Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 01-10-2007, 03:30 PM   #51
PoupeeCelestia

Location: Lapiland =) quite a nice place with purple mountains and that kind of stuff...
Bwahahaha...I just have so much fun labeling....for me, itīs like some kind of internal joke...but I think that somehow, labels are usefull.
For example...I donīt really think that a mopey and a perky goth will get along...xD...
Humane Pain, Iīve made the translation specialy for you. Iīm afraid it isnīt as hilarious as the spanish version, but I tried to do my best (and I used the images and everything). Here is the url : http://www.geocities.com/celestiapoupee/goth_types/

Itīs not finished yet, but Iīll do it in parts, because the list itīs just too long, and I have to study...Have fun =)
PoupeeCelestia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 04:18 PM   #52
darkness-creepshow

bah -.- .....
darkness-creepshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 04:21 PM   #53
Graveyard.Crow

OOO not bad not bad at all.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:51 PM   #54
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoupeeCelestia
Bwahahaha...I just have so much fun labeling....for me, itīs like some kind of internal joke...but I think that somehow, labels are usefull.
For example...I donīt really think that a mopey and a perky goth will get along...xD...
Humane Pain, Iīve made the translation specialy for you. Iīm afraid it isnīt as hilarious as the spanish version, but I tried to do my best (and I used the images and everything). Here is the url : http://www.geocities.com/celestiapoupee/goth_types/

Itīs not finished yet, but Iīll do it in parts, because the list itīs just too long, and I have to study...Have fun =)
Thank you Poupee!

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 05:27 PM   #55
maggot

I second the remark.
Old 01-12-2007, 10:46 PM   #56
Temptation

Labels are just another way to define an already specific type of people. It just catagorizes similar attributes together, no harm in that i guess.
ha ha according to your guide Poupee im a cyber/net goth. Maybe not directly because I'm not into science fiction so much, nor am i into forums that much. However, i am into webdesign and IT types of things.
Temptation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 11:59 AM   #57
Pyre

Having just checked this thread, I must say that those labels hardly fit the photos. I see nothing hippie about the hippie goth, nothing tribal about the tribal goth, very little cyber in the cyber goth.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 12:04 PM   #58
Isotope

OK, if it's possible to edit the thread, so find better photos i'll put their links then[i was searching for the long time, but i couldn't]
Isotope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 12:05 PM   #59
Pyre

I might add, Poupee, that so far I have noticed a few errors due to translation, but one that I think is necessary to fix is "ankh," which you have written as "ank."

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 12:21 PM   #60
Godslayer Jillian

I noticed I haven't actually answered to this thread.
On Isotope's list, I'd be between a deathrock goth due to the fact that the style within my price range, and androgyn goth due to the fact that about 40% of my clothes are women's clothes.
On Poupee's list, I'd be a cynical goth.
Though if it were up to me, I'd dress in a Victorian/corporate fashion.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 12:22 PM   #61
DarkHeartedDemoness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isotope
OK, if it's possible to edit the thread, so find better photos i'll put their links then[i was searching for the long time, but i couldn't]
You can't edit past the 5 minute mark.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 03:23 PM   #62
PoupeeCelestia

Location: Lapiland =) quite a nice place with purple mountains and that kind of stuff...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyre
I might add, Poupee, that so far I have noticed a few errors due to translation, but one that I think is necessary to fix is "ankh," which you have written as "ank."
Iīll fix it right now. Thank you. Maybe I should take more time translating...T_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temptation
Labels are just another way to define an already specific type of people. It just catagorizes similar attributes together, no harm in that i guess.
ha ha according to your guide Poupee im a cyber/net goth. Maybe not directly because I'm not into science fiction so much, nor am i into forums that much. However, i am into webdesign and IT types of things.
Maybe you are a mixture between a cyber goth and another goth type. And labels donīt neccesary need to be followed strictly.
PoupeeCelestia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 08:45 AM   #63
maggot

We shouldn't confuse cybergoths and net.goths.

A cybergoth is pretty much a raver with more black and bigger boots, and spenmds lots of time in front of computers and whatnot.

A net.goth is a big ol' fat dude computer nerd who all the goths hate, because he isn't ACTUALLY goth, and claims "It's about what's on the inside!... [Which is totally true... TO AN EXTENT]"
You know, the really fat pimply dude you see at the Anime Convention wearing tripp pants and some black T shirt with a witty saying.

Thats how I see it anyways.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:50 PM   #64
OCD Insomnia

I am not goth at all I just enjoy gothic company.
OCD Insomnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 12:39 PM   #65
Ictum

I want number 6.

No, I NEED number 6.

Since I wear "normal" clothing (but all black) mixed with Victorian clothing, no chains, no symbolic stuff just plain black. Baggy pants and rather tight black t-shirts (I tend to jump around alot at concerts, and I like to have alot of moveability).

So I do not fit in anywhere /cry. Then again, I do not consider myself a goth since I do not listen to the music. The only things that connect me to the subculture are the ways of thinking, the literature and the morbid sense of humor.
Ictum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:33 AM   #66
Midnight_Fantasy

I'm a Jeans & T/shirt(usually black) person but for my school ball I would like my dress to be something like the romantic or vampyre goth or even medieval.
Midnight_Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:41 PM   #67
Minyaliel

Quote:
Originally Posted by poupeecelesta @ [url
http://www.geocities.com/celestiapoupee/goth_types/]An[/url] older goth, about 20 years or more is the range.
Hon, are you serious? Wow, I'm an elder goth, then. Shite, who am I to look up to now? *lol*
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 10:24 AM   #68
killer_asian_Dax

"oriental" baby doll/ schoolgirl?????

I think you mean EGL

My crappy Myspace
killer_asian_Dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 01:06 PM   #69
OCD Insomnia

Labels...does the goth label not contredict(sp?) its self?
Old 01-30-2007, 04:42 PM   #70
Godslayer Jillian

I don't see how, but I want to hear that thesis more detailed.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 05:34 PM   #71
OCD Insomnia

well goths go for the "original" and "out there" attitude and look. And goths are known for pushing the limit (in a good way). Wouldnt you say goths work against any type of label and that they are above all that bullshit? I may just be spewing word vomit but ive been wondering. I just thought goths went by "live and let live."
Old 02-20-2007, 12:18 PM   #72
KontanKarite

I would say I lean more to Romantic and Androgyn. I like to go glam as well. I love the old Victorian styles, but when I mean Romantic, I sometimes mean a more modern approach to it. Form fitting black blazer with untucked black dress shirt, unbuttoned at the top just enough to show full length of my necklace and unbuttoned at the bottom just enough to satisfy my tendency to be more girly/homo. Throw on some nice near form fitting black trousers and my black converse. I'm good to go.

I sometimes like to think less is more and simplicity is great when you have one thing interesting enough on its own. With the above mentioned outfit, I normally have eye liner on that looks very femm to look prettier and I'll white out my lips to blend seamlessly with my skin.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 12:26 PM   #73
Zenit

I'm a net.goth...
I am a girl, I do sports, I am 1.70cm high and weigh 50 kg. And the only reason I have black t-shirts with witty sayings on is because they're funny! I'm offended

Seriously though, stereotyping the stereotype? Boooring! But sure, it comes in handy at some point of the "getting to know eachother"-prosses I guess...

"Nutrizone can kiss my pale, decayed ass"
-Draconysius
Zenit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 01:10 PM   #74
bleedingheart344

I must be honest, labels are good. Stereotyping labels are bad. Let me explain: We need labels to distinguish ourselves, and see what we are. Sure, you can be yourself, but "yourself" may fit into these labels. But, when you use labels to find out everything in it and copy it, that's bad, and that is why labels get such a horrible name. I also believe that the "labels inside labels" thing will develop into labels inside labels inside labels inside labels, and it will just get too confusing. Just stick with goth
Old 02-26-2007, 10:12 AM   #75
rock_metal_chick

Thumbs down

I'm not a big fan of labels. I wear what I like regardless of what label it has stuck on it. I liked the cyber, tribal and punkrock goth style best
rock_metal_chick is offline   Reply With Quote