Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Literature
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Literature Please come visit. People get upset, write poetry about it, and post it here. Sometimes we also talk about books.

Old 07-29-2007, 10:13 PM   #1
TopHaggardDoll

El Lyrics

These are the lyics to Lust For The Kill....I wrote them for a song my drummer wrote last year.

Lust For the Kill

I am the bloody hand of God,
You are the lamb that strayed.
I, the hemetic sheppard,
The butcher in disguise.

Worship at my...
Sanguine Alter...
Lord of death...
To your world...

Massacered promised lands,
My angel of slaughtered flesh.
Sing bloodsoaked symphonies,
From torn celestial throats.

Pray to me...
Offer yourself...
A foul sacrifice...
My filthy lamb...

My only sin was my lust,
My unholy hunger for blood

Virgin mother cry me rivers,
Streaming with pulsing viens,
Spew me from your ravaged womb,
A carnal plague of murder.

Worship the dirt...
From which you bloomed...
A flower of flesh...
Rotting forever...

My only sin was my lust,

Screams that resonate my soul,
An orchestra of death that plays for you.

Grim as it come reaping,
our unforgiving God.

Darkness sings...
A savage lullabye...
My sweet Angel...
Damned to die...

My only sin was my lust,

Here is the link if you feel like hearing it
( http://www.myspace.com/therealsurgeofhatred )

Please, don't feel obligated to.

x
Old 07-29-2007, 10:25 PM   #2
Circle V

Sanguine means "joyful." Sanguinary means "pertaining to blood." As far as I can remember, that is.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:11 PM   #3
TopHaggardDoll

whoops! lol...

Well, I can always change it at some point....but now the recorded song will forever be tainted with that wrong word. I think it's pretty funny actually.

XD!

x
Old 07-29-2007, 11:16 PM   #4
TopHaggardDoll

Wait....no...Sanguine can mean "blood red"....it's okay.

I was kinda hoping it meant "joyful"....just because that'd be too good.

x
Old 07-29-2007, 11:31 PM   #5
Onetwothree

I am not a big fan for music nowadays, because it totally betrays the poem. I guess this is mediocre for music...
Onetwothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 03:23 AM   #6
TopHaggardDoll

The way I see it, however is....in Black Metal, you rarely see a band convey anything other than hatred for religion or exalting Satanism.

These lyrics aren't about that, it's getting into the mind of a serial killer (I actually researched to get as close to I could to understand the mindset) the mind of a human is much darker than any fictional character could be. It's about holding a mirror to an audience. No, i'm not going to put down other religions then say that another is great! Hatred is overused. I wanted to convey something different, something that can torture the mind and soul more, something real.

Obviously, this did nothing for you, i'm not trying to make you like it. Hopefully I'll get somewhere with my ideas at some point though.

x
Old 07-30-2007, 02:04 PM   #7
Onetwothree

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopHaggardDoll
The way I see it, however is....in Black Metal, you rarely see a band convey anything other than hatred for religion or exalting Satanism.

These lyrics aren't about that, it's getting into the mind of a serial killer (I actually researched to get as close to I could to understand the mindset) the mind of a human is much darker than any fictional character could be. It's about holding a mirror to an audience. No, i'm not going to put down other religions then say that another is great! Hatred is overused. I wanted to convey something different, something that can torture the mind and soul more, something real.

Obviously, this did nothing for you, i'm not trying to make you like it. Hopefully I'll get somewhere with my ideas at some point though.

x
Actually, I'd say you are very far from the mind of a serial-killer. They do not view what they are doing as dark. If you knew how nonchalant they were about it, you'd get it too. They carve you up with the same care, and attention to detail as I would a Thanksgiving turkey.
Onetwothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 11:41 PM   #8
TopHaggardDoll

I think i'm pretty close actually...

The religious connotation in this song is supposed to convey the power they feel when they kill and live out the violent sadistic fantasies in their heads.

Here are some quotes from this site: www.crimelibrary.com

"The murders reflect a need to sadistically dominate the victim"

"The victim may have "symbolic" value for the killer; method of killing may reveal this meaning;"

"Serial killers are sadists, seeking perverse pleasure in torturing the victim"

"They need to dominate, control, and "own" the person"

"Some serial killers are precociously demented, fascinated by sadistic violence at a very early age."

"all they know are their fantasies of domination and control. They have not developed compassion for others. Instead, humans become flattened-out symbols for them to enact their violent fantasies."

"sex is linked to death, not life, for the lust murderer"

"to sustain the fantasy, serial killers come to a point where they need to live it out. They will dwell on the murder act for years, and drift into almost trance-like states days before the murder, completely enraptured by their fantasy."

"the brutal, messy reality of murder never completely fulfills the power of the fantasy. In fact, it is usually a letdown, but the fantasy won't go away — it is too deeply ingrained in the killer's psyche. This accounts for the serial nature of lust murder."

You can't tell me, after reading that, that what is in their heads isn't dark. No, they don't view it that way themselves. They can kill you without a care. The reason they do it though, is very dark. To live out disturbing fantasies of violence against other people.

All the quotes come from this article: http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_k...victims_1.html