Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 11-02-2005, 02:47 PM   #26
Oubliette

I would just like to say to everyone "thanks for noticing me"

"Can't we all just get a bong?"-Wolfie-
Oubliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 08:22 PM   #27
polished_wolf_claws

I would also like to Thank the Vetrans of this forum for not assuming that all newbs are retards... as I have so noticed with 90% of all newbs joining in the general week-2 week span that I joined..

I really appreciate it. I really do.

"Teh Lordz Satan Protektz me frm ebil in mah PANTS!!!!!11111"
polished_wolf_claws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 10:25 PM   #28
Binkie

E_E, oh man, that's exactly why I don't tell ice any of my good stories anymore! Lol. But this leaves me a good opporunity to thank you in return, not only for the kind words, but for spicing this place up in so many more ways than one. I can't even begin to recount the number of times I've read your posts and fallen out of my seat laughing, especially with some of the pictures and the little people that pee on the names of complete idiots (and countries). Oh my god that's funny as hell. But no, seriously, thanks for peppin' up the place with your humor and genuine character. It accounts for alot of why this place is still of any interest.
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Binkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 01:11 AM   #29
TheKorovaMilkbar

Basically I'm just gonna go with what TallOne said.

And on a side-note, thanx to everyone here for making the internet worthwhile. It's nice talking to (for the most part) intelligent people around and outside of this country. And tons of thanks to the vets that keep us ever so entertained.

Drinks all around.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:04 AM   #30
edible_eye

binkie -

wow. i'm pretty much blown away right now. i always thought you just tolerated me, like a pimple that won't pop. fuckin a', girl.

thank YOU.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:48 AM   #31
Soul_Immortal

This is going to take a while....=)
Old 11-03-2005, 08:37 PM   #32
Binkie

E_E,
hell no, man. H-e-l-l no. I'm just not famboyant/social about my personal respect and admiration for alot of members here. :P

X,
you know I got the love for ya too. ;)
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Old 11-03-2005, 08:44 PM   #33
NyQuil of Doom

Thank you to everyone who's helped me fit in here and said nice things to me.

Thanks to everyone who said I was pretty when I posted my pictures. Well, with the possible exception of the comma guy.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:53 PM   #34
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binkie
E_E,
hell no, man. H-e-l-l no. I'm just not famboyant/social about my personal respect and admiration for alot of members here. :P
i'm honored then, that you've opened to me. thanx again. and know that i have the utmost respect for you, beautiful binkie.

Old 11-04-2005, 01:33 AM   #35
Demonista_Ravenesque

I would like to thank the whole entire website (Except for fucktarded noobs who can go kiss my Alienese anus) This is possibly the only place on earth, Where I am taken seriously for simply expressing myself, I love you all

Demonista

xoxox

Hier sind doch irgendwo kinder versteckt
Demonista_Ravenesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 05:27 AM   #36
Disfunction

All right, if you feel that your name has been left out, it's by no means a conscious desire to leave you feeling excluded; my mind's rather out of sorts after a recent battle with sleep deprivation and I just now happened upon this thread.

In response to both Xng and Edible:

Xng: The feeling is very much mutual... and thank you for always being there for me, regardless of how frustrating I could be. I'll never forget that.

Edible: Like you to Binkie, I always thought that you just barely tolerated me up until more recently (hell, maybe you did; haha) but I really appreciate your kind words. You yourself, you come across as a rather scary person (which I should note, it is a rare thing that I find people physically intimidating) in your pictures, but your personality never ceases to shine through in each and every one of your posts on Gnet; the experience never would have been the same without you.

Now, as for everyone else, I'm going to test the strength of my memory and the time I have alotted to me before a much needed dentist appointment :

To start, TStone: If I were to be asked who on Gothic had the greatest deal of impact on my life, undoubtedly, your name would be among the first to come to mind; your critiques of other people's works can be harsh at times, but always fair, and while I may have had some difficulty dealing with your criticism constructively, I learned. After learning, I never stopped appreciating any single bit of positive input you could have, and like any writer, sometimes I took it and other times I just tossed it aside (there'd always be one or two things which I could never stand to rid myself of, or some intentionally ambiguous terms that I'd not want to change, etc.). Thank you for everything, but most of all, for your honesty. When you compliment my work, I know I've done something right, and coming from a guy who usually shrugs them off, I hope that means something.

EPS: Likewise, albeit less so given fewer interactions in the lit. forum, thank you for your input and kind words. When I first read your response to "Redemption Part I" I couldn't tell you how positively giddy I felt. Yes, that's right; giddy. On another thank you note, thank you for sharing your hauntingly beautiful voice with this forum and granting us with a sample of what heaven would sound like if each of us were bound for such a destination (I'm more of a Limbo kinda guy, myself). In fact, thank you for the moderation.

That's important: To all of the moderators, admins, etc. everyone who made this webcommunity possible; thank you for not letting it fall short on quality.

To Al: Thank you for setting me straight a few times in pm's; anything of a tolerable user that I am today is due in-part to your intervention.

To Demonista: Thank you for proving to me that there IS such a thing as a beautiful thirteen year old. As the Canadian age of consent is fourteen, I'm not generally privy to these concepts of jailbait, at least not quite as of yet; it's nice to know that such a thing does exist, even if only outside of my nation's borders. (I'm kidding about me being a pedophile by American standards ).

Thank you to everyone that actually noticed my absence and welcomed me upon my return.

To Binkie: Thank you for being hauntingly beautiful both in an intellectual capacity as well as physical; it's just always nice to be exposed to such multi-faceted radiance.

To Michael Moore and France: Thanks for taking it all in stride.

I know I'm missing people from my list, and I'll gladly update with another in due time. Best wishes everyone; this place is more home than the one that houses my parents and sister.

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 09:44 AM   #37
Binkie

Dis,
I just gotta say that I'm glad ya never quite did leave for good... like ya said you would so many times.

Naw, but I miss discussing stuff with you - be it politics or whatever. Just cause disagreements never really turned into arguements of flame-fests. They were just level headed discussions. And just so ya know, I envy your sense of moderation. While most other people, including me, have fallen under the influence of extreme partisan politics, you've managed to stay true to what you believe in without really budging.

I have and will always envy that quality in you.

X,
you gave me your AIM nick back in the day but like... you were never on! Argh! Now I'm the one that's never able to get on much anymore. Yeah, but alas, I will contact you here shortly.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:56 PM   #38
MrMaelstrom

Great, now that we're all showering together... hey, who grabbed my ass?

No, really. I just noticed this thread now (what a moderator ), and I feel sooo special, because everybody got thanked for their kind words and helpfull advice, and I got thanked for being a whore!!!

I mean, the best compliment I got was "King-shit"?!!??!

thanks guys...
Old 11-07-2005, 02:03 PM   #39
Disfunction

Well, thank you, Binkie. Of all of the people on the board, you are probably the one that intimidated me the most. I'd always opt to say nothing for fear of you shredding what little I could say apart. That taught me a great lesson in moderation than most other matters have. haha

As for Mael: Thanks for being you, in general. You've always given the political portion of the boards a more or less unique persepctive which added to the matter. Always intellectual... well... intellectual and.. many other things.

Soooo sleepy.

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 02:48 PM   #40
angleangel_doom

Thanks to you all (well...most of you, not the dumbasses...you know who you are) for being genuine human beings and reminding me that humanity is not lost.
And for allowing me to fit in and voice myself.
This has been said a thousand times already, no?
And thanks to the newbs for making me feel better about myself, because God knows you will always be dumber than me...hahaHA!
angleangel_doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 04:20 AM   #41
mortalitas incomitatus

awww shit this site is just full of awsome people.
no wonder i keep comming back.

beers and cheers folks.

*another eliter*
mortalitas incomitatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 10:22 PM   #42
Demonista_Ravenesque

Just before I leave Gnet, I feel the need to thank everyone yet again.

Gnet has become my sacred space of thoughts and fun memories.

I heart everyone here and I heart this place.

Without Gnet, I'd probably be outside shitting on someone's front lawn.

But here, I've learnt acceptance, restraint and many other great things.

Thank you all!

Demonista xoxoxo

Old 12-20-2005, 10:26 PM   #43
Demonista_Ravenesque

Naw Xng, sorry Missy, I'll be leaving Gnet for a while...

Old 12-21-2005, 09:21 AM   #44
1TOOMANY

Here are my thanx! There are many personalities on this board some I can relate to so very well some I can't at all, But I love everyone as one love's there family (Even the people that I've gotten into bloodbaths with, I believe strongly in forgiveness! It maybe because I am a fuck up at times and need the support from my friends and family to pick myself up and dust myself off (kinda like one of my bad wipeouts at the park) and forgiveness is a big part of that. Anyway with that behind me I love all the awesome personalities on this board! I can name people one by one, but for the most part everyone knows I dig them, and that includes everyone. If you don't like me, well that's cool too. Deal.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:33 AM   #45
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonista_Ravenesque
whatever you're up to, young lady - good luck. you'll be missed.

and welcomed with open arms when you return.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:06 PM   #46
1TOOMANY

Hey Demon. Rav. I hpe your kidding why would you just leave like that.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:17 PM   #47
Demonista_Ravenesque

I'm simply leaving to go on a spiritual journey....after that, A SHOPPING FRENZY!!!!11!!one!!!!

Thank you all Gnetters again!

Old 12-22-2005, 10:01 PM   #48
tenet_2012

You'll be missed while you are gone!

--Geisha
tenet_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 11:04 PM   #49
Sanctus Dei

Demonista!! I'll miss you!!

Hmm, I'm going to thank Demonista, Dreams, Tenet, joyslayer and Circle V for taking a second to respond... (nice to not feel invisible for once) and everyone else for not being stupid.

Edible: for making me laugh

Rose: for setting me straight when neseccary

Nix: your too cute

Geisha: for being wise and honest

More later I think... too tired.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 11:07 PM   #50
tenet_2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonista_Ravenesque
Who's going to stay up all night with me now?

--Geisha
tenet_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote