation, I believe that memories and all sorts of personal experiences might merge into this, and might be recycled, usually only small, random bits that will make up the personality traits and "soul" of a new individual. My theory, at least. Kind of explains a few paranormal/ odd things to me that I hear about from time to time, like people remembering past lives etc.
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 04:12 PM   #11
Drake Dun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xxmorbid_princessxX
I have a book my late father left to me, and I look exactly like one of the pictures of an apache girl in it.
6,000,000,000 people in the world... there are bound to be some similar faces.

Check it out:

http://home.att.net/~tom.brodhead/wonka.htm

At the bottom there's a picture of Gene Wilder on the left, and one of Lewis Caroll on the right.

I also once had somebody show me a picture of a little-known actor who looked enough like me to give me the heebie-jeebies. That guy was presumably still alive, though, so if it was a case of reincarnation, it was a weird one.

Drake
Old 05-25-2007, 04:30 PM   #12
honeythorn

I am on the way to kind of believing in it. If it was a given that the soul exists beyond the death of the physical body, then the idea of only one life and then afterwards the soul staying in only one place for eternity...no. I can't seem to make sense of it. We live on average..70 odd years , more if we're lucky. That is a long time, but there is a lot to learn and experience. I don't think one life is enough to learn it all.

But that is of course just a personal opinion
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 06:19 PM   #13
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
I have seen evidence that reincarnation occurs in a sense:

I have seen the children of my lifelong friends display the same facial expressions (of course, some of these may be learned), the same sounding voice (which is really weird when I hear them talk to each other) and I suspect even the same kind of brain wiring, although this gets close to learned behavior.

So scientifically and biologically speaking, we are the reincarnation of pur parents, in my humble opinion.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 06:43 PM   #14
Vako

re-incarnation, souls, spirits, ghosts, afterlife

First on, I would like to state that I do believe that there is an afterlife, and that people have spirits that survive after their physical body is dead. Is there solid scientific proof for that? No. At least not yet. That's why it's called "faith".

In my faith, "re-incarnation" is referred to as "transduction".

I have had several preternatural / supernatural experiences that I can't explain logically other than to say that I had them before I ever drank, and I have never used pills or illicit drugs. Nor pot. I have never been diagnosed with any mental illness that required hospitalization or medication. Yet I have had some preternatural / supernatural experiences in my lifetime that would make some people soil trou.

How do I explain these phenomena?

When a person dies, their spirit departs to another "realm" for a while. We the living are not to know about it. It is not for us to know. Ever. There are people who try to contact the spirits of dead people like mediums and such. There is also a faith called Necromancy, based on what the ancient Egyptians and certain other ancient peoples practiced. It is highly dangerous.

When I had the experiences, I do not feel that I was actually witnessing the spirit of the person. What I was witnessing was an "energy event". A sort of "recording" of the person's "energy" that had been "imprinted" in the "space time" in which they were most attached to during their life, the place that they spent the most time, or a place where something very traumatic happened (sudden tragic death, abuse, violence, disease), or even something of the most happy and positive. Living beings are VERY powerful. They require and fluctuate alot of energy. I feel that some of this energy remains "imprinted" after a person dies. It is a matter of physics. Do I think it was really the "ghost" of the person / animal? No. Of course not. It was just some sort of inner-workings of physics manifesting it's self that they left behind, that had recurred. Is there scientific evidence for my theory? Not yet. That's why it's called a theory. Ya savvy?

I do believe that at some point the spirit leaves the "realm" and is "recycled" and returned into a newly conceived person in the world we know. I do NOT mean this as in the Hindu or Buddhist sense as in reincarnation. That's for hippies and shroomheads. My beliefs are much more pragmatic. It is based on the physics law of The Conservation of Energy. It states that energy cannot be created or destroyed. What it actually does is transduces. To me, this goes for physics, as well as metaphysics. Therefore matter is not created or destroyed, and neither is a person's "spirit energy". Do I believe that the spirit retains the person's memories, ego identity, life-experience etc. ? Very little. Only some of the wisdom learned. That would be about it. And even then, very little. The "past-life regression" stuff is probably bullstool.

Although purely faith-based speculation that is researched but has not yet been proven, science calls the "energy" of the spirit "bio-ethiric energy", or "life force".

My several preternatural / supernatural experiences were all quite disturbing, yet I do feel they were growing experiences that added to my life experience and personal spiritual growth.
Vako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 06:55 PM   #15
Vako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waki
I'm just curious whether anyone still writes in proper English.

Eff it.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:08 PM   #16
biohazard

I belive in reincarnation. When you die, there is a chance you will return to earth as another living creature.
biohazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 11:10 PM   #17
Drake Dun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vako
My several preternatural / supernatural experiences were all quite disturbing, yet I do feel they were growing experiences that added to my life experience and personal spiritual growth.
Could you tell us about those? I have had absolutely zilch, so I always try to ellicit these stories from others.

Drake
Old 05-25-2007, 11:58 PM   #18
Vako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Dun
Could you tell us about those? I have had absolutely zilch, so I always try to ellicit these stories from others.

Drake
Yes. It will take a day or so for me to clearly express them. Then, I will post them here.
Old 05-26-2007, 02:47 AM   #19
Seraphynth

Quote:
True. I've met many people who look eerily similar.

Also, I often here how much I look like Amy Lee.
Must mean's she's a zombie, eh, eh? =D
Seraphynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 03:11 AM   #20
Kraven de Sade

I believe in reincarnation. Just not as is.
Old 05-26-2007, 03:18 AM   #21
Minyaliel

Quote:

Check it out:

http://home.att.net/~tom.brodhead/wonka.htm

At the bottom there's a picture of Gene Wilder on the left, and one of Lewis Caroll on the right.

I also once had somebody show me a picture of a little-known actor who looked enough like me to give me the heebie-jeebies. That guy was presumably still alive, though, so if it was a case of reincarnation, it was a weird one.

Drake
Heh, I've had an odd experience like that, too. My mother discovered a small ad with a painted picture (or an old photo from the early 1920's; we don't know for certain) on it in the staff cantine (a "save the environment, take your bike to work" variety)with a naked lady on a bike and a bottle of wine in one hand and with my face. Seriously, looked exactly like myself. And no, I didn't stand model to it. She still keeps asking me what I did during May 2006... Myself, I pretty much felt paranoid that someone stole my face without asking, lol.
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 09:48 AM   #22
Caught

I don't really believe in reincarnation. It's proven that there is a "soul", meaning everyone is unique. Ofcourse you can find a picture of someone looking like you but look at animals, they all kind of look like eachother with some small diffrences sometimes so why can't humans sometimes look like eachother? The looks don't really matter, it's one's personality I believe that can't be reincarnated.

In my opinion reincarnation is just something some people want to believe in just to know their loved ones aren't completely dead, altho I think they are ofcourse and they will never come back.
Caught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 10:07 AM   #23
Graveyard.Crow

I've always believed in rencarnation
Old 05-31-2007, 09:52 PM   #24
Vako

Quote:

Drake
I have made a decision that I will not express them on this site, I will keep them to myself. After careful consideration, I have realized that they are something which I only share with people that I know and trust completely. I had to remind myself of that.

So no ghost stories for now.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:55 AM   #25
Drake Dun

Fair enough. If you ever change your mind, please get back to me.

Drake