Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Literature
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Literature Please come visit. People get upset, write poetry about it, and post it here. Sometimes we also talk about books.

Old 03-01-2008, 03:34 PM   #76
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Forgot to say this was Chapter 11. Damn it!
Hope you all enjoy this one.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 03:40 PM   #77
Tha Duckman

I wanna be a robot!
Tha Duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 05:15 PM   #78
HumanePain

By the way, I hope no one takes this FICTIONAL story personally, it is just for fun! I by no means intend ANYthing personal as I kill off various characters in the story. It makes the story interesting! I love Mir and like Duane and the rest of you all in real life, so don't think I am expressing latent hostility or something. Sprinkle a little violence in a story and a bit of romance and you have the recipe for a decent read.

Old 03-01-2008, 05:21 PM   #79
honeythorn

I am a doctor! wow! I like my part Humane! Thaaaankyouuu ^_^
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 07:17 PM   #80
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I am loving it more and more every time I read this Humane. You are such a great writer.

Please continue.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 07:21 PM   #81
Tha Duckman

Can you make it so that I kill Crimson Emo Girly?
Old 03-01-2008, 08:39 PM   #82
HumanePain

Chapter 12

Guitar strings, plucked gently with soft melody. The smell of fresh linen. And growing light, pushing him to consciousness. He wondered: am I dead?

"He's moving!" Haun said to the to others, and put down his guitar.

"Duane? Duane, can you hear me?"

The patient opened his eyes, and saw Noir and Sarah peering over him, and Haun's face coming into view.

Duane blinked and looked again, trying to breathe. Speaking hurt.

"I thought I was in heaven looking at angels, until I saw this devil come into view." He squinted at Haun.

Smiles went all around, and Haun laughed. Kerri and the tall harmonica player of the band came up too.

"Oh Duane!" Noir wasn't a mayor now, she was a woman, glad to see her friend alive. She lay her head gently over Duane's chest and hugged him.

"Ouch!" Duane's side ached. The bullet had shattered his right rib and with reduced speed had gone on to lodge in his lung. Removing it from his lung had been the easy part of the surgery. Dr. Thorn had spent most of the time reassembling and pinning what was left of the rib.

Noir lifted her head quickly.

"Sorry my dear friend. Thank you." She could not stop a few tears from running down her face. "Thank you for saving my life!"

Sarah complained.
"Now stop it Noir, you are going to make me cry ...too..." and she let a sob escape, but wiped here eyes and quickly smiled.

"It was all my fault, if I hadn't told Duane he would be ok now."

The Mayor quickly defended. "And I might be dead. Come now, you both saved my life. As did Miss Paine."

Duane struggled to speak, still weak with a partially collapsed lung.
"And...Sgt. Westtebe."

The friends all looked at each other with silent communication.

By silent agreement between them, Noir answered.

"No Duane. The Sgt. was part of the plot. Von Paine and Edward arrived with Von Troop. Von Troop tried to kill Von Paine, but failed, and he confessed that the Sgt. was part of the plot. They are both under arrest and charged with murder and attempted murder."

Duane lay his head back from the overwhelming news. His old view of a friendly world serving drinks and lighting ladies cigarettes was gone. The world had been a very dangerous place all along and he had been ignorant of it all.

But he had saved Noir's life. He was content with that. Little did he know that soon she would need help again, but this time not from a stout young man, but from a widower.

"Then that is your final answer? You are certain you will not help our town?"
Molly knew it was of no use now. But she had to try.

"I am helping our town, by not helping you."

"Very well. Mr. Child!"

The driver came out from waiting in the lobby and stood at the parlor entrance.
"Yes Miss."

Molly McKenzie stood up and flicked her red hair over her shoulders, and walked out. At least there was no muddy walkways at the homes of the wealthy. She was helped into the back of the car and then the driver and she departed.

Mrs. Raven parted the thick drapes by the entrance foyer window and watched the rabble rouser leave. Hmph! Anyone with common sense in this town would see it was nonsense to recall the Mayor. Why, she had only been in office 2 weeks!

She turned and went upstairs to the nursery. Her son Brandon should be waking from his nap soon. And to think she wasted a nap for herself, much needed in keeping up with a four year old, by wasting an hour with that McKenzie woman. Hmph!

It had been tough taking care of her son by herself, since her husband had gone to South Africa to negotiate another diamond mine contract, but had then been kidnapped by a local rebel group, and had never been heard from again. He couldn't still be alive after these years. But although wealthy and beautiful, attracting many would be suitors, she always turned them down thinking somewhere in the back of her mind that he was still alive, that there was still a chance he would return someday. She shook her head and then brought her thoughts back to Brandon, and as she neared the top of the stairs she listened to hear if he was awake.

As she rode in the back of the car in silence, Molly pressed her lips together in determination. Her new plan to replace the ruling power was not starting off well. This was typical of her reckless bravery: not thinking she was fortunate to have escaped suspicion, not worried about the close call and taking a low profile, no: she must start on a new course of action immediately, no time must be wasted.

She would recall the Mayor, and then she would have legal power to blackmail the Clan into replacing the old guard leaders or sieze the Castle under pretext of Imminent Domain. She would just assume be rid of the Clan altogether, but if they submitted to her power then the rest of the Clan may be useful.

Von Paine and Dr. Thorn would not be dissuaded, they must be removed from power or better still eliminated. But that would take another assassin, one who was not incompetent like Von Troop. Only his knowledge that he would be killed if he revealed the redhead's involvement kept him from mentioning her name. He had seen her ruthlessness...demonstrated before.

Old 03-01-2008, 08:47 PM   #83
HumanePain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crying_Crimson_Tears
I am loving it more and more every time I read this Humane. You are such a great writer.

Please continue.
Gosh! :blush: Thank you Crimson. You give me the best encouragement to write! Your comments drive me to write more!

Old 03-01-2008, 08:56 PM   #84
HumanePain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenmother
Awe...Thanks HP. Brendan has an alter ego name too...lol.^_^. I laughed a little...anyway...I like it. It's really good...can't wait to read more.
Glad you liked it. Both you and your son's characters will be seeing a lot of action in the next few chapters!

Stay tuned!

And now a word from our sponsor:

https://www.gothic.net

"Bone Chilling Literary Culture"

Old 03-01-2008, 09:23 PM   #85
HumanePain

Chapter 13

"A recall?" The Mayor was incredulous. She almost rose from her desk in the ornate Mayoral Office.

"Yes your honor. The petitioner's tables have popped up at the post office, the library and law even allows them at the town chambers! What should we do?"

Bella was always loyal to her boss, but she was lacking for what to do about the recall. To her loyal mind recalling Noir as Mayor was beyond comprehension, despite the all too frequent change in politics.

"We must find out what reasons they are giving, and dispute them, and more importantly, I need you to find out who is behind all of this! Go to each of the recall tables and ask them who hired them, as if you were interested in getting a job at a table of your own."

"No! You know I would never help someone recall you your honor!" Bella's eyes went wide.

"Bella, I know you are loyal, it is just to gather information, not to do me any real harm. The real harm would be if we were to do nothing." She let that sink into Bella's less beguiled mind.

"Yes your honor. I'll find out!" She turned and left.

The Mayor got up and walked to the tall two story window and pressed her face close to the glass in an attempt to look straight down below at the chamber steps, as if to try and see the recall table herself. Sure enough, there it was with a woman and a man handing out recall papers. A redheaded woman. McKenzie! Well, we'll just see about that! She strutted out the office and headed for Security. She wanted to confront Molly with a guard on both sides, to try and intimidate the woman with a show of force.

.................................................. .

"Here she comes Miss" The driver put down his stack of papers. He wanted both hands free, as the Mayor was approaching with security men.

Molly turned around and smiled. Let the Mayor do her worst.

"Good Morning your honor."

"Molly get this table off of public property NOW!"

"But a recall is a public function, protected by law." She smiled.

The Mayor hesitated and bit her lip. The statement was true. And at her swearing in she swore to uphold the law.

Molly saw the hesitation, and the minutiae of the Mayor biting her lip and missed nothing. She went on the offensive.

"Trying to threaten a citizen exercising their rights with your henchmen?"

"They are here to protect me, since someone has been trying to kill me. You wouldn't happen to know who would you now?"

"I don't know and I don't have a lawyer present, but I must say I can sympathize with their motive. What kind of Mayor does a town need if the Mayor must protect herself from her own voters, instead of freely walking among them like I do."

"You go right ahead and waste your time Molly. I have support of the people. I was elected to power, and didn't have to steal it from someone. Good bye."

She left back to her office, but left the security men by the table to show she didn't need security.

As Molly eventually learned, the Mayor ordering the security men to stay by the recall table also gave the appearance that Molly herself had henchmen. She stewed that she did not realize this until after the Mayor left.

Her table did not get any more signatures that day.

Old 03-01-2008, 09:55 PM   #86
Bella Sophia

o.o

god, that does sound like me <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_dreams
What the Hell is wrong with you!?!?! who the Hell kill's helpless and innocent babies? that's f***ing sick!!!
Don't you have anything better to do than pollute our forums?!?
Bella Sophia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 09:56 PM   #87
HumanePain

Chapter 14

"Your honor, a visitor to see you. She says she is a supporter. Mrs. Dawn Raven."

The Mayor looked up. The Raven family was wealthy. She could use some help about now.

"Send her in, and Bella, please call up the bistro across the street and have some tea and sandwiches brought in. And some pastries too."

"Yes your honor."

The Mayor stood up and walked around to the front of her desk. Mrs. Raven walked in, accompanied by her 4 year old son.

"Hello your honor. Thank you for seeing me."

"Oh the pleasure is really mine Mrs. Raven, especially since you brought your adorable son with you!" The Mayor bent down and spoke to the boy.

"Would you like to see the fire station with all of the red fire engines?"

"Yes! Fire engines!" the boy started jumping up and down.

"Bella, would you mind..."

"Sure your honor. Come with me Brandon." Bella knew babysitting was not in her job description, but she also knew that the wealthy Mrs. Raven could help her boss. She sighed and took the little boy by the hand and took him to the fire station next door, closing the Mayor's door behind her.

"I was disgusted when I saw the recall table at the post office today, and had to come see you your honor. You must fight this outrageous recall!"

"Oh, I intend to Mrs. Raven, really I do."

"Please, call me Dawn."

"Thank you Dawn, and please call me Noir."

"So as I was saying, I was disgusted, and want to help you fight it. I can buy posters, signs, provide catering for events, why, it will be like another campaign!"

"Thank you so much Dawn, I can't say enough how much I appreciate your help!"

"Stop the car!" Molly yelled, as they halted their morning trip to the town chambers for another day of recall work. There, on a lamp post on the edge of town was a poster, supporting the Mayor against "the frivolous recall"!

Eyes wide with rage, Molly sat back in the car. "Go on Mr. Child, but instead of the town chamber steps, take me around town. I want to see how strong this campaign is!"

"Yes Miss."

The printer was happy with all of the new business. His shop had done well enough for the year just with the normal election demands for posters and buttons and whatnot, but now the recall was like another campaign, with Mrs. McKenzie buying recall papers, and Mrs. Raven buying anti-recall posters. This was going to be a very profitable year!

The bell dangling on the top of the shop door jangled as Molly stormed in.

"Mr. Dragon: I demand to know who is buying the anti-recall posters from you! There are too many for it to be a private group, I know that the corrupt mayor is using taxpayer's money to buy them! It's her isn't it!"

The printer was calm.
"Good Morning Mrs. McKenzie. My but you look beautiful this morning." He walked around the front of his counter and got as close to her as possible, until the Driver stepped up and placed his hand firmly on Mr. Dragon's chest.

Molly's stern blue eyes piercing into him melted the printer's heart and he answered.

"Why no, actually the Mayor is buying them at all. Mrs. Dawn Raven is buying them."

Molly's eyes went wide "Why that..."

She shut her mouth and stormed back out of the shop, the door bell jingle incongruent with the charged atmosphere she just left.

"She didn't even say good bye. How rude." And he whistled as he went back around the corner. Maybe he would close early today and sit and watch his posters go up across town. They reminded him of flowers blooming in the spring as his works of art sprouted from lamp posts and walls cross town.

Old 03-01-2008, 09:59 PM   #88
HumanePain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Sophia
o.o

god, that does sound like me <3
Well, the idea is not to sound like you, it is to just use everyone's name in my story. You see, I have this vision in my mind, it is the story all scrolling by, with characters etc. alraedy defined, so all I can do is tag everyone's names on them.

I actually was afraid you might be offended by the subservient role your character plays in the story.

(yawn), I is sleepy. Must go to bed. (yawn). Hope everyone likes it even though this is the "slow" part for now, but it is a needed "setup" for the more exciting chapters yet to come. Wow, I can't believe I have written 14 chapters just since Wednesday (4 days ago). My Muse is in high gear!

Nighty night.

Old 03-01-2008, 10:47 PM   #89
Bella Sophia

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain
Well, the idea is not to sound like you, it is to just use everyone's name in my story. You see, I have this vision in my mind, it is the story all scrolling by, with characters etc. alraedy defined, so all I can do is tag everyone's names on them.

I actually was afraid you might be offended by the subservient role your character plays in the story.

(yawn), I is sleepy. Must go to bed. (yawn). Hope everyone likes it even though this is the "slow" part for now, but it is a needed "setup" for the more exciting chapters yet to come. Wow, I can't believe I have written 14 chapters just since Wednesday (4 days ago). My Muse is in high gear!

Nighty night.
I must admit, I don't like the subservient because I'm not subservient part at all. lol
Other than that, I suppose it works, lol.

Quote:
What the Hell is wrong with you!?!?! who the Hell kill's helpless and innocent babies? that's f***ing sick!!!
Old 03-02-2008, 01:20 AM   #90
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Question: Do I see more action?

I totally don't mind if that was it as I have achieved one of my dreams but i was wondering is all
Sir Canvas Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 01:47 AM   #91
Bete Noire

Hmm can I has a small part perchance? Or are all the names tagged on, as it were?
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 04:41 AM   #92
Apathy's_Child

Sweeeeet. Cool story, man. If I were Molly's chauffeur though, I would totally have a tiny camera put in her leg space part, so I could watch her fidgeting her high heeled leather boots during the journey. Then I'd jack off when she gets out and goes off to do stuff, and possibly get in the back and sniff the seat she'd been sitting on.

I mean, my ficitional counterpart would. [cough cough]

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 06:58 AM   #93
HumanePain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bete Noire and Sir Canvas Corpsey
Hmm can I has a small part perchance? Question: Do I see more action?
Bete-Noir is actually the waiter who gives Sarah the key to the club back in chapter 7, but yes, I can give your character more to say. And you too Sir Canvas! In fact, I have just the part for you to play!

And Mr. Child: affirmative on the seat sniffing! I'll bet you can tell a redhead from a blonde!

Old 03-02-2008, 07:00 AM   #94
Apathy's_Child

Fo' real, I'd know a fire-pussy anywhere!!

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:12 AM   #95
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Humane, this story just keeps getting better and better every time I read a new chapter. I'm pretty much getting on this site every day just to see if you have posted a new chapter.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:51 AM   #96
Tha Duckman

When can I be a fuckin' robot?
Old 03-02-2008, 08:54 AM   #97
HumanePain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Duckman
When can I be a fuckin' robot?
Your character is more interesting as a puppet of MollyMac's character, so in a sense you are a robot who is manipulated by her.

Old 03-02-2008, 08:57 AM   #98
Duane

I have a couple of requests, could you add in a scene where Duane starts hitting on a group of hot, big boobed women and woos them? Hm, and a... actually, that's it. The story is awesome, excellent work, very inspiring to a young writer.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:59 AM   #99
Tha Duckman

I wants to be a robot! Like Karl Ruprecht Kroenen from Hellboy.

That would be ace...
Old 03-02-2008, 09:32 AM   #100
Bella Sophia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenmother
Awe...Bella you beter be nice to my boy..lol.^_^. JK.
lol, I will ^_^

I wish I were more rebellious in this story, maybe later on! O_O *bounces up and down in anxious excitement*

Quote: