Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 04-08-2008, 02:40 PM   #26
Pye

Quote:
Originally Posted by prophecyofdoom
I hope he does get five years because the wrongness of this story is just outrageous. I knew I shouldn't have fucking clicked this link. Reading shit like this inspires me to all sorts of hateful thoughts about humanity in general. I seriously doubt this vile person just happened to stumble across a dead hedgehog when he was looking for a weapon.
He only chucked a hedgehog. You go on like he cut it open while it was still alive so he could watch it swallow a grape. He found a manky hog and threw it at some kid, there's much worse going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionic_angel
I doubt even more that he stumbled across a live one.
Same.

It's likely he did find a dead one. I live in the country and find them all over the place. My dog hurt his nose trying to pick one up once.

Quote:
Also, what's all this about "respecting" a dead body? Of an animal, no less. I mean, we eat them...is that being disrespectful? What about the fly you swatted the other day, or the ant you accidentally stepped on? Was that mini-murder?
I think it's the respect of the animals spirit. Believe it or not some people do have respect for the dead for their own reasons, I don't see anything wrong with it. Not everyone eats animals either.
Pye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 03:33 PM   #27
korinna5555

I'm almost positive it was dead. My (now deceased) hedgie fell off the bed once, and he bounced. They're pretty tough little buggers.
korinna5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 12:35 AM   #28
ionic_angel

I wish i had a pet hedgehog. :-(
ionic_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:21 AM   #29
Moon Child

HAHAHA!!!

Heard someone murdered his mother a week ago with a spoon- disturbing but wierd...

-poore hedgehog-snuffle
:P
Moon Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 02:25 AM   #30
Jaye Jang

Agent17,

Thanks. Having a funny dream beats having a scary nightmare. BTW, your cat is awsome.
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 05:25 PM   #31
Agent17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaye Jang
Agent17,

Thanks. Having a funny dream beats having a scary nightmare. BTW, your cat is awsome.
Why thank you, I will have to take more pictures of him.
Agent17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:03 PM   #32
LaBelleDameSansMerci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon Child
Heard someone murdered his mother a week ago with a spoon- disturbing but wierd...
*snort* lol, that reminds me of Jeeves and Wooster. One of their euphemisms for "dying" is "sticking one's spoon in the wall." If one said "My Uncle stuck his spoon in the wall," it means "My Uncle died."

Quote:
Also, what's all this about "respecting" a dead body? Of an animal, no less. I mean, we eat them...is that being disrespectful? What about the fly you swatted the other day, or the ant you accidentally stepped on? Was that mini-murder?
No, eating animals isn't disrespectful, nor is accidentally stepping on them. Lobbing them at people is, however. It's treating them carelessly in a way that can easily be avoided. It's insanely hard to avoid stepping on ants in the summer, and as for the eating thing, we are natural omnivores. Is it disrespectful for a lion to eat a gazelle, or a wolf to eat a rabbit? The only *real* difference between us and animals with the eating thing is that, sadly, we often treat them poorly in life.
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote