Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 10-06-2007, 06:47 AM   #1
crucifix

Manic Panic foundation

has anyone used the manic panic white foundation? I am thinking of buying some to mix a drop into my foundation (colorstay in buff) to lighten it. When I had a little bit of a tan this summer, buff was just barely too light for me and made me look perfectly paled out. Now, since my tan has gone away (yea!!! I hate tans) it matches me perfectly instead of being too pale. I cannot use the lightest shade in colorstay (ivory) because it is waaaaaay to pink for my skin and actually makes me look too dark because the pink in it clashes with my yellow undertoned skin and l end up looking slightly orange (yellow+pink=orange). So, would it be a good idea to buy some manic panic foundation to mix with my current MU to lighten it?
crucifix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 11:22 AM   #2
honeythorn

You could try it, I am not sure how well it would mix though. Have you tried Collection 2000 or MAC foundations? Both do a good pale shade. I prefer MAC NC15 ( their palest shade ) .
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 12:57 PM   #3
Graveyard.Crow

I gots a question.
You know that stuff by I think maybelline or something rather that claims it's 50 % water? Is that any good?
Old 10-07-2007, 10:29 AM   #4
crucifix

^hell NO! The lightest shade is BRIGHT pinky-orange. Disgusting, IMO.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:32 AM   #5
honeythorn

I have found that those mousse type foundations are also really really dark. Like..biscuity/orangey beige. Even the " ivory " was really dark for what was supposed to be the palest shade :/
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 04:47 AM   #6
TopHaggardDoll

I just wear StarGazer white pressed powder foundation, all the time. If you don't use too much it looks pretty good and evens things out. If you wanna be paler for out in Da Clurb just use both the white liquid and pressed powder foundation. it's excellent.

Just don't use too much...or you'll look like a clown...or even worse....like an Immortal reject.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:01 AM   #7
crucifix

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopHaggardDoll
Just don't use too much...or you'll look like a clown...or even worse....like an Immortal reject.
that's why I never wear straight up white liquid foundation, lol
Old 10-08-2007, 06:27 AM   #8
Necropolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopHaggardDoll
lmao

I use Jane Iredale mineral wear. It's awesome. If you need to cover pimples, green neutralizes the red of the pimple and then dab a little of (whatever shade of skin you are) concealor on top. Dust the mineral wear on and you're done. That mineral powder is awesome as it evens out skin tone and hides flaws without making you look like make-up cake face. It is talc free, has zinc in it, is anti-bacterial (for those who are bad about keeping their brushes cleaned every week or so) and won't clog pores. The molecules of the mineral wear are too large to be absorbed into the skin and the makeup literally just sits on the top.
Necropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 03:25 AM   #9
drewsilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necropolis
lmao

I use Jane Iredale mineral wear. It's awesome. If you need to cover pimples, green neutralizes the red of the pimple and then dab a little of (whatever shade of skin you are) concealor on top. Dust the mineral wear on and you're done. That mineral powder is awesome as it evens out skin tone and hides flaws without making you look like make-up cake face. It is talc free, has zinc in it, is anti-bacterial (for those who are bad about keeping their brushes cleaned every week or so) and won't clog pores. The molecules of the mineral wear are too large to be absorbed into the skin and the makeup literally just sits on the top.
You sound like you work for the company, but dang it all if I'm not wanting some now!
drewsilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 05:28 AM   #10
Necropolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewsilla
You sound like you work for the company, but dang it all if I'm not wanting some now!
Rofl. No I sell houses and stock, not makeup. But it's really good makeup, especially if you're not into having to deal with the application of foundation, which to me is a pain in the ass and makes me feel dirty.

The longest part of the routine is concealing blemishes and the powder foundation takes like 25 seconds. I'm all about low maintenance. It takes me longer to apply lipstick lol.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:35 PM   #11
Graveyard.Crow

Don't know about you but I really like the UBER pale look. Only on people that can pull it off though. Like me XD
Old 10-10-2007, 07:11 AM   #12
Necropolis

Are you talking about using makeup to make you look pale, or actually being pale?
Old 10-10-2007, 10:29 AM   #13
crucifix

^I am naturally fair, but not pale. I can pull off looking pale naturally with makeup since I am almost naturally pale.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:39 AM   #14
OCD Insomnia

I can garentee that manic panic will allways exceed your expectations.
OCD Insomnia is offline   Reply With Quote