Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 09-07-2009, 07:36 AM   #26
Graveyard.Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
After watching The Butterfly Effect I remembered that I had dreamed something similar. Except my version was better because it had an antagonist in the form of an evil scientist who also had time traveling abilities and a nuclear weapon. Turns out nuclear weapons look like a load of circuits and wires attached to something like the plastic tank from a water cooler filled with luminous purple nuclear liquid.

I seem to remember mine better when I've had school or uni than in holidays. So I've always assumed I remember them better when I have a regular sleeping cycle but it could be something else.
It could be
my sleeping cycle is as regular as a young girl's period
Old 09-07-2009, 08:31 AM   #27
Anarasha

G.C: You may wanna look into something called Lucid Dreaming.
Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 03:36 AM   #28
The Count

I was stuck inside a clock, running from one of the hands. Suddenly the other hand started coming towards me form the other side. I was trapped.
I started beeting against the glass of the clock, screaming for help.
My two cats appeared on the other side of the glass and started walking towards me. I begged them to let me out...

then they started to sing Bohemian Rhapsody and I woke up.
The Count is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 10:47 PM   #29
TrivialMorose

Let's resurrect this ancient thread

Two nights in a row I’ve dreamed of a rat. First night me and my spouse just happened to meet this super friendly and very affectionate rat somewhere outside, and we brought it to our home. I played with it and gave it food and it was awesome. This rat had a light pet rat coat with a black patch on the back of its neck.

Last night’s dream was from the point of view of a gray or brown coated wild rat living under a rock in a forest, scavenging for food and being afraid of some predator, I don’t remember which one, possibly a fox.

I have no idea why we’re suddenly in the season of the rat. Is it, perhaps, because of the plague? It’s perplexing.
TrivialMorose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 10:16 PM   #30
TrivialMorose

Huh, I tried to post this reply once already, but I got a prompt saying my post would not be visible until it was approved by a moderator. That had never happened to me before. I assume it happened because I used naughty language on my post.
I doubt a moderator exists, though, I think it's just a myth. So, instead of waiting, I just cleaned the baby up a little and threw it out the window. So that explains it if this post happens to repeat twice in slightly altered forms.

I remember two dreams from last night.

The first one was a nightmare for all of us here. (What? Who?)
There was an announcement on Gothic.Net front page, that the site would be closing in one week.
They said they had been suffering technical difficulties with updating the site for years, and now they were finally giving up.
They also said something about the forum lately being overrun by idiotic spammers or something along those lines. I was sure they only meant me by that. So it was partially my fault that the site was closing.
My reaction to this news was,
Oh, no! What am I gonna do now? The internet is gonna be so boring. And I'd just started using this site.
There were also a bunch of new threads on the forum as lurking users had come out of the woodwork to lament the ending of Gothic.Net.
A terrible nightmare.

In the other dream,
Three people came into a sort of dungeon room or a castle room, there were tapestries hung on the walls and a large wooden table.
The tapestries were illustrated, but I don’t remember what they looked like, I do remember there was red and purple in them.
There were stuff laid out on the table, jars of liquids and powders, some of them orange colored. I think there were antlers among the other things.
Two of the people were men and one was a woman with short hair. They all looked refined and old-fashioned, like around 1920s.
The woman walked around the room, examining the walls and the tapestries, while the two men examined the items on the table and had a conversation which went something like this:
"Someone has been doing magic here."
"No, I think someone is still doing magic here. These ingredients haven't been used yet."
"My god, what kind of a being could be doing magic in a place like this?"
And then they all became frightened and exited through a mysterious portal type hole in the wall of the room.
Old 04-09-2020, 03:45 PM   #31
shadowynne

Hmmm, strange. Rats have been in my dreams lately as well. Also with positive aspect assignment, not negative.
Interesting indeed.
shadowynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 03:23 AM   #32
TrivialMorose

We must indeed be in the season of the amicable rat, then.

Last night,

A great amount of people had arrived to a new Earth-like, nature world on a colony spaceship. The ship had been turned into a city after they landed. One guy from this city went exploring the new world.
He trekked through very picturesque landscapes, surrounded by a verdant wilderness, clear waters and sparkling waters. After a while, he came across moss-grown stonework ruins of an ancient civilization.
There were massive gates in high walls that were shaped like open mawed crocodilian heads. He passed through a couple of those, and he also saw some which had their mouths closed and couldn’t be passed.
Within these walls there were oblong, low roofed houses. He visited inside a couple of them and looked around.
While he was inside one of them, on another dream-level, my spouse saw one of the arcing stone window frames and liked it, so I took a screenshot of it so that we could later install it into our home.
Back in the main level, the explorer guy heard a voice speak to him inside his head.
The voice told him this planet was 70 billion times larger than Tellus, and not shaped at all like a ball, but like a sleeping humanoid. And the newfound human city was located in the bottom of one of its feet. This was also shown with the view quickly rising out from this sole to display the whole sleeping form of the strange green world slumbering in space.
Then the viewpoint returned to the explorer, and the voice asked him how his people were expecting to survive in such a place.
The explorer was optimistic about surviving, he was thrilled about the size of the world. He said it would be easy for people to survive forever in a world that was basically endless. The people could spread ever onward and never run out of space or resources, could never ruin this world as they had ruined Earth, he mused to the voice.
The voice was doubtful of his dreams. It said that if the humans would start spreading out, they would eventually run into some of the many other civilizations dotting this world. The civilizations they ran into could be more technologically advanced than the humans were, and might wipe them out upon contact, it warned.
Old 04-12-2020, 10:30 AM   #33
TrivialMorose

All I remember from last night are mere fragments of dreams,

There was an alchemist searching for the secret of eternal life. He was feverish, desperate in his quest. He and his assistant were scribbling mathematical formulas into the corners of a beautiful painting depicting a sperm whale, risen to the ocean surface for a breather in evening time.

In another fragment, there was some sort of black rot that wanted to attach itself into people’s ears. I think it was a parasitic being of some sort.

The last fragment I still recall took place in India. There was a fat dude shopping clothes with his small daughter. He was something dangerous, perhaps a gangster.
The dude spoke with a young lady clerk who was fearful of him. He told her he had acted in Bollywood films when he was younger, and he showed her some of his dance moves, including some kind of supernatural move, during which he vibrated strangely while looking very menacing, and the air close to him started to turn into red and yellow ripples.
Old 04-13-2020, 11:29 AM   #34
TrivialMorose

My spouse and I are watching a movie in the living room at my parents’ house. It is night. The cold, fluid glare of the television is the only illumination in the room, and it is very dark. Suddenly I’m gripped by a feeling of foreboding, a premonition, a recollection, that we have forgotten something important, that the last time we did this exact same thing, something terrible had happened. I get the feeling that it has been exactly 72 hours since that something happened, but I can’t at all recall what it was.
I panic, I get up from the sofa and rush off, because I want to prevent that terrible thing from happening again. Almost immediately I stumble on our laptop, which we have carelessly left lying on the floor and I have failed to notice it in the dark, it breaks, pieces come flying out of it, I nearly lose my balance and fall because of it, but I manage to correct myself.
Feeling bad about the computer, but still frantic with worry over the real bad thing, I take a couple more steps and I face the vestibule, but it’s pitch black out there, and I can’t see a thing.
Then something heavy starts to roll down the stairway in there, fast. It sounds like a sack of potatoes, rumbling down ominously. And when it should hit the floor, there comes a seconds pause instead, a complete silence like even the air has been sucked from the room, followed by a LOUD noise, a crash, something BIG and brittle, like a huge jumble of metal and glass, is hitting the floor, being smashed to pieces.
And I think I’m too late. The terrible thing has happened again and has doomed us for the next 72 hours.

In another dream I was trying to paint a replica of the sperm whale painting from my previous night’s dream. This wasn’t very profound, because I had already thought about doing it during the waking hours. So this was just me playing what was on my mind and perhaps practicing for the real thing.

In yet another dream, I woke up in the middle of the night to excruciating pressure inside my lungs. The pain was heavy, causing me to writhe. I fought hard to suppress it, and to keep myself from screaming. I snuggled deep into the blanket, and pressed both my arms hard to my chest to make warmth for my lungs.
This, too, was nothing very special. Just a friendly reminder from the brain that I have bad lungs. As if I needed one.

In the last dream for tonight, I was strolling through a lazy cobblestoned street of an old European city. I had been walking for a long time, so I sat down to rest at the bottom row of seats on a small amphitheater.
Soon some old woman settled to one of the rows above me. Then she was joined by another old person, then another, men, women, couples, more and more old people came to gawk at me until I had a proper audience sitting above me. It was like I had suddenly become the show at the theater.
One of the old people was an Ind-this word is forbidden here-ian woman wearing a sari, which is noteworthy because of the India dream from previous night.
The situation was too strange, so I asked them what this shenanigans was about.
They answered something about it being nice to see someone so young for a change, that they hadn’t seen any young people for a long time because of the plague. This was a lie, because the street was bustling with people of all ages perfectly normally, but I didn’t realize this during the dreaming. I took what they said at face value.
The scene was so absurd, that I wanted to take a picture of them and send it to my spouse. I asked them for permission to do this. One of them said she didn’t want to be photographed, the rest were okay with it. So, that one person scooted to the side, while I prepared to take a group photo of the rest.
I dug a phone out of my pocket and started trying to take a picture, but I couldn’t find them on the screen of my phone. Then I realized that it was my old phone, and thought that was the problem. I slipped it back into my pocket and fished for my newer phone, I got it, but I still couldn’t find the old people on that screen either.
I waved the phone around, and found a rabbit hole instead, there were three rabbits inside it, and they had some very lush decorations in there as well, Roman style pillars and marble fountains and stuff. The bunnies started hopping deeper into the hole, I tried to take a video of them before they’d be gone, and I thought I was recording, but too late I realized I had failed to press the record button. I then tried to take a quick picture, but the last rabbit had vanished before I could manage. A small dog escaped their leash somewhere close to me, and ran yipping into the hole to chase after the rabbits.
I looked up from the phone, and was surprised to find my surroundings had changed, the amphitheater along with the old people was gone, neither was the rabbit hole anywhere to be seen. In front of me was the beer garden of a cafe instead.
I started searching, I walked up and down the street, trying to find the amphitheater again, but it was just gone.
Simultaneously on another dream-level, I thought about how this was a peculiar play on the ever occurring changes in dreams, that there was just this single notable shift, while the rest of the time everything stayed perfectly coherent.
Then a woman wearing an evening dress, looking like she was on her way to or from a party, stopped me and said something like:
“You look like you’re lost.”
I made an excuse, saying something about the city having been inexplicably changed.
She then grabbed a hold of me, digging her nails into my shoulders, and violently forced herself inside me through my skin. I thought this must be a daemonic possession taking place.
My vision went completely white.
Next I was at home with my spouse, we were in the living room when we heard crying from the bedroom. We went to check it and found a baby girl lying in our bed. We were surprised, we talked about it some, and concluded that it had to be the baby of someone close to us who had died, and we decided we should adopt it to honor that person.
I had a small inkling that the baby might have something to do with the daemon woman I’d just met, I thought the baby did look like her as much as a baby can look like anyone, but I couldn’t really put it into words and just ignored it.
Old 04-14-2020, 03:33 AM   #35
TrivialMorose

Last nights recollections are hazy.

I watched an episode of The Walking Dead, where Rick Grimes went on rounds between different settlements with his trusty Chinese kung fu sidekick. They were handing out donuts to the people they met.
Some woman told them, “I’d rather die than take anything from you.”
And the episode ended in a cliffhanger where a fight had just broken out and someone pushed the kung fu guy to the ground.

Also, scratch the lung pain dream from the previous night, because turns out it wasn’t a dream at all. I had another attack like that today while awake, albeit a smaller one, and now breathing hurts slightly.
Old 04-16-2020, 12:15 PM   #36
TrivialMorose

Last night I was masked and robbing stores at gunpoint. Then running from cops afterwards, that was a real thrill, getting rid of the mask, hiding the loot and then walking down the streets like everything was normal while cops were swarming all around me.

I was taking products instead of money, the stores I robbed were already doing badly because of the plague and their shelves were half empty, so my robbing spree was dealing them maximum damage. I kind of didn't want to be doing that, but for some reason I had to.
Old 04-16-2020, 12:23 PM   #37
shadowynne

Hmmm for some reason I dreamt of crabs...
shadowynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 10:11 PM   #38
TrivialMorose

Last night,

I saw a group of friends, kind of resembling the ones in the famous television series. It was the birthday of one female friend, and she was very depressed about aging.
The other friends gave her a present, which was a meal on a plate with a burlap sack hidden underneath. On the sack there was a printed picture of a bulldog and the text Camp Redwood. It contained bone-hard, chewy easter egg goodies for dogs.
I’m not sure, but I don’t think the recipient even had a dog, the friends had just acquired the gift for her purely for the nostalgia value, because she had spent all her childhood summers in a Camp Redwood.
Because she was so depressed, without even bothering to look at it, she just upended the sack into the food and mixed all the eggs in with the food before her friends could stop her.
Then when they explained to her that the eggs were dog food, she complained that they should’ve warned her. They defended that it would have ruined the surprise.
Then the whole thing turned into a discussion about whether the eggs would even be fun if you were a dog, as supposedly the round shape might not be very fun to chew at.
Old 04-18-2020, 12:03 AM   #39
TrivialMorose

Last night,

There was a religious cult living inside a stone labyrinth. I was taking photographs of both the complex and the people while trying to find my spouse whom I had gotten separated from in the maze. Also my mother in law had a lush apartment within that complex, but she had just moved out of it to live with her lover. And it was the first anniversary of her husband's death.

Some of the cultists looked crazy and possibly dangerous.

Also there was a scene where we had a chat with my spouse's aunt.

Last edited by TrivialMorose; 04-18-2020 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Addendum
Old 04-18-2020, 11:00 AM   #40
AndreaCandle

interesting dream about religious cult, something more?
AndreaCandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 09:21 AM   #41
TrivialMorose

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaCandle View Post
interesting dream about religious cult, something more?
I don't quite get what you're asking, care to elaborate?

Last night,

I had fallen victim to some sort of internet scam, and I wrote an e-mail complimenting the scammer on what a good joke it was.
Old 04-28-2020, 05:00 AM   #42
TrivialMorose

Last night,

My spouse and I were road tripping through the Slavic countries of Europe in a van. There lived an immortal roaming samurai class in these countries. This samurai class was a relic of past ages who were revered in some countries and reviled in others. Sporadically I was a Scottish warrior myself, who still revered them, and I partook in some sword fights on a large battle field.
When, during a battle, I heard some other soldier curse at one of those “Old Ones” I snapped at the fool, told him that the “Old Ones” should be spoken to only with the very soothiest of words.
Back to the van: Some shady Slav character had hired me and my wife to deliver an inflatable doll to Ukraine, he had instructed us to go to some particular city near the border where he would meet us to receive the doll.
“Or,” he had told us, “If you can’t find it, just bring it into any other city. Our country is big and beautiful.”
Well, sure enough, we couldn’t find the right city, so, we drove through several Ukrainian cities, getting increasingly frustrated because we had no idea where to deliver the doll. I mean, how exactly could we just take it into “any city” where we had no contact people at all.
We ended up just dumping the stupid thing out of the back of the moving van and left it lying in the middle of the road.

In another dream, I was riding shotgun in our usual car, my wife was behind the wheel, when we spotted a bunch of people having a funeral in the middle of the road. My wife got very upset about the unexpected situation, and instead of stopping, she just plowed right through the crowd of people. It was nasty. Bodies rolling over our car like bowling pins and leaving a bloody trail behind us.
“Oh, BEEB, our lives just ended,” I said. Because I figured now the cops would get us and put us away for this.
My wife started crying, and I was trying to cheer her up by reminding her about the bright sides,
“At least now you can drive completely freely for the rest of the way, go full GTA if you like.”
It didn’t much help as there was nothing she wanted but for the whole thing to go away.
It was a very depressing dream. The setting of this dream was a town where we used to live many years ago. Also, my wife was wearing something like a prom dress in this one.

One dream had some comic book industry recruitment detectives(???). I don’t know. It was like a film noirish thing with two detective-like partners. One of them had a chin beard and dark hair, his partner was bald. They had a prickly boss harping on them to get a certain comic artist to sign some contract.
“Make it sound like the Dark Knight to him, or your both fired,” the boss told them before he sent them off.
As they were making to leave their office, the chin beard was all sanctimonious and saying stuff to his partner, like,
“He can’t expect us to do this. Since when is it okay to be dishonest in our line of work?”
“Look,” answered the more cool-headed (or more unscrupulous) baldy, “Just suck it up, we have a job to do and you’re not gonna sabotage us, we have to feed our families.”
The chin beard also said, “Since when is the Dark Knight a good look, anyway?”
“Are you kidding me? Since the sixties, I love the Dark Knight,” baldy answered with a dramatic air punch.

Then there was a dream where someone here on Gothic Net filed me a complaint saying that it was against the rules to post too much in one thread, threatening that I had been spamming this dream thread too much, and I would have to stop doing it or else...

The last dream of the night was similar to the second, my wife was again driving when some ugly (very neurotic looking) redheaded man started to cross the road and she didn’t slow down or stop despite my telling her to do so (I also told her to stop in the previous dream, too). This time the guy started to run though, and got out from under us so that we just barely missed him.
This took place in the town where we currently live.
Old 04-28-2020, 10:02 PM   #43
TrivialMorose

Last night,

I had a very good dream, of which I sadly remember only fragments.
The main character was a magician living in a lush gothic mansion. Every morning he was visited by a different animal headed god, who then presented themselves for him to be sacrificed. He stabbed them to death with a decorative ritual knife. The animal headed gods all had Greek names.
He was sacrificing them to empower something, let’s call it an entity, that was dwelling in his cellar. The "entity" was either immense light or immense darkness, I don’t remember which. After he had sacrificed enough of gods to it, it became the opposite. And after it had become that, it no longer let the magician enter the cellar. He was stopped when he tried to open the door, and the entity inside thanked him for his service and told him they could never see each other again.
The magician was devastated, he had become addicted to the entity, and losing it was torture. The next time he tried to approach the cellar it was no longer there at all. The stairs leading down had vanished.
There was a lot more to it, but sadly, that’s all I can recall.

Almost equally sad that I actually remember a lot of the second dream, which was a very terrible nightmare. All I want to write about it, is that I had a money loan from gangsters, and when they came to collect, they weren’t very polite. I wasn’t even late in paying it back or anything, and I had the money and all, but they were just effin’ a $ $-holes.
Better not make business with gangsters.
Old 04-29-2020, 09:00 PM   #44
TrivialMorose

Last night is a haze. I remember deep woods with massive trees, and my wife wearing a certain white dress, which has in reality been thrown away ages ago.
Old 05-01-2020, 07:53 AM   #45
TrivialMorose

Last night,

I was a young woman on a 20 kilometer walk through the boon -- This word is forbidden? Seriously? -- docks to reach my boyfriend. On my way I came across an older man walking a dog, he started following me and talking to me. He was somehow creepy all the time. I was suspicious that he was dangerous, and I wished he wouldn’t follow me, but he seemed to be going the same way, so I couldn’t stop him.
Then we met an older woman on the way, and she started to walk with us, too. She seemed like she was crushing on the guy and was jealous that his attention was primarily aimed at me.
Next we spotted a stray dog on the road, and the guy released the dog he was walking and took they stray into his leash instead. I asked him why on earth did he do such a weird thing, to which the woman scoffed at me and said:
“It isn’t that weird.”
The man leered menacingly and said:
“It doesn’t matter. That wasn’t my dog either, anyway.”
Then I became sure of what he was and what he wanted, so I started running away, I also shouted to the other woman that she should run away too, that the man was going to kill us. As I tried to run, my movements became slow and labored, until I stumbled and fell to the ground.
The man and woman both laughed at my failed escape attempt. The woman also scorned at me and said I was just being crazy and rude, like all young people, and that the guy was nothing but wonderful.
The guy told me, “You shouldn’t try to run, it won’t work. There is nothing you can do. This will be over soon.”
By this comment, even the older woman became puzzled, but then the man already took out a knife, stabbed her to death and left the knife sticking from her chest. Then he came to stand over me and strangled me to death as well.

In another dream I was watching some television show, I can’t remember what it was, but I was surprised when it had Retro Girl from Powers appear in a very unlikely crossover, because it was some completely different kind of show from a completely different network. The plot took place after her murder in Powers, and she revealed in it that she had faked the murder to get away from publicity.
I’m currently in the middle of watching the second season of Powers in reality.
Old 05-01-2020, 09:05 PM   #46
TrivialMorose

Last nights memories are very vague.

There was a laboratory. Some guy was held prisoner there with a mummified corpse. The guy had a meat cleaver in his hand, and scalding hot water was rained on him from the ceiling to coerce him to make some decision he did not want to make.

Second dream is even hazier. There were some people who could create leathers with their minds, I think. Some of those leathers were patchy and frail, some were silklike and sturdy, it depended on who had created the leather. I think some leather creator had also painted a desert landscape with two silhouetted people standing in front of a sunset.
Old 05-03-2020, 06:26 AM   #47
TrivialMorose

Last night,

I dreamed about bugs crawling all over me, sinking their tiny but terrible vampire teeth repeatedly into my flesh, sucking out my blood, making me itch all over.

From this unpleasantness I woke with a start into hypnopompic mode. There was a tall and slim cardboard box with a white label on the side standing next to the bed. At first, I correctly recognized the box for the phantom image that it had to be, but it persisted for quite a long time, not even doing anything weird, like floating for example, and, having not yet fully recovered my faculties, I became uncertain whether it could be real after all. I reached out to find the truth of the matter, and the moment my finger was to touch the surface of it, the magic was dispelled. The box just blinked out of existence, which was, not unprecedented, but very unusual, normally my hypnopomps do a slow fadeout instead.

I resumed sleeping after that, and have forgotten almost completely what followed next, all I remember are some old black and white photographs and a black woman with straight long hair.
Old 05-04-2020, 08:43 AM   #48
TrivialMorose

Last night,

My spouse and I were having an excellent time at a gothic festival in a pub. There was some Pentecostal shindig going on across the street simultaneously, and we watched through the window as Social Repose (He is a musician and a Youtuber) went there in his full moth-goth gear with an equally decked out goth girlfriend. We were sad they didn’t come to the pub instead, and we thought they had to be devoutly religious people to choose that drab scene over the festival.
Old 05-04-2020, 03:06 PM   #49
UnderwaterOphelia

Ugh, did you revive this thread just to make me cringe?
UnderwaterOphelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 11:25 PM   #50
TrivialMorose

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderwaterOphelia View Post
Ugh, did you revive this thread just to make me cringe?
No, I'm sorry, my intent is never to hurt anybody. This is a fun thread to use as one's personal dream journal. Would be even better if you joined in, too, and told "us" about your latest dreams.

My last night is a very hazy thing.
There was a junk salesman, I think, and a helmet that had some technology in it to help contain someone's psyche in their body, or something like that... Very hazy...
What little I remember of the dream sort of resemble a story I was writing a short while back. In my story there were helmets that amplified psychic signals.