Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:58 PM   #26
Britty

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Twitch View Post
Waaaah? Check them out, they helped invent punk. Hell, the song I just linked got thier singer stabbed in an alley.

ALSO: CRASS is one of the most influential punk bands of all time.

Fruitbat, I could be wrong. They may just be one of those bands that are beloved of goths, but not goth themselves. To be fair I'm much more of a punk anyway.
thanks yeah there good i like em. wow really?
yeah there pretty good too ... i will some how get there music no my ipod.... well get my bro to do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherVampireLover View Post
Welcome, it's nice to meet you Britty I can tell you ike bullet for my valentine, that's cool I think they're good too (well I like their new stuff don't like their old stuff that much with the exception of a few songs). Hopefully you have a good time on this site.
thanks for the welcome, nice to meet you too.
yeah i like there music... i got introduced to them by a friend a while back... but im not a massive fan.... just most my songs on my ipod atm are by them
Britty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:21 PM   #27
Mr.Doobie

*reads all of Britty's posts*

I'm annoyed already.

But if you're not another Kontan sockpuppet, I guess I can give you some good punk music recs and help mold you into a human being with respectable musical taste (if you're going to go around saying you like punk).

As far as punk founders go I think the Ramones were better musically than the Sex Pistols. I mean, the Sex Pistols were cool with their whole Chuck-Berry's-snotty-little-brother thing, and I do love the Sex Pistols, but the Ramones sound was just so original (at the time). They just found this formula that worked for them so well over and over again.

I would also recommend the New York Dolls, Iggy and the Stooges, the MC5, the Talking Heads, the Cramps, X, Black Flag, Minutemen, Bad Brains, Cro-Mags, Stormtroopers of Death, Operation Ivy, Hellbastard, the Descendants, Screeching Weasel, the Germs, Gallows, Four Year Strong, Gorilla Biscuits, Orchid, Fugazi, Minor Threat, Rites of Spring, and (for the sake of this being a gothic website) the Damned, and Siouxsie and the Banshees.
Mr.Doobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 07:15 AM   #28
AnotherVampireLover

That's cool, if you want to find more bands I suggest Rosetta Stone (gothic rock), Rancid (my favorite punk band), Dead Kennedys (unless you already know of them they're another punk band) VNV Nation, Combichrist, and Extise (if you're more into techno/industrial). Also Die Krupps aren't that bad either.
AnotherVampireLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:19 PM   #29
*Twitch

Oh my shit. Go listen to operation ivy. Tim armstrong should just shut the fuck up and play his guitar. And there's no way you just toss DK out there as "another punk band".

And yeah, Someone jammed a machete in Johnny Rotten's leg, and when he got to the hospital, he was arrested for disturbing the peace. Speaking of Rotten, check out Aus Rotten

Aaaaaand of course, MISFITS

Quote:
As far as punk founders go I think the Ramones were better musically than the Sex Pistols. I mean, the Sex Pistols were cool with their whole Chuck-Berry's-snotty-little-brother thing, and I do love the Sex Pistols, but the Ramones sound was just so original (at the time). They just found this formula that worked for them so well over and over again
Eh, the ramones were very influential, and neccasary for the development of the music, but I've always found them too pop-y. That may just be me coming into it decades late, but that's how it goes.
Who condones this bloodlust?

-CONFLICT
*Twitch is offline   Reply With Quote