Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 08-01-2010, 04:01 PM   #1
OnyxBat

Dye Clothing

I bought a gray and white skirt and I just don't like the patterns. So I heard you could dye clothing black I want to know how and what to use.
OnyxBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 04:06 PM   #2
honeythorn

Get some Dylon Black dye, or any clothing dye which you can find in fabric stores or online, and follow the instructions that come in the packet.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 04:11 PM   #3
OnyxBat

Thank You!
OnyxBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:25 AM   #4
Raza

Mostly, you need to mind the fabric. Some stuff dyes, some stuff that looks almost exactly like it comes out completely unaffected.

Wool dyes excellently, cotton does OK. Denim dyes, fleece doesn't... Polyester doesn't, but polyamide does. That's as much as I remember from the top of my head... as a rule of thumb, synthetics often don't dye. If the label says it's mixed, try and estimate of it's a homogeneous mix (in which case you'll want at least 80% to be dyeable), or if one thing is the lining or the thread used for the pattern or something. Also, if a specific area of something needs to be black, there is always spraypaint (coat thin and it won't wash out of most things).

Also, don't expect most colors to come out like the packaging, although black is pretty much guaranteed.
Raza is offline   Reply With Quote