Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 07-06-2007, 11:41 AM   #1
Draconysius

Nekos... WTF?!

I just have a terrible, terrible hatred for nekos. And I'm furry. They're basically humans with cat ears and tail. They're all the fuck over Second Life, and even an old deathrocker friend of mine recently became one. What is this world coming to? T,..,T

The way I see it, people use neko-ism as a crutch. Girls and guys can be brain dead, racist, ignorant, and just plain cunts, but if they're wearing cat ears and tail, they're all of a sudden ok, because they're cute in a pitiful way. They're seen as "not knowing any better", but this is a complete travesty. They're fucking human beings and they ought to be responsible for their fucking actions.

If anyone out there reading this is a neko, my intention was not to offend. But please, tell me WHY you do this, other than the reasons I discussed, and maybe my mind will change.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:44 AM   #2
DeathChii

Neko just means cat in japanese ^^
But I know that's not what you meant... though I am a bit confused... so you know people who just walk around with fake cat ears + tail all the time O_o
From trashing this way and that
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
I offer this suffering of my father
"The Offering" - Stan Rice
DeathChii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:48 AM   #3
Linen

I had never heard of any of the "furry" things until I saw an episode of CSI that revolved around a furry convention. I just don't understand it, but to each his/her own. I saw several people at Ren Faire this year wearing tails & such, and I believe they were *real* tails so that made me angry (the idea of real animal fur being sold & bought).
Linen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:54 AM   #4
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I have never heard of a Neko before.

But from the sounds of it, I shouldn't like them.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:56 AM   #5
Splintered

We call them 'target practice'.
Kidding.

Still.
I've met one girl who wears around a leash and cat ears. She's half-decent, but damn is she idiotic.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:58 AM   #6
Draconysius

They're kind of like furries, but a lot more human-like. Mainly, it's people on Second Life who are doing this. I guess why I'm pissed off at them so much is because it's become kind of a trend to get in touch with one's animal side as a neko, while furries still are considered a social deviants. Neko isn't even a sexual fetish or anything. Most of them I've talked to have no sexual attraction to animals in any way. Yet when furries dress in whole fursuits, we're practically promised a genocide.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:59 AM   #7
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I see. Well I don't really know what a furry is either. But I am seeing that Nekos are kind of something I don't want to be part of.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 12:16 PM   #8
Underwater Ophelia

I don't know anything about Second Life, but I used to wear cat ears all the time. They're just cute.
I don't understand why you have a problem with people who enjoy wearing cat ears and tails. Maybe they just like it?
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 12:20 PM   #9
Graveyard.Crow

OOOOOOO OK I think I know what you mean. My friend does it, but she is really into anime.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:32 PM   #10
Seraphynth

I feel your pain, Darconysius. I really do.
And it's really infuriating when they think they're furry because they have ears and a tail. :C
Seraphynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 12:36 PM   #11
Underwater Ophelia

Drac, I just joined SL out of curiosity, is there any way you can tell me more about it? I can give you my sn if you don't mind.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:56 PM   #12
Linen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
Drac, I just joined SL out of curiosity, is there any way you can tell me more about it? I can give you my sn if you don't mind.
Oh no... I had to see what that was and now I can see I'll have yet another reason to be addicted to the internet. It reminds me of The Sims & Sims 2, which I've been rather addicted to in the past.
Linen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 03:03 PM   #13
biohazard

I really like neko anime girls. I think they are very cute and attractive, but that is just me. On the other hand, they do appear stupid and brainless.
biohazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 06:38 AM   #14
Minyaliel

Hmm, I know these cat- "furries" as nekoyin, but I guess it's about the same thing. Actually, there are those who are serious about it and still are very intelligent. Sure, doing it because of a trend/ fad is stupid. But just be careful of those stereotypes. Not every Nekoyin is stupid and brainless. Most of them don't really wear the ears either, except for on conventions and stuff. (I've been called a nekoyin once, but that's mainly because of my behaviour and physique, and the fact that I like to draw them. Still I feel it is wrong to just look at the surface. Saying that every "neko" person is an idiot is like saying that every goth is a bloodthirsty murderer.)
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 03:01 PM   #15
Lady_Lacrimosa_Umbrae

I think Nekoism has to do with anime. A lot of "cute" characters in japanese animation are cat-like, wear cat ears or tails or things like that... (damn, even the word is japanese!). As a cosplayer, I can tell you that I have seen a lot of people with this kind of attire at conventions... but I didn't know that some of them dressed like that all the time. Sounds more to me like an anime fan trying to be "cute" by all means, even if that makes him/her look silly...
Lady_Lacrimosa_Umbrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:44 AM   #16
james"bloody tears"

I personly enjoy neko cos play. I dont make a good neko thats more my wife than me, I prefer inu. I've never met anyone(besides me and her) who where them all the time thought, and even we dont where them in public...much.

love me or hate me i wont change

the eyes are the windows to the soul, are you afraid of what you see?
james"bloody tears" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 09:14 PM   #17
dark_dragon_of_ice

I love neko girls in anime XD
Im not sure in 2nd life though..Never got into that.
But neko girls kick ass =p
dark_dragon_of_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 08:59 PM   #18
Clockwork

A roleplayer at a site I frequent uses a catgirl character. The concept of fox or cat-people isn't original at all, and I sort of give an exasperated sigh when I see one on the Internet, but that's about all the bad they are to me. I definitely see where you're coming from, though.

Actually, it's the vampires that piss me off XD All you have to do is have a character that's a vampire, and you're cool and dark and scary and don't have to put up with any shit. No brain power or imagination required, whatsoever. But, I digress.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:18 PM   #19
Haex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linen
Oh no... I had to see what that was and now I can see I'll have yet another reason to be addicted to the internet. It reminds me of The Sims & Sims 2, which I've been rather addicted to in the past.

This is one of my favorite introductions to Second Life:

Quote:
* Take someone and deprive them of any sort of "real" social contact.

* Give them the ability to script any program, animate any action, or build any object through intuitive processes.

* Allow them to own their creations, and to sell them to the highest bidder.

Have you got your head wrapped around that? Okay. Now make the person in question the psychotic neighborhood kid who slashes holes in the back of the schoolbus with his Swiss Army knife, and you will begin to realize the Lovecraftian horror of Second Life.

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/seco...ari-begins.php
Haex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 08:38 AM   #20
Underwater Ophelia

The video at the end was the funniest thing I've ever seen.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:18 PM   #21
Shub-Yoggoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linen
I had never heard of any of the "furry" things until I saw an episode of CSI that revolved around a furry convention. I just don't understand it, but to each his/her own. I saw several people at Ren Faire this year wearing tails & such, and I believe they were *real* tails so that made me angry (the idea of real animal fur being sold & bought).
To be honest, that CSI episode was bias on what it revolved around and what was presented as what was 'furry'. What they did was focus on the liberal aspect of the fandom, the taboo that is freedom of sexual expression. As for the fur suits in the episode, that's more of personal expression.
A 'furry' is a person that can identify with a particular animal and anthropomorphizes it to become apart of that particular persons identity as a whole. Although, a furry can choose an animal that they can relate to and not have it anthropmorhed at all.
Shub-Yoggoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 04:30 PM   #22
DeathChii

you have to pay to join SL...
From trashing this way and that
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
I offer this suffering of my father
"The Offering" - Stan Rice
DeathChii is offline   Reply With Quote