Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 08-19-2006, 08:39 PM   #1
the_ink_bleeds_faster

Where can I get good makup?

Right now, I'm looking for some good makeup. I've been looking online, and I've looked in local stores where I live and I just can't seem to find a white foundation. I'm trying to stay around reasonable prices. Do you have any good links? Oh, and do keep in mide that this is my first thread, just tell me if I'm doing anything wrong.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:22 PM   #2
thebloodflowers

Location: in,.....a house....in a country...in queensland...in maleny
hrmh, have you possibley try covergirls stuff its not white but it looks pretty pale.....ither that or cosmetics plus has a make-up thing inside of it where they have that sort of thing...
thebloodflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 10:49 PM   #3
the_ink_bleeds_faster

I haven't tried covergirls yet...I have naturally rosey cheaks and I'm just hoping I can find something that will make it lighter.
Old 08-20-2006, 02:34 AM   #4
thebloodflowers

hrmh possibley even lorieal paris works well.....along with a light dusting of powder or even theres some cool green tone foundasions/powders that fix redness.....
Old 08-20-2006, 07:32 AM   #5
honeythorn

If you want a good quality pale foundation, then i'd suggest MAC. The palest shade is 15, it really very pale, I use it . It's not what you'd call cheap but it's good stuff.

White foundation looks awful by the way, i'd stick with a normal pale foundation unless you like the clown look. As theboodflowers suggested, you can get a green corrector cream that you put on before using foundation, to cover excess redness and roseaca.

Collection 2000 has a pale foundation too. I also use their translucent pressed powder as well. If you want a good liquid liner then i'd suggest Benefit's babe cake. It looks like a pressed eyeshadow but is in fact eyeliner. You just need a small paintbrush and a little pot of water. Just sweep the wet paintbrush over the pallette and draw the line. Either that or Rimmel is good too for both pencil and liquid.

Can't really help with lipstick as I dont wear it ( I think my lips are the wrong shape to carry it off)
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 04:16 AM   #6
thebloodflowers

lipstick once again stick to mac and for eyeliner connection 2000 for liquid and pencil lipstick go see the nice ladies in myer im sure if you asked nicey they'd be more then happy to help you out
Old 08-26-2006, 12:04 PM   #7
slave1

As mentioned above, MAC is a wonderful line of products. They can be pricey, but you get what you pay for. Their pigments are much more concentrated... seriously... try a drugstore lipstick or eyeshadow and compare it to MAC products and you will be blown out of the water.
Their Studio Fix foundation is to die for is you're looking for a foundation or powder.

Also, Urban Decay eyeshadows also seem to have great pigment.
slave1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 01:08 PM   #8
darkness-creepshow

have you checked manic panic? they have white powder in 2 different styles...i dont know how good that stuff is though. i am also looking for a foundation..
darkness-creepshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 02:30 PM   #9
bleedingheart344

Would anyone recommend Manic Panic's lipstick?
Old 08-26-2006, 07:39 PM   #10
darkness-creepshow

Has anyone tried that dreamtone liquid foundation by manic panic?
Old 08-26-2006, 09:45 PM   #11
transformingfate

foundation

I've been mixing a pale shade of foundation with a white one - it lightens the original but doesn't even come close to the evil clown look because you've still got the skin-toned foundation. If you want a foundation that's going to stay on even during hot and sweaty moments - whether you be outside, or performing any strenuous excersize that might induce sweat - use the ColorStay foundation from L'Oreal. It's the only one I've found that works, and it comes in a pretty fair tone.

While I'm on here. Has anyone ever bought any makeup from the goodgoth.com website? If so - is it good/bad, and what about it is? Anyone know anything about the company itself? I was looking for clothing and ran across it. Haven't seen it mentioned yet (though I have by no means been through all the threads) and was curious.
transformingfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 10:27 PM   #12
deamon doll

well if you want to go cheap try covergirls powder and foundation-ivory.
its the palest shade they have but itll look natural compared to manic panic's white.
i agree with urban decay for shadows. they have some really good dark and glittery colors and nail polishes
deamon doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 11:24 PM   #13
darkness-creepshow

Umm deamon doll..manic panic has 3 different whites...they all look different i think...the white press virgin powder looks horruble it doesnt look anything like the "mime color white" or what you guys say is the "clown color" theres a pic of a girl wherein it on there site...as for the goth white cream/powder and the dreamtone liquid foundation...i dont know...

Umm how do you get that extreme pale look....? will the mac's shade 15 do that?...

If your hit by rain or somthing on your face while whereing a white foundation will it slowly turn like a translucent pale? or just come completly off.
Old 08-26-2006, 11:44 PM   #14
Malady

A good white foundation to use is Ben Nye, it's white but as long as you don't glomp it on it looks fairly natural (but then again, I'm pretty pale to begin with). It won't cause your skin to break out like most white foundations, either.
Malady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 02:19 AM   #15
darkness-creepshow

Umm which one did you exactly get..? ben nye has lots of foundations...all i could find was his clown makup...its that really bright stuff i think that would look bad...i was going for a more brandon lee look foundation...the white they used looks good
Old 08-27-2006, 06:43 AM   #16
honeythorn

You could try mixing MAC shade 15 with some white foundation and see how that turns out. Make sure you mix it well though. Shade 15 alone wont give you an extreme pale look, but it will make you pale. ( why anyone would desire the mime/ evil clown, " a la IT " look is beyond me but , well it's your face...) . Like I say, mix it with white and it may turn out ok. I doubt if it would come off in the rain. i've sampled some white foundation and it felt rather greasy to me ( yet another reason not to use it).
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 07:52 AM   #17
badteccy

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ink_bleeds_faster
Right now, I'm looking for some good makeup. I've been looking online, and I've looked in local stores where I live and I just can't seem to find a white foundation. I'm trying to stay around reasonable prices. Do you have any good links? Oh, and do keep in mide that this is my first thread, just tell me if I'm doing anything wrong.
I'm telling ya, CVS has awesome makeup.
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 12:04 AM   #18
Malady

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkness-creepshow
Umm which one did you exactly get..? ben nye has lots of foundations...all i could find was his clown makup...its that really bright stuff i think that would look bad...i was going for a more brandon lee look foundation...the white they used looks good
I don't remember what shade it is (and I'm to lazy to dig it out) but it's not that uberly bright stuff, which I saw at the store and shook my head at.
Malady is offline   Reply With Quote